• Published 7th Jan 2021
  • 11,115 Views, 7,093 Comments

Spike the Fairy - PonyJoel

  • ...
55
 7,093
 11,115

PreviousChapters Next
Unwanted Visitor

It's been months since Cozy Glow left C.E.W. Crystal Empire Ward; She lives with Rarity and Sweetie Belle in Ponyville. Many ponies and creatures were unnerved by her arrival. Cozy apologizes to every creature living in Ponyville and will take any punishment they see fit. Filthy Rich, Diamond Tiara, and Silver Spoon told the townsfolk that during Midnight's wrath upon Ponyville, Cozy Glow saved their lives. Pinkie Pie, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, and Fluttershy vouched for Cozy Glow. They reminded every creature that at some point. A second chance to atone is all they need.

Rarity spends most of her day working on new dresses for an epic comeback in the fashion world while having family time with Sweetie Belle and Cozy Glow. Cozy Glow explained to Sweetie Belle that her cutie mark appeared when she started to think like a tactician. Sweetie Belle advises Cozy Glow to become somewhat like her parents; To lead an army into battle with her clever tactics. Cozy Glow resented the idea of following in her parents' hoofsteps but will consider it down the road.

Cozy Glow is familiar with the Cutie Mark Crusaders, but now she's an honorary member. The four have fun, try new things in life, and help any pony or creature that needs comfort or encouragement. Cozy Glow met with several of her classmates from the School of Friendship and reconnected with them. She explains her life story and how she reformed with the help of good ponies. They welcomed Cozy Glow into their friendship.

For the first time in a long time, Cozy Glow found peace with herself. If only she could share that with her first friend, Lord Tirek. Despite his rudeness and evil-natured personality, he listened to what Cozy had said and read many letters to keep in contact. She wishes that Lord Tirek would embrace the goodness the world has to offer.

Today is Friday. Today is a day that Rarity is all out of gemstones.

"Girls, I'm off to gather gemstones for my next latest fashion design. Would you like to come with me?" Rarity asks Sweetie Belle and Cozy Glow in the kitchen.

"I'll go," Cozy said.

"Headmare Glimmer wants all teachers to assemble for a meeting, Rarity. That includes counselors as well. I'm meeting with Apple Bloom and Scootaloo at the school in an hour. Another time, I'll join you, Rarity."

"Have fun, Sweetie Belle," Rarity smiles. She turns to Cozy Glow. "I'll gather my things, and we'll get going."

"Sounds good," Cozy said. She eats her waffles.

An hour later. Rarity and Cozy Glow are on their way to the mountains. The exact location where Rarity once brought an exceedingly amount gemstones with her friends years ago.

"Alright, I'm hoping to find the jackpot with gemstones around the area," Rarity said. She's using her magic to track gemstones.

"Is it safe to be out here?" Cozy Glow asks. She's unsure about being this far out of civilization.

"So, I haven't been out here in years, but no need to fret. This area of the region is a hotspot for finding gemstones. I know today we'll hit the jackpot!" Rarity gets a little too excited. She finds her first stash of gemstone under the ground. "Found it."

Cozy and Rarity dig the ground and pick up different colored gemstones. They place them into the wagon they brought.

"I did the count. From what we dug, we found twenty," Cozy said.

"Not enough. I need hundreds more for my latest design," Rarity spell picks up another batch of gemstones. Rarity follows to where they are hiding.

Cozy follows while bringing the shovels. Rarity's spell reveals a hefty portion of gemstones. Rarity and Cozy Glow start digging.

"Jackpot!" Cozy shouts. She gives Rarity an oversize amount of gemstones.

"Oh, my," Rarity's eyes glitter due to the size of the gemstones. "I need to break these gemstones into smaller quantities."

Cozy Glow does a count after Rarity places the gemstones into the wagon. "We have fifty in total."

"Even when I break them, I still won't have enough. We must keep finding," Rarity's spell gets attracted to a new batch not far from the position. "I have a lock on a new batch," Rarity trots ten feet to the next haul of gemstones. "Wow."

Cozy Glow trots to see what appears to be hundreds of gemstones that stretch wide, all in different shapes and sizes. Cozy and Rarity start digging. However, their digging has attracted familiar faces.

"Gemstones..," A Diamond Dog rises from the ground. "My precious," He chuckles.

"No.., not you ruffians again!" Rarity remembers the last encounter.

