• Published 7th Jan 2021
  • 11,054 Views, 7,083 Comments

Spike the Fairy - PonyJoel

  • ...
55
 7,083
 11,054

PreviousChapters Next
Meeting with Friends

It's 8:30 in the morning. Spike wakes up after having a good night's sleep. He sees Gajeel and Panther Lily getting ready.

"Where are you two heading off?"

"We have two more jobs to accomplish before resuming our training, Fairy Dragon. We'll see you another day," Gajeel and Panther Lily leaves the hotel room.

Erza is taking a shower. She's deciding whether or not to go on another job or stick with Spike. She wonders how the day may go.

Spike writes a letter to Wendy. Within the letter, Spike wants to catch up with his other friends within the guild, checking to see if they're doing good or not, train or work with them here and there for the next while. He uses his fire breath to teleport the letter to Wendy.

"Alright. Time to go searching for my friends," Spike doesn't know who to search for, so he'll fly around until he notices any of them.

Erza comes out of the bathroom. She decides to go on another job. Spike freshens up for the day and leaves the hotel with Erza. They leave the small village and walk in the forest. They've been walking for two hours.

"So, I'm guessing you'll meet up with Gajeel and Panther Lily on their next job?"

"More likely. What about you?"

"I've decided to search for our friends and check in on them. It's been so long since I've seen the others besides the Thunder Legion, Elfman, Lisanna, and Mirajane."

"Fair enough, Spike. After a few more jobs, I'll resume my training at Mt. Ivor. I hope to see you there."

"You will. Or at the least, you'll see me when I teleport you," Spike sees a pathway leading into another town. "I guess this is where we depart?"

"Yea," Erza nods. She takes a deep breath. It was hard for her to leave Spike the first time months ago. Doing it again is not easy. "I'll see you later, Spike."

"You okay, Sis?" Spike knows Erza feels troubled.

"Yea," Erza sighs. "It's hard for me to walk without you. You're my brother. We bled, cried, laughed, and so much more as brother and sister would," Erza can't help but relive the moment when she died at the hands of Midnight Sparkle and nearly left the world of the living. Given a second life to walk among the living. She hasn't spent much time with Spike as a family due to their training with their friends.

"Is something troubling you, Erza?" Spike notices the tears falling from Erza's left eye.

Erza sees a bench nearby and sits. Spike follows her and sits next to her.

"Spike, I suffer from reliving the moments when I died from time to time. I can still feel Midnight Sparkle's hand impaling my chest. At times, I kept thinking that I won't see my friends or you because of her."

"She's not coming back. I made sure of that. The Crystal Heart gave me the power to finish her. However, I understand the traumatic experience. Before coming to Earth Land, I was a slave, and I suffered many injuries. I nearly drowned when I fell asleep on an ice block. My former friends laughed at my misery, and I had to write a letter to Princess Celestia for Twilight, well Midnight, instead of resting due to a cold. I can't say that I died, but at times, I would suffer from many traumatic experiences."

"How did you stop reliving any of those experiences? Even from the story, you told us when Natsu brought you to the guildhall?"

"The answer is simple but harder to enact. Focus on the good instead of the bad."

"That is simple but challenging. Tortured, enslaved, killed," Erza tells Spike more in-depth about her experiences, especially with the torture she endured at the hands of Kyôka.

"Wow," Spike could only imagine the fear that comes behind the flogging and punishments. "So, does being alone bring those traumatic experiences more?"

Erza admittedly nods. "Yes."

"How often are you alone?" Spike wants to know where Erza stands.

"When I'm not working with Gajeel and Panther Lily or with members of Mermaid Heel and Sabertooth, I'm alone a few days out of the week. I reread your letters for comfort while trying to find the others from time to time."

"Do you have to go on this job?"

Erza thought about it for a few moments. "No. The job would have been with Gajeel and Panther Lily. I'm sure the two can handle it with ease. It's a scouting mission."

"Would you like to spend some time as a family?" Spike asks, hoping it'll cheer Erza up.

"Yes," Erza said with no hesitation.

Spike and Erza get off the bench and head into town together. They see an arcade where they can play pool. Spike is not a good player, but Erza teaches him the fundamentals. After a few practice games, they play a competitive one. The people within the arcade crowd the table where Erza and Spike are playing. Erza scares the people due to the unwanted attention. Spike couldn't help but laugh at the horrid faces of people after seeing Erza's vicious glare.

Spike did not defeat Erza in their game of pool though he was close to winning. Erza did not hold back and was surprised to see how quickly Spike adapted to the game. Spike and Erza played a few arcade games before heading to a restaurant. Erza wanted to try the new strawberry cake special the restaurant had. Spike orders two slices of the cake. He and Erza devour their piece after claiming how good it was.

Spike and Erza leave the restaurant. They bump into Cana, Alzack, Bisca, and Asuka. Cana spills her liquor bottle.

"Whoops, sorry," Spike apologizes to Cana.

"Yay! The Fairy Dragon is here," Asuka says in delight.

"Hey, Master. Long time no see," Bisca said, holding Asuka.

"Nice to see you, Erza," Alzack said.

"Man, I wasn't done with that," Cana burps. She's a bit drunk at the moment.

"So, what brings you here?" Erza asks Alzack and Bisca.

"Oh, gathering supplies with the Jewels we have left," Alzack answers.

"How much do you have left?" Spike asks. He wants to know where they stand.

"Just enough to last a few more days. We're on our way to Lamia Scale to apply for work," Bisca replies.

"A few days?" Spike is nervous about their situation.

