• Published 7th Jan 2021
  • 11,082 Views, 7,083 Comments

Spike the Fairy - PonyJoel

  • ...
55
 7,083
 11,082

PreviousChapters Next
A New Day Part 1: United as a Family

Throughout the day in the Castle of Friendship, Pinkie Pie has been a tour guide for Twilight (Sci-Twi) and Spike. Twilight (Sci-Twi) and Spike learn that many rooms have many books, a map of Equestria and the outer lands, several bedrooms, a balcony, a nice rooftop to chill, an activities room, and a gatherings room. The tour lasted for five hours of the day with the explicit detail Pinkie gave.

"Wow, Pinkie. The castle is amazing," Twilight (Sci-Twi) said in astonishment.

"I can't believe we get to live here. I wonder who cleans?" Spike asks.

"Well, that used to be the other you's job but, I wouldn't recommend you doing it. Discord normally cleans it with a snap," Pinkie said.

"Ugh," Spike cringes. "Fairy Dragon used to clean this all by himself?"

Pinkie turns away a bit. "Yes..," Pinkie sighs. "Things didn't go so well with him, and I've done my dues against him. Pulling pranks, teased him a couple of times, laughed at him..," Pinkie sadly sighs. "I was a different pony back then. I had no regard for Spike, and I'm all about spreading friendship wherever it's needed. My friends and I messed up badly with our Spike. So, with you here, this could be our redemption to make things right."

"I hope so for yours, Rainbow, Fluttershy, Rarity, and Applejack's sake. If I find out you're messing with my son, I'll beat the stuffing out of you. And, I do mean it," Twilight (Sci-Twi) said. She's trying not to use any of the foul languages from her world to spark a trend.

"Understood..," Pinkie backs away a bit.

Twilight (Sci-Twi) sighs. "Forgive me. I'm imagining what your Spike went through and picturing with my Spike. I could never leave him in pain of any sort. When I'm hanging out with my friends, I bring Spike wherever I go. It's only fair, so he doesn't feel neglected or abandoned."

That's a shot at Pinkie Pie. She takes it to heart. So, she doesn't repeat history. "I understand. You're doing better than your counterpart. The other Twilight is running amuck somewhere in Earth Land."

There's knocking at the castle's doors.

"Who can that be?" Twilight (Sci-Twi) asks.

"Let's go find out. It could be the others of this world," Spike said.

Twilight (Sci-Twi) trots to the castle doors and opens them. She sees her mother and father as unicorns and tears up.

"My baby girl," Twilight Velvet hugs her daughter.

"My little man," Night Light hugs Spike.

Shining Armor walks inside the closes the door. Pinkie Pie thought for sure that Shining's mother would have claimed his soul for hiding the truth.

"Mom..," Twilight cries in her mother's arms.

"I'm here for you," Twilight Velvet feels the tears of Twilight's (Sci-Twi). She feels the heartache Twilight has suffered.

"So, I heard you were a dog. Well, Spike. I helped raise the other you like a son. So, in this manner, you are my son as well."

"Thank you," Spike smiles. "I've seen so much murder and chaos back home!" Spike cries.

"Hey, Shining. How was your morning?" Pinkie asks.

"Tartarous. I'm trying not to adapt to Earth Lander's usage of language. Already, I've said it in my mind. So, my wife instructed the Crystal Guards to escort me straight to the train station. I wasn't allowed to delay for anything. Go straight to my parents' house. Although I was expecting for the worse, it turns out it wasn't so bad."

"Yikes, that's horrible," Pinkie responds to the part about Cadance instructing the Crystal Guards.

"So, how's your day so far?"

"It's going well. I just finished giving the grand tour to Spike and Twilight (Sci-Twi). It's great seeing the two again but, it's not our Spike and Twilight. That's the thing I have to remember. The two don't have any memories of their counterparts here in Equestria."

"Well, I'm glad things are getting better. So, are you planning to throw a small party or some sort?"

"Well, I thought about inviting the girls over to reintroduce our lives to Spike and Twilight (Sci-Twi). A true redemption to start things over since watching Spike the Fairy and Erza Scarlett dominating Celestia and Twilight during the Grand Magic Games."

"Invite the Princesses too. They should connect with Spike and Twilight (Sci-Twi)."

"That's for a different party. After things settle down, I'll throw another party with the Princesses included."

"Good thinking," Shining said.

"Mom..," Twilight (Sci-Twi) looks at her mother's eyes. She knows it is not hers, but it's welcoming.

