• Published 7th Jan 2021
  • 11,108 Views, 7,093 Comments

Spike the Fairy - PonyJoel

  • ...
55
 7,093
 11,108

PreviousChapters Next
Ajax

It's been a few days since Ajax copied Spike's body and took off. Spike is still unconscious from Ajax's overwhelming power. He's in the infirmary's bed. The protection that Fairy Rage gave him right before sacrificing his life was not strong enough to repel Ajax's presence. It's a rainy day in Magnolia as most of the guild is out due to their daily lives as Fairy Tail Wizards.

There haven't been any sightings and reports of Ajax or the Preying Mantis Guild. No news from the Magic Council and elsewhere since the Onibus attack. All guilds in Fiore are on the watch for any sighting since.

Irene walks into the infirmary with her cup of coffee. She sees Wendy still sitting by Spike's side, hoping to see him wake up from the coma Ajax put him through. Dried-up tears are visible on Wendy's cheek as she remains motionless.

"Wendy," Irene calls her, but she gets no response. Irene gets flashbacks of when she took Wendy's body and mocked Spike for not loving him. Irene understands how much Wendy loves Spike and regrets toying with his emotions. "Wendy," Irene calls again, coming closer to her.

Wendy sighs. She rubs Spike's head and whispers in his ear, telling him to find her, that she's waiting for him at the end of his deep dream.

Natsu, Happy, Gray, Erza, Lucy, Carla, Fairy Rage, and Master Makarov enters the infirmary. They are checking to see if Spike is about to wake up.

"Any luck?" Lucy asks. She and the others are hopeful and concerned about Spike's life.

"Yea? How much longer are we going to wait!" Natsu pounds his fist impatiently.

Irene looks at Spike and then at Erza's friends. She takes a sip of her coffee. "Could be any day or another week. Ajax was in control of Spike's body for a while. Whenever a demon possesses someone, it takes time to snap back to normal. At times it's instantaneously, and other times, it's a gradual process."

"So, can Gray's magic hurt the demon? Him being a Demon Slayer and all?" Happy asks Irene.

"Possibly. However, I've never seen a Demon Slayer enact their prowess upon a demon. I've seen Holy Knights decimating a legion before Ajax fled. I know that Sting's magic is similar to Larcade's. He will be a huge asset in terminating Ajax."

"How do you know, Ajax, Irene? You didn't say enough details about him," Carla said. She's in her humanoid cat form, standing next to Fairy Rage.

Irene grabs a chair to sit on. She takes another sip of her coffee. "Ajax is a fallen angel of long ago. His real name before picking up an annotation in Earth Land is Zaronos. Zaronos is a demon of wrath and carnage with the sole purpose. To dominate the will of all life on Earth Land and crush any resistance with an iron fist."

"Sounds like Gajeel when he worked for the Rune Knights," Natsu laughs at his pun.

"I heard that, Salamander!" Gajeel said from the mess hall. He's pissed that Natsu compared him to Ajax.

"Hope you can eat a knuckle-iron sandwich, Natsu," Happy giggles a bit.

"Hope that butler suit is more humiliating when Carla and Rage go on their first date together," Natsu painfully reminds Happy about his other punishment.

"Aw, man," Happy said in tears. He's not looking forward to that day.

"Can it! I want to hear what else my mom has to say!" Erza shouts, causing Happy and Natsu to hold each other in fear.

"Sorry, Ma'am!" Natsu and Happy shout in response.

Irene rolls her eyes. "Fifteen years ago, Ajax formed his legion using dark wizards that practiced witchcraft, dark magic, and blood magic. He became an idol for fools who want to live in a world full of destruction, desolation, and misery. Ajax attempted a coup on the Alvarez Empire. It was a bloodbath from start to finish. Innocent lives were lost, and at the time, the Spriggan 12 was not as powerful as we were before the war between Alvarez and Fiore. Ajax dominated Bloodman, nearly corrupting his mind, Ajeel, Brandish, and Jacob. His legion took down most of our armies within the days."

