• Published 17th Apr 2021
  • 4,968 Views, 702 Comments

Reformed Unicorn Group Podcast - Quoterific



Four former unicorn villains share some laughs and fun upon reflection about their past

  • ...
16
 702
 4,968

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 90- Life's A Breeze

“We are going to have to whisper today for this every special edition on the Reformed Unicorn Podcast,” Sunset said in a hushed voice, just enough for the microphones to pick up on that, “We are live, coming to you from the centre of Ponyville for a special day, and here to discuss this special day is Fluttershy.” The group also gave a silent clap of their hooves, welcoming the expert of these special creatures that they have come to see and broadcast.

“So then Fluttershy, for those who don’t know what’s the occasion, why don’t you tell us?” Starlight whispered to Fluttershy, who nodded.

“We are here today to watch the breezie migration,” Fluttershy simply answered. There was a pause, before Tempest gestured for her to continue.

“Oh, well you see, Rainbow Dash is up there along with fellow pegasi Flitter and Cloud Chaser to create the gentle breeze for them to move across Ponyville.”

“And why is it important for them to have a breeze?” Trixie asked in confusion, “Can’t they just ride a normal wind?”

“Do you know who tiny a breezie is?” Fluttershy asked the group, which shook their heads, “Even the wind from a leaf blowing over will cause them to separate together. We need a controlled wind to help them on their journey. Which is why we need the pegasi to help, with their ability to manipulate the weather such as the wind.”

“Is that all the pegasi do?” Sunset asked next.

“Well, you see, it's the breeze that activates the Breezies' magic, and that magic protects the pollen they're carrying from being destroyed,” Fluttershy continued with her passionate explanation, being the critter-lover that she is.

“I think I know where this is going,” Tempest out two and two together, “So, no breeze means no magic means the pollen goes bad?”

“Exactly,” Fluttershy answered happily, “And they only have two days to get that pollen back before the portal to their home closes. That's why it's ever-so-important that we help them make their way through Ponyville safely.”

“You really are an expert with breezies,” Sunset complimented.

“I went off to Western Equestria to study them,” Fluttershy chuckled, “It was the same day that Discord decided to crash Princess Cadance’s and Twilight’s day together. Speaking of Discord, I made a friend whilst on the trip, a wonderful pony named Tree Hugger.”

“Tree Hugger?” Trixie mused.

“Yes, she was my plus one at the Grand Galloping Gala and I invited her over visit Ponyville. Discord didn’t take it too well, thinking she was there to take me away. It got so bad at the Grand Galloping Gala that he brought a strange thing called the Smooze. It was all a plan to see that he was the better friend. However, Tree Hugger tamed the Smooze and Discord threatened to banish her to another dimension.

“Whoa,” Starlight shivered.

“I managed to stop him and teach him that just because I’m friends with a same hobbies as me, doesn’t mean that he’s not my friend anymore. It’s just that we have different interests and that doesn’t mean we are excluding some creature else,” Fluttershy smiled.

“Well, that’s a good friendship lesson to have,” Sunset smiled.

Just then, Rainbow Dash flew over to the group, whispering to Starlight’s ear. She perked up immediately, who signalled to the others that it was time. The R.U.G. quicky turned to the waiting audience.

“Every pony and creature, it is time. please welcome, the breezies!” Sunst announced quietly. At one, the group looked up, just in time for them to see them passing overhead. The R.U.G. gave a silent ‘aww’ at the sight.

“They are adorable,” Starlight took out some binoculars for the group to see them individually.

“Their pollen pouches are also adorable,” Trixie cooed. It was then a certain blue and black on with pink hair looked down and saw Fluttershy. She commanded to her group in breezie-tongue and slowly descended down. Fluttershy lit up when the breezie came closer, recognising immediately who it was. The lone breezie landed on the table and Fluttershy smile grew.

“Sea Breeze, it’s so good to see you again after such a long time,” Fluttershy whispered so not to disturb the air with her voice.

“And it is good to see you again, friend,” Sea Breeze smiled back. The group were quite confused, but they think that this might be a good friendship lesson opportunity and a chance to talk. Sunset used her magic to shrink a spare microphone down.

“Hello, there Sea Breeze, was it?” Sunset asked, which he nodded, “And may we ask how do you know Fluttershy?”

“I knew of her back during the last migration. We got separated from our group and Fluttershy took care of us, but for too long as I was worried about not being able to return home in time. I lashed out at her and my breezie friends and fled on my own,” Sea Breeze explained, which Fluttershy picked up.

“I managed to save her from a hive of bees, but I learnt that being too kind can actually not help in the long run. It broke my heart to having to let them go, but it was the right thing to do in order for them to get home in time before the portal closes,” Fluttershy wiped a tear that formed from her eye.

“And how did you do it?” Trixie asked with intrigue.

“There were too little of them to go, so Twilight casted a transformation spell, changing all of us into breezies and together, we got to see the Breezie Village,” Fluttershy answered with a smile, remembering the times.

“Well, it seems that you better join up, or you will get separated again. Thank you for the chat with us,” Starlight whispered to Sea Breeze, who nodded. Fluttershy with a gently flap of her wings, helped lift Sea Breeze up. Once back with the group, Sea Breeze looked down at Fluttershy and gave a final wave to the pegasus, who waved gently so not the disturb the breeze.

Soon, the group were nothing more than a speck in the sky. The crowd finally gave a loud cheer, thankful that there wasn’t any accidents like last time.

“Well, that’s the breezie migration summed up. Hope you enjoyed sharing the experience with us and that is all we have time for today,” Trixie thanked their listeners, “Hope to all see you again soon!”

PreviousChapters Next