"Twilight. Our family is reunited. You are not the Twilight I conceived but, you are still my daughter at heart. The one I conceived, I don't think she'll ever come home, according to Shining."

"However, we are still your parents, and you and Spike are still part of the family. Nothing will ever change that," Night Light said.

Applejack and Rainbow Dash are on their way to the Castle of Friendship. The Cakes told them that Pinkie Pie was heading over there and required her assistance with the kids.

"How are things going for you, Dash?" Applejack asks.

"Brutal, Applejack. I received more heavy-duty training as well as counseling. Unfortunately, I pulled a prank on Spitfire when I was aiming for the newer cadets. The ole bucket of ice water prank."

"Dash, I thought you weren't going to do that," Applejack is displeased with Rainbow Dash.

"It's a Wonderbolt tradition with the newer cadets, so I partook it. Spitfire gave me a painful reminder about the prank I pulled with Spike in case any dragons want to be a Wonderbolt."

"Dragons being a Wonderbolt?" Applejack is in shock at the revelation.

"Spitfire and the others are welcoming to the possibilities of newer creatures joining the prestigious Wonderbolts Team. With that in mind, things must change for the better. Pranking newer cadets of all species is now forbidden."

"Wow, that's unexpected," Applejack said.

"Princess Celestia and Luna are allowing any creature to join the Equestrian Military if it pleases them. The peace between Equestria and the Bar of Alliance has skyrocketed to newer heights. So, in a way, things are progressing better than before in a twisted way."

"Uh-huh. Pain and suffering, in the beginning, to see the errors and correct them," Applejack states.

"Do you miss Spike, Applejack?" Rainbow Dash asks. Her tone sounds serious.

Applejack sighs. "I do miss seeing Spike around. I wish I were more involved in his life instead of taking him for granted. Treating him like family would instead of a slave. When Granny found out, she was so heartbroken. Big Mac couldn't look at me the same for weeks. For months, I was more of a servant to them than family, and it opened my mind to how Spike felt."

"Wow, Applejack. You never told me about this..," Rainbow Dash is appalled at what Applejack went through.

"Big Mac and Granny told me to do a lot of chores on my own without help to understand Spike's point of view. At first, it wasn't bad but, being alone for hours on end daily. It's brutal, Dash. No one to help you or listen to you. It was the harsher punishments I've been through and don't ever want to go through again."

"Wow," Rainbow said. She imagines what it was like for Applejack during those times.

"I wish I could have a second chance with Spike but, the Spike we know is gone. I wish there were some way to fix our mistakes with Spike."

"Perhaps another lifetime, we can," Rainbow sadly states.

Applejack and Rainbow Dash arrive at the Castle of Friendship. They notice Pinkie Pie talking to Shining Armor while Twilight Velvet and Night Light are talking.

"Girls! Look who's here!" Pinkie Pie slowly moves Night Light and Twilight Velvet out of the way. Twilight (Sci-Twi) and Spike are in their sight.

"Wait! What! How!?" Rainbow Dash and Applejack are stunned. Their instinct is to attack Twilight when they see she doesn't have wings and is wearing glasses. "What's going on?!" The two shout.

"It's a long grueling detail about that. Mind if I tell the story?" Pinkie asks Twilight (Sci-Twi).

"Sure. Let's go to a different room," Twilight (Sci-Twi) trots to a different room that Pinkie showed her and Spike. Spike's backside made Applejack and Rainbow Dash steady their breathing.

Shining Armor, Night Light, Twilight Velvet, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Twilight (Sci-Twi), and Spike are in the lounge room. Pinkie Pie tells everyone the horror Twilight (Sci-Twi) and Spike went through. Within three hours, Pinkie Pie told Twilight (Sci-Twi) and Spike's tale while crying a few times. Applejack and Rainbow couldn't believe their human counterparts got murdered by the Changelings of that world.

"Wow," Rainbow covers her face.

"I can't believe Changelings do exist from that other realm," Applejack said in shock.

"By a secret government project to control the masses. Whatever is happening in that world, I'm glad it's not happening here," Shining said.

"So.., what are Changelings like here?" Spike nervously asks.

"Friendly. Our Changelings are different than yours. You could wind up being friends with all except for one that's loose," Applejack said.

"The Queen of them," Rainbow Dash noted.

"Well, actually," Shining stops the two from speaking further about Queen Chrysalis. "Queen Chrysalis is no longer an issue. She renounced her title as Queen last night during the Bar of the Alliance meeting."

