• Published 17th Apr 2021
  • 4,984 Views, 702 Comments

Reformed Unicorn Group Podcast - Quoterific



Four former unicorn villains share some laughs and fun upon reflection about their past

  • ...
16
 702
 4,984

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 48- Lyra In The Sunset

"So then Lyra," Sunset groaned through gritted teeth, "Welcome to the show."

"Play nice," Trixie giggled. If looks could kill a pony, then Trixie would be nothing more than a pile of ash. Sunset gave that kind of glare that would make even a sunset small in burning comparison.Starlight tried to move on from her heated gaze.

"Now remember Sunset, we are going to take this nice and easy. You two may have started out bumpy, but you two can move along from there and get on nicely," Starlight told her. Sunset rolled her eyes and shifted uncomfortably in her seat. Lyra, on the other hoof, stood still as she stared at the pony like a target. Her right eye twitched as she tried to get herself under control.

"Hands," She muttered, "Must know your secrets, yellow pony." Sunset only gave Starlight a deadpanned look.

"See what I have to go through every day?" Sunset waved a hoof at Lyra.

"Relax. I can always hold her back if she gets in your personal space. What could possibly go wrong," Starlight shrugged.

"And you just had to say it," Tempest muttered. This time it was Starlight who gave Tempest the glare.

"Hands are amazing!" Lyra shouted, causing the group to flinch, "No more need of relying on magic to levitate something. No more using your mouth, like a pegasus or earth pony. The possibilities are endless. Playing instruments without the difficulty of angling your hoof right, the dexterity of holding and grasping something correctly and the possibility of doing more than the mind can even think of." Lyra gave a manic laugh, causing Sunset to further sink down into her seat. Lyra's mane became disheveled, bloodshot eyes twitching and darting in different directions.

"And I thought Twilight was bad enough," Starlight muttered as she observed Lyra's antics with a watchful pair of eyes. Trixie then burst of laughing.

"The Great and Powerful Trixie is enjoying this way too much. Where is the popcorn when you need it, or maybe a camera," Trixie tapped her chin with her hoof thoughtfully.

"If this is going to be payback for printing your magical mishaps on the Foal Free Press, then I''m out," Sunset huffed, never taking an eye of the pony that will forever haunt her dreams.

"So then, what have you two being learning together to get along," Starlight hurried along.

"Sunset has been most helpful in understanding her world and everything in-between," Lyra started off, "I had fun learning about what goes on and everything that she and the girls have done. They were truly the equivalent of Princess Twilight Sparkle and her friends. She taught me how to play her instruments, got me into painting and showed me how to play video games!" Lyra laughed at the fun they had.

"Glad you liked them," Sunset sighed, before muttering under her breath, "She's like the Lyra in my world." She paused before jamming a hoof into her mouth, realising what she said out loud. She was suddenly yanked forward to meet Lyra's face.

"There's a Lyra in your world as well?"

Unsure what do say, and because Lyra's grip was tight, she just nodded slowly.

"Show me! Show me right now!" Lyra began shaking Sunset like a filly excited that they got their cutie mark. Sunset rocked back and forth, her face turning a slight shade of green.

"And just like that, I think we are done for today's session," Starlight sighed, using her magic to get Lyra under control. Sunset gave dizzy eyes before passing out on the couch.

"Lyra," Starlight tried to calm her down, "Remember what we talked about? Baby steps and all?"

"Fine, baby steps," Lyra huffed and crossed her forelegs whilst midair. Tempest nudged Sunset by the side.

"Sunset, are you alright?" Tempest asked. Sunset sat up straight.

"Princess Celestia, I don't want to go to magic school today," She slurred before passing out.

"Right," Trixie sighed before turning her attention to their probably confused listeners, "We are going to take a break there to allow Sunset to recover and to get this show under control. We will be back once everything has cleared and back running to, hopefully, as normal as we can."

PreviousChapters Next