"How long did the conflict last?" Lucy asks Irene. Judging from the story, Ajax freaked Lucy out of everyone in the room.

"Six days. Larcade and I battled Ajax when he attempted to siege control over Zeref's body. He was close to succeeding in his objective cause if he copied Zeref's magic and body, no one would be able to stop him."

"Since he didn't. How will we stop him now that he has a copy of Spike's power and body?" Happy asks.

"Was anyone paying attention when Sting attacked him?" Irene responds with another question, hoping someone will answer the question besides Makarov.

"Ajax is now a demonic dragon. Being a dragon has one glaring weakness. Only another dragon or Dragon Slayers can hurt him physically."

"Yes! I'm the man to slay the Demon Dragon!" Natsu shouts in glee.

"No one can stop Ajax on their own. Work as a team to subdue him. It's the only way," Irene states, finishing her coffee.

"Which is a problem, Natsu," Gray said. "Spike can turn into a Fairy Demon Dragon. Now Ajax has that ability, and you should know the full capabilities of that transformation's fury."

"Ah, crud. I forgot about that. It's been a while since we saw Spike transformed into Fairy Demon Dragon."

"He transformed when I took Wendy's body using an enchantment," Irene painfully reminds her actions when she fought her daughter, son, and Wendy.

"Can't your enchantment-" Irene interrupts Makarov's question.

"My spell allowed me to switch the soul of someone out of their body. Ajax didn't use that spell. My enchantment has no effect, Master Makarov."

Master Makarov sighs deeply. "I was afraid you would say that."

"So, how did Ajax get into that red saber during the play?" Happy asks.

"Could be a number of possibilities, Happy. When I wasn't in character, I would help set up the scenes for the next act using my magic. Initially, I placed the green katana blade inside the safe. An outsider could have sneaked their way and switched the props undetectably. A follower of Ajax could have done it. Or maybe the Preying Mantis Guild snuck in and sabotaged us."

"After Ajax's defeat, Zeref confined him in a black sphere to suffer for all eternity. Well, Zeref isn't with us anymore. That meant Ajax tasted freedom for the first time. I assume he's consumed magic elsewhere to reestablish his formidable power," Irene gets up to check on Spike.

"Trapped?" Lucy said in shock.

"This is bad," Gray and Natsu are stunned by the revelation.

"Zeref passed a few weeks ago, and Ajax is now this powerful?" Erza is dazed at how quickly Ajax regained his power and then some.

"How long since Zeref died, Natsu?" Happy asks him.

"Tomorrow will be a month since the Dragon King Festival ended, buddy," Natsu replies.

"Less than a month, and Ajax is that powerful. That's scary," Carla said.

"Quite the quandary. With Zeref cults disbanded, Ajax can establish another legion, willing to follow his every command." Fairy Rage said, which worried everyone in the room now.

"I must speak of this to the Magic Council. Irene, you are in charge until I return," Master Makarov leaves the infirmary.

"Understood, Master," Irene complies. She stands up. "I want each of you to train hard for the next few days. Anything can happen in a blink of an eye."

"Yes, mother," Erza grabs Natsu and Gray's collars, leaving the room.

"HEY!" Natsu and Gray didn't like being forced out of the room. "You didn't need to grab us like this!"

"Might as well inform the rest of the guild," Lucy said.

"Aye," Happy concurs. He follows Lucy out of the infirmary.

"I'm staying here to keep watch of my brother." Fairy Rage grabs a chair and carries it to the other side of Spike's bed.

"I'm staying with the two of them," Carla transforms into her Exceed form. She lands on Wendy's lap, hoping she'll hold her.

Wendy heard everything Irene said and remained silent. She grabs Carla, wrapping her arms around her while staring at Spike. Wendy sniffs and becomes sad that Spike hasn't woken up. She wants him to snap out of his coma so she can hold him.

Irene gets up and leaves the infirmary. She'll check on Spike later.

PreviousChapters Next