• Published 17th Apr 2021
  • 5,004 Views, 702 Comments

Reformed Unicorn Group Podcast - Quoterific



Four former unicorn villains share some laughs and fun upon reflection about their past

  • ...
16
 702
 5,004

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 106- Buck Of A Time Pt.13

“Inspired by the Equestria Games going on, we have decided to try and compete ourselves,” Starlight announced to their listeners, “We are outside in the centre of Manehattan with a crowd around us as she try to see who can buck the hardest out of all of us in the R.U.G.”

“This idea came to us during Applejack’s and Rainbow Dash’s annual Iron Pony Competition,” Tempest explained, “And one event has caught our eyes. Each of us will see how hard we can buck using this machine with a bell on top called a buck-striker. We will each come up and give it the hardest buck as we can. The pony who hits hammer to ring the bell or gets it as high as possible wins the buck-off.”

“Being our judge and taking time of royal duties from the Games is nonother than the Princess of Friendship herself, Twilight Sparkle!” The crowd around them cheered as Twilight waved, though still with her sheepish smile when she is met by a big crowd.

“Being the judge on the Iron Pony Competition, she has agreed to come along and be the judge of this match,” Sunset smiled to her friend.

“Thank you for allowing to finally take a break from being an observer from the Games,” Twilight sighed, “Anyway, the machine is all set, meaning that you can all take it in turns to try and buck as hard as you can. You may not be as strong as Applejack, who won it last time, but I’m still interested to see how you will do at it. Starlight, you can come up next. We will be adding the heights all together as points.” The crowd gave another cheer as Starlight took her position, facing away from the buck-strikeer and stretched her hindlegs to warm up.

She reared forwards and hit the target as hard as she could muster, not using any magic to balance herself you to cheat on the machine. The hammer rose, but not quite enough to reach the bell on top. Twilight levitated a notebook and scribbled down the score.

“And after her first attempt, Starlight ha managed to buck the hammer 6.38 metres high,” Twilight announced, earning a respectable applause from the crowd, “When you’re ready, Starlight, you can make your second attempt.” Starlight nodded, her face screwed up in concentration as she did reared forwards and aimed at the target again. The hammer rose again, slightly higher than before.

“Better than the fist attempt,” Twilight mused, “That is 6.73 metres, so you can move onto your third and final attempt.” Starlight nodded and prepared for the final buck. With a final swift buck on the target, she gave it her all.

“And that is 7.31 metres. That gives you a grand total of 20.42 points,” Twilight concluded. Starlight nodded, wiping off the sweat from her forehead as the crowd gave their show of support. Trixie was up next. Her face showed determination, as if she was preparing to show off some great and powerful magic trick.

She looked up at the ten-metre high buck-striker and positioned herself to get ready in front of the bucking target. She gave it her best shot and aimed at the target with all her might. The hammer rose and she struck it with a strong force.

“That’s 7.32 metres,” Twilight said, sounding slightly shocked.

“Working at a work farm just to make a living probably helped,” Trixie said nonchalantly.

“Onto your second attempt,” Twilight rolled her eyes whilst Trixie took her place again and struck it with another strong buck. Starlight gave a whistle in encouragement.

“7.58 metres,” Twilight said impressed, “And now onto your third and final attempt.” Trixie gave her final buck one that was a strong as possible. The crowd gave a big cheer as reached the eight metre mark.

“8.24 metres,” Twilight had to fly up to get an accurate reading, “That gives the final score of 23.41 and places Trixie in the lead!”

“After that embarrassing moment at the diving pool, this makes up for it,” Trixie smirked triumphantly. Sunset was next to see how good her bucking skills was. Being a human in one world and a pony in another, she will have a hard time to adapt between bucking and kicking, but she approached the buck-striker confidently.

“Just give it your best shot,” Twilight smiled comfortably, “When you’re ready, please take your first attempted.” Sunset nodded and took a good buck at the target, the hammer rising quickly before falling back to the bottom.

“5.87 meters,” Twilight frowned, “I think you can try harder than that. When you’re ready, have a go on your second attempt.” Sunset’s face was one of pure concentration as she struck the target for her second attempt.

“Better,” Twilight complimented, “6.43, and now you can go and do you’re third and final attempt.” The crowd gave a sound of support, as did her co-hosts, as she prepared for the final buck. She reared forwards and struck it with one final buck. The hammer rose a good distance and fell, the crowd cheering on Sunset’s third attempt.

“7.23m!” Twilight announced, “19.53 is the total, as she now turn our attention to Tempest for her attempts.” Tempest walked up to the striker and got herself ready for the first shot. She reared forwards and gave it her all, the hammer racing up and back down.

“8.64 metres, a very strong start,” Twilight announced, earning a round of applause from the spectators. Tempest had determination on her face as she struck the target with another strong buck.

“9.07m!” Twilight announced, “She could actually do it and hit that bell!” Tempest smiled and struck the target for her third and final attempt, which went straight up and rang the bell, earning a round of applause from the crowd.

“And we’ve got a winner of the buck-off,” Twilight announced, “It’s Tempest!”

“Thank you all for attending and listening today’s edition of the R.U.G,” Tempest smiled triumphantly, “We will be back for more laughs and talks, btu for now, it’s goodbye from all us all in the centre of Manehattan.”

PreviousChapters Next