• Published 7th Jan 2021
  • 11,050 Views, 7,083 Comments

Spike the Fairy - PonyJoel

  • ...
55
 7,083
 11,050

PreviousChapters Next
A Cold Storm: Aftermath

The Friendship Festival lasted all night. Everypony and creature that celebrated a momentous victory is heading home. With the Storm King defeated, Princess Twilight Sparkle has another challenge that awaits her, revealing to the Princesses what went down on her adventure after seeing how sad and distressed Spike was before Songbird Senerade sang.

Princess Twilight Sparkle is heading towards the throne room. She takes a deep breath, unsure how the Princesses will react once they hear the whole store of her adventure, especially the lies she made throughout the trip. Twilight Sparkle takes another deep breath and enters the throne room. She sees Princess Celestia and Luna talking with Queen Novo.

"Please excuse us, Queen Novo. Princess Twilight is present and, we would like to have a word with her," Princess Celestia formally address.

"Understood," Queen Novo nods. "I have to take Skystar back home. She's grounded for the stunt she pulled tonight."

"Understood. It was great seeing you once more, my friend," Princess Celestia smiles.

Queen Novo leaves the throne room. She, her guards, and Princess Skystar take flight back to the kingdom on Mount Aris. Princess Celestia's smile faded as she turns to Twilight. Princess Luna gazes at Twilight. Twilight feels uncomfortable as she takes deep breathes to calm herself. Twilight's heartbeats rapidly while she has butterflies in her stomach. The thought of mentioning Spike during the adventure is excruciating enough. It feels like at any moment. She could have a heart attack.

"Princess Twilight Sparkle," Princess Celestia takes a deep breath. She steadies her mind to embrace the outcome of Twilight's speech. "What happened during your latest adventure. And, why was Spike distraught when we were free from our petrification prison?"

Twilight bit her lip. The fear of telling the truth is overwhelming. Should she lie to the Princesses again? No. Someone would eventually reveal her secrets. Twilight looks down, ready to be banished to the moon for lying. She shakes her head as it's too much to bear.

"Twilight," Princess Celestia announces, snapping Twilight out of her trance.

"Well, you see-" Twilight gets interrupted by Discord (clone).

"Surprise!" Discord walks in as confetti explodes behind him. "Did I miss the show?"

"Discord? What are you doing here?" Princess Luna asks.

"Well, I have something to inform you after my talk with Spike. Right before he went to bed."

Twilight's eyes beam wide open in horror. She steps back a bit. Princess Celestia catches Twilight's reaction the moment Discord mentions Spike's name. The worst is yet to come, and it hasn't begun for Twilight.

"Really? Also, the Friendship Festival ended a while ago. Sorry, but you missed it. Twilight told us that you decided not to show, in terms that your chaos wouldn't cause complications with other species if they were to come."

Discord's (clone) jaw drops to the floor then his body starts to boil and turn red. That was a clear indication that there was some deception from Princess Twilight Sparkle.

"You have got to be joking, right?" Discord (clone) turns to Twilight. His eyes are fiery.

"It's.., uh..," Twilight is lost for words.

"Well, let me tell you what Twilight said to me a while ago," Discord pulls up a movie projector and plugs the wire into his brain. The movie reveals their lengthy conversation about Discord's presence at the Friendship Festival.

"Twilight.., how could you..?" Princess Celestia sounds disappointed. She's lost for words.

"Princess.., I'm-" Discord cuts out Twilight again.

"You're not sorry. You never were until you got in trouble. Also, you lied to the Princesses and Spike. Princesses are honorable, Twilight."

"I can't believe you rejected Discord, Twilight. Is he not your friend?" Luna asks in a bit of disgust from Twilight Sparkle.

"Yes! He is my friend!" Twilight exclaims.

"Doesn't look like it to me," Said Discord (clone), pointing to the part when Twilight said; Look. I don't want you. I don't need you when trying to make peace with another species. "That hurt me more than you'll ever know."

"I understand your frustrations, Discord." Princess Luna states.

"Wait, it gets better," Discord points out another statement Twilight said; "With all due respect, Discord," Twilight sighs. "You're not needed for today's Friendship Festival. I'm the Princess of Friendship. I need to set an example with Ponies and Dragons. Not Draqonecuus."

"I'm not needed? A creature that represents all species combined is not wanted? Twilight made it clear what a one-sided friendship is. When she told me about meeting up with her friends, she didn't say ours. She said hers and, it's insulting to me."

"Very understandable, Draqonecuus," Said Princess Luna.

"What else, Discord?" Asked Princess Celestia, eager to know what else Twilight said to him.

"Twilight didn't say much after I left. She barred me from going to the Festival. Ever felt insignificant in front of your friends like that?"

