• Published 7th Jan 2021
  • 11,166 Views, 7,094 Comments

Spike the Fairy - PonyJoel

  • ...
55
 7,094
 11,166

PreviousChapters Next
Discord's Reflection

Discord is on his porch drinking a tub of chocolate milk, reflecting on the sins of his life and some decisions he made. Despite hearing news about the rising of Grogar, Discord couldn't help but think back to two years ago.

Discord heard Spike's distressing and disturbing story and then sent him to his homeland, Earth Land. He impersonated Spike and fooled the masses, including Twilight Sparkle, who later became Midnight Sparkle. Discord groans angrily at the mere mention of Midnight Sparkle as he's reflecting.

"Something troubling you, Draqonecuus?" Princess Luna appears next to Discord.

"Luna?" Discord does a doubletake by Princess Luna's sudden arrival.

"You are asleep and seem afflicted, Discord. So, what troubles you?"

Discord tosses the tub of chocolate milk away. "I'm just..," Discord sighs deeply. "I'm reflecting on my actions, Luna. Did I do the right thing?"

Princess Luna is perplexed by Discord's statement and question. "Uh, explain thoroughly, Discord."

"My impersonation as Spike and fooling everyone. My critical thinking led Twilight astray due to Cozy Glow's dark days. My refusal to take her to see Spike with the others for a proper farewell."

Princess Luna hears Discord explains all of his actions, including the times he got Twilight and the others in a load of trouble. The time he purposely spewed blood and told Princess Celestia, furthering Twilight's punishment. Discord spends an hour explaining his time as a teacher in the School of Friendship, reminding Twilight and her friends of all the trauma as an excuse to scold them further.

"Discord, you need to let go of the past to heal properly," Princess Luna commands with a level of concern. She's worried about Discord's well-being.

"My actions led to Twilight exterminating thousands of creatures for her lust to correct everything. To recreate a world in her image because I withheld the truth from her."

"Well, from what I know, your actions led to a better Equestria. A United Equestria. Your decisions allowed Spike to live a happy life. I have never seen clones of you helping every nation we have peace. Your actions are justified. I don't want to imagine a world where Spike commits suicide to escape the enslavement. An all-out war between other nations against Equestria once or if they figured out what led to Spike's suicide in that world."

"Devastation and ruin will all be left if that were to happen," Discord uses his dreams to change the scenery and create a what-if scenario. The horrors displayed are awful and mesmerized that the Dragons, Changelings, Griffons, Yaks, and every pony annihilate each other, creating nothing but a wasteland that stretches the far reaches of Equus.

"Not even the Storm Nation gets spared," Princess Luna sees all creatures that inhabit Equus get wiped out due to a spell conjured by all the Alicorns and forcing the usage of the Crystal Heart and the Elements of Harmony.

"No way..," Discord refuses to accept this what-if. He tries a different what-if in his dreams. After a hundred tries, it all leads to cataclysmic havoc, no life after the war in Equus.

"Wait, what about..?" Princess Luna notices something else within the what-ifs. The human realm gets obliterated by the other Sunset Shimmer and the Changeling project; Only a few survivors are fighting the apocalypse.

"No way..," Discord has forgotten about the other realm Sunset Shimmer ran to, that his decision saved Sunset Twilight (Sci-Twi) and Spike (Dog) from death.

"Discord, can you see what's happening in the other realm now?" Princess Luna asks, worried about the other people in that world.

"When I destroyed the mirror a year ago, I'm no longer tethered to that world. I felt it the moment I used my magic to disintegrate it."

"Oooooh," Princess Luna shakes her head. She hopes that whoever survives can find happiness in the end.

Discord sighs and lowers his head in silence. Princess Luna decides she'll sit with Discord, extending her time in the dream realms for him. Sometimes in life, the best way to comfort someone is to show that you're there. Words may not be enough, but action will.

Princess sat with Discord for two hours. Neither speaking a word. Discord inhales and smiles.

"Thank you for your time, Luna. I need this moment to release my emotions."

"You're welcome, Discord," Princess Luna smiles at Discord, slightly blushing.

Discord rubs the back of his head, trying to come up with other words to say. He looks at Princess Luna and remembers the memories he shared with her, even before turning to stone for the first time. His conscience is telling him to lean forward. Discord leans forward, unsure what he's doing, and Princess Luna does the same. Discord and Princess Luna kiss each other for the first time. Though it may be a dream, for them, it's a reality, their reality. After the kiss, Discord blushes immensely, realizing he kissed Princess Luna. Princess Luna smiles at Discord, tilting her head.

"That was more real than anything I've been through," Princess Luna kisses Discord's cheek and leaves the dream realm.

Discord wakes up on the couch with the tv on and feels the side of his cheek. "Still warm," Discord looks to his right and sees a blue vortex manifesting. Out comes Princess Luna. "Princess Luna?"

"Who else would it be?" Princess Luna trots to Discord's couch and sits with him. "I have the day to myself. I wonder if you would like some company."

"I would love that," Discord nuzzles Princess Luna.

"So, what were you watching?" Princess Luna is curious to see what Discord watched.

Discord rewinds the footage, revealing he fell asleep watching Spike the Fairy competing during the Grand Magic Games. "Oh, I guess I binge-watched the memories again."

"Sounds like fun."

"I better skip," Princess Luna extends her hoof to stop Discord from fast-forwarding the memory. "Luna?"

"You need to watch Midnight's slow descent. It wasn't you that manipulated her into using the memory erase spell or going to Tartaros, right?"

"No!" Discord frantically shakes his head and waves his arms. "That was on her accord. I stood by and watched."

"Then, rewatch it with me. You've reflected on the bad. Now, it's time for the good."

"Okay," Discord presses play and continues watching the memory with Princess Luna.

PreviousChapters Next