• Published 17th Apr 2021
  • 4,982 Views, 702 Comments

Reformed Unicorn Group Podcast - Quoterific



Four former unicorn villains share some laughs and fun upon reflection about their past

  • ...
16
 702
 4,982

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 22- Rhyme With Fire

"So Garble, welcome to the show," Starlight introduced wryly. Tempest just sat their with a hard glare, remembering her past encounter with Dragonlord Ember and making sure he doesn't get a claw out of line, but it would be fun as with what happened with Ember.

"Please, Smolder only wanted me on this show to tell my story with Spike. It's nothing special," Grable just crossed his arms and huffed a cloud of smoke.

"Please don't do that," Sunset tried to warn him as gently as she can, "You're gonna set off the the studio's fire alarm."

"I can't believe your related to Smolder," Starlight said, "This is like Maud being related to Pinkie." Sunset nodded in agreement.

"Pony school made her a softy, but she can be tough when she wants to be," Garble countered.

"You obviously haven't seen her in a dress before," Starlight muttered, recalling how the students had a test by the Tree of Harmony itself, but tried to get the show on the road.

"So, how did you and Spike first meet?" Starlight started off.

"It all started with the Dragon Migration and Spike's journey to the dragon lands. Spike wanted to find out what it meant to be a dragon, living in Pony Town for too long. We gave him challenges to see if he was, with tail wrestling, lava jumping and gem brawls. We then went into our nest raids, but Spikey-Wikey didn't want to break the phoenix egg. Spike's pony friends came in and helped him escape. That was basically it for a first encounter with his pony friends," Garble told his tale.

"And when was the second time you met?" Trixie asked for Garble to continue his story.

"The was when the old Dragonlord Torch wanted to step down and to see who would take on the challenge of being the next Dragonlord. That was when Spike met Ember and showed her what friendship truly meant and not having to fight all the time. Spike managed to get to the sceptre with the help of Ember, making me hug every dragon on the way back, saying I can't explain why," Garble groaned with a bit of resignation, causing Trixie to laugh out loud.

"Spike made you do that? My, Trixie didn't know Spike had a side like that. I like it," Trixie spoke in her proud third-person as usual, causing an eyeroll from Starlight, but chuckled at Garble's tale.

"What changed?" Tempest asked.

"One strange yellow pegasus who's stare can shatter my soul," Garble shivered at the memory of being put in his place by the mare. The others looked at each other before the bell rang in Starlight's mind.

"Fluttershy?" Starlight asked.

"If that was her name, she certainly wasn't shy to give me a piece of her mind," Garble explained, "It was Dragon Hatching Season, but our eggs weren't harching, because some of the dragons were causing the lava baths to heat the eggs to leak. I was up to my usual business of picking on Spikey-Wikey, and that was when Fluttershy caught me playing...bongos," Garble explained, but strained on the last word. Trixie burst out laughing, only to he hit on the head by Starlight. Garble got out his own bongos and gave a demonstration.

Our differences make us unique.
She told me that was all we seek.
It helped me overcome my fears,
To save hatching season by lending an ear.

We saved the eggs and I gave my rhymes.
Dragons came to me far and wide.
Thanks to her I have nothing to fear,
For our differences is what we now celebrate here.

Garble gave his bongos a finish flourish and finished his poetry. The others clapped their hooves.

"Impressive," Trixie said, "You must teach me some of that. Maybe it will help me the Great and Powerful Rhyming Trixie."

"Just ask Zecora, she will help. She did give Rainbow Dash a rhyming dictionary once to help cheerleading," Starlight aided her friend.

"Anyway," Sunset rounded off, "Thank you for agreeing to come to the show, Garble, even if it was your sister's intentions. We will be back after the break, so don't miss our on anything."

PreviousChapters Next