"Nay," Princess Luna and Celestia shook their heads.

"Well, should I tell you what Spike told me, or should Twilight do it?" Discord (clone) turns to Twilight. Discord's stare causes Twilight to pant. She's afraid of hurting the Princesses' feelings evermore.

"I asked Twilight to speak. If she cannot, then, by all means, speak what Spike told you."

"After running away from Tempest, my friends and I ran into Spike. We fell after my magic beam got deflected by a Storm Creature, causing the bridge we were on to collapse. After getting to safety, Spike asked if Discord could help. After lying to you and him during the briefing of the Crystal Empire becoming a more independent nation, I lied to Spike and my friends about Discord and why he won't be coming."

Discord (clone) puts a paw on his face. He can't believe what he's hearing, feeling conflicted that Twilight lied to her friends and Spike. Though he already knew what went down, he still needs to sell his acting like he's surprised and stupefy.

"We went onward to the badlands after I remembered what you said. Queen of the Hippos which, was later corrected as Queen of the Hippogriff. Pinkie Pie drew a lot of unwelcome attention until we made a new friend. Then Tempest found us, and we were on the move. Pinkie," Twilight gulps. "Pinkie pounced on a tight rope, nearly causing Spike to fall and hold onto the rope for dear life when boarding an airship..,"

"He didn't tell me about that part. That Pinkie Pie almost got him killed when Rainbow Dash grabbed the rope," Said Discord (clone).

"The airship we boarded used to be a Storm King merchandised airship delivering goods until Rainbow Dash inspired them to resort to their Pirate glory days. It helped until Rainbow Dash performed the Sonic Rainboom, exposing our positions which made Spike infuriated. Even I was not fond of Rainbow Dash's reckless stunt. Spike actually back claws Rainbow Dash in the face and scolded her. I didn't see it at first but, Spike was getting angry. Spike complained that we were going to get him killed before they do. Then, Tempest's ship boarded Captain Celaeno's ship and interrogated her and her crewmates. I devised an escape plan by creating a hot air balloon while free-falling. Spike was livid after the stunt and..,"

"What?" Celestia said. "What happened next, Twilight?"

The idea of revealing what happened is unbearable. Twilight wishes that Discord wasn't here.

"The better question is, why was Spike livid?" Discord (clone) asks, applying pressure for Twilight to confess.

"To..," Twilight looks at the Princesses' eyes. She starts trembling in fear. Knowing her next part of the story could be the death penalty. Twilight balls up a little as fear is overwhelming her.

"Allow me," Discord (clones) spawns a podium to speak in front of the Princesses. He coughs and gathers all the notes he needs. "For Twilight to create a hot air balloon, she had all the components except for fire. A long sheet, rope, and a large basket to fit everyone in are what she used. As for fire," Discord (clone) coughs as it's uncomfortable to say. He displays a deplorable look, indicating how serious his comment is going to be.

"Please, the suspense is killing me," Said Celestia. She's in dire need of knowing what happened to Spike.

"Don't delay any further. Please, spill it, Draqonecuus," Said Luna.

Discord (clone) sighs heavily. "Twilight squeezed Spike's body so hard for him to breathe fire that'll sustain the hot air balloon."

Princess Celestia and Luna's jaws drop in utter shock. They are horrified to hear what Twilight has done to Spike. Princess Celestia's facial features an oh why look. Princess Luna could only turn away from Twilight.

"As a result of squeezing his body vigorously and not compromising," Discord (clone) takes a deep breath that showed how serious the result is. A tear shed as he looks directly at the Princesses' eyes. "Spike winds up coughing blood..."

Twilight hears the loudest bloodcurdling shriek of her life from her mentor. Never in her life, she ever heard Celestia shriek emotionally like that. Princess Luna closes her eyes like giving someone a moment of silence in the wakening of death. Twilight knows she's going to suffer a lot of consequences when this is all over. Princess Celestia can imagine the anger and sadness Spike must have felt. The pony that raised Spike; abandoned him, just made him bled. She sniffs as she's hurt. Hurt in the sense that Twilight is going astray and Spike continues to suffer.

"I'm terribly sorry for the grotesque info about Spike's unfortunate injury," Said Discord (clone), as he too shed some tears. "Shall I continue?"

"What else happened to Spike," Luna asks since Celestia lost for words.

"Spike shouted at Rarity for complaining too much. He winded up being in a body of a blowfish while Twilight and the others became seaponies. Twilight lied in front of Spike about stealing the pearl. Spike's anger grew throughout everything as sheer luck was on Twilight and her friends' side. Pinkie Pie forced him into a gigantic party cannon hurling towards the castle. Other things do happen but, it's not worth mentioning."

