• Published 17th Apr 2021
  • 4,968 Views, 702 Comments

Reformed Unicorn Group Podcast - Quoterific



Four former unicorn villains share some laughs and fun upon reflection about their past

  • ...
16
 702
 4,968

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 97- Right On Target Pt.4

“You join us here today at the Manehattan Arena for another full coverage of the Equestria Games,” Tempest welcomed every listener back, “Unlike the final singles’ ice archery that happens in the main arena at the end of the Games as they traditionally do, this is the triples’ archery. But before we explain the rules, please welcome Gabby from Good Morning Equestria to the show!”

“It’s a pleasure to be here,” Gabby thanked as Tempest clapped, “But let us explain the rules of triple’s archery, shall we?”

“Let’s being,” Tempest agreed, “There are three archers per team with their own bow and arrow who will step up to the target behind the line in turn. They have a time limit to keep within to hit the target, with points labelled one to ten. There is six sets and the winner of the three will advance with the other winner from another team, like what Sunset, Marble and Pinkie witnessed in the fencing.” Tempest allowed Gabby to finish off.

“The winner is the team that comes out triumphant from the others, with second and third place decided by the points the archers managed to hit,” Gabby finished explaining. Tempest then took out a scroll to reveal who will be up against who.

1. Griffonstone vs. Silver Shoals
2. Peaks Of Peril vs. Vanhoover
3. Changeling Kingdom vs. Whinnyapolis
4. Trotsylvania vs. Mexicolt

“Griffonstone has a long history of wars and battles, with archery being a specialty which still holds a strong culture today. I will be rooting for them to do well. Let’s not forget the Changeling Kingdom, who also have a dark past under Queen Chrysalis, so maybe they will surprise us. There is also the new kingdom of the games with the Peaks of Peril, will hopefully go far in the games,” Tempest looked closely at the names on the list.

“It looks like the archers are taking position,” Gabby looked down onto the field where the archers were taking their place behind the line. Griffonstone was the shoot their three arrows, with Vanhoover, the Changeling Kingdom and Trotsylvania going first at their target. One minute was put on the clock as team member pulled their first arrow. There was a deafening hush amongst the crowd to allow the archers to concentrate, only allowing to applause once all three have taken their turn. Even the commentators were not allowed to speak to loudly.

“Griffonstone is making a strong start so far, hitting an eight and nine. The third griffon is now taking his turn and… hits another none points, bringing the total to twenty-six. Silver Shoals now steps up to the target now,” Tempest commentated. Meanwhile, Gabby was focused on the next target.

“The Peaks of Peril have a strong start as well, winning the first and second set with strong scores of twenty-five and twenty-eight. Vanhoover needs to get this set just right and the final archer is taking position,” Gabby was on the edge of her seat, speaking in a hushed tone, “She shoots…And hits a six. The Peaks of Peril have won straight sets and now advances into the next round!” Gabby had to whisper in celebration.

“We also have confirmation regarding the other teams that the Changeling Kingdom have also advanced into the next round, winning two-to-one set with their strong archers. Over on target four, it’s Mexicolt that triumphs over Trotsylvania,” Tempest announced the winners of the first knockouts who will go to the semi-final.

“Word has just come round from the first target, and Griffonstone has won three clear sets against Silver Shoals. So the semi final will be Griffonstone against the Peaks of Peril, and the Changeling Kingdom against Mexicolt,” Gabby silently announced as the teams down below, congratulated each other then made their way to the next set of targets. The Peaks of Peril were the first to take aim on target one, whilst Mexicolt went up against the Changeling Kingdom.

“So here’s the semi-final, with Griffonstone having a slight edge over the Peaks of Peril, losing the first set but gaining back one,” Gabby watched with joy, happy that her kingdom has made it this far.

“The Changeling Hive is definitely show how it’s done, winning two clear sets against Mexicolt,” Tempest said with intrigued, “We’re onto the final set with the Peaks of Peril have to get a eight or higher to win, and Mexicolt needing a seven or higher.”

“They are drawing their final arrows back and… It’s Griffonstone and the Changeling Kingdom going through to the final round!” Gabby clapped her talons together as the audience applauded as well as Griffonstone and the Changeling Kingdom took to the final target. Taking a deep breath, the first archer took to the line, drawing the first arrow.

“We have just received confirmation that with the scores from the semi-final, the Peaks of Peril will take the bronze medal. Gold and silver will be decided with this final match, meaning that this game will see a full creature line-up taking the medals. This will surely go down in Equestria Games’ history!” Gabby excitedly announced. They bothy turned their attention to the final match of the game.

“Griffonstone takes up a strong lead with a nine, ten and ten out of thirty. The Changeling only makes little damage with a seven, eight and eight out of a possible thirty, meaning that Griffonstone has the first set win of the final,” Gabby watched closely.

“However, the changelings have managed to gain back a set with a nine, seven and eight,” Tempest commented.

“And Griffonstone have secured their second set now,” Gabby was trying to keep it all in, “If they win this set, Griffosntone will secure their first gold medal at the games!”

“The Chnageling Kingdom draws their final arrow. Will it be enough for them to take the gold?” Tempest rhetorically asked, “The Changeling shoots… And it’s unlucky that it hits a seven. Griffonstone takes the gold!” A loud applause erupted from the stands as the winner was announced.

“A big congratulations to Griffonstone, who takes the gold. Silver goes to the Changeling Kingdom, with third place going to the Peaks of Peril!”

“That is all for the triple’s archery, live from Manehattan. Hope you enjoyed the event and we will see you soon for more coverage of the Equestria Games!” Gabby flapped her wings in excitement as she said goodbye.

PreviousChapters Next