• Published 7th Jan 2021
  • 11,168 Views, 7,094 Comments

Spike the Fairy - PonyJoel

  • ...
55
 7,094
 11,168

PreviousChapters Next
Reckoning

Spike (Discord) is in his room after a long day of play. A lot of the Crystal Ponies joined in earlier today for the picnic. Spike (Discord) decided to tell every Crystal Pony what he'd endured during his tenor with Princess Twilight Sparkle and her friends. Every Crystal Pony felt disgusted, distraught, and hateful towards Twilight Sparkle and her friends. For treating their hero with disrespect and dishonor. Princess Cadance and Shining Armor had to inform every Crystal Pony to refrain from any actions when Princess Twilight Sparkle and her friends arrive on such occasions. After the discussions, every pony had fun playing a few games of kickball in the Crystal Fields.

It is now 10:30 at night. Spike (Discord) is wide awake. He knows that Cadance, Shining Armor, and Flurry Heart are asleep. Starlight Glimmer is sleeping over at Sunburst house. Discord's clone visits Spike (Discord) in his room.

"Hey, Spike. Had a good day?" Discord clone asked in happiness.

"I did," Spike (Discord) responds. Looking around and creating a silencing circle in his room. No one can hear the two talking. "So, how are Twilight and the others doing?"

"Horrible," Said Discord's Clone. "They are sad, mad, disgusted with a lot of emotions with themselves and each other."

"So, what are they planning?"

"Twilight and the girls have a lot of thinking and planning. I inspire them to find a way to show Princess Celestia and Luna that they can have redemption with Spike. It'll take time but, we can only hope it's for the best."

Spike (Discord) takes a deep breath. "Alright. I predict that Twilight may try to create a social gathering with some species to expand friendships."

"That's possible. Celestia did say that friendships cannot be for one-sided species. It has to be for all species."

"Anything else I should know about, me?"

"Applejack, Rarity, and Rainbow Dash are praying that they don't make the same mistakes with their respective sisters. Leaving and abandoning them to hang with their friends and such."

"Alright, then. Thanks for letting me know how it went. It gives me more of an idea to stir things up here in the Crystal Empire. Nothing should ever come easy to Twilight and her friends on their lessons in Friendship."

"Alright, Spike. I'll get going now. I have some things to hold up since I'm you until one of these days, you reveal yourself as Spike or get caught in the act."

"Hahaha, very funny, me," Said Spike (Discord).

"Later," Discord (clone) turns into leaves, flowing away with the wind out the window.

Spike (Discord) disables the silencing circle and gets in bed. He looks at the night sky to see the Twinkling Star he saw. He understood the star as Spike is sending him a thank you.

"Enjoy yourself, Spike. I'll take over from here for you," Spike (Discord) goes to sleep. His sleep is dreamless, so Princess Luna doesn't get suspicious.

The next day in Ponyville. It is now 8:30 in the morning. Twilight Sparkle opens her eyes and yawns, waking up from her slumber somewhat. She didn't have a good night's rest.

"Spike, can you make me some breakfast!" Twilight instinctively asks. Still tired from the lack of sleep. After a few moments, there was no response, only silence. "Oh.., that's right..," Twilight lowers her head. "I'm all alone in my castle," Twilight groans. "And I just asked if Spike can do something for me instead of me doing something for him..," Twilight sighs heavily and gets out of bed.

As she trots in the corridors of her castle, all Twilight can hear is her hoofsteps. For the first time in her life, she is all alone. When she reaches the kitchen, she decides to eat cereal. Twilight opens her fridge to find nothing.

"What?" Said Twilight. She opens her cabinets around the kitchen to find no food. "I thought I told Spike to get-" Twilight remembers the humiliation that Spike went through with the ice bucket prank back at Sugarcube Corner and scolding him of being a slacker. "Oh.., that's right," Twilight sighs and leaves her castle. She'll pay for a trip to Sugarcube corner for breakfast.

As Twilight is about to leave the castle, she instinctively says, "Spike, can you clean the castle for me as I get breakfast?" Silence reign once more. No answer from Spike. Twilight lowers her head. "Oh.., right. Spike is at the Crystal Empire," Twilight shakes her head. "I'll clean my castle. I mean, how hard can it be?" Twilight leaves her castle and trots to Sugarcube Corner. Ten minutes later, Twilight arrives at Sugarcube Corner. She opens the door and walks inside. "Hey, Pinkie," Twilight greets.

"Hi, Twilight," Answered Pinkie in her usual cheery tone. "What can I get you?"

"Banana pancakes if you can," Said Twilight in a sad tone.

"Coming up," Pinkie smiles but knows the heartache that Twilight feels.

Twilight sits down near a table and waits. Pinkie is in the kitchen baking banana pancakes as fast as she can so she can comfort Twilight. Applejack, Rarity, and Rainbow Dash walk inside of Sugarcube Corner and sees Twilight. They sit next to her.

"Morning Twilight," Said Applejack, Rarity, and Rainbow Dash in unison.

"Hey," Twilight sadly responds.

"So, uh, how are you holding up?" Asked Rainbow.

"Fantastic," Twilight sarcastically said.

"Mind telling us how you feel, Twilight?" Asked Applejack.

Twilight groans. "I'm upset. Instead of resorting of doing things for myself, I instinctively ask Spike to do things for me. The first thing I do after I wake up was asking Spike to make me breakfast. When I trot to the kitchen, I was upset at Spike for not getting food for the castle. Then, I realized that we'd made Spike's day feel like Tartarus. The more I think about it, the more I feel like a horrible friend. I always asked Spike but never gave him any recognition. I made Spike do so much I didn't bother helping him by all means. I'm a horrible friend," Twilight becomes teary.

