• Published 7th Jan 2021
  • 11,165 Views, 7,094 Comments

Spike the Fairy - PonyJoel

  • ...
55
 7,094
 11,165

PreviousChapters Next
Midnight Rarity's Frustration

Midnight Rarity grits her teeth, seeing the mirror pool and the ancient runes. She sits on the ground and closes her eyes.


Rarity's mind

Rarity laughs while watching the scenes. Midnight Sparkle is storming back and forth.

"Golly, this is problematic," Cozy Glow knows what the ancient runes are from the movie nights she and Lord Tirek gets to watch during their time in Tartarus.

"It appears Freed's magic is preventing any usage of demon power you have from penetration," Lord Tirek said.

"So, no magic can't penetrate some ancient runes? How unfortunate," Storm King said. "If I had my power, I could have uplifted the enchantment."

"We, we don't have much to give since Demon Empress over there allowed our magic to be extinguished during the confrontation of Fairy Dragon," King Sombra painfully reminds everyone of the fallout during the war.

"There is one location that has the means of uplifting all magic in Equestria and the rest of the world. To achieve the relic, we're going to Mount Everhoof," Midnight dictates the next phase of operations.

"Oh sure, go back to the scenery of our downfall, why don't ya?" Storm King sarcastically expresses.

Midnight Sparkle grabs his throat and lifts him. It scares Rarity and Cozy Glow a bit. "Do I sound humorous to you?"

Storm King sweats, gags, and chokes a bit. "No, Ma'am!"

Midnight Sparkle releases her hold on Storm King's throat, allowing him to breathe. "I can have you killed within the vessel. Remember who you owe your life to."

"Yes.., Ma'am..," It's a new side to Storm King, seeing how ruthless Midnight Sparkle is.

"So, how do you intend on going to Mount Everhoof?" Lord Tirek asks.

"Fly there undetected. Grab a cloak to conceal Rarity's identity. Creatures won't know it's Rarity or us in possession if we act mute."

"Oh sure, that would work," Lord Tirek scoffs at the idea.

Midnight Sparkle turns to grab his throat, choking him brutally than she did with Storm King. "Do not intimate me. I'm in no mood for any laughing matter or mockery. I had my setback. I admit to some crucial flaws I didn't foresee. You want absolute power? I have another motive for achieving it. If you have better ideas while all creatures are in unity against us, I would love to hear!"

Lord Tirek can't respond due to Midnight Sparkle's firm grip on his throat. All Lord Tirek can do is choke and gag. His face turns blue. Midnight Sparkle shoves him after waiting too long for Lord Tirek to respond.

"Golly, she's changed even worse," Cozy said after watching Midnight choke her best friend.

"She's gotten stronger despite losing an incredible amount of magic power and demonic curses."

"Are you okay, Tirek?"

"Fine," Lord Tirek rolls his eyes. He sits down when he hears a distinct voice in his head. "Huh?" He turns to Rarity in the sphere. She nods.

"What did she say?" Cozy asks Tirek.

Midnight Sparkle sits and takes possession of Rarity's body to move. Whenever she controls Rarity's body, Midnight Sparkle separates herself from the others to have absolute concentration.

"D.L. The answer is straightforward when you figured it out."


Midnight Rarity opens her eyes and flies out of the mirror pool cave. It's 1:30 at night while Midnight Rarity flies to Mount Everhoof. She's been flying for five hours due to concealing her Demonic Curses from allowing any unicorn or creature to detect her power.

"The Crystal Empire," Midnight Sparkle is at the hill where she stood days ago. Behind the Crystal Empire is Mount Everhoof. Midnight Sparkle looks up to see the tip of the mountain no longer there. "What? Where did Mount Everhoof go?"


Rarity's mind.

"Hmm, it appears the mountain is no more," Storm King said while observing the eyes of Midnight Rarity.

"Perhaps that's the mountain Crystal Fairy Guardian Dragon repelled Midnight's attack?" King Sombra theorizes.

Lord Tirek and Cozy Glow close their eyes. They try searching deep within Midnight Sparkle's memory and see that Spike deflected Midnight Sparkle's Demon Spiral Death attack at a mountain top.

"Golly, Spike inadvertently destroyed the top of Mount Everhoof from Midnight's attack. What are the odds of Spike the Fairy still helping Midnight Sparkle?"

"Well, I wonder if he destroyed the bell as well from that redirect," Lord Tirek said.

Rarity contemplates her motives and compares them to Midnight Sparkle's. With access to Midnight Sparkle's memory, Rarity sees the dark path and vows to never become like Twilight Sparkle; A demon hellbent on achieving selfish desires. She'll do what she can to delay Midnight's success.

Cozy Glow sees Rarity in the sphere. Despite agreeing with a demon, she has second thoughts about her decision. Yes, Midnight Sparkle killed her for more power, but she gave into the idea of having a nation to dominate. Cozy Glow walks up to Lord Tirek.

"Lord Tirek?"

Lord Tirek groans and rolls his eyes. "What is it?"

"Did we make a mistake?" Cozy Glow sounds innocent. There is no manipulating in her tone.

"Things are different. There's no going back. All we have to do is wait and see what happens."

Cozy Glow sighs. Another question answered vaguely. She walks up to King Sombra.

"What do you want?" King Sombra is in no mood to talk.

"Do you think you deserve better than this?"

"I'll get my Crystal Empire back and rule it. Patience is a virtue. If you're asking if I'm regretting anything, the answer is yes. I regret waiting for the last moment to cease the Crystal Heart when that foolish Alicorn swooped in and claimed that baby dragon," King Sombra snarls. "I deserve my kingdom and nothing more but victory in my grasp."

"Don't even bother asking me. I'm taking my Storm Nation back and making Grubber and Tempest my footstool."

Cozy Glow sighs. She trots to the sphere Rarity is in and sits with her. Not much for her to do is sit and talk.


Midnight Rarity flies around the border of the Crystal Empire to get to Mount Everhoof. Half of Mount Everhoof is destroyed.

"So, my fight with Spike has destroyed this mountain. He did well in terms of helping me once more," Midnight Sparkle laughs in triumph. "My Number One Assistant!" She hears and senses two magic-powered creatures coming her way and hides.

"This is awesome! My magic is all about intense fires!" Garble said while flying with his dragon friend, Charcoal.

"Check this out!" Charcoal powers up. "Lightning Blitz!" Charcoal shoots lightning orbs at the snow of Mount Everhoof. "Detonate!" The lightning orbs explode. A house that was buried in tons of snow stands out, a pony with a shovel waves for help.

"Dude, that was awesome!" Garble said. He sees the pony waving for help. "We should help that guy."

"Agreed," Charcoal nods; he and Garble go to the pony that needs assistance.

"WHAT!? SINCE WHEN OTHER DRAGONS CAN USE MAGIC?!" Midnight Rarity is livid. With Dragons now using magic, she fears that Dragons can overrule Equestria and put her plans at a standstill. "I must eliminate them all."

PreviousChapters Next