Another Diamond Dog rises from the ground. "We've taken classes to deal with whiny complaining ponies like you."

More Diamond Dogs rise from the ground. "This is payback from hurting our ears!" They laugh.

"This doesn't look good," Cozy Glow sees more Diamond Dogs rising from the ground. They intend on surrounding her and Rarity.

"Oh, I got this," Rarity coughs. "Oh, why are you ganging up on mmmmmph!" A Diamond Dog jumps from behind to muzzle Rarity.

"Hahahaha," Rover, the leader of the Diamond Dogs. "We've been practicing for this outcome. You'll help us find gemstones forever, yes?"

A brolic Diamond Dog picks up Cozy Glow. "Or, we'll crush these wings and make you eat them!"

"You? Harming a defenseless child?" Cozy Glow gets muzzled by a Diamond Dog before finishing her statement. She was going to manipulate them.

"We don't care. Ponies whine and complain, trying to undermine everything. Not this time," Rover laughs.

"We took lessons from Iron Will about being assertive," Spot said.

Fido whacks Spot. "Did you have to tell them everything we do?"

Rarity groans in her head. The mere mention of Iron Will makes her cringe. Cozy looks around and notices Dragons flying nearby; She backhoof the brolic Diamond Dog into letting her go and flees to the wagon.

"Don't let that pony get away!" Rover commands.

Diamond Dogs chase after Cozy Glow. They tackle her after she tosses a gemstone high in the sky.

"Got her, boss!" A Diamond Dog Guard pins Cozy Glow. She growls in her muzzle.

"Good work," Rover turns to Rarity. "Time to be our precious little pony, yes?"

"Dude, we're late for the party in District Ten," Garble said. He's flying with Charcoal and Clump.

"Hey, we need to teach Spike how to be a Dragon; That's why we're going to introduce him into the sweet sensation of eating gemstones," Clump said.

"Hey, free snack!" Charcoal catches the ruby gemstone.

"Huh, where did that come from?" Garble and Clump ponder a bit. The two look down.

"We got ponies in distress. Let's get those punks!" Garble leads the charge; he, Clump, and Charcoal land in front of the Diamond Dogs.

"Ah! Dragons?" The Diamond Dogs turn to the Dragons.

"Let's pound them," Two brolic Diamond Dogs have their spears, preparing to battle Garble, Clump, and Charcoal.

"Aw, how cute? The puppies think they can handle a Dragon?" Clump mocks the Diamond Dogs.

"Get them!" Rover commands. He points at the Dragons.

The Diamond Dogs bark and charge at Clump. Garble and Charcoal side steps, allowing their friend to use his earth magic.

"Rock Spike!" Clump slams his fist on the ground hard. The force of the slam causes rock spikes to rise from the ground. The Diamond Dogs get launched into the air and land on their backs hard.

Rover gasps. "Since when Dragons can use such force?"

"If I were you, boneheads, I run," Garble ignites his body in Hellfire. "I'm fired up, now."

"Retreat!" Rover doesn't want to get scorched. He and the Diamond Dogs whimper and flee from the overpowered Dragons.

Charcoal removes the muzzles off of Cozy Glow and Rarity. "What were you two doing?"

"Gathering gemstones. I didn't think the Diamond Dogs would be a nuisance after the last encounter," Rarity replies.

"Bummer. Need some help?" Garble asks Rarity.

"We can work together on gathering gemstones," Charcoal said.

"That'll be delightful. Come along," Rarity's spell goes off the chart due to Clump's magic for elevating the earth. Gemstones are everywhere.

The Dragons, Rarity, and Cozy Glow collected enough gemstones. They spent two hours gathering while the Diamond Dogs watched from a distance. They watched the Ponies and Dragons go their separate ways. They growl in anger since they are hopeless to pose a threat.

"Those monsters. Always taking our precious gems," Rover bitterly expresses.

"Seems we have a common enemy."

"Who said that?" Rover and the Diamond Dogs turn to see the figure wearing a dark cloak.

"What are you?" Rover, Fido, and Spot ask.

"I have many names. However, we must discuss elsewhere."

"Our caves down below will provide much privacy, yes?" Rover asks the stranger.

"Very well. Proceed to the caves."

Rover and the Diamond Dogs escort their new friend down below. The stranger drags the important tool it snagged from the Crystal Castle.

PreviousChapters Next