• Published 7th Jan 2021
  • 11,022 Views, 7,083 Comments

Spike the Fairy - PonyJoel

  • ...
55
 7,083
 11,022

PreviousChapters Next
Equestria's Depletion of Magic Day Two: Plan of Action

The Unity Seven are heading to the dorm as quickly as they can. They still can't believe moments ago that Cozy Glow is the creature that's taking away Equestria's magic to weaponize friendship, and Discord was in disguised as Spike. Cozy Glow finish monologuing and decides to make as many friendships as she can while the teachers of the school are resting.

Neighsay enters his room and opens the drawer. "Here is it," Neighsay picks up his medallion. "With this, I can teleport to the Princess and tell them what's been going on. Before I go, let's review what we know and need to do."

"With Discord trapped in the bubble, we need a way to get him out of it," Ocellus says.

"Perhaps, if we pull one of those relics Cozy is using, it could free him," Sandbar says.

"Or, it can disrupt and have a side effect," Smolder says.

"But if we don't try, we may lose the magic forever," Gallus said.

"Pulling the relics may release the magic back in Equestria. However, we need to keep Cozy occupied," Neighsay says.

"I'll fly to Sweet Apple Acres. The CMC Counselors should provide a much-needed distraction to defuse the magic power trapping Discord," Silverstream says.

"Yona want to smash evil filly."

"In due time, Yona. Once the CMC Counselors distract Cozy Glow, we'll get to the relics and remove them. That should free Discord from his imprisonment," Smolder says.

"Also, one of you, go alert Professor Maud and Trixie for help. They can be vital in watching Cozy's motives in the school."

"Will do, Neighsay." The Young Six watches Neighsay teleporting to Princess Celestia and Luna.

Cozy Glow is trotting in the main hallway. She watches every student wondering why none of the teachers are in school today. She grabs a podium and flies it over to grab everyone's attention.

"Hello, students of the School of Friendship. Headmare Glimmer has anointed Spike as temporary Head-Dragon of the school. However, Head-Dragon Spike is feeling blue and won't be attending his duties until he feels better. He has entrusted me to lead everyone into learning what friendship is about. I have learned from Princess Twilight Sparkle several key elements that bind creatures into a loving embrace in friendship."

"What about our teachers? What happened to Discord, Maud, Trixie, Sunburst? What happened to our counselors?" A random pony asks.

"Head-Dragon Spike has commanded them to take a day off. In all honesty, they could be sick with his bug," Cozy hears the students gasps worriedly. "Don't worry. That's why I'm here. To bring you all closer together and to be friends with you. Cause when we're together, there's nothing in life that can stop us. No threat in Equestria will come remotely close to our power of friendship."

"I like her optimism," Another student says.

"So every creature. My name is Cozy Glow. I'm here to deliver you into my friendship. Follow me to class as we'll get started."

Every creature follows Cozy to the classroom. For a while now, Rockhoof has suspected something unusual with Cozy Glow. Rockhoof sees the Young Six leaving the school and follows them. He notices that the six of them are uneased for some reason and decides to approach them.

"Lads and lassies, where you going? What are ye doing?"

"Professor Rockhoof!" Yona shouts which cause her friends to turn to Rockhoof.

"What are you doing? Why weren't you sent home?" Sandbar asks.

"I didn't know there was a meeting with the teachers, lad. I was still performing my duties as a teacher, instructing my class to find inner strength. What I saw was this young lassie flying around sneakily. I think this Cozy Glow may be a terrible nuisance to all of Equestria."

"She is," The Young Six say in unison.

"Cozy Glow is draining all magic from Equestria. Yak and friends saw it."

"Also, we have another situation. Cozy Glow trapped Discord in a magic bubble that's absorbing the magic," Ocellus said.

"That's no good, lassie."

"We need to keep Cozy Glow distracted long enough. Think you can handle it?" Gallus asks.

"I fight Ursa Majors, volcanic lava, three demonic sirens, and darkness pony. A wee lassie has no chance against me, lad."

"Perfect, then we can go back and remove the relics."

"Let's do this!" Silverstream shouts.

"YEAH!" Everyone cheers.

When Rockhoof approaches the Young Six, Neighsay arrives in the throne room of Princess Celestia and Luna.

"Chancellor Neighsay, what brings you to the throne room?" Princess Luna asks.

"I have vital information about the disappearing magic in Equestria."

Princess Celestia and Luna fly to Neighsay. They are eager to know what Neighsay discovered.

"Neighysay, what have you come across?" Princess Celestia asks.

"A young filly goes by the name Cozy Glow is using relics to absorb all of Equestrian Magic and plans on sending it to another realm. She's doing so beneath the School of Friendship. My friends and I also discovered something shocking."

"Wh-Wh-What is it, Neighsay," Princess Celestia is lost for words.

"My friends and I witnessed Spike reverting to Discord. We believe that Discord may have been deceiving to many ponies and creatures as Spike or protecting him."

The Princesses are silent. They knew that Discord was Spike this whole time. They decide to stay in shock rather than show the impression that they knew about Discord's antics.

"Any way on stopping Cozy Glow?" Princess Celestia asks.

"We have some theories, but we're unsure due to the possibilities on short notice and time restraint."

"Alright, let's gather our forces and apprehend this filly. Whether if we have magic or not, this Cozy Glow is a threat to all life in Equestria. Luna, gather as many Royal Guards as you can. I'll do the same. Neighsay, help us gather as many platoons as possible."

