• Published 7th Jan 2021
  • 11,107 Views, 7,093 Comments

Spike the Fairy - PonyJoel

  • ...
55
 7,093
 11,107

PreviousChapters Next
Spike & Erza Talk

It is now 8:00 in the morning. Lucy and Spike are waking up. Lucy gets out of bed as Spike gets out of his sleeping bag.

"Morning, Lucy."

"Morning, Spike. You had a good night's sleep?"

"I did. Did you?"

"Yea, I did," Lucy smiles.

"So, what's today's agenda?" Asked Spike.

"Well, we're going to see if we can find work today. I can't wait till I get the results of the Miss Fairy Tail contest."

"If I have to be honest, you would be placed in second or third. You'll be in the top three for sure," Said Spike.

"We will see. Plus, I didn't get to do my cheer with my Celestia Spirits. With Evergreen stealing the show and what Laxus has done and such."

"Fair enough. I still can't believe that Laxus had a dragon lacrima in him."

"I know, right. What kind of parent would do that?"

"One that is caring enough. Not every parent is loving," Spike claims from his experience with Twilight Sparkle.

"True," Lucy remembers that her father sent a dark guild to bring her back home, which nearly ended Fairy Tail as well.

After a half-hour, Lucy and Spike leave the apartment. The two walk to the guildhall. Residents of Magnolia are greeting their neighbor, Spike. After seeing him bearing the Fairy Tail Guild emblem, they are more relaxed, knowing that he won't grow up and kill everyone just like the old days of Earth Land.

"Hey, Fairy Dragon," A Bystander on a boat passing.

"Hello," Spike waves at the guy on the boat.

Spike has been residing in Magnolia for five days now. It doesn't take too long for people to accept how things are in Fairy Tail as long as they are protected. Seeing a dragon is rare. Having a dragon live among them is unheard of nowadays. The town of Magnolia feels lucky to have a dragon living among them.

Spike and Lucy enter the guildhall and sees everyone talking to each other. Spike is noticing how Nab Lasaro has been standing by the job board for two days now.

"Hey, Lucy. Does Nab stare at the board all day, or does he work?"

"From all the times I've come here, Spike, he stands there all day like a tree," Lucy replies. "He said, when he finds the right one for him, he'll take it."

"Alright, then."

"Lucy! Spike!" Natsu shouts and greets the two. "There you are! Gray and I have been waiting for the two of you to arrive. We're going after a dark cult trying to raise the dead back to life!" Natsu chuckles.

"Are they trying to start the zombie apocalypse?" Spike nervously questions.

"Yes, and no, Spike," Said Gray. "The pay is 300,000 Jewels. You down?"

"I can use the spare change to pay my rent," Said Lucy confidently.

"What do you mean by spare change?" Asked Happy.

"The Miss Fairy Tail competition. I have a feeling I won the 500,000 Jewels."

"The results aren't in yet. Gotta wait another week for the results, Lucy," Said Gray, who is half-naked.

"Gray," Spike chuckles, "Your clothes."

"Darn it! Not again!" Said Gray.

"Man, why not get a job at the stripper club, Gray," Said Natsu, suggesting an idea.

"What was that, Pyro?" Gray grabs Natsu, looking directly at his face.

"You gotta problem, Ice Breath?!"

The two start fighting, punching, and hitting each other with fire and ice magic. Spike, Happy, and Lucy steer clear as the two brawls. Then all of a sudden, half the Fairy Tail guild joins in the fight. Lucy, Spike, and Happy are behind the bar as everyone continues to fight each other.

"How often does this happen?" Asked Spike.

"More times than you can count. However, this is a norm for Fairy Tail. Soon enough, you'll join in on the fun," Said Happy, answering Spike's question.

"When I first came to Fairy Tail, a brawl happen cause of Natsu. It's another way that Fairy Tail gets stronger and shows love in a way most people wouldn't think," Said Lucy.

"Alright. Now that I know this isn't a one-time affair, I'll be participating in future brawls for fun."

"Enough!" Erza commands. The sound of hearing Erza's command causes the brawl to end. Gray and Natsu are still fighting each other. Erza groans a little. "Typical," Erza elbows Gray and Natsu on their stomachs and grabs their heads, slamming into each other. "Now behave."

"Cheap.., shot..," Said Natsu.

"You.., got lucky.., Erza," Said Gray.

"Enough with the fighting. Save it for something else," Said Erza.

"Speaking of saving it for something else, I got our next job. Our first one with Spike as well," Said Natsu. He gets up and reveals the flier to Erza. "We're going to stop a dark cult from raising the dead."

