• Published 7th Jan 2021
  • 11,038 Views, 7,083 Comments

Spike the Fairy - PonyJoel

  • ...
55
 7,083
 11,038

PreviousChapters Next
Spike Wakes Up

Spike wakes up screaming after his nightmare ends. He pants and sweats from the horrific dream. Then he looks around for any one of his friends. "Wendy? Natsu? Rage? Mom? Lucy? Sis? Anybody!?" Spike screams, trying to see if anyone notices him. He gets out of bed and falls off. "Ow," Spike landed on his tail and got a bruise. "Oh, c'mon," Spike breathes through his nose and covers it quickly. "Ack, that's rancid! What is that odor?"

Spike hears a loud crash that comes from outside. He runs up to the window and screams in fright. Outside the room are bodies with blood, hanging organs, and volcanoes erupting. There's fire and lava on the streets and reddish-black skies, clouds raining acid, destroying the landscape and green pastures.

"What happened?!" Spike screams, grabbing the back of his head. Spike flies out of the infirmary to see the mess hall in shambles. Spike's friends are on the floor, some eyeless, some with flesh ripped apart, and some clothes on, revealing the skeletons. Debris is everywhere, with burnt markings and bloodstains covering them.

"This can't be happening! Nononononononononononono!" Spike falls to his knees and cries loudly. "THIS IS NOT REAL!" Spike sees a sword by the bar and flies to it. He gasps with tears burning his eyes. Erza is missing half of her body. All that remains is her upper armor, dried blood, and drool stains on the counter. Her skeletal hand is wielding the weapon. Spike's claw trembles, vigorously quaking while trying to grab the sword. When he pulls it away, Erza's skeleton falls over. "Ah!" Spike stumbles back. He trips on a scarf. "Natsu.., no..," Spike picks up Natsu's scarf and sees his remains. His sandals, and holding onto what appears to be remains of Happy. Only the green scarf and head of Happy are visible.

Spike uses Erza's sword to pierce his arm, hoping all he sees is fictional. "AAAAH!" Spike drops the sword and knows the pain is real. "How long was I out..?" Spike is breathless with the possibility of being out cold for centuries, maybe?

Spike notices that not all Fairy Tail Wizards are in the guildhall. He sees a newspaper on the floor to read the date. "July 3rd. Graaaaah!" The year of the newspaper is illegible to read.

After a while, Spike flies out of the guildhall. All of Magnolia is now a wasteland. No signs of life anywhere. "Ring of Defense!" Spike hears a clicking in his head. His magic still works. "Gotta find help!" Spike flies out of Magnolia, not wanting to look back and see the disfigured faces and dissembled body parts.

It's been four hours since Spike departed Magnolia. Everywhere is the same results as Magnolia. Lifeless, carnage, ravage, despoil. Streams of blood flood the streets of every town he passes. Trees are on fire, buildings are in ruins, and smoke is everywhere. Spike lands in Margaret Town. He hopes to find some survivors of the Lamia Scale Guild in their guildhall.

"Please, let me find someone. Anyone will be valuable," Spike looks up as he's asking God to answer his prayer. Spike enters the guildhall to find no one lying in ruins. "Well, better than death, I supposed," Spike sighs. Then he searches for clues about any incoming attack from the enemy that desecrated Earth Land. "Nothing. The dates are smudged."

Spike uses his fire breath to teleport to the Sabertooth guildhall. When he arrives, no one is there. Spike searches to find any information about the attack that took place. Once again, he finds nothing. The cycle repeats; in every location that Spike placed a flare marking on, he finds nothing and wonders why there is no one here. Then it struck him. "The Grand Magic Games!" Spike flies out of Mermaid Heel's guildhall to Crocus. Spike imagines Irene, Fairy Rage, Laxus, Gajeel, and Mirajane as participants in team Fairy Tail. Carla would be with Rage for support. Wendy would come along for a day or two. He imagines once word came about Spike's awakening, Fairy Rage would use his fire breath to teleport Wendy to Spike instantly.

An hour later, after flying swiftly, Spike sees Crocus demolished. Fire blazing every house and every corner of Crocus. Half of Mercurius stands with black smoke rising. Spike inhales and rushes to the coliseum. Many people are in pools of blood, limbs torn apart. Not even the younglings get spared from the slaughter. Their resting place is in the arms of their mothers and fathers and brothers and sisters. It made Spike vomit on the way to the arena.

Spike teleports to the suite where Fairy Tail Team B resided during the Grand Magic Games. "HOLY SHIIIIIIT!" Spike hysterically screams at the pile of bodies mounted. There is no flesh. Only bones. He flies to see many of his other friends part of the mountain. He starts to hyperventilate after seeing a dragon skeleton that resembles himself. "RAGE NOOOOOOOO!" Next to Rage's body is Carla's humanoid cat carcass. Then Lucy, Gray, Lisanna, Elfman, Sherria, Lyon, Kagura, Sting, Rogue, and many bodies start falling off the mountain pile once Spike removes Rage's body. "WENDY! WHERE ARE Y-" Spike stumbles back and sees the remains of Wendy. "nooooo..."

