• Published 17th Apr 2021
  • 4,969 Views, 702 Comments

Reformed Unicorn Group Podcast - Quoterific



Four former unicorn villains share some laughs and fun upon reflection about their past

  • ...
16
 702
 4,969

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 93- Fresh Talks

“We are coming to you live away from the studio!” Sunset welcomed their followers back for another edition on the R.U.G., “Today we are at the small town of Dodge Junction.

“For those who don’t know where Didge Junction, is, it’s just on the outskirts of Appleloosa, with easy to access train station and simple settings,” Starlight explained, “However, we are here today to help out on one special farm.”

“So please welcome on the show, Cherry Jubilee,” Tempest welcomed the cherry farmer to their show.

“Well pluck my stems, it’s an honour to be here,” Cherry thanked the hosts, “And welcome to my pride and joy, me cherry orchard. It takes a long time to grow these beauties, but it’s a reward at the end of the first harvest.”

“We are in the backyard factory with special uniform and mane-nets as we are going to help out on the farm. So tell us, what we are going to help out with today?” Trixie turned to Cherry.

“Today, you are going to help me separate the red and yellow cherries,” Cherry explained simply, “Tempest and Starlight can get the red cherries, and Sunset and Trixie can get the yellow ones. I will move the belt with this pony-sized hamster wheel. Let’s see how fast you ponies can keep up.” Everpony took to their positions, Tempest and Starlight next to each other, with Sunset and Trixie sitting opposite them. Baskets were places opposite to them next to the conveyor belt, so that they can simply push the cherries in.

Cherry Jubilee hopped onto the pony wheel and began walking at a steady pace. The conveyor belt began to move, bringing cherries of red and yellow towards the R.U.G. They soon got into a rhythm of pushing their allotted colours into the basket. Tempest started to interview Cherry whilst she walked on the wheel.

“So, where do these cherries go when they are picked from the trees and then get transported around Equestria? You’re orchard is well known. It’s no wonder you secured a special place at the Equestria Games.”

“Some I save to make jams. Canterlot gets the most from my cherries, followed by Manehattan,” Jubilee explained whilst she walked. She began to accelerate into a slow trot, the speed of the conveyor belt increasing slightly, but not much to put off the group.

“In terms of customers,” Cherry continued, “I once had this strange order from Countess Coloratura’s manager to have two separate bowls of red and yellow cherries. No idea why she didn’t want them in one bowl to save Pinkie’s time. Speaking of Pinkie, I offered her a ride once in a wagon to Yakyakistan, but me and the boys were super tired that we all fell asleep on the drive. I had this strange dream about a ravine, and when I looked down, there was one right below us.”

She was speeding as she walked, the group starting to struggle at the pace of the conveyor belt. Trixie was starting to levitate some into her hat.

“Then suddenly, the cliff broke about and down we went. Then that Wonderbolts of all ponies saved us and dropped me to Manehattan and Pinkie continued on her journey to Yakyakistan. Another big order was at the Summer Sun Festival. I even had time to spare to create some cherry based pastries and desserts. Cherry tarts, apple and cherry crumble, cherry ice cream…”

Cherry Jubilee continued to list her desserts with passion, this time at full galloping speed. The group were struggling hard now. Tempest was the most unfortunate, unable to use simple levitation to separate them out with her magic. Starlight had to teleport batches of cherries to count them out, deciding to eat some on the go as she worked.

Trixie’s hat was overflowing the cherries now, the show-pony trying hard to keep track of her colour. Sunset was unfortunate. Being yellow herself, she would mix her hooves with the colour of the fruit, causing her to lose her hoof in the blur of cherries. She would levitate her hoof at random, falling back in her rump.

Ultimately, it was about to break…

“STOP!” Trixie commanded. Cherry screeched to a halt, causing the conveyor belt to jerk. Cherry flew everywhere, the R.U.G. covered in cherry juice as well as Cherry Jubilee herself. Walls were stained with a mixture of yellow and red. The group looked nervously at each other before they heard to sound of laughter come from Cherry.

“Are you laughing?” Sunset asked incredulously.

“I’m sorry, but you don’t have to worry about this,” Cherry said in-between fits of laughter, “This is what happened when Applejack was hired by me and her friends worked with me. Don’t worry, it just means that I will have extra jam on jam season. I might even ferment the damaged ones to make a strong punch or fruit cider out of them. Berry Punch, a favourite customer of mine, always comes around on cider season.”

The group relaxed at that, sighing in relief.

“Well, thank you for the experience at your farm nonetheless, Cherry Jubilee. We are going to help clear up this mess and we will get back to you all soon. However, from the R.U.G., coming live from Dodge Junction, it’s goodbye from us,” Sunset giggled as they took off their messy uniforms and got jars and towels at the ready.

Operation clean up was a go-go.

PreviousChapters Next