• Published 7th Jan 2021
  • 11,054 Views, 7,083 Comments

Spike the Fairy - PonyJoel

  • ...
55
 7,083
 11,054

PreviousChapters Next
School of Friendship Week One: Detention

It's now 3:00 in the afternoon. Twilight and Rainbow Dash hear the bell ringing, signaling that the first day at the School of Friendship is over. They look at the detention slips as it starts to glow.

"Why is it glowing?" Rainbow asks.

"Could be Discord's doing," Twilight assumes.

The detention slips levitate and go into the floor, creating a red path beam.

"What the hay?" Rainbow is confused.

"I think it's supposed to lead us to the detention room since we don't know where it is." Said Twilight.

"Clever," Rainbow rolls her eyes and follows the red path beam to the detention center.

"I want to say it's for those who'll be going to detention for the first time."

Twilight and Rainbow arrive at the detention center. The two enter inside to see Discord (clone), Spike (Discord), and Starlight Glimmer. They gulp a little while taking their seats.

"Thank you for coming and not ditching detention," Starlight calmly said.

"So, what are we supposed to do in detention?" Rainbow asks.

"Discord, Spike, and I have decided to have you two here for half an hour. It will act as an only warning."

"After the first warning, detention will be an hour for any misbehaved students of the school," Discord (clone) informs.

"While you're here in detention, take the time to reflect on your actions and try to improve better. And, one more thing," Spike (Discord) said.

"Do not question how we teach and don't speak out of turn," Discord (clone), Spike (Discord), and Starlight said in unison.

"Honestly, we took the time to decide what to teach to our students. We came up with our plans and objectives. So, don't be subjective based on what we do to help better students in the understanding of Friendship," Discord (clone) said.

"Hey, Discord. Starlight."

"Yes, Spike?" Starlight replies.

"You two can leave. I'll stay."

"You sure?"

"Yes, Starlight. There is something I want to say to them in private."

"Alright, see you tomorrow, Spike," Starlight and Discord (clone) leave the detention center.

Spike (Discord) takes a long deep breath. He clears his head to focus on what he needs to say.

"When I decided to become a teacher here, I knew you six, will join immediately. I took the opportunity to see if you would better yourselves and embrace the change. Obviously, I stand corrected."

"That's not true! It's only the first day!" Rainbow exclaims.

"On the first day, will you make a good impression of yourself or act like a clown?"

"I'm not a clown!" Rainbow is getting irritated. "You've been targeting us like some sort of.., revenge scheme!"

"I didn't explicitly say who did what to me. I only showed what can happen. Disco and I were doing prank lessons to show what is exceptional and what isn't. Your pranks on me throughout the years have been brutal but, I didn't say what you did in my class, did I?"

"Well, uh.., no. No, you didn't..," Rainbow sighs.

"Also, it should entice you to learn what pranks you can scheme that'll be fun for all and not inflict pain on the victim. So you won't hurt the creature's feelings."

Rainbow sighs. "You're right. And my pranks have gotten out of hoof at times. I need to control myself better."

"And change for the better," Spike (Discord) sighs heavily. "I may not want to be friends with you cause I still need time to forgive you. I want you to change, not for me but for yourself. Become a better you. For some changes to occur, reflecting on the past will help."

Rainbow Dash nods. "Then, you weren't targeting us..."

"No. You made yourself an open target. I never said what you did to me when I was teaching. When I called you to answer, I was testing you to see if you'll take the initiative step on your road to redemption. Obviously, I saw you taking a turn in prolonging the simple answer. Then, you made a mockery of yourself and your friends in the class."

Rainbow Dash lowers her head as she failed the first day already. Twilight understands Spike's teaching methods better. It's a hurdle for her and her friends to overcome to become better friends for all creatures.

"The question is, you want history to repeat itself?"

"No way," Rainbow Dash quickly answers Spike's question. "I will succeed in improving myself starting tomorrow. No matter how painful the lessons are, it's a good reminder of who I once was and who I want to be going forward."

"Good, Rainbow," Spike (Discord) turns to Twilight. "What about you?"

Twilight sighs. "I need to accept how things are within the School and make an effort to change myself for the better. I was so excited earlier today about becoming a student; I wind up becoming a tyrant in class."

"According to Discord and Starlight, you have. Interrupting the class and wasting time is not a good way to better your image. I want to forgive you for your actions and want to see you change for the better. I can't because of how scarred I am, and you're showing me signs that you don't want to change your ways. You're seeking to take control and do things your way in the School. You lost your privileges to that. Also, the School of Friendship is for teaching every creature what Friendship is. It can't be the pony's way of teaching. Pony Friendship is flawed, and I should know. I experienced it my whole life, disregarding other creatures and being suspicious while ponies get the benefit of the doubt. It has to be the creature's way of teaching. So every creature can be together as one in unity. Every creature can embrace and share the same qualities of trust while keeping their guard up. Ponies seem to lower their guard with other ponies but not creatures. That's the area that needs fixing. Remember how Thorax was treated at the Crystal Empire?"

"Yes, I remember, Spike," Twilight remembers how that day went.

"Everypony never gave Thorax a chance to explain because he was different from Pony Kind. If he was a Pony, how do you think he'll be treated?"

"With open hooves and hearing his story..," Twilight said admittingly.

"Exactly. Remember the Zecora incident weeks after we moved into Ponyville."

Twilight sighs heavily, remembering that moment. "Yes."

"What did everypony do?"

"Go into hiding because she's different."

"And if Zecora was a Pony?"

"Greetings, welcomings, and let's be friends immediately."

"That's Pony Friendship right there. That is not needed going forward. That's one of the sole reasons why the Bar of Alliance was formed. The Friendship Ponies have, they don't want it. The Elements of Harmony is solely focused on Pony Kind. Teaching what the Elements of Harmony representation is important but, other qualities needs to be taught first. Do you understand?"

Twilight nods as she needs to rethink her logic way of thinking towards Friendship. Rainbow Dash has a lot to study to better herself as a friend and as a better pony.

"I would appreciate if you tell this to Pinkie, Rarity, Fluttershy, and Applejack. They should know and understand what the School will be instructing going forward. Also, to reflect on their experiences on treating some creatures versus all of Pony Kind."

"We will, Spike," Twilight and Rainbow said in unison.

Spike (Discord) smiles and sighs in relief. "Good. I hope you learn something from detention. I hope to never have to sign you up or see you here for the rest of the semester. I will say it's nice seeing you," Spike (Discord) leaves the detention center.

Twilight and Rainbow Dash leave the detention center. As they leave, they see Spike talking with Discord. Discord snaps his claw teleporting Spike home to the Crystal Empire. Twilight now knows that Spike doesn't intend on coming back to the Castle as a teacher. Twilight and Rainbow Dash takes flight and flies to Sugarcube Corner to meet up with Pinkie Pie. To inform her what they learned in detention.

PreviousChapters Next