"Go on without me. I wish to be alone," Erza goes up to the second floor of the guildhall.

Spike sees Erza going up. Still upset after finding out some info about Mystogan.

"So, Spike. You and Lucy coming?" Asked Natsu, waving the flier.

"I'm coming, Natsu," Lucy hops over the bar and meets up with Natsu and Gray, Happy flies next to Natsu. "Spike, you coming?"

"Uh," Spike looks at Erza sitting alone at a table. "Go on without me. For my first job, I want all my friends present."

"You sure?" Asked Gray.

"Yes. I know what I'm doing."

"Alright, see you later, Spike," Natsu, Gray, Lucy, and Happy leave the guildhall to embark on their quest.

Spike walks upstairs to the second floor. He looks around a bit since it's his first time on the second floor. After doing some sightseeing, he sees Erza sitting alone.

"Hey, Erza," Spike greets.

Erza snaps out of her trance a bit. She turns to see Spike. "Hey, Spike."

"Mind if I sit there," Spike points to the empty chair.

"Yes, I do mind. I wish to be alone."

"No, you don't," Said Spike. "I know what it's like being all alone. You need someone to reflect."

"You're right," Said Erza admittingly. "Please sit."

Spike sits on the empty chair and looks at Erza. "The other day back at the Kardia Catherdral, you saw Mystogan for what he looked like and, you looked like you've seen a ghost. Care to explain?"

Erza's eyes widen with the mentioning of Mystogan. His exact resemblance of Jellal from another recent event welcomed back some scars of her past. She frowns a bit and sighs.

"You nailed my reaction. Remember your first day in Fairy Tail?"

"Yea. I told everyone my life story in Equestria."

"Also, I mentioned relating to you in more ways than another from your troubled life."

"Yea," Spike nods. "You mentioned it."

"I'm going to tell how and why it links up to Mystogan."

"I'm all ears, Erza."

"It was many years ago. I was young. A few years younger than you, Spike. I once lived in a small village known as Rosemary Village. It was a nice peaceful village until one night, a child hunt happen."

Spike gasps and covers his mouth in shock and horror. He never heard anything of it before. Erza takes a deep breath.

"I remember saving this one girl. She was very much afraid and had a white ribbon. After she was safe, I tried to run away but ended up getting caught. Then I was enslaved by a Zeref-Following Cult."

"Who's Zeref?" Spike curiously asks.

"A Dark Wizard with extreme powers of darkness and destruction. Good thing he stays dead."

"Yea," Spike sweats a bit, imagining all sorts of possibilities that can go wrong. "Good thing."

"Anyway, the Zeref-Following Cult brought me and those they've captured to an island. Their purpose was to resurrect Zeref by building a passageway to Heaven."

"That is bizarre," Said Spike. He never thought there was magic that can get people or anyone into heaven without dying.

"I spent years on the island, building the Tower of Heaven. I bled, I cried, I worked tirelessly. It was brutal, Spike. I got whipped, shackled, and zapped for trying to escape and having trouble working. Throughout the mix of it, I made friends to bear the hard times. Like you, Spike, I wasn't given a last name at birth. A close friend of mine gave me the last name, Scarlet," Erza touches her hair. "My friends had their opinions but, I loved it."

"Is this close friend of yours happen to be this Jellal guy?" Asked Spike, piecing the bits together.

Erza nods. "Once again, you nailed it."

"I'm good with putting things together."

"Throughout the tenure at the Tower of Heaven, Rob, who was a Wizard of the Fairy Tail Guild, told me a lot about magic. He's the one that led me to Fairy Tail after I left the Tower of Heaven."

"So, that is how you found your way to Fairy Tail."

"I search for months to locate Magnolia. I told Makarov everything I endured and the passing of Rob. After that, I became an official member of the Fairy Tail Guild. Now, going back to the story. My friends and I were in trouble with an escape plan. Jellal tried to take the blame. It was futile as they took me instead. I showed no fear of my punishment, so they decided to scar my friends by taking my right eye."

Spike gasps in horror again. Now he understands the artificial eye comment when she broke free from Evergreen's petrification spell.

"After they took my right eye, Jellal came to my rescue. He patched my right eye. After a few, he was captured and taken away. That was when I had enough of living in fear. I sparked a revolt and a rescue plan to save Jellal. The hundreds of inmates and my friends fought off the cult. When I freed Jellal, he was, unfortunately, corrupted by Zeref. He continued building the Tower of Heaven after letting me go."

"Wow," Said Spike.

"Can you keep a secret, Spike?" Spike nods. Erza whispers. "I have feelings for Jellal."

