• Published 7th Jan 2021
  • 11,120 Views, 7,093 Comments

Spike the Fairy - PonyJoel

  • ...
55
 7,093
 11,120

PreviousChapters Next
Preparing for the New Semester

It's 7:30 in the morning in Ponyville. Starlight Glimmer wakes up after hearing her alarms go off. She uses her magic to turn it off. "A new day for the School of Friendship!" Starlight gets up and trots to the bathroom to freshen up for the day.

Trixie and Maud are in the kitchen having breakfast. Sunburst is making coffee in the kitchen while Rockhoof is telling stories about his golden age back home.

"So, with Twilight out of the picture, will Applejack, Rarity, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, and Fluttershy be coming to school for the new semester?" Trixie asks. She's curious to know if they intend on showing up.

"I don't know. Maybe Starlight does," Sunburst says, answering Trixie's questions.

"Pinkie Pie is flooded with birthday parties today. She won't be attending school," Maud answers.

"Alright, four outta five may come to the school," Rockhoof said. "I can't wait to teach the lads and lassies about being determined and courageous later today."

"I'll start today's class with a listening session," Maud said.

"Hmm, I may take a page from Earth Land Spike about building character with your friends," Sunburst says.

"Trixie will do the same but with teamwork exercises."

"I wonder what Discord will be doing," Rockhoof thinks about the possibilities that Discord may do for his class.

"Only time will tell, Rockhoof," Sunburst says.

"Speaking of time," Starlight enters the kitchen. "When will Starswirled the Bearded come to the castle, Rockhoof?"

"Sometime later this week. Starswirled is gathering his friends after I mentioned to him what happened when Discord got exposed."

"Good grief," Starlight imagines what Starswirld is thinking. "Do any of you mind spoilers from what Princess Luna showed me?"

"What did she showed you, lassie?" Rockhoof asks.

"Spike's memories in Earth Land and all of his adventures."

"What did the wee lad come up against?" Rockhoof gets a little excited.

"From what we saw yesterday, there is a ton of action and drama that'll make anyone wanting to switch places with Spike," Sunburst answers.

"Please, tell me," Rockhoof is over the moon with excitement.

Starlight spends an hour telling Rockhoof what Spike endured during his first few weeks on Earth Land. Rockhoof already has some ideas to compare for his teachings down the road.

"Well, enough about Spike's memories. If you wish to see more, go by to Pinkie's movie night. She's hosting one every other night to see more about Spike's life in Earth Land," Starlight says.

"I will remember that, lassie. Well, I'm on my way to the school. With an hour remaining, I'm going to set up the class," Rockhoof leaves the kitchen.

"We should all go and prepare. With the possibility of new students coming into the fray, a quick review session would help them catch up with my curriculum," Sunburst says.

"I agree," Maud gets up and leaves.

"Trixie concurs. The show must go on," Trixie leaves the kitchen.

"Alright, I'll catch up with you all in a bit," Starlight said. She goes back to her room and prepares for today's new school day.

It's now 9:00 in the morning. Discord wakes up feeling sore. Sunset Shimmer and the Dazzlings are having breakfast. Sunset feels nervous about going to the School of Friendship. The Dazzlings can relate to her in more ways than another.

"It's going to be a challenge. I'm sure today will go smooth," Sonata said, eating her breakfast burrito.

"Please don't talk with your mouth full, Sonata. It's disgusting," Aria said, eating her scrambled eggs.

"Looks who's talking," Adagio said, eating her grilled cheese sandwich.

"It's just..," Sunset sighs heavily. "I was spending my summer vacation when I promised to call my friend back about going to this BBQ at the beach. I never got back to her because of Princess Twilight Sparkle guilt-tripping me to come back to Equestria. It was all for nothing since the Bar of Alliance is at peace with Spike's happiness. Am I wrong for feeling like this? Considering that I was technically robbing the life of a different Sunset Shimmer?"

"It's a hard concept to think about, Sunset. Identity theft is a serious crime in that other world," Adagio said.

"We didn't see our duplicates in that world so, they could have died off centuries ago," Sonata said.

"Sonata, not helping!" Aria said.

"Did the other Sunset Shimmer died because of me..?" Sunset Shimmer feels guiltier.

"Nice going, genius," Adagio is unhappy with Sonata's remarks.

"Do you want to go back?" Aria asks Sunset Shimmer.

"Yes! No! I don't know!" Sunset Shimmer can't make up her mind. She's going stir-crazy just thinking about it.

Discord comes downstairs when he hears the commotion about Sunset Shimmer and the other world. He decides to create a curriculum to teach based on her feelings. Perhaps, by learning the lesson, Sunset Shimmer could have the answers she seeks. Discord walks into the kitchen.

"Morning, ladies. Had a good rest?" Discord turns to each of his roommates.

"It was splendid, Discord," Aria said.

"I had a great sleep! I dreamt about riding on a flying taco!" Sonata shouts a bit.

