• Published 7th Jan 2021
  • 10,894 Views, 7,082 Comments

Spike the Fairy - PonyJoel

  • ...
55
 7,082
 10,894

PreviousChapters Next
Crystal Castle Meeting

Empress Ember and Princess Celestia arrive in the Crystal Castle. The two can tell they did not have a good night's rest.

"Any idea who's behind the attack on my kin?" Ember irately asks.

"Midnight Sparkle," Princess Celestia formally expresses.

"HOW?!" Ember snorts.

"It appears Fairy Dragon didn't finish her. From what I've seen on the tapes at Canterlot Ward, Midnight Sparkle saved an essence of herself and her guild, Demon Tail."

"Those punks we fought, those were her members of the guild?" Ember didn't know that Midnight Sparkle originally formed a dark guild. It makes sense with the demonic natures Storm King, Lord Tirek, Cozy Glow, and King Sombra possessed.

"Yes," Princess Celestia sadly sighs. "She struck my sister after possessing Rarity in Canterlot Ward."

"So, she's persistence on getting Spike the Fairy and restarting time?"

"Yes. Midnight Sparkle can target anyone due to a relic she owns. The relic is known as Grogar's Bell."

"What would that do?" Ember asks Celestia.

"Chiming Grogar's Bell will remove all magic and strength within any creature and transfer the magic into the Bell or the wielder's body. I have a theory Midnight Sparkle may try to uplift the magic of the Mirror Pool and restore her army. However, I'm wary about the Bell's magic on Earth Land magic."

Two Crystal Guards escort Princess Celestia and Empress Ember to the meeting room. It's only them, Princess Cadance and Shining Armor.

"Where's the rest of the Bar of Alliance members?" Ember thought Thorax, Prince Rutherford, and Gilda would make an appearance.

"I wrote the letters late and fell out. I'll write letters to inform everyone after our discussion," Princess Cadance said. She looks a bit better than a few hours ago.

"I issued a decree that no pony within the Crystal Empire to venture elsewhere. The Crystal Heart will protect us from Midnight Sparkle," Shining Armor said.

"You invoke Martial Law, Shining?" Princess Celestia asks.

"If things in Equestria gets worse, I will declare Martial Law. We can't allow Midnight Sparkle to gain magic power from any creature. I would advise the dragons to come to the Crystal Empire as well as the Changelings. Safety in numbers."

"Shining, last we recall, Midnight Sparkle and her forces dominated us. What chance do we have?" A Crystal Guard in the room asks. He's concerned about history repeating twice.

"Spike the Fairy has unlocked our potential. Every Dragon can use magic power, and we've been practicing since. We are prepared to fight and defend any creature that needs it. I will issue a decree that Dragons reside in the Crystal Empire until further notice. Any Dragon in the dorm of the School of Friendship is to remain in numbers wherever they go."

"I'll prepare the rooms in the castle for your Dragons. We have plenty of room to house them. I'm sure many Crystal Ponies won't mind housing some," Princess Cadance decrees.

"Thank you," Ember smiles at Princess Cadance's gesture. "You think Discord can bring the dragons shattered whole again?"

"I'm not sure. I'll have to ask Discord if there's a difference of uplifting petrification magic on other creatures than his clones," Princess Celestia said.

"Very well, I hope he can restore my Dragons. May I see the Dragons that are shattered?"

"Follow us," Princess Cadance and Shining Armor said in unison. They escort Ember and Princess Celestia to a different room where the Crystal Guards are still assembling the shards.

"Oh no..," Ember recognizes the heads of Garble and Charcoal. "Smolder is going to flip when I inform her of Garble's condition," Ember is concerned about what Smolder may do next in retribution.

"Or you can say he's on a mission," A Crystal Guard suggests.

"No. I refuse to hide any secrets from my kin. Especially when a threat is upon us once more; By now, Smolder will be hanging out with her friends since school starts in a few days."

"I can write a letter to Twilight and have her deliver it to Smolder if you want?"

"No, Celestia. I should bring the bearer of bad news to my subject," Ember flaps her wings. "Any other relic that Midnight could go after, bring it here to the Crystal Empire. When she realizes that all other forms of magic are in our possession, she'll have no choice but to come here. Then, we can end her madness once and for all."

"However, Midnight Sparkle is in possession of Rarity. We need to separate the demons out of Rarity's body," Princess Celestia said.

"Know anyone that can exorcise demons or perform the magic of that aspect?" Shining Armor asks Princess Celestia.

"There are spells I know, and I'm sure Starswirl the Bearded knows. I'll bring him and the Pillars here."

"I'll send word to every kingdom within the Bar of Alliance. Also, Queen Novo should come here to the Crystal Empire with her Magic Pearl. I suspect Midnight Sparkle may travel to Mount Aris. I remember the story Discord told me while disguised as Spike about the adventure he embarked."

Princess Celestia groans. She remembers the lie Discord mentioned about Spike coughing blood. "That story he told and the show of display he performed as Spike still gets to me. The day when he said Spike coughed blood, and I believed it."

"Have you forgiven Discord for what he did while disguised as Spike?" Ember asks out of curiosity.

"I have. However, there are some actions I'm not fond of what Discord did. I will admit, I'm glad that Discord opened our eyes to see the neglect I and everypony did when Spike was suffering. Discord's actions led to a better utopia for all creatures to come closer together. It opened my eyes to becoming a better Princess. I get to start over with another Twilight and Spike. I vowed I won't be making foolish decisions."

"That's good. I will say I won't be forgiving Midnight Sparkle for her actions. She crossed the point of no return. Willing to kill any creature for power and her desires. It's wrong that she shows no pity or respect for what she's doing."

Princess Celestia sadly sighs. "I understand, Ember. I'm sure no one would forgive Midnight for the horror and treachery she committed."

"I can't look at my sister the same. After seeing what she's done to Spike the Fairy and his friends during the Tartaros war; Especially, taking Fairy Rage away from Spike. She planned to remove Fairy Rage no matter the cost and killed Erza Scarlett. She was willing to strip Spike's happiness entirely for her sake."

"After watching more of Spike the Fairy's memories, I'm not sure if I can forgive Midnight Sparkle. The Twilight I knew is long gone. The Twilight we have now, I'm happy to have her in my life."

"Sir," A Crystal Guard intervenes in their conversation. "Twilight Velvet and Night Light will be arriving at the Castle later today."

"Uh oh," Princess Cadance turns to her husband.

Shining Armor pupils shrink after hearing that. He forgot he invited his parents for a family day with Flurry Heart. Twilight and Spike will be arriving later in the day as well. Shining Armor faints a second later.

"Who's Twilight Velvet and Night Light?" Ember asks.

"Shining Armor's parents. There will be a lot to explain to them. I better get going," Princess Celestia leaves the meeting room.

"Is he going to be alright?" Ember wonders a bit. She's concerned when the topic of explaining to parents becomes an issue.

"Well, I'm not so sure. Shining was fine when telling the truth to his folks the first time; I think the second time will not be the same scenario."

"Well," Ember steps back a bit. "I better get going. I need to inform Smolder about her brother," Ember flies out the window of the meeting room.

Flurry Heart starts crying. "Shining, I'll be right back. Flurry needs me," Princess Cadance leaves Shining be and tends to her daughter.

PreviousChapters Next