Spike nods in understanding. So much for being Erza's lover. Hopefully, like Lucy, Erza can be a sister type of friend to him. Spike will now have to try someone else to fall in love. To stop trying to go after those who are older than him.

"You have my word as Fairy Dragon that your secret is safe with me."

"Thank you, Spike."

"You're welcome," Spike smiles reassuringly.

"A month before you came, I went on vacation with Natsu, Gray, Happy, and Lucy. We had a fun time too. Then later in the night, I had a nightmare about the Tower of Heaven. The next thing I knew, while playing poker in the casino, my friends and I were ambushed by my old friends. Simon, Shô, Millianna, and Wally. They took me and Happy to the Tower of Heaven."

"Why Happy?"

"Millianna is a catgirl. She loves cats and seeing a blue flying cat, to her, it's like, how can she not take him?"

"Okay, makes sense with me," Said Spike.

"Jellal had a brother named Siegrain. He used to work for the Magic Council. Jellal was planning to sacrifice me to Zeref."

"Was the Tower of Heaven used for blood sacrifices?"

"Yea. Life for a life. One needs to perish to resurrect the other."

"Damn," Said Spike. That is the first time he'd ever said damn. He knows the meaning of it.

"Yea," Said Erza, remembering that night.

"Our friends and Juvia got involved with my problems and situation. I tried to urge them to leave but, they didn't. I was unhappy but relented. In the end, I was happy they stood around and helped me. Jellal played a twisted game with us as well as the Magic Council. Siegrain was persuading the Magic Council to use Etherion Blast on the Tower of Heaven. Jellal hired bounty hunters assassins from a dark guild to take my friends and me down. After some time, my friends and I defeated the dark guild."

"Is Siegrain and Jellal one of the same person?"

Erza nods. "Yes. Jellal had everything set up according to his plan."

"Wow, he's good."

"Was," Erza lowers her head.

"What happened next?"

"I told Jellal that there is a flaw to his Tower of Heaven. He needed a lot of concentrated magic energy for the Tower of Heaven. Something in which he doesn't have. He needed 2.7 billion Edeas to activate the Tower of Heaven. He had a look that everything is going according to plan. He wasn't worried, which made me worried. I fought Jellal. Jellal was planning to sacrifice my life for Zeref's. After a few minutes of fighting, I had Jellal pinned to the floor with my sword near his throat. Jellal demands me to strike him, take his life away. I didn't. I couldn't. During that time, I still considered Jellal as my friend so, I hugged him. Next thing we knew, the Tower of Heaven got hit with Etherion Blast. The outer structure tore apart as the Tower of Heaven was covered in Etherion Lacrima. The final piece to his plan."

"Wow," It's all Spike can muster from hearing the story. He wonders how powerful is the Etherion Blast. He'll ask or find out another time. "Please, continue."

"Jellal placed a spell on me when I hugged him. A spell that allowed the Tower of Heaven to pull me in to sacrifice for Zeref. Then, Natsu saved me from being sacrificed."

"He did?" Asked Spike, feeling like this the climax of the story.

"Natsu's sense of smell led him directly to me, saving my life from being sacrificed to Zeref. Then, Natsu knocks me out. He took it upon himself to fight Jellal."

"Ouch, that had to suck. Also, how was Natsu able to knock you out so easily? A while ago, you elbowed him in the gut and slammed his head on Gray's head."

"The spell Jellal used on me disabled me from moving for the time being."

"Ah, okay then," Said Spike, nodding in understanding.

"When I woke up, Natsu was bombarded by Jellal's attack. Natsu decided to destroy Jellal's Tower of Heaven so he couldn't use it. Jellal then decided to unleash a powerful spell capable of killing Natsu. I decided to offer my life to spare Natsu. However, Simon intervened and took the blow. Simon confessed his love for me right before he died, saving my life. I mourned a bit as Natsu starts eating the Ethernano. It was too overwhelming for Natsu but, he mustered enough to defeat."

Spike is imaging the fight. How intense it must have been as Erza had to watch on the sidelines. Spike sees how strong Natsu could have been with that kind of power versus what he had against Laxus.

"What is Ethernano Lacrima made of?" Asked Spike curiously.

"All forms of elemental magic power, to be precise."

"Okay," Spike now understands that there is a water element in the lacrima that could weaken Natsu.

