• Published 17th Apr 2021
  • 4,982 Views, 702 Comments

Reformed Unicorn Group Podcast - Quoterific



Four former unicorn villains share some laughs and fun upon reflection about their past

  • ...
16
 702
 4,982

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 32- Parenthood 101

"Please welcome from all the way from the Crystal Empire, Princess Cadance and Shining Armor, along with their daughter Flurry Heart!" Sunset introduced.

"It's a pleasure to be here," Cadance said warmly, "After hearing about your show from Twilight and Luna, we just had to go on and talk about raising a child like Flurry." She patted her child on the head, causing Flurry to giggle.

"And what was it like being parents to an alicorn like Flurry?" Starlight asked. Both parents looked at each other before laughing.

"Nothing can prepare you for parenthood. Books may help, and Twilight during the pregnancy gave us lots of books on parenting to help us," Shining rolled his eyes at Twilight's persistence on them to read the books.

"Definitely sounds like Twilight there," Starlight giggled.

"However," Cadance smoothly took over, "Books can only go so far. It is the experience that makes it something of a challenge, and there wasn't even any books to help a baby alicorn. It caused us many sleepless nights to get her under control."

"Do you have any doubts?" Tempest asks.

"All the time," Shining chuckled, "Every parent goes through doubts on whether they can take on being a good parent. Flurry's magic bursts sure had us running for our bits. Luckily Sunburst managed to curve Flurry's magic surges. Believe me, you don't want to be in the way of a magical laser in the face. I learnt that the hard way when leaning down to give her a kiss."

"Yikes," Trixie snickered.

"Who knew lasers tasty spicy," Shining muttered, causing Cadance to smack him with a wing.

"However," Cadance went on, "The best thing with parenting is watching your child grow up into who they were meant to be. Each spell she has learnt is a stepping stone, but a big victory for us. Sunburst again has been a big help as her crystaller."

"Proud boyfriend, eh?" Trixie nudged Starlight, who glared at her with a blush.

"So that was this strange love energy that I've been feeling in the room," Cadance smirked at Starlight, who sank deeper into her seat. The others unicorns, except Shining, turned to her with knowing looks.

"I sense a love that started long ago," Cadance muttered, her horn lighting up, "Possibly during foalhood, perhaps?"

"She and Sunburst were friends during foalhood," Trixie smiled, causing Starlight to glare at her friend with an even deeper blush, "They did everything together, from learning magic and playing their favourite game, Dragon Pit."

"Is that so?" Cadance raised a brow, "I think they will be great parents then."

"WHAT?!" Starlight spluttered, causing Sunset, Tempest and Trixie to burst out laughing.

"Cadance," Shining nudged his wife, "I think that's enough teasing for Starlight. We are here to talk about parenthood, not start a love conversation. It's not even Hearts and Hooves day yet."

"You cannot deny the power of love, Shining," Cadance pouted mockingly, "I mean look where we are with this little bundle of joy. Aren't you a sweet force of destruction, Flurry. Yes you are. Yes you are!" Cadance went into full mother mood as she tickled Flurry's tummy, causing her to laugh.

However, her horn began to spark as magic began to rush to her horn.

"Shining, did you remember to use Sunburst's spell to control Flurry's fluctuations?" Cadance hesitated.

"I thought you were doing it before you got here," Shining hissed. Flurry was going to sneeze a big magical sneeze

"EVERYPONY TAKE COVER!" They warned. Everypony got under the desk, just in time for the baby to let off one of her infamous magical sneezes. A cloud of smoke engulfed the room, causing everypony to cough with tears in their eyes.

Once, the crisis was over everypony got off to see the damage. A large hole had been created in the ceiling. A pony looked back down from them with a singed mane.

"I think we will leave it there whilst we clean up this mess," Tempest gagped.

"Parenthood is a team effort," Shining muttered, which Cadance nodded silently.

Another round of silence.

"I'm not paying for that," Trixie crossed her arms, "This is DJ PON-3's and Octavia's studio we are using. Think of the looks on their faces when they see that."

"I think we can help with that," Cadance sighed.

PreviousChapters Next