• Published 17th Apr 2021
  • 4,968 Views, 702 Comments

Reformed Unicorn Group Podcast - Quoterific



Four former unicorn villains share some laughs and fun upon reflection about their past

  • ...
16
 702
 4,968

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 99- Plain Sailing Pt.6

“Welcome to Downtown Manehattan, specifically Manehattan’s bay for the next event of the games,” Starlight welcome back, “The crowd have gathered to watching the sailing race and in partnership with Good Morning Equestria for daily coverage of the Games, here’s Pinkie Pie!”

“Thank you for inviting me for talking about the sailing today!” Pinkie excitedly thanked Starlight for joining her, “This is going to be one super-duper fun race. The tension is so great I might explode! I remember exploding when Cadance and Shining Armor were having Flurry! This is a whole different pressure on the sailors today and-“ Starlight jammed a hoof into Pinkie’s mouth.

“Thank you Pinkie,” Starlight said with a strained smile and her usual nervous laughter, “I think our fellow listeners will know what the sailors are feeling right now. Why don’t we explain what our sailors are dealing with before we move onto the list of competitors?”

“Okay,” Pinkie’s muffled voice came from her closed-off mouth. Slowly, Starlight lifted her hoof away from Pinkie’s mouth so that she can explain the rules of the race.

“The rules are quite simple really,” Pinkie explained, “The sailors will start at Manehattan Bay, and at the sound of the klaxon, it’s full speed ahead! There are multiple buoys that they must successfully turn in circles in order to carry on racing. Sailors must also respect who is facing the wind and allow clearance when over taking. Failure to do so will be penalised.” From somewhere in her mane, she pulled out a trombone and played a tune on it. Starlight just smiled and rolled her eyes at Pinkie’s antics.

“Thank you Pinkie for explaining the rules, now let’s see the list of competitors,” Starlight said as she levitated a scroll with her magic and unfurled it, revealing the list of competitors after that gold medal:


1. Silver Shoals
2. Mount Aris
3. Trotland
4. Seaddle
5. Monacolt
6. Puerto Caballo
7. Mustangia
8. Whinnyapolis

“Mount Aris will be hoping to secure another gold medal, with strong competition from the gold medallist from Puerto Caballo and Trotland. This is going to be an interesting race,” Starlight thought out loud as she scrutinized the list of sailors competing, "Of course we are wishing the other competitors the best of luck as they take to the waters, ride the rough waters out there on the bay and I'm sure they will do the best that they can."

“This is so exciting!” Pinkie clapped her hooves in excitement, “And we don’t have to wait that long! The sailors are taking up position at the starting line!” Down on the bay, every creature watched as the sailors took their positions and waited for the klaxon. At the sound of it, they were off, the crowd cheering for their sailor to go for gold.

“And we are off, the sailors really using the strong wind today to their advantage. Who will win is any creature’s guess at this stage,” Starlight said as she watched from across the water’s edge.

“Trotland are having a great start!” Pinkie was right on the edge of her seat, “Their boat is just inching ahead of the second place Monacolt. We are onto the first buoy they must successfully circle around. Trotland successfully overcomes the first obstacle, with Mount Aris and Monacolt right no their tail!”

“The wind is their only ally as the sailors now head under Manehattan’s train bridge, using the wind under the bridge to their advantage as they head under it now and into Midtown of Manehattan.” Starlight said as they watched on a magic screen window made by Starlight, “Mount Aris is going strong, but Trotland has made a clear lead for themselves.”

“The second buoy is next as the sailors make a full turn around it and make it through Manehattan’s busy fashion district. I can see Rarity’s boutique from here!” Pinkie excitedly watched, earning a small glare from Starlight to concentrate on the race instead, “Anyway, Monacolt will be fighting for a bronze if they don’t catch up with Trotland or Mount Aris!”

“Onto the final buoy as they make their way around it. The other sailors are giving it their all, but it’s the leading three every creature has their eyes on!” Starlight was on the edge of her seat too.

“We are onto the final leg of the race as they cross Uptown Manehattan and the finishing line is in sight. Trotland, Mount Aris and Monacolt are pushing it now. The crowd is cheering for them as they reach the finishing line,” Pinkie was shaking with pure joy.

“And the winner is… Trotland! Mount Aris take a comfortable second place on their debut in sailing and Monacolt will have to settle for bronze!” Starlight clapped her hooves, not that the sailors will hear and see them.

“And big congratulations for those three competitors and to their respective kingdoms and cities that have won a medal,” Pinkie congratulated as she reached from somewhere behind her and pulled out a cake shaped as a sailing boat, with sugar work done on the sails and mast.

“And I made a boat cake to honour this race! Care for a bite, Starlight?” Pinkie got a knife from a random place and sliced it, revealing a blue cake to represent the sea.

“Don’t mind if I do,” Starlight chuckled, “And for all for tuning in, and we will be back for more coverage of the Games as they happen. However, right now, me and Pinkie have a cake to enjoy together!”

PreviousChapters Next