• Published 7th Jan 2021
  • 11,054 Views, 7,083 Comments

Spike the Fairy - PonyJoel

  • ...
55
 7,083
 11,054

PreviousChapters Next
Grand Magic Games: Day 3, Spike's Fear

Moments after the fight, Wendy is running as fast as she can to the infirmary. Sherria is behind Wendy. Wendy opens the door and sees Spike waking up.

"Spike!" Wendy goes up to him and hugs him.

"Wendy," Spike sees how teary Wendy is and hugs her. He holds her lovingly.

"Wow, it's Fairy Dragon," Sherria said.

"Uh, hello," Spike waves at Sherria.

"So, is it true, Wendy? Is Spike your boyfriend?" Sherria asks.

"Yea," Wendy nods. "Spike and I are a young couple."

"Lucky you," Sherria said.

"What happened? Spike rubs his eyes.

"I sensed one of the members that'll come for you. You went into a total shock that put you in a comatose."

"What was that!?" Sherria gets startled.

"The name is Fairy Rage. I reside in Spike the Fairy."

"Fairy Rage is an emotion of Spike brought to life," Wendy clarifies.

"How did that happened?" Sherria asks.

"I consumed the Abyss energy that Master Hades produced to defeat him seven years ago," Spike answers.

"The particles of Master Hades were inside me, trying to possess Spike's body. With the medication from Porlyusica, Hades was gone, and I got to stay with a clean slate."

"Wow," Sherria said in awe.

"Fairy Rage protects my mind from manipulations, memory erase, and mind trickery spells."

"I wish I had that ability!" Sherria is envious of Spike's second mind.

"Maybe there's one in the Magic Library. You never know."

"So, what happened while I was sleeping?" Spike asks Wendy.

Wendy and Sherria explain the battles that happened. Spike is mad that he missed Wendy's battle. Wendy and Sherria chuckle by watching Spike's reaction.

Fairy Tail Team A & B come into the infirmary to check on Spike. Master Makarov comes with vital information.

"Hello, my children. I come bearing with interesting news."

"What is it, Master?" Erza looks down at him.

"At first, with Raven Tail's disqualification, I was asked to combine the two teams into one. Moments ago, the Game Organizers told me that combining teams won't be necessary. A new guild will be taking Raven Tail's position in the Grand Magic Games. They will be competing tomorrow."

"Is it a guild we are familiar with, Master?" Mirajane asks.

"No," Makarov shakes his head. "We will know in tomorrow's event. What happened with Spike?"

"I sensed a member that will come after Spike earlier today. It caused him to go into a comatose sleep, Master." Fairy Rage explains.

"Hmm," Makarov remembers the story Spike told when he first came to Fairy Tail. Perhaps those fiends made an appearance and are looking for him. "We will take precautions and ensure that Spike is safe. Spike," Makarov turns to him.

"Yes, Master?" Spike turns to Makarov.

"You are forbidden to wander off alone. If you wish to go someplace, have someone accompany you at all times."

"Understood, Master," Spike bows to Makarov's decree.

"I fear that something else is amiss around here," Makarov leaves the infirmary.

Spike sighs a bit. "I'm going back to the inn and going to order room service."

"No, you're not. You're coming with us. It's time to celebrate," Natsu said.

"Aye!" Happy cheers.

"Also, if they try coming after you, they have an entire guild prepare to bring them down to their knees," Natsu reassures Spike.

Spike slightly chuckles. "Alright, I'm coming."

Everyone goes to the Sun Bar to celebrate Fairy Tail's first place reclamation. Spike feels slightly better, but the feeling from earlier throws him off. Wendy sits with Spike, Gajeel falls asleep, Reedsu is drawing Panther Lily holding a sword.

"How are you feeling, Spike?" Wendy asks.

"Okay, for the most part. Sorry, what Fairy Rage sensed threw me off. I'm mad that I missed your fight. I wanted to cheer you on."

"It's okay. I have a feeling tomorrow that I'll be cheering for you," Wendy smiles, kissing Spike's cheek to make him feel better.

"Thank you, Wendy," Spike hugs Wendy.

"We're foos-barrel surfing champions!" Natsu is using the bar sign as a board to ride on the barrels.

"Aye, Sir!" Happy shouts.

"Hey! That's dangerous!" Jet rolls out of the way.

"Hit the deck!" Droy jumps out of the way.

Natsu and Happy crash into the table Spike, Wendy, and Gajeel were sitting. Gajeel is pissed that Natsu woke him up.

"You looking for a knuckle sandwich!?" Gajeel grabs Natsu's scarf.

"No," Natsu's stunt caused him to get motion sickness. "Fine, you can ride it."

"You're missing the point!" Gajeel barks.

"In case, I'll have a go at it," Gray takes off his shirt and rides the barrels as Natsu did. He crashes into a wall, and all his clothes came off except for his underwear.

"Enough!" Erza grabs the bar sign then barrel surfs. "Watch. This is how you barrel surf!" Erza immediately crashes into a wall.

"Wendy, are you alright?" Spike turns to Wendy.

"I'm fine. You should try barrel surfing," Wendy suggests to Spike.

Spike smile fades. "I rather not. Sorry, Wendy," Spike walks up to Gajeel. "Gajeel, mind taking me to the Inn since Master forbade me of wandering alone?"

"Yea, I can use a good shut-eye," Gajeel gets up.

Gajeel and Spike leave the Sun Bar. Wendy looks down while Erza becomes a little sad. Lucy and the others worry about Spike. An hour later, Spike and Gajeel are in the Honeycomb Inn. Spike couldn't help but stare out the window, feeling unnerved. Gajeel is keeping watch until the others come back. It's an awkward silence.

"You still confident that you can defeat Twilight and the others if they were to come?"

"I am, and I'm not. What if my dream is a vision of what's yet to come? My downward spiral into committing suicide."

"You are stronger than most people in the games. You defeated Jura, who is a Wizard Saint."

"I come from a different world. What if Twilight and the others become stronger in this world?"

"You remember Tenrou Island and the fear route you've embarked?"

"Yes, I remember."

"If memory serves me right, you conquered that fear by standing up to them and refusing to have them strip away your freedom and happiness."

"You're right. The fear still gets to me. I cannot allow it to ruin me and the good I'm enjoying! Tomorrow, if they show up, I will hold nothing back. I will stand up to my demons, even though they can do some damage." Spike sighs heavily. "There's a seven-year gap, and they could be stronger than I think they are. Maybe that's why the nightmare got to me. I don't know. I want to embrace the challenge of confronting them, at the same time though, Twilight could know more spells that can somewhat weaken me or stop time. She has time-traveled before."

"I understand. Twilight's capabilities cannot be underestimated when it comes to her priorities. I looked into your memory and saw what you've been through; only you can accept what's true or what's false. Don't be discouraged. Be courageous and strong. Show them what being a Fairy Tail Wizard is all about. Rest well, Spike. You'll need it for Day 4 of the Grand Magic Games."

"Fairy Dragon. You okay?" Gajeel turns to Spike.

"I'll be better tomorrow," Spike gets in bed. "Night, Gajeel."

"Night, Fairy Dragon," Gajeel continues to keep watch as Spike goes to sleep.

PreviousChapters Next