• Published 17th Apr 2021
  • 4,969 Views, 702 Comments

Reformed Unicorn Group Podcast - Quoterific



Four former unicorn villains share some laughs and fun upon reflection about their past

  • ...
16
 702
 4,969

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 6- Well-Baked Friendship

“You join us in the studio kitchen today as we have a cooking demonstration with us today with a very special guest,” Trixie announced.

“Travelling all the way from Griffonstone to bake their famous scones for us, It’s Gilda!” Sunset introduced to the listeners.

“Yeah, yeah, just get to the good stuff already,” Gilda grunted.

“So what do you need to bake the perfect Griffonstone Scones?” Tempest asked with intrigued.

“What you’re gonna need is 1 pound of self-raising flour, one and three-quarter ounces of caster sugar, 3 and a half ounces of butter 2 eggs, a dash of milk and Pinkie Pie’s friendship approved baking powder, just 2 teaspoonfuls,” Gilda explained.

“Why friendship approved?” Starlight asked.

“Because Pinkie Pie said so,” Gilda rolled her eyes.

“Fair enough?”

“Preheat the oven to around 220 Celestius, or 430 Marenheit with two greased trays. Then you mix the flour, baking powder in a large bowl. Rub the butter in until it feels like breadcrumbs between my talons or your hooves,” Gilda instructed.

“And tell us how the Griffonstone scone came to be,” Sunset said as she started mixing.

“It was a staple food after our idol was stolen for us and Griffonstone turned into, as Rainbow Dash said, a total dump,” Gilda huffed, “Rainbow Dash and Pinkie were sent their on their so-called Friendship Mission. But we griffons don’t do friendship, and any direct interaction is less snuggly than you ponies.”

After the mixture was checked, Gilda added the eggs to a measuring jug and added the milk until the whole contents reached 300ml. she then poured it into the dry mix bit by bit, until the mixture was sticky enough.

“Next you need a lightly dusted workspace to knead the dough. For extra flavour, you can mix sultanas into the mixture. Roll it out until it’s about ¾ of an inch thick. Cut them into circles as round as possible and brush them with egg and milk for an extra shine. You want your scones to be around 2 inches in diameter. Bake until pale brown and well risen for 15 minutes,” Gilda instructed next. The scones where placed in the oven as instructed and the group sat back down on the studio table.

“And what was Rainbow’s and Pinkie’s friendship mission?” Trixie asked.

“Rainbow thought that if we get the idol back, everything would be okay, but Pinkie realised that we thought that the idol was important to us. If we learnt to spread friendship throughout Griffonstone, the place would be a better kingdom to live in. I was torn between the idol and my friends when we were trapped down a ravine, but in the end I chose them. I may have been a bully and a bit of a brute back in the old days, but I now have a chance to be a better Griffon. Pinkie and Rainbow even gave me the responsibility to spread friendship after I gave scones to a griffon without asking for bits. It was amazing! I made my first ever friend there.”

“And is it true that you have a past with Rainbow?” Starlight asked with interest.

“Yes, she introduced me when no pony did, we became best flying buddies. However, I realised how much I have changed into the worst griffon out there. It made me realise, looking back, how true of a friend she was at the time. I saw the difference between what I was and what I could become. Sure, my griffon streak comes out sometimes, but that doesn’t mean I haven’t learnt anything from their visit.”

Just then there was a ding from the oven, declaring the scones were ready. Gilda used an oven glove to take them out.

“And there you have it. Griffonstone’s famous scones, improved thanks to a certain party pony,” Gilda chuckled and rolled her eyes. The unicorns dug themselves in. a moan of satisfaction was heard from out of the radio.

“Delicious,” Starlight commented

“Definitely are,” Sunset approved.

“These get the Great and Powerful Trixie’s approval," Trixie declared.

“And on that tasty note, we are done for today!” Tempest concluded, “Thank you to our special guest Gilda for sharing the recipe. Like baking, Friendship is hard work. But the reward is something that's more tasty.”

“You ponies are super sappy,” Gilda commented.

Author's Note:

Better post this chapter up since my university term starts and I have a practical to do tomorrow. Hope you like this warm and tasty chapter. Based on a real scone recipe that would have Pinkie's seal of approval :pinkiehappy:

PreviousChapters Next