• Published 17th Apr 2021
  • 4,981 Views, 702 Comments

Reformed Unicorn Group Podcast - Quoterific



Four former unicorn villains share some laughs and fun upon reflection about their past

  • ...
16
 702
 4,981

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 107- It's A Wrap Pt.14

“During the many days of sports seen across Manehattan, we have seen many things and gave out many medals for the winning cities of Equestria, and kingdoms from kingdom. We welcomed new kingdoms and lands to our Games and watched them succeed in many of the sports,” Tempest opened up, “But like all good things, they must come to an end. Welcome back to Manehattan one last time as you join all of us for the closing ceremony of the Equestria Games.”

“Congratulations to the athletes for claiming a medal, but to even compete in these Games is an achievement in itself,” Sunset continued, “And so, Luna’s moon reigns high in the sky as we look down towards the stadium for the very last time.” The lights around the stadium began to fade as the countdown to the closing ceremony began.

“We first welcome our athletes to the centre of the arena for a big get-together,” Starlight watched from their booth, “In they come with their flags waving and big smiles on their faces. Some have their medals around their necks as they make their way to the centre of the stadium.”

“And now the scene around them changes as the stadium turns into a mini version of the big city once again, the hustle and bustle of Manehattan displayed all around them,” Trixie carried on, “And now a parade is happening as a carnival makes its way around the athletes. They are dancing along to the music and every creature far and wide are clearing enjoying the atmosphere. The city is thanking the athletes for taking part in the Games, for showing the true sporting spirit of the Games.”

“And now the carnival leaves as we watch the lowering of the flags of Manehattan and the Games for the handing over ceremony,” Tempest turned her co-hosts attention to the upper-centre of the arena, “It was decided that a kingdom should host the Games, it was happily announced that Mount Aris will be the next host of the Games, with accessible train rides to the land of the hippogriffs. We now have the mayor of Manehattan and Queen Novo and Princess Skystar on the stage as they begin the transfer of the Games.”

“The flags are being lowered right now as and both mayor and royalty hold out their flags as a sign of unity and hope for more success at the next Games. A big cheer can be heard around the stadium as the crowd reflects on that, on the unity and friendship that sports can bring to those far and wide,” Sunset nodded in agreement. Both mayor and royalty shook hooves and claws before exiting the stage.

“Onto the representation of Mount Aris now,” Starlight enthusiastically announced, “We are seeing a little bit of seapony and hippogriff culture as the landscape around the stadium and athletes turn into water and the peak of Mount Aris. Storm clouds gather, announcing the arrival of the Storm King. A big puppet of him arriving and announcing his presence. The hippogriffs now are forces to flee to the waters, becoming seaponies and creating the new underwater kingdom of Sequestria.”

“But now the Storm King has been defeated and the skies and clear. Hope returns to the mountain and the hippogriffs can return to the air once again,” Trixie observed, “They can start rebuilding Mount Aris to its former glory and focus on identifying themselves what it means to be a hippogriff in this modern age of peace and hope.”

“And so we will see the next Equestria Games in Mount Aris, as a flag is unveiled saying that they are looking forward to seeing every athlete back,” Sunset watched on, “And now it’s time for the final two acts of the closing ceremony, the extinguishing of the Equestria Games Cauldron and the final fireworks show, like what they did in the Crystal Empire.”

“Onto the extinguishing of the cauldron now,” Tempest continued, “The cauldron is being lowered and the athletes and audience watch as the flame becomes smaller and smaller until it’s no more. I little bit of history about the flame, apart from Spike or Twilight’s magic helping out, the flame comes from a ceremony at Canterlot Castle, where Princess Celestia focuses the sun’s rays to torch with her solar magic. It’s quite a spectacle to watch.”

“And now for the final piece of the closing ceremony, the fireworks display,” Starlight rounded up the event, “They are made in the colours of the flags of the different kingdoms and are being lighted right now.” The fireworks went off in spectacular fashion, exploding around the stadium in a variety of colours. The athletes, crowd and R.U.G. cheered as the fireworks died down until it was just Luna’s night sky and moon, the stars shining down from above.

“Thank you Manehattan for an amazing Games that we will never forget, and we will see you all again at Mount Aris. From the R.U.G, with partnership from Good Morning Equestria, we hope you have enjoyed our coverage of the Games,” Tempest thanked.

“We hope these Games have inspired you to try something new, or push yourself further than you could ever imagined to go,” Sunset continued on.

“However, we will be back in our main studio for more talks and chat,” Trixie said.

“But from all of us, live from Manehattan, it’s goodbye and a big thank you for tuning in with us,” Starlight concluded as the Equestria Games was officially announced to be over.

Next stop: Mount Aris.

Author's Note:

Thank you Tokyo for an amazing Olympics despite the current situation.

Looking forward to Paris 2024

PreviousChapters Next