• Published 17th Apr 2021
  • 4,983 Views, 702 Comments

Reformed Unicorn Group Podcast - Quoterific



Four former unicorn villains share some laughs and fun upon reflection about their past

  • ...
16
 702
 4,983

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 103- Shoot Out Pt.10

“Coming to you live from Manehattan, in partnership with Good Morning Equestria, we are here for more action at the Equestria Games!” Tempest welcomed their listeners back, “We are going to watch the magical shooting competition, where every unicorn, changeling and kirin with the power of laser beams tries to shoot as many flying targets for as long as possible. Joining me from G.M.E is nonother than fellow kirin Autumn Blaze!”

“Hello every creature and what a competition we have on our hooves,” Autumn continued, “This going to be quite the shoot out as we are watching them down below, warming up for this intensive event.” Tempest and Autumn watched from their commentary booth the numerous unicorns, kirins and changelings lighting their horns ready, feeling the magic build up for the shoot-out.

“And we are in for quite the match aren’t we?” Tempest asked the kirin, who nodded and smiled excitedly.

“Indeed we are,” Autumn agreed, “As you said, they must hit as many targets as possible with their charged magic in a certain amount of time, so precision and the energy of their magic is essential for getting this right.”

“As they warm up, why don’t we see who is competing to win that gold medal?” Tempest watched as Autumn pulled a scroll and unrolled it to see who was in the event.

1. Magespire
2. Peaks of Peril
3. Changeling Kingdom
4. Canterlot
5. Shire’s Hollow
6. Saddle Arabia

“We have quite a list of strong competitors today, with the debut of changelings and kirins as we mentioned,” Tempest looked down with Autumn, “We wish every creature the best of luck as they take their positions behind the line as the targets are being raised.”

“The bookies’ favourites are on Canterlot and Saddle Arabia, though many are hoping the kirins and changelings are going to do well,” Tempest explained, “The audience is quiet now to allow the shooters to concentrate. At the sound of the signal the shoot out will commence.” Suddenly, the sound of a buzz rang out around the stadium, every shooter firing their magic at rapid speed.

“We must let you know just now exhausting it is to maintain a consistent beam,” Autumn said, “A concentrated beam of magic is specifically hard to maintain as your magical reserves are severely short.”

“It’s not about stamina at the shooting, it’s about endurance mentally to maintain control of your magic,” Tempest carried on.

“Back with our main shooters, and as predicted, Canterlot is making is doing amazingly, destroying fifteen targets as the clock ticks down,” Autumn and Tempest watched the unicorn mare from Canterlot with the light purple magic, firing it rapidly at each target. The target lit up with the same colour of their magic to show that this target have been struck by them.

“Over to the other creatures, and the Changeling Kingdom is also holding up strong,” Tempest looked down at the changeling firing a strong blue magic, “The kirin shooter is holding up okay as well. Her red magic is firing at those targets with good accuracy.”

“Saddle Arabia seems to struggle keeping up with the momentum of the others and she looks exhausted,” Autumn watched worryingly, “Hold on, she has stepped back and gave the signal that she cannot shoot anymore! Her magic has stopped and she has to bow out!” There was an applause of respect as the Saddle Arabia hopeful’s horn died down and she collapsed on her back. Some helpers came along and carried her back to the side-lines, giving her a bottle of water and a towel to wipe off the sweat from her forehead.

“One down, five more shooters to go,” Tempest watched intently, “It seems that next one struggling is Magespire.” Autumn and Tempest watched with concern to the unicorn firing her orange magic.

“It seems her magic has started to become off target and less forceful,” Autumn watched on, “I think she’s also going to have to admit defeat as she has taken a step back from the line and raises a hoof. Yep, I think it’s game over for Magespire.”

“Hang on,” Tempest watched with wide eyes, “This has just came in that Shire’s Hollow has collapsed from magical exhaustion!” The commentators watched as a stretcher was being rushed onto the field, “It just goes to show that this is an exhausting sport and not for the faint-hearted.” The crowd clapped in respect as the shooter was lifted and carried swiftly away by the medical team.

“So it seems we are now down to our final three who are hoping to aim for gold,” Autumn watched, “It’s all about willpower now as they try not to exhaust themselves.”

“And it seems that the Changeling Kingdom is struggling to keep up now,” Tempest said in alarm, “The changeling has stepped away from the line and signalled that she has nothing more to give. Bronze will go to the Changeling Kingdom for their admirable effort.”

“Now it’s the battle for the gold medal between Canterlot and the Peaks of Peril,” Tempest watched with focused attention, “And they are really giving it their all now.”

“Canterlot has just got the edge as the kirin is struggling to keep up the pace with the shooting,” Autumn was on the edge of her seat, “And it seems that the kirin as stepped away from the line and shook her head. She has admitted defeat and Canterlot claims the gold!”

“What an amazing match we have just witnessed, with so much intensity,” Autumn said, “Smoke is literally coming out of their horns now as they blow it off. That is all from the shooting stadium for the Equestria Games today as we wish you a good day and hope that you will be back for more action of the Games as they happen!”

PreviousChapters Next