• Published 17th Apr 2021
  • 4,968 Views, 702 Comments

Reformed Unicorn Group Podcast - Quoterific



Four former unicorn villains share some laughs and fun upon reflection about their past

  • ...
16
 702
 4,968

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 63- You've Read My Mind

"Sunset has brought along with her, her special geode so that she can show us her special powers!" Trixie squeed in excitement, causing the roll her eyes.

"It's nothing special really," Sunset smiled as she put on her geode around her neck, "I acquired it during a school camping trip called Camp Everfree. Somehow, Equestrian magic went loose again, creating these geodes, which me and my friends all bear. It controls our power and helps us all 'pony-up'," Sunset explained with an inverted hooves gesture.

"Why are you showing it to us now?"

"Well it was either that or another of Trixie's bad tricks," Sunset noted.

"You dare offend the Great and Powerful Trixie?" Trixie huffed.

"Wouldn't dare it at all," Sunset bowed, "And also I don't bring it with me in case I lose it in the studio or Equestria. My friends from Canterlot High looks after it for me, and if there was a crisis, they would write me a message from their book and it would get sent into mine. I will just rush back to the mirror where they will hand it over to me."

"So remind us, what is your special power?" Tempest looked at the geode in interest.

"I have the ability to touch someone, or somepony, and I can see what they are thinking," Sunset explained simply, without boring Trixie with magical technical words.

"So, it's telepathy?" Trixie asked, causing heads to turn in her direction.

"How do you know that word?" Tempest quirked an eyebrow.

"Just because the Great and Power Trixie can do basic tricks doesn't mean I'm totally stupid," Trixie huffed, rolling her Rs again at her name.

"Well," Sunset tried to move on, "Telepathy is more to do with communication by the mind and being able to respond. Mine is called empathy, which is the ability to know how one feels."

"That's, kinda confusing," Trixie muttered.

"Right then," Sunset began, "Who wants to go-" She was interrupted when Trixie grabbed a hoof and yanked it to her forehead. Sunset's eyes began to glow white as she began to hear Trixie's inner thoughts.

Trixie is great! Trixie is powerful! Trixie invites you all to she how amazing she is at everything thing!

Sunset immediately retracted her hoof, losing contact and her eyes blinked back to normal. She gave a small shiver, causing confused faces from the Starlight and Tempest to be directed to her.

"Do you seriously think about being Great and Powerful all the rime," Sunset gave a deadpanned look and tone.

"Indeed. I keep telling myself that, so that everypony can know how Great and Powerful I truly am!" Sunset sighed. It was just like what she heard CHS Trixie say when Rainbow Dash overused her powers.

"Don't worry about it," Starlight comforted Sunset with a hoof, "You should hear her when she sleep-talks. I caught her saying that she wanted to perform for Princess Celestia and peanut butter crackers for some reason. And then were was our first long Roadtrip to Saddle Arabia."

"You can talk Miss Snores-A-Lot," Trixie glared at Starlight, who threw her hooves up in a submissive mocking manner.

"Tempest, would you like a go?" Sunset asked Tempest, who shrugged and reached a hoof to her tentatively. Sunset reached out to take a hold of it.

Am I truly forgiven for my actions? Do the others see me just in sympathy because of my broken horn and past? How can I go on from there if it's all just fake friendship?

"Tempest, everypony here, as well as Twilight and her friends, forgive. They forgive you for real. And you don't have to feel left out," Sunset comforted with a hug, "We're all here for you no matter what." The other's joined in. Tempest just smiled as a tear left her eyes.

"I guess that I'm finally up," Starlight smiled as they broke the comfort hug. She gave a hoof and said, "Go head." Sunset leaned over and touched her hoof. Her eyes glowed white again.

Can I really ask Sunburst out? Is he really into me, or just my imagination? I mean, we have known each other since we were foals, but can I ask if we can take it as a next step?

Sunset let go of contact, giving Starlight a smirk. It was the kind of smirk that just screams, I now have possession of your soul.

"My, my Starlight. I knew you were into Starburst, but I didn't know it would be that far." Starlight's face went a brilliant red like Applejack's apples. Tempest and Trixie looked confused confused before their eyes lit up when they put two and two together.

"I knew it! I just knew it when Cadance showed up!" Trixie danced in her seat.

"'Bout time as well," Tempest snickered, "You are just made for each other!" The others were surprised that Tempest would go that far. Starlight was scrambling for the microphone.

"We-we're gonna take a break from here, everypony," Starlight stuttered before pressing the air button off.

"Aww," Trixie sighed, "You're no fun. But during this break, you're going to tell us everything!"

"Celestia, send me to the moon," Starlight cursed.

Author's Note:

Sorry it's been two days. End of university year exams are a killer and so I had to prioritise. Hope you enjoy it as I'm done for uni for the year

PreviousChapters Next