• Published 7th Jan 2021
  • 11,098 Views, 7,092 Comments

Spike the Fairy - PonyJoel

  • ...
55
 7,092
 11,098

PreviousChapters Next
Discord's Unfortunate Visitor

It's Friday, 3:35 in the afternoon at the School of Friendship. Spike (Discord) walks up to Discord (clone), asking to teleport him back to the Crystal Empire. Spike (Discord) arrives at the Crystal Castle at the Crystal Empire. Flurry Heart flies down to meet him.

"Hey, Flurry Heart. Missed me?" Spike (Discord) asks. Flurry Heart nods. She hugs Spike the best she can. "I'll take that as a yes as always."

Every Crystal Pony around him waves and greets their hero. Princess Cadance comes down to greet Spike.

"Welcome back, Brave and Glorious Spike."

"Thanks, Princess Cadance," Spike (Discord) follows Princess Cadance inside the castle.

"So, how was your day teaching at the school?"

"So far, so good. Twilight and her friends are still adjusting to my class. The same is said for Discord whenever he merges his class with mine. Today's lesson was about abandonment and how creatures react to it."

Princess Cadance cringes a bit. "That had to be..," Princess Cadance couldn't finish her statement.

"I know. It's tough but, every creature needs to know that some creatures suffer abandonment and need to know how to help them during their times of need."

Princess Cadance sighs. "Well done. How did Twilight and her friends felt?"

"Uncomfortable. Twilight shed some tears in class. After class, she apologized to me."

"She did?" Princess Cadance is surprised that it took Twilight this long to apologize for abandoning Spike on many occasions.

"She did. It took her a while to process what true abandonment can feel. Also, several students in my class opened up what abandonment meant for them."

"Wow," Princess Cadance is in shock.

"Twilight and her friends were touched by their stories. How several of my students' friends and family abandoned them for days and years without saying anything," Spike (Discord) yawns.

"Sleepy, Spike?" Princess Cadance asks.

"Yea. I'm looking forward to catching up on z's," Spike (Discord) yawns again.

Spike (Discord) gives Flurry Heart back to Princess Cadance and goes to his room. He locks the door and lies in bed.

"Man, I'm losing my magic energy by the second being Spike," Discord sheds his Spike disguise to relax. He's been using his disguise as Spike for five months. "I'm not sure if I can keep this up for much longer," Discord gets in bed and puts his disguise back on in case Flurry Heart flies through the window again.

It's now 8:30 at night. Princess Luna raises the moon. She goes into the dream realm once more to see if anypony or creature needs her assistance battling a nightmare. Since the School of Friendship opened, Princess Luna has many new doors opening to her. One door, in particular, has been shut for many months, Spike's door. For some reason, with Princess Luna, Spike's door has remain shut without an explanation.

Princess Luna trots down the corridors of the dream realm, making sure that everyone has a good dream. She comes across Spike's door. She sighs.

"Spike, what is it you don't want me to see?" Princess Luna tries opening the door. In the back of her mind, she expected the door to make a raddle noise. This time, there is no raddle as the door is open. "The door is open?" Princess Luna couldn't believe the door opened. She wanders inside to see what nightmares Spike may need help easing.

Discord is dreaming of being home tormenting the candy fish that swims in his chocolate lake. Discord says he can't wait to taste the rainbow by grabbing a cheesegrater and shredding Rainbow's mane on it. Princess Luna is confused. She knows she entered Spike's door, not Discord's. She approaches Discord.

"Discord, what are you doing here in Spike's dream?"

"Princess Luna!" The candy fish swims away from Discord and Princess Luna. Discord realizes that he was dreaming and groans. "Stupid me," Discord sighs.

"Discord, what are you doing in Spike's dream?" Princess Luna asks, wanting answers for Discord's intrusion in another dream.

"Well, uh..," Discord sighs tiredly. He knows that lying is not an option since he's teaching every creature that lying can create problems unless there's a reason for it. Otherwise, might as well call him a hypocrite.

"Well, Draqonecuus?" Princess Luna starts losing her patience with Discord's delayed antics.

"What I'm going to say, you must not tell anyone. I need you to make a solemn promise not to speak what I say to anyone. Do you understand?"

"Very well, Draqonecuus. Speak, and I won't tell anyone. It's between you and me."

"Spike isn't here in Equestria anymore."

Princess Luna's jaw drops in pure shock and horror. "Did he..?"

"No," Discord shakes his finger at Luna. "Spike isn't dead. He's not in Equestria. He's no longer in our world."

"What happened?" Princess Luna is now worried sick for Spike.

Discord claps his paw and claw together. The scenery within the dream changes to the night Discord last saw Spike. Princess Luna watches Spike walking by the river. He sits by a tree, looking up at the night sky.

"I guess I should write to Princess Celestia and tell her all I have been going through in the hooves of Twilight and her friends. However, she could end up sending me back to Twilight to patch things up. I could go and live in the Crystal Empire. Continually being the Brave and Glorious around my peers. Then again, Princess Cadance or Shining Armor will tell Twilight of my whereabouts, and try to make amends." Spike sighs heavily. "Who am I kidding? Anywhere I would go, someone will eventually tell Twilight of where I'm residing to make amends. I'll never be free. Plus, if Twilight were to tell Celestia of what transpired, Celestia will find me no sweat. My life is doomed to slavery, isn't it?"

