• Published 17th Apr 2021
  • 4,968 Views, 702 Comments

Reformed Unicorn Group Podcast - Quoterific



Four former unicorn villains share some laughs and fun upon reflection about their past

  • ...
16
 702
 4,968

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 16- Spell Me This

"Trixie wants to learn a new spell!" Trixie declared, much to Starlight's chagrin.

"Remember the last time I taught you teleportation? You made Twilight's map disappear, and you didn't pay attention to what the books say."

"Trixie is tired of transfiguration," Trixie sighed as she levitated one of her smoke bombs from somewhere behind her and made it into a teacup, "Trixie wants to make it big. Plus, she has three unicorns to aid her. One of those unicorns happens to be Princess Celestia's former protégé." Sunset rolled her eyes at that.

Starlight turned to the others with a pleading look. Sunset and Tempest looked at each other, before sighing in resignation. It just depends on what Trixie wants to learn.

"Okay, Trixie," Sunset sighed, "We will help you." Trixie punched the air in triumph.

"What spell do you want to learn?" Tempest asked, hoping it was something not too impossible.

"Laser beams," Trixie replied in a second.

The others looked at each other with concern.

"Are you sure?" Sunset asked, "They are very advanced spells and-" Trixie cut her off.

"The Great and Powerful Trixie feels defenceless with only smoke bombs and tricks for defense," Trixie whined, "Trixie wants to defend herself and her friends, should the worst happen."

The others looked at each other, sighed and nodded. What Trixie wants, she will get. Hopefully a lesson will be learned today.

"I'll get a target," Starlight sighed. She teleported to the cupboard and found a large target stand for practice. Sunset went over to the bookshelf near to the studio table and got out the spell book. They had the shelf there to read when they were off air and or waiting for their cue.

"Okay," Starlight explained, "The first thing you must understand is that it is a heavy spell. You must have a strong magical reserve in you to create a concentrated beam. Secondly, you must have a strong position, or you will be knocked back by the force of the beam as well." Trixie took her position in front of the target.

"Focus and position, got it," Trixie ticked them off on her mental checklist.

"Your magic must come from a concentrated point," Sunset continued, "It's up to you how much power is in the blast. Your magic and mind must be in sync. No distractions, otherwise you will be off target or the concentration will be to weak or too strong." Trixie nodded and activated her magic, her pink aura surrounding her horn.

"Prepare to be amazed, fellow listeners, as Trixie tries her new spell and-"

"Focus!" Sunset groaned.

"Right," Trixie said, turning her attention to the target. Sparks flew as she concentrated her magic to a focal point. a ball of magic was starting to appear. The others quickly turned the table on its side and hid behind it.

"Laser spell, go!" Trixie declared, only to release a single flimsy beam that bound around the floor and disappeared with a soft puff of pink smoke. The other giggled at her first attempt.

"Remember," Tempest chuckled.

"That my mind and magic must be in sync," Trixie answered with a snooty posh accent, "Trixie understands."

She tried again, taking up a low stance. Her magic sparked once again as she prepared to shoot. Another ball was forming, which at that point Starlight decided to put up a shield.

"Do you think she will do it this time?" Sunset glanced at Trixie with reluctance.

"Trixie can be focused when she wants to be," Starlight explained.

"Let's make a bet," Tempest teased, "Loser has to buy dinner."

"I think she's going to get it," Starlight pondered, "She has the control and concentration this time."

"This isn't going to go well," Sunset sighed.

"I second that," Tempest agreed.

Trixie was ready to release the laser. She reared up and aimed at the target with as much force as she could muster. What happened next was the kind of chaos that would made Discord proud. Trixie's laser was too strong that Trixie lost her balance, causing the street performer to collide into the wall behind her. The laser beam missed the target by only a fraction and began a bouncing frenzy. The beam of magic hit the shelf, causing books to be scorched, shattered a vase and hit the lights. It finally ended when it hit Starlight's shield, the spell cancelling out with another puff of pink smoke.

Starlight disabled the shield and looked around the messy studio. The only thing that was standing was the target. She turned to her colleagues who were trying to hold back a laugh. Starlight groaned.

"I'll get my bit bag and treat you all," Starlight groaned. Both remaining unicorns lost it and gave a hearty laugh. Starlight ignored them and rushed over to the nearby wall, now with a pony-shaped hole in the middle.

"Trixie? You okay?" Starlight called. Trixie emerged from the rubble, covered in smoke and a dazed look in her eyes.

"Behold! The Great and Powerful Trixie!" She dizzily proclaimed before collapsing to the ground. Starlight facehoofed. This was the missing map incident all over again.

"I'm too annoyed to do anything right now," Starlight groaned, "Trixie got herself into this one, as well as me." She turned to others with a bit bag in her magic.

"Who's up for hayburgers and fries? Twilight has a big thing for them. Ask the Cutie Mark Crusaders."

"Count me in," Tempest licked her lips.

"Long time since I had pony food," Sunset mused.

"The Great and Powerful Trixie invites you to..." Trixie trailed off whilst waving her hooves.

"Is she?" Tempest asked.

"Sleep-talking? Yes," Starlight said, levitating her friend into a chair that she stood up, "Best not to be in the same cart or room with her. Learnt that the hard way."

The others just nodded and went out for hayburgers and fries.

PreviousChapters Next