"70,000 Jewels is all we have left," Cana burps. "I can use another drink."

"No, Cana. We're not spending our remaining Jewels on more booze," Alzack strictly says. He wants to be sure there's enough for Asuka to eat.

"Here," Spike lends Alzack and Bisca 400,000 Jewels.

"Thanks, Fairy Dragon," Asuka gratefully says.

"Thanks, Master. It'll do nicely," Alzack appreciates Spike's kindness.

"You're welcome," Spike smiles. "I don't mind helping out my friends in Fairy Tail."

"What were you doing before?" Erza asks Alzack and Bisca.

"Training hard. Bisca and I practiced our sharpshooting while Cana grew stronger with her card magic."

"Also, teaching our Asuka magic with sharpshooting," Bisca replies.

"Yea, I beat mommy and daddy shooting birds and fishies from the skies," Asuka smiles.

"Wing Fish." Erza shutters at the mention of Wing Fish. The horrible flavor the creature brings.

"You know how to get to Lamia Scale from here?" Spike asks Alzack, Bisca, and Cana.

"Well, it's a long travel, but we'll manage," Alzack replies.

"Think you can buy me a drink, Master?" Cana asks. She's becoming sober a bit.

"Sure," Spike gives Cana 200,000 Jewels. "Please, be mindful of how much you spend."

"I will," Cana goes to a bar next to the restaurant Spike and Erza were.

"And there she goes," Erza sighs. She hopes Cana doesn't blow the money Spike gave her in one go.

"Have you seen the others recently?" Spike asks Bisca and Alzack.

"Not really, Master," Alzack said. He now takes Asuka from Bisca to hold.

"Anyway, we need to get moving," Bisca said.

"What about the drunken lady, mommy?" Asuka asks.

"She'll catch up," Bisca said, hoping that her daughter doesn't start practicing Cana's drinking habits.

"Erza, can you ensure Cana gets to Lamia Scale intact?"

"Yes, Spike. I'll make sure Cana gets to Lamia Scale. I'm guessing you'll be on your way?"

"Right after I do this," Spike hugs Erza. "I'll see you soon, Sis."

"Thank you, Spike," Erza smiles. She'll focus more on the good than her horrid memories.

"Thanks, Fairy Dragon, for helping us!" Asuka waves while Bisca and Alzack leave the town.

"See you around, Erza," Spike flaps his wings.

"Yes, you will," Erza enters the bar to keep a close eye on Cana.

Spike takes off and heads north. After three hours of flying, he enters a snowy region of Fiore and gets the shivers. "Well, this place is colder. Similar to Mt.Hakobe blizzards."

"Ice-Make Geyser!" Gray shouts and creates a tower of ice spikes at Juvia. He's shirtless and pantless.

"Water Cyclone!" Juvia unleashes water torrents at Gray.

The impact of the two attacks collides and causes a rift. A fusion of Gray and Juvia's spell hits Spike, and he crashes lands into the snow. Spike winds up rolling down, creating a snowball that gets larger.

"Gray, my love. Heads up!" Juvia points to the snowball rolling their way.

"Huh?" Gray turns back and gets swallowed by the snowball.

Juvia sidesteps the snowball. "Give me my beloved back!" Juvia chases the snowball down the hill.

Spike and Gray get dizzy while the snowball continues to grow in size. The snowball crashes into a tree, freeing Spike and Gray from the dizziness.

"Man, that hurt," Gray rubs his head.

"Tell me about it," Spike rubs his head. "I'm dizzy from that rolling around."

Juvia catches up and sees Gray and Spike. "Hello, Spike. What brings you here?"

"Checking in on my friends after the Crocus Cook-Off got called off," Spike sneezes a bit. "I didn't hear much from you two since coming back home from Equestria. Have you been getting my letters?"

"Uh, about that, Spike," Gray explains that he and Juvia used Spike's letters for keeping their fire going inside the cabin they reside.

Spike groans a bit. "Well, at least they were useful in some way for the two of you."

"Sorry, Spike," Juvia said.

"Also, how did you end up in that snowball?" Gray asks. He stands and stretches.

"I got hit by one of your attacks," Spike shamefully replies.

"Oh, c'mon. That's something you could have dodged," Gray said. He remembers many times Spike can sense and dodge incoming attacks.

"I don't have Fairy Rage's awareness. It's been different for me."

Gray and Juvia have forgotten entirely that Fairy Rage was the one who would usually sense something heading Spike's way. The two lower their heads.

"Sorry, Spike," Gray and Juvia said. They didn't mean to bring up Fairy Rage's name as a painful reminder.

"It's okay. Hope it's alright if I train with you two for a while."

"Not at all. Come with us to the cabin, Spike," Juvia said.

"Yea, we're done with our training for the day," Gray said.

Spike follows Gray and Juvia to a cabin they've been residing. It's nice and cozy. There's good heat. Spike sits down on a chair and explains all that has happened to him since Gray and Juvia departed months ago. Gray and Juvia are astonished to hear that Spike met his mother and partook in Crocus' Cook-Off. After two hours of explaining the story, Spike decides to make soup for his friends. For Juvia and Gray, it'll be a nice meal they had since stopping by at a restaurant for food last week. They are thin with funding for the time being. Spike tells Gray and Juvia he'll be staying for two weeks and will give them enough Jewels to last a month or so unless they decide to get jobs.

After having a good meal and catching up on recent events, Spike, Gray, and Juvia decide to call it a day and rest. Spike writes a letter to Wendy, telling her he'll be training with Gray and Juvia for a while. He'll come to see her soon.

PreviousChapters Next