Spike steps back to pull Wendy's corpse. She's wearing her green dragon scales dress with three color wavy stripes of blue, green, and light yellow running across the dress. He holds Wendy tightly, ignoring the fact that she's a corpse. "I'm here.., I'm here.., I'm sorry.., I'm sorry for being late..!" Spike cries uncontrollably. "I'll find the bastard that slew you all!" Spike's speech jitters as he cries his eyes out. He rocks Wendy's body back and forth, not wanting to let go.

What felt like an eternity lasted for a few minutes at best. Spike feels tremors, walking to the center of the arena. He turns to see the thing that possessed him, a dragon with two horns on his head and one under his chin. He has red scales and white spikes. Instead of two eyes, there is a third in the center. The eyes are yellow. On the chest of the dragon, there is a devil's pentagram.

"You!" Spike growls. He softly lay Wendy's corpse on the ground. Using his newfound hatred, he taps into Fairy Demon Dragon.

The demonic dragon smiles at him. "Thank you. Thank you for giving me the keys to victory. Thank you for being their demise!" He laughs sadistically, devilishly, and barbarically.

"You'll pay for this!" Spike flies after the demon that corrupted him.

"My name is Zaronos. Oblivion awaits you!" Zaronos extends his claw and unleashes a wave of Blistering Abaddon Heat.

Spike couldn't devour the energy. He hears the screams, shrieks, wails, and outcries of those that couldn't oppose Zaronos. He screams while feeling his body combusting.

Spike screams so loud it startles Wendy in her sleep in the infirmary. She sees Spike screaming and flailing like crazy.

"Spike!" Wendy holds Spike on the bed. Spike continues to wail after feeling what death felt. He opens his eyes to see Wendy on top of the bed in tears of heartache.

"Wendy!" Spike bursts into tears and holds her tight. He feels her and hyperventilates again; He doesn't want to let her go.

Fairy Rage, Carla, Irene, Erza, Lucy, Gajeel, Natsu, Gray, and Happy come in. They see Spike as a complete mess and know he dreamt something morbid.

"I'm here, Spike," Wendy tries her best to coo Spike and calm him down. "I'm not going anywhere."

"It was horrible! I'm happy to see you alive!" Spike continues to cry while panting heavily.

"WHAT THE HELL HAPPEN TO FAIRY DRAGON?!" Gajeel shouts. The way Spike is reacting to a nightmare is worse than the Midnight Sparkle crisis.

"WHY IS SPIKE LIKE THIS?!" Natsu, Happy, Gray, and Lucy shout in shock. They are highly concerned about Spike's condition.

Erza runs up to Spike. "Spike, I'm here. You have nothing to be afr-" Erza gaps. She sees a scorching mark on Spike's arm. It seems to have a piercing wound.

Fairy Rage, Carla, and Irene walk up to Spike's bed. Irene and Rage place their hands on Spike's head.

"Ajax has grown stronger," Irene senses residual magic power from Ajax. "Ajax allowed Spike to either have a vision or a worst-case scenario of a possible future.

"Oh, damn." Fairy Rage uses his magic to see the coma nightmare Spike endured. "I've never seen dreams do that to anyone, even with my time with the embodiment of Death. We never saw anyone waking up with wounds relating to their dreams. Zaronos is on another level in terms of breaking his victims." Fairy Rage feels his residual magic within Spike fading. "That punk diminished my protection spell on Spike."

"Your protection? Spike is vulnerable to manipulations, mind trickery, and erase spells." Carla asks Rage.

"Yes." Fairy Rage nods. "However, I'll put a new one for him. Since Ajax has a copy of Spike's magic and experiences, he can use Spike's memory to break him and then slay him." Fairy Rage channels a lot of his magic power. "Rage of Honor." A pinkish-orange aura enters Spike's body. Spike is still crying in Wendy's arms. He's oblivious to what Fairy Rage is doing.

"What did Spike dreamt, mom?" Erza asks. She wants to help Spike in any way possible after hearing the dreadfulness of his tribulation.

"It would be best if I explain to you all downstairs. Those who want to comfort Spike should stay. I need to address the rest of the guild about the aftermath of Spike's awakening. I'm sure they'll fill you in on what you missed out on," Irene leaves the room. She's devastated by the surreality Spike endured.

"Let's go, Happy. I need to hear this story to fight the bastard that harmed my brother!" Natsu angrily shouts.

"Aye, Sir," Happy follows Natsu.

"Wait up," Gray follows Natsu out of the room. To defeat a demon, you do need a Demon Slayer.

Spike continues to cry his eyes out. Wendy notices Spike's injury and tries to heal him, but Spike wouldn't let her. He still clutches her. Fairy Rage, Carla, Gajeel, Erza, and Lucy grab a chair and sits. They'll wait until Spike is done crying and ready to talk.

PreviousChapters Next