"There, there, Twilight. No need to be upset with yourself. We're at fault as well," Said Applejack.

"Yea. We've done things we aren't proud of," Rainbow chimes in at fault, remembering all the times she mocked Spike and pulled heinous pranks on him.

"Agreed," Rarity concurs, using Spike to do her chores and using Spike as a tool.

Pinkie Pie comes out with banana waffles and places them in front of Twilight. "I overheard the conversation. I have my share fair of doing Spike wrong. Forgetting about him mostly as well as pranking him. I can't believe I have forgotten to throw him three birthday parties, three!"

"There is much more to add on of the wrongs we did," Said Twilight as she starts eating her banana pancake.

"So, what are your plans for today, Twilight?" Asked Rarity.

"I can't hang out with any of you. I have chores to take care of first."

"Want some help?" Ask Pinkie cheerfully.

Twilight smiles at the gesture but frowns. All the times she ditched Spike to be with her friends, all the times Spike had to do everything by himself, she declines. Pinkie, Rarity, Applejack, and Rainbow decided they will still help anyways, knowing that Twilight can be stubborn at times. After Twilight eats her breakfast, she and her friends trot to the Castle of Friend. On the way there, they meet up with Fluttershy. As they went inside, Twilight and her friends clean the whole castle. With everypony working together, it took them an hour to clean.

"Wow, that was swift," Said Rainbow Dash.

"And fun. Weeeee!" Pinkie Pie is riding on a bar of soap on the floor.

"I know, darling. It wasn't that bad," Said Rarity.

"I wonder why Spike didn't ask for help," Said Pinkie. Her statement causes a rift with her friends and Twilight.

"He has, Pinkie..," Twilight looks down in shame. "I'd ignored him cause he wasn't important to me at the time. I treated Spike as he's capable of handling things himself," Twilight sighs heavily. "All those times, now I do recall, I chose my priorities instead of compromising with Spike. Just pack up and leave almost every day."

"The hours of Spikey-Wikey endured on his own without friends to help..," Said Rarity.

"How does he get it spotless on his own is beyond me," Said Rainbow.

"I wish I can have a second chance. To earn his forgiveness and prove I can be a better friend for all species and not just one," Said Twilight.

"We all do, Twilight. It's not just you. It's all of us," Said Rainbow.

"Also, how would we be better friends for all species?" Asked Pinkie in curiosity.

"I.., I don't know..," Twilight said, answering Pinkie's question with uncertainty.

"Twilight," Twilight turns to Applejack. "I'll be back. I have to go pick up Apple Bloom. Today is half a day at school. I promised Apple Bloom to spend more time with her today."

"School, school," Twilight ponders, then an idea struck her mind. "Applejack, you're brilliant!"

"I am?" Applejack is perplexed, Looking at Twilight as she becomes ecstatic.

"To spread friendship for all species. I shall create a school. A school for all species to come together in harmony. I shall call it the School of Friendship!"

The girls ponder on the idea of opening a school. It would help in the long run with creating friendships with all other species. Plus, it could persuade the Princesses into giving a second chance to be with Spike. To show they can be friends with others. They nod in unison.

"Alright, Twilight. Tell us what we have to do to create the School of Friendship," Said Applejack.

Unbeknown to them, a small mouse runs out of the Castle of Friendship. The mouse turns into a full-grown Draqonecuus. Discord (clone) opens a door leaving Ponyville. He opens another door leading into Spike's (Discord) room. Spike (Discord) is rock candy (gems).

"Hey, Discord. What's up?" Asked Spike (Discord).

Discord (clone) snaps his paw, activating a silencing circle. "I have some intel for you."

"Well, what is it?" Spike (Discord takes a bite out of his rock candy.

"Thanks to Applejack's mentioning of picking up her sister from school, Twilight came up with the idea of creating her very own school."

Spike (Discord) spits his rock candy out in shock at Discord (clone). Discord (clone) wipes the spit with a hanky and tosses it away in a biohazard trash can he spawns.

"What kind of school are we talking about?"

"School of Friendship. Twilight Sparkle wants to spread friendships through all species in an attempt to have a second chance with you, Spike."

"Very persistent, isn't she?" Asked Spike (Discord).

"Not even a week and, she has the solution to fixing a problem. I guess she doesn't want to bear with the mistakes she made with you, Spike. She's determined to correct them. Determined to earn redemption if the Princesses are willing. Our ace in the sleeve is if the Princesses allow you to have the final saying."

"Also, I have to be sure that Twilight leads by example when she does take over for Celestia and Luna. Rumor has it that they'll be retiring soon."

"Agreed. How long you can keep up the Spike charade?"

"As long as it takes for Twilight to restores herself as a true friend for all species or until I get busted. Only time will tell in that department. Hey, you should stick around, Discord."

"Why is that, Spike?"

"Today is Princess Cadance birthday. Shining Armor is distracting Cadance with a date for her birthday. I'm meeting up with Starlight Glimmer, Sunburst, Trixie, and Party Favor to organize the party. We're throwing a surprise birthday party."

"One that Pinkie Pie will be missing."

"Interesting enough, the letter I burnt the other day, that was Celestia asking Twilight and her friends to help set up Cadance's surprise party."

"Wow," Said Discord (clone) in amazement.

"Yea, this would have been a party Spike would have missed."

"Definitely, Twilight would make him do all sorts of chores and, he'll get abandoned again."

"Well, let's get moving, Discord. We wouldn't want to keep our friends waiting."

"Right, let's go, Spike (Discord)," Discord (clone) winks and releases the silencing circle. The two hurried off to meet up with Starlight and their friends. Together, they start orchestrating the preparations for Cadance's surprise party.

PreviousChapters Next