"WHAT!?" Rainbow and Applejack shout in shock and horror. "This has to be-" The two see Shining Armor shake his head.

"It's no mistake or ploy to deceive us. Chrysalis sounded sincere yesterday after being alone for so long. I did lose control of myself and attacked Chrysalis for everything she's done to my family and friends. Not once did she retaliate. She spoke and now is at the Changeling Hive. She no longer wears her crown. She gave it to Thorax as a sign of her willingness to change. At some point down the road, Cadance and I will have to apologize for our outburst."

"I think we should keep a close eye on her. I don't trust her," Applejack said.

"Yea. What if she's planning to do something similar to that Cozy Glow filly?" Rainbow asks.

"Princess Celestia made it clear with Chrysalis last night. Judging from Chrysalis' body language, I don't think Chrysalis will stoop down to a new low."

"So, she's turned a new leaf?" Applejack asks to be sure.

"Yes," Shining Armor nods. "We gave many villains a chance to reform. Why not her?"

Applejack and Rainbow Dash are silent. Pinkie Pie agrees with Shining Armor which is why she hasn't spoken against anything regarding Chrysalis. Anyone can have a second chance in life if they truly repent and want to change.

"We're proud of you, Shining," Night Light approaches his son.

"You're taking an initial step of forgiving someone that hurt you in the past," Twilight Velvet said. She hugs Shining Armor.

"Thanks, mom and dad. I still have much to do, and Chrysalis has to earn everyone else's trust."

"I know. It'll take Chrysalis time to earn it. All I ask is for you to be patient as change can be a struggle for some," Twilight Velvet said.

Shining Armor closes his eyes and nods. "I will remember that, mom. I'll take that to heart as a life learning lesson."

"Good, Shining," Twilight Velvet smiles.

Starlight Glimmer walks into the castle with Trixie, Maud, Sunburst, and Rockhoof. They had a good day at the School of Friendship.

"Another day completed at the School of Friendship," Trixie said. "My display of team exercises nailed it," Trixie says proudly.

"I still need to read the 20-page story that Yona wrote. So far, the students are good with their fantasies from yesterday's lecture," Rockhoof said.

"I'm glad you didn't use that new word you learned yesterday," Sunburst said.

"Ye lassies and lad are right. There is no room for profanity in our world."

"Hey, Pinkie," Maud sees Pinkie and the others in a different room.

"Hi, Maud!" Pinkie waves at her.

"Who is Pinkie with?" Starlight looks in Pinkie's direction.

"I want to say that's Twilight's family," Maud said.

"Hey, do you know what time it is!" Pinkie shouts.

"5:30," Maud said.

Pinkie reads Maud's lips. "Okay, it's 5:30, and I have to.., THE BABIES!" Pinkie rushes out of the castle.

"Oh, that's right. We were supposed to tell Pinkie about the Cakes' babies," Rainbow said.

"Uh, hopefully, they're not mad at us," Applejack said.

"Well, Twilight. If you ever need us," Twilight Velvet gives Twilight the address to their home in Canterlot. "Come and visit us anytime you like."

"Thanks, mom," Twilight (Sci-Twi) smiles.

"As for you, young dragon. The same goes for you," Night Light said.

"Thank you," Spike smiles.

"See you around," Night Light and Twilight Velvet leaves the castle.

"I'll see you around, Twily," Shining Armor hugs Twilight (Sci-Twi). "See you around, Spike," Shining Armor leaves.

"Twilight," Applejack approaches her. "Rainbow and I will talk to our friends, and we'll see you and Spike tomorrow."

"Okay, thank you, Applejack," Twilight (Sci-Twi) watches Applejack and Rainbow Dash leaving.

"Twilight, how do you feel?" Spike asks.

"Happy. Happy in the sense that we're with family again. Our friends are here though it's an adjustment," Twilight (Sci-Twi) said. She hugs Spike. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm great. I'm happy to see familiar faces. Things will get better for both of us. The one thing I need to know is how to be a dragon."

"Well, focus on being yourself, Spike. The rest will come to you," Twilight (Sci-Twi) said.

"I will!" Spike gets on Twilight's (Sci-Twi) back. "Pick a library for us to read some magic books. If my counterpart can be powerful, I want to reach that height as well."

"Sounds good, Spike. Also, this gives me time to learn more about magic," Twilight (Sci-Twi) trots to a library Pinkie showed her during the tour.

PreviousChapters Next