Princess Luna is teary, watching Spike reflecting on his dilemma. She sees how sad and depressed Spike is, trying to figure out what to do next.

"Hard to listen, isn't it, Luna?" Discord asks.

"He sounds heartbroken and judging his emotions, he sounds like he's giving up on life..," Princess Luna sniffs.

"I heard what he said that night. I rose from the ground and talked to him. He basically told me everything in full detail on what he endured. I thought I was bad with my chaos. What Twilight and her friends committed was beyond wrong."

"Indeed. So, what happens next?" Princess Luna wants to know what happens.

"Watch and listen," Discord said; he claps to play the memory scene.

"Discord! What were you doing here?" Asked Spike.

"So, I have a habit of listening to stories of sad folk. They are usually alone looking at the night sky. It's a way of learning how to deal with Fluttershy or any of our friends whenever they are depressed."

"Interesting."

"So, what's wrong with you, Spike?"

"There are a lot of wrongs, and I wish to get away from it."

"Hmm, where would you like to go?"

"A world where friendships are like family. It doesn't matter what you look like as long as they appreciate your company. A world where friends do care about your well-being. Is there a world that exists, Discord?"

Discord looks down at Spike. "Look up," Discord said. Spike looks up and sees a shooting star. "Make a wish, and I shall grant it."

"You make wishes, Draqonecuus?" Princess Luna asks. She sees the shooting star passing by.

"Yes. However, the wish has to come from the heart. It's how I operate now cause I do care. I was worried that Spike was going to end his life to get away from Twilight. He didn't know what would happen if he came to you and Celestia with the urgency."

Princess Luna sniffs. "I understand. Poor kid..," Princess Luna continues to watch the memory.

"I wish to live in a world where I can be free and make all sorts of new friends. Going on adventures, partying, creating new memories, laughing, and having fun."

Discord smiles and snaps his claw. A swirling vortex appears before Spike. Spike reveals everything he told Discord and hugs him. Spike walks into the portal while Discord transforms himself into looking like Spike. Princess Luna is crying at the heartwarming scenery of granting happiness. Discord places his paw on Princess Luna's back, soothing her.

"I don't know what he's going through in the other world. All I know is that Spike is happy there."

"Why you decide to replace Spike in this world?"

Discord sighs. "I wanted to answer the possibilities. To see if Spike made the right decision for wishing a new life or not. Also, Twilight and her friends needed to wake up cause friendships are not enslavement. What they did was enslavement, and you know because-"

"You told my sister and me everything Spike endured during his time with Twilight that same night."

"Yea. I meant no wrong or disrespect but, Twilight needs to be a better Princess and friend for all creatures. I decided to test her and her friends to see if they are worthy of becoming Spike's friend again."

"The blood accident, that doesn't happen to dragons, no?"

"When the Storm King came and invaded Canterlot, I thought it'd be the perfect adventure for Twilight and her friends to reconnect with 'Spike'. Obviously, I chose wrong. I did get to experience how Spike would go through. It wasn't pleasant. Twilight lied to me, lied to her friends, Pinkie nearly killed 'Spike' for being too careless, Rainbow exposed everyone with a Sonic Rainboom when Tempest was hunting Twilight Sparkle, Twilight didn't compromise with 'Spike' and squeezed his body for fire. During the whole trip, I was angry. Angry in the sense that I couldn't help and angry that Twilight abused Spike without warning and no communicating. The blood thing, I did it to relieve my anger. I wish I can take that back. Ever heard of stepping in someone's hooves. Well, I'm doing it, and it sucks. I want to say screw this and do what I want to but, I can't have Twilight blow a fuse and try everything to get Spike back and prevent herself from becoming better."

"How long are you planning to keep this up?" Princess Luna turns to Discord.

"When I see the time is right or when I'm exposed in front of everyone. I'm leaning more so on the first option."

Princess Luna takes a deep breath. "I hope for your sake you don't get exposed. Twilight will unleash her wrath on you for lying to her and partake in messing up her life."

"I didn't force her to make the choices and decisions she made that led to that point. I have my fair share but, it is on her as well. The same goes for her friends," Discord yawns.

"So, why was Spike's dream door locked all this time?"

"I needed everyone to believe that Spike isn't missing and for him to have dreamless dreams in his sleep. That he was here all along and Twilight to feel less pain than how she's feeling right now. Imagine telling her that Spike is no longer in Equestria while feeling like a wreck? How do you think she'll react?"

"Fair enough, Draqonecuus. I know I promised you but, can I tell my sister, Celestia? She needs to be ready as well in case you get exposed on bad timing."

"If she swears not to tell anyone else, then yes. If you suspect she'll tell others, then no. I'm trusting you with this info. I would hate to take away Spike's happiness if word got out about his disappearance," Discord looks down and hopes he doesn't regret his decision.

"I know. Spike's happiness is important to him. Who are we to take it away from him?"

"Thank you."

"You're a good friend, Discord. You are willing to help a friend change their lives for the better and help to create a new world for all creatures. You should be proud of yourself," Princess Luna smiles.

"Thank you," Discord smiles.

"My time is up. Leave your door open so we can continue our talk."

"I will," Discord sees Luna leaving the dream and wakes up. Flurry Heart is in his room, sleeping next to him. "I guess you couldn't sleep well," Spike (Discord) looks at the clock. "7:30 am. Wow, I had a good rest. I hope that I didn't make a mistake," Spike (Discord) stares out the window from his bed.

PreviousChapters Next