"After Natsu defeated Jellal, I tried to carry him to safety as the Tower of Heaven was falling apart. It was becoming unstable in the process. To control the magic power from overloading, I tried sacrificing myself to make it stop. Natsu refuses to let me go and tries to pull me out. The Tower of Heaven took me in. Everything became a blur at first. Then, I saw a bubble of the future. A future where all of Fairy Tail was sad and depressed, it was horrifying to see. The heartache, the anguish, the cries. I thought my sacrifice would bring happiness but, it brought the opposite. It was then I wanted to live. Then, out of the blue, I heard Natsu calling my name. I see him reaching for me. Then, I realize what I saw was a dream. Natsu held me in his arms, filled with tears. Natsu, in tears, told me not to sacrifice myself like that ever again. I swore that I'll never do such a thing ever again."

"That meant the Tower of Heaven blew up and, it killed Jellal in the process?"

Yes..," Erza looks at the window, imagining that her friend Jellal is back to his old self.

"My condolences to you for the loss of your friends."

"Thanks, Spike," Erza smiles. "At the end of the madness, I made new friends along the way. Juvia Lockser, Gajeel Redfox, and Spike the Fairy."

Spike smiles. "Would it be alright if we hug?"

Erza nods. She and Spike get off the chair and hug. Erza feels relieved that she told someone about this, knowing that Spike will keep the secret she told him to himself. They hug for a minute more.

"Sometimes, it's good to hug. It eases some tensions," Said Spike.

"Sure does, Spike," Erza lets go of Spike.

"Erza, since you told me your secret, I want to tell you mine."

"Of course, Spike."

Spike takes a deep breath, knowing it'll be a bit of an embarrassment. "I have feelings for you. I thought," Spike blushes in embarrassment. "Maybe you and I can be.., together?" Spike starts sweating a bit after he says that.

"I'm flattered that you have feelings for me but, you're a bit too young, Spike."

Spike nods in understanding. He knew he was out of his league.

"However," Spike perks up hearing, however. "I will consider you as my brother. I'll be your sister, Spike," Said Erza, smiling at Spike. Hoping it'll cheer him up.

"Sounds good to me!" Spike smiles in glees.

"Also, the next job we go on, we're all going together. I promise," Said Erza.

"Thanks, Erza."

"You're welcome."

Erza and Spike go downstairs and to the bar. Erza orders two slices of strawberry cake for her and Spike. Mirajane gave the duo their slices of cake. Spike takes the first bite, claiming it was better than any dessert he had in Equestria.

Two hours later, Natsu, Gray, Lucy, and Happy return to the Guildhall.

"Hey, guys. How did the job go?" Asked Spike, sitting next to Erza in the main hall at the table.

"Terrible. We had to pay the damages of the town with our reward money," Said Lucy tiredly.

"C'mon, Lucy. Those punks deserved it!" Claimed Natsu.

"Yea, they tried to sacrifice me for a demon dog! Happy proclaims.

"Good thing they sucked with the enchantments and incantations," Said Gray, wearing nothing but his underwear. Spike chuckles. "What's funny, Spike?"

"Do your clothes come to life and run away from you?"

Gray looks down to see himself nearly naked. "Crap! I must have left my clothes behind!"

"Nah, you left it at the stripper's club," Said Natsu.

"That does it, Natsu!" Gray lunges at Natsu. The two brawl once more.

Natsu and Gray continue to fight in the Guildhall until Erza breaks it up. She grabs both their heads and collided with each other. Erza then punches the two in the gut, causing them to fall asleep.

"Now, good night," Said Erza.

"Well, it's been fun. Let's go home, Spike."

"Right behind you, Lucy," Spike walks with Lucy. "Bye, Sis. See you tomorrow," Spike waves at Erza.

"See you tomorrow, Spike," Erza waves back.

As Lucy and Spike leave the guildhall, they start talking for a bit.

"So, what's with the sis talk?" Asked Lucy.

"After a long talk with Erza and her reflecting, she and I decided to treat each other like brother and sister."

"How nice and thoughtful, Spike."

"It was Erza's idea after I confess something to her."

"Oooh, what is it?" Lucy is curious to know what Spike had to say when he confessed to Erza.

"Sorry, Lucy. That is a secret between Erza and me."

Lucy sighs. "Fair enough, Spike."

Ten minutes later, Spike and Lucy are home. They see Natsu and Happy on the bed lounging. Lucy strictly tells them to get out. She yells and starts throwing pots and pans at the two. She doesn't want to deal with their nonsense for the night. Natsu and Happy hightailed out of Lucy's apartment by hopping out the window. Spike gathers everything that Lucy threw at the two of them. Happy flies Natsu back home after getting some bumps on their heads. Spike gets into his sleep bag, wanting to get a good night's rest for the next day of adventures.

PreviousChapters Next