"Can do, Princesses," Neighsay salutes to the Princesses, then he uses his medallion to leave the room, arriving in front of a Royal Guard BootCamp, informing the rookies to follow their Princesses' command urgently.

"There won't be any running away, Discord. You will tell the truth in front of everypony and creature you lied to," Celestia thought to herself.

An hour later, Rookhoof tells the young Six to wait until Cozy Glow chases him or the students follow him outside of the school. Rockhoof goes into the classroom and disrupts Cozy's lecture.

"There you are, lads and lassies."

"Hey! You're interrupting a very important friendship lesson!" Cozy shouts.

"Well, I can't help but notice that some students of mine are playing hooky. It's time for another story of me past life."

Some students gasps and decides to leave the class Cozy's teaching.

"Wait! Head-Dragon Spike entrusted me to teach the classes while every teacher is resting."

"I need no rest, lassie. I'm strong enough to take on anything. Have I ever tell you, lads and lassies, the story of how I defeated a phantom?"

The students gasp and shake their heads. They are eager to know about the story.

"Please, can it wait after class?" Cozy asks.

"No, lassie. Cause if my students don't come to class, they'll fail on an assignment I have in store and will have to do a punishment segment to make up for the failure. Now every creature, follow me to my stage. Outside we go," Rookhoof leaves the classroom. Every student follows Rockhoof outside. Cozy Glow goes with them, trying to argue with Rockhoof.

"Aww, Yona wants to hear the phantom story," Yona pouts.

"We can ask him later. We gotta save Equestria," Gallus said.

The Young Six enters the library and goes down the same way as they did last night. The trail way illuminates once more. The Young Six follow the pathway.

"You are making a mistake, Rockhoof! Wait until I tell Head-Dragon Spike what you are doing! You're supposed to be resting!" Cozy is getting irate due to Rockhoof's interference.

"Sorry. Truly I am. I want to tell the story of how I defeated Le Phantom of the Earwax."

"You're making that up! There is no Phantom of the Earwax!" Cozy is fuming.

"Aye, there was. No pony never got to tell the tale because I was sealed for a long time with my friends, containing the Pony of Shadows. It's about time I tell every creature here about the Phantom of the Earwax. Please, stay awhile and listen, lassie. You may learn something."

Cozy Glow groans. "Fine! Take the students. I'll teach em something else later," Cozy flies to the library.

"Wait," Rockhoof calls out Cozy.

"You've taken the students away from me to tell a ghost story.., I'm supposed to do my job and, you're being mean."

"I'm doing my job, and I want you to stay. After my class, you can teach the class outside of the school."

"I'll think about it."

While the two are talking, the Young Six made it to the area where Discord is contained in. They see Discord getting weaker inside.

"He doesn't look good," Smolder says. She's worried about Discord.

"So, how are we going to do this?" Gallus asks.

"I don't think we should take one. I think we should take all the relics," Sandbar says.

"Yona thinks it is wise. What else is there to try?"

"Discord, if you can hear us, we're going to remove the relics. Thumbs up or down to as a yes or no. Should we take all the relics?" Silverstream asks. Discord heard the question and weakly gives the thumbs up. "He said yes!"

"Quickly, before Cozy shows up," Ocellus says. She and her friends go to each of the six relics that are being used to drain all of Equestria's magic.

"Ready?" Sandbar asks.

"Yes!" Everyone shouts.

"One! Two! Three!" The Young Six shouts and pulls on the relics.

The magic bubble containing Discord unleashes all of the magic that was stolen. Discord is free from his containment but, he's too weak to use any of his magic. Yona puts Discord on her back.

"Yona will carry Discord upstairs."

Throughout the land of Equestria, colorful magic orbs go into every creature that lost its ability to use magic. Princess Celestia, Luna, Neighsay, and Royal Guards heading to Ponyville gain their magic back. Twilight and her friends gain their magic back as well. Twilight uses a teleportation spell to get back to the School of Friendship. Cozy Glow decides to check on her prisoner when she sees the magic flowing in Equestria. Rockhoof sees the expression written on Cozy's face.

"Looks like your mission is a failure, lassie," Rockhoof stands his ground.

Cozy gasps. "You were stalling me?!"

"Aye, lassie. You fell for my distraction. I'm aware of what you were trying to do."

Cozy tries to fly away when she is stopped by Princess Celestia, Princess Luna, and Neighsay. Cozy tries flying towards the exit and are met with Twilight and her friends. She gasps and tries to fly high when the Royal Guards surround her. Cozy groans and surrenders.

"Take this one to the deepest darkest pits of Tartarus," Princess Celestia commands her Royal Guard.

"Yes, ma'am," The Royal Guards respond.

The Young Six arrive while carrying Discord. Starlight rushes over to check on Discord.

"How is he?" Starlight asks.

"He's not good," Gallus answers.

"He's weak, and there's so much to tell you, Headmare Starlight," Silverstream said.

"Yona still can't believe that Discord was Spike all this time."

"WHAT?!" Twilight angrily roars. She stomps up to Discord. Discord hears the angry cry and looks up at Twilight. "You have explaining to do."

Everyone around is in shock except for Princess Celestia, Luna, Rockhoof, and the Unity Seven. The only sound every creature hears is Twilight's angry breathing.

PreviousChapters Next