• Published 17th Apr 2021
  • 4,969 Views, 702 Comments

Reformed Unicorn Group Podcast - Quoterific



Four former unicorn villains share some laughs and fun upon reflection about their past

  • ...
16
 702
 4,969

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 33- Keeping In Touch

"So, Sunburst welcome to the show to talk about friendship and keeping in touch," Starlight welcomed her foalhood friend to the show, "Glad you are able to find the time to join us."

"Glad to be here with all of you. As I said to Starlight, with Flurry growing up, I have a lot more free time on my hooves, so being on the show is no problem to the schedule," Sunburst waved at her, "Besides, it's good to meet old friends and get to make new ones together."

"So you two were foalhood friends?" Tempest asked with interest.

"Yes we were," Starlight answered, "We did everything together."

"Learnt new spells, played board games and everything in-between," Sunburst listed before turning a sad face, "Then I got my cutie mark and with my thirst and excitement of learning new magic, my mum wanted me to take the entrance exam for Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns. I passed, but learning and actual doing magic was totally different and I unfortunately flunked out of magic school."

"I was hard and bitter after Sunburst left, thinking something as simple as a cutie mark took my friend away. I left to find a way where nothing can take away the friends I have. You know the rest," Starlight sighed with splayed ears. Sunburst gave a comforting pat.

"You set of a village to remove everyponies cutie marks, but Twilight and her friends stopped you. So to get back at Twilight, to went back in time to interfere with the Sonic Rainboom that united the destinies of her friends, but Twilight helped you start anew with accepting you in friendship," Trixie rambled on. Everypony looked at her with disapproving looks.

"What?" Trixie said, "Trixie's just telling the facts." Everypony rolled their eyes.

"Anyway," Starlight huffed, "It was Twilight who found out where Sunburst went after all those years. It was an awkward reunion to say the least, with Twilight listing what to do at certain scenarios."

"Definitely sounds like Twilight there," Sunset chuckled, "I'm guessing Spike was there."

"You guessed it, but it helped out when we shared our troubles and what happened when we were gone from each other's lives," Starlight said.

"Starlight gave me the encouragement to help fix the Crystal Heart when Flurry destroyed it and-" Sunburst carried on, but was interrupted by Tempest.

"Wait! Flurry destroyed the Crystal Heart? The Crystal Heart," Tempest said with shock, "That little bundle of cuteness that blew a hole in the studio destroyed a millennia-old magical artefact?"

"Believe me, I was just as surprised," Sunburst laughed, as did Starlight, "But we fixed everything and saved the Crystal Empire from becoming a winter wasteland."

"When we were arrived at the train station, we made up our mistakes and promised to keep in touch when we can. After all we've been through, there's nothing like coming back and making up with lost time while apart," Starlight smiled fondly.

"We kept in touch ever since, like when I met you, along with Maud in Ponyville. It helped me and Starlight learn that even though we have different interests with other ponies, doesn't mean we aren't friends anymore. We even played live Dragon Pit," Sunburst carried on their story.

"Then came the the challenge of reconnecting with another part of our lives," Starlight chuckled wryly, "Our parents were a bit on the clingy and embarrassing side. My dad was also treating me like a foal, whilst Sunburst's mum was always wanting. It took us a while to figure out our friendship mission, but it was a problem that was with us the whole time." Starlight paused to let Sunburst continue the story.

"Starlight's dad just wanted her to feel safe and somepony to come back to. Starlight told her that she messed up and now is learning from her past. I told my mum that I wasn't lost anymore, and that I have found a purpose now and working hard to reach more goals," Sunburst continued on.

"Well, you two have come a long way. Once apart, but now reunited on the same road," Sunset smiled.

"Well creatures, that is our time for the day. A big thank you once again to Sunburst for coming onto our show, and we hope to see you all again soon," Tempest rounded off.

"No fair, I wanted to know if they like each other more than friends," Trixie huffed. Starlight and Sunburst looked at each other with blushes on their faces.

"No comment!" Starlight shouted before quickly pressing the air button to end what would have been a very awkward conversation between them and all the others in the room.

PreviousChapters Next