"I had a good sleep and good dream," In Adagio's dream, she dreamt about being with Gallus.

"It was okay, I guess," Sunset answers. She sounds sad.

"How are you feeling, Sunset? Nervous about the first day of the new school year?" Discord asks.

"You can say that," Sunset drinks her cup of coffee.

"Well, as a teacher at the School of Friendship, I need to get going. That means you're coming with me as well. Starting now!" Discord snaps his claw. He teleports his friends to the cafeteria where the Unity Seven are having their breakfast. "Look, you have friends by the table over there," Discord points at them. "Hook up and have fun. I'll be going to Headmare Glimmer's office."

"So, are you going to do this every day, Discord?" Adagio asks. So she knows his game plan.

"Yes. Every school day, I'll be doing this. Better get used to it," Discord hovers to Headmare Glimmer's office for the meeting taking place at 9:35.

"Typical," Adagio said. "Well, let's go say hi to our friends."

Sonata has already beat Adagio to it. She's sitting with Silverstream and Yona, talking about the possibilities of being in the same class together.

"You go without me. I need to be alone for a while," Sunset trots to find her way around the school. She wants to rethink her decisions and possibly, asking permission to go back to the other world to say a proper goodbye.

It's 9:25 in the morning. Starlight Glimmer enters the School of Friendship. She looks around to see if Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Rarity, and Fluttershy will be coming. Starlight does see the CMC Counselors approaching the school.

"Morning, Headmare Glimmer," The CMC Counselors say in unison.

"Morning, girls. Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle. Are your sisters coming to the first day of the new semester?" Starlight asks.

"My sister is tied up at the barn with Big McIntosh," Apple Bloom replies.

"My sister is overworking with dresses galore for Saphire Shores. Don't expect Rarity coming for the next few days," Sweetie Belle answers.

"Last I heard from Rainbow Dash, she's busy with Wonderbolt training," Scootaloo said.

Starlight Glimmer takes a deep breath. "I can safely assume Fluttershy is busy with her animals?"

"We don't know. If Fluttershy doesn't show up, then that's likely the case," Sweetie Belle said.

"Are we late for the meeting?" Scootaloo asks.

"You're ten minutes early. Do please come to my office," Starlight said.

"We will," The CMC Counselors say in unison. They follow Starlight Glimmer to her office.

Starlight Glimmer enters her office with the CMC Counselors. They see Discord, Rockhoof, Maud, Sunburst, and Trixie in the office; sitting at the seats. The CMC Counselors take their seats while Starlight trots to her chair by the desk.

"Alright, thank you for coming early to my office. On today's topic, we have new students coming into the school. Also, we have a vacant spot for teaching class since Discord was impersonating as Spike this whole time."

"I have some regrets," Discord coughs a bit.

"Anyway, until a suitable teacher is found that'll bring in qualities of friendship, the classroom will be reserved for tutoring sessions for the newer students. Any objections?"

Everyone in the room shakes their heads. They like the idea of a tutoring session in the vacant classroom.

"The next topic is about Spike. We have knowledge of his well-being in Earth Land and there is much we can break down for teaching friendship. The students deserve to know the truth with Spike since Discord lied to every student that witnessed Yona's testimony weeks ago. Any objections?"

"No. I'll tell the students on behalf of the School of Friendship. Keeping secrets of any kind is a no-no for friends."

"Very well, Discord," Starlight said.

"Trixie wants classes to watch films of Spike and his run in Earth Land. To have a better understanding of how friends can be like families."

"I concur with that suggestion," Sunburst says.

"Ditto," Maud replies.

"Considering with the many adventures Spike's been through and how his friends treat him like family despite being a different race, it would benefit with other creatures that have trust issues," Sunburst said.

"Alright. We reach a verdict on that suggestion. We will go forth with it but not during the first two weeks. We need to have the students grow their trust with one another first," Starlight declares.

"Agreed," Everyone concurs.

"Headmare Glimmer," Discord turns to Starlight. "Sunset Shimmer and the Dazzlings should be with the Unity Seven's classes. They seem to grow a bond with them during the intermission."

"Very well, Discord. I'll approve it based on your judgment," Starlight says. She looks at the clock. It's 9:40. "Alright everyone, that'll conclude today's meeting. Get to your classrooms and prepare to teach friendship. As for the CMC Counselors."

"Yes, Headmare Glimmer?" The CMC Counselors turn to Starlight Glimmer.

"Each of you will separate and go to different classes wherever you see a new student struggling to understand."

"We will, Headmare Glimmer."

"Good. After today's classes, I want each of you to come back to my office for another meeting. To review today's classes and how the new students cooperate."

"Alright, Headmare Glimmer. I'll see you after today," Discord hovers to his classroom.

Maud, Trixie, Sunburst, and Rockhoof leave the office. The CMC Counselors decide to go to the cafe for a quick breakfast before starting their day. Starlight Glimmer looks out the window to see familiar faces and new students entering the school. She smiles, knowing that today is going to be a great day.

PreviousChapters Next