Princess Celestia and Luna cover their face with hooves. Twilight remains silent. All she can do is look down in shame and defeat. The worst is not even over.

"Spike told me he doesn't want to see Princess Twilight Sparkle nor her friends for the rest of his life. After that adventure," Discord (clone) said. Lying from his tongue but, he sounded like the most honest creature in the room.

"Granted," Princess Celestia, with no explanation precepts.

"What?!" Twilight shrieks, breaking her silence.

"Seriously, Celestia?" Discord (clone) is appalled by Celestia's decree.

"I will not allow Spike to suffer anymore," Princess Celestia is in tears a little. She is furious. "Princess Twilight Sparkle, I hereby suspend your entitlement as Princess of Friendship for six months."

"What?!" Twilight is in utter shock with this revelation, her jaw drops.

"I hereby suspend you and your friends of any royal duties that inquiries of the Crystal Empire and Canterlot. Also, you and your friends will not come in close contact with Spike behind my back. If I receive word from Discord, Princess Cadance, Shining Armor, or Spike on any attempts to come close contact with Spike or write a letter to him, I will strip you of being a Princess of Equestria permanently."

Twilight wanted to cry. She wanted to ball her eyes out and plea with the Princesses for forgiveness and redemption. Princess Celestia has never been more disappointed in Twilight to a degree of disowning her as a future Princess of Equestria.

"Twilight Sparkle and her friends are barred from entering Canterlot unless it's dire when facing a ravenous villain," Princess Luna added.

"You have a lot of thinking to do, Twilight Sparkle. You and your friends on how to treat other creatures fair and equal. Perhaps Starlight can give you a lecture on how friends are supposed to be?" Princess Celestia coldly states. She closes her eyes as turns away. "Twilight, you are dismissed. Please, leave Canterlot."

Twilight trots out of the throne room. A celebrated victory has turned into shame and disgrace.

"What am I going to do..?" Twilight looks down as she leaves Canterlot castle.

Discord (clone) turns to the Princesses. "With Twilight suspended as Princess, what do you have in mind as a temporary replacement?"

"Starlight Glimmer has shown promises to become an Ambassador of Friendship for all of Equestria. She will be our guide in uniting Equestria with the Bar of Alliance. Ember and Thorax are great friends with Starlight Glimmer. She's our best option in maintaining any peace within the other nations, Discord."

"Should I tell her that?" Discord (clone) asks.

"Please do," Princess Celestia nods. "Tell Starlight to head to the Crystal Empire tomorrow."

"I'm on it," Discord (clone) leaves the throne room by opening a passageway from the ceiling then closes the door.

"Luna," Celestia turns to her sister.

"Yes, Celestia?" Luna responds.

"We're going to the Crystal Empire tomorrow. We're going to check on Spike then discuss with the Bar of Alliance."

"Understood," Luna hugs her sister as Celestia cries a bit. The heartbreaking news of Spike coughing out blood is too much to bear when she imagined it.

An hour later, Discord arrives in Starlight's room in the Castle of Friendship. Starlight walks in after taking a plate of cookies and milk to her room.

"Discord?" Starlight is perplexed on why Discord is here.

"Before you ask, Celestia sent me here."

"Okay," Starlight sees the intense side of Discord which is rare for her to witness. "So, what does Princess Celestia want?"

Discord reveals to Starlight what has gone down during the past few days and everything Spike endured in full detail. Starlight becomes awestruck and disheartened with the news about Spike coughing out blood. Discord also reveals the punishments Twilight and her friends will have. Starlight can't believe that Twilight is suspended in her role as a Princess.

"Which comes down to this. Since you have a strong bond with Thorax and Ember, Princess Celestia has asked me to make you an Ambassador of Friendship for Equestria."

Starlight is dumbfounded with the revelation of becoming an Ambassador of Friendship. She looks at the ceiling in disbelief, then turns to Discord.

"I'll accept the offer if it means that Equestria will be spared from future wars," Starlight said.

"Excellent. Tomorrow, we'll be going to the Crystal Empire to discuss the matter. Also, to check on Spike and see how's he doing overall."

"Of course," Starlight nods.

"I'll be here tomorrow to pick you up," Discord (clone) leaves Starlight's room after taking two cookies from her plate.

"Wow," Starlight gets in her bed. "Ambassador of Friendship for Equestria. Who would have thought?" Starlight lays on her bed. "So many responsibilities lie in my hooves for all of Equestria. Celestia, Luna.., guide me through all my decisions for what's best for Equestria," Starlight uses her magic to levitate a cookie and eats it. "I hope you sleep well, Spike. Sorry for what you've endured during those times."

PreviousChapters Next