• Published 7th Jan 2021
  • 11,122 Views, 7,093 Comments

Spike the Fairy - PonyJoel

  • ...
55
 7,093
 11,122

PreviousChapters Next
Lucy Ambushed

An hour after Spike, Elfman, Lisanna, and Mirajane left, Lucy and Michelle leave the guildhall. Michelle continues to cry, knowing that Spike won't be in the apartment tonight. Lucy does her best to comfort Michelle the best she can. Unbeknown to them, Samuel is observing the two with Coco, Sugarboy, and Mary Hughes.

"So, what are your calculations about these two, Samuel? Especially, the one carrying the briefcase?" Sugarboy asks.

"Yea? I think that girl is Lucy Heartfillia," Coco points at Lucy.

"According to my calculations, the one in the dress is Lucy Heartfillia. The other is her supposed sister."

"Makes sense due to the Heartfillia Family's standard," Mary Hughes said.

"Keep our movements quiet until it's time," Samuel said.

Sugarboy, Coco, and Mary Hughes nod and keep a watchful eye on Lucy and Michelle as they walk deeper into the forest.

"Thanks for comforting me, Lucy," Michelle said after she cried her eyes out.

"No sweat," Lucy sighs in relief, knowing that Michelle has no more tears to shed.

"I just miss the baby dragon; Spike is all."

Lucy rolls her eyes. "We'll see him tomorrow at the guildhall. It's not like he moved out of our lives, Michelle."

"What if those mean ponies come in the middle of the night and take him!"

"They haven't done that. Even if they come tonight, they'll have to answer a Satan Soul, A Beast Takeover, Lisanna, and a Fairy Dragon. They don't stand a chance against anyone in Fairy Tail," Lucy said.

"I guess you're right. It's just..," Michelle gets teary again.

"No, no, Michelle. No need for waterworks," Lucy waves her hands in motion.

"I love the little dragon!" Michelle shouts.

"I do too. He's like my younger brother," Lucy sighs. "Believe me. Things'll get better."

Out on the outskirts of Magnolia, a man is riding on a gigantic octopus. He grows weary, tired of the delay from his team in capturing their target Lucy Heartfillia. Coco, Mary Hughes, Sugarboy, and Samuel notices that Lucy's friends are escorting her and her sister to the apartment.

"What now?" Coco asks Samuel.

Samuel smiles. "It's time to engage and make sure that Lucy Heartfillia departs from her friends. Byro is incoming in a few moments."

"Lucy!" Natsu, Happy, Romeo, Wendy, Carla, Jet, Droy, and Levy arrives.

"Hey, you guys," Lucy waves at her friends.

"We thought about escorting you back home. Gotta be sure that those punks or anyone else don't bother you," Natsu said.

"Hope you don't mind. It can get crazy during the nightly travels at times," Wendy said.

"Team Shadow Gear got your back," Levy said.

"Yea, and tell Spike when you see him that we didn't make fun of you. I don't won't Fairy Rage pummeling us the way he did," Droy said.

"Shush, Droy," Jet said.

"Fairy Rage?" Michelle is confused.

"Remember the different tone Spike was speaking during the fight against Laxus?"

"Yea, Lucy," Michelle remembers.

"That's Fairy Rage. A protector of Spike's mind and a great asset for our guild."

Samuel is dumbfounded hearing a second mind inside a baby dragon. He wishes to have two minds in one vessel. Coco, Sugarboy, and Mary Hughes now know that Byro should be the one who takes out Spike. Their magic combined would not subdue Spike.

"Anyways, let get moving," Romeo said.

"Now, my little doggies!" Sugarboy commands his mucous slime to attack Lucy and her friends.

"I knew it!" Natsu and the others jump out of the way.

"Good call!" Wendy said.

"Originally, we had a plan of sugarcoating a job offer you couldn't refuse. Finding you wimps out here in the open was easier than expected," Sugarboy said.

"Yea!" Coco rushes in, punching Levy, Droy, and Romeo in the process.

"Back off from my friends!" Jet kicks it into high gear and attacks Coco.

"Another speedster?" Coco is surprised to see another speeding wizard. Coco and Jet fight hand-to-hand in close-quarter combat at immense speeds.

"Solid Script Magic, Iron!" Levy uses her solid script and spawns an iron above Sugarboy.

"Sorry babe; ain't gonna work," Sugarboy's mucous slime intercedes the iron and tosses back at Levy.

"Sky Dragon!" Wendy conjures her sky breath attack.

"Fire Dragon!" Natsu conjures his fire breath attack.

"ROOOOOOOOOOOAAAR!" Wendy and Natsu combine their breath attack to annihilate Sugarboy from behind.

"Seems you didn't learn your lesson," Mary Hughes comes out of hiding. "Conducting Arts!" She maneuvers the unison raid breath attack into hitting Lucy, Michelle, and Romeo.

Droy uses his plant seeds to create a vine wall, shielding the attack from Lucy, Michelle, and Romeo.

"Lucy! Run!" Natsu pleas.

"Let's go, Sis," Michelle said.

"Right," Lucy nods. Michelle and Lucy flee from the battle.

"Take this!" Romeo unleashes his purple flames at Sugarboy.

Coco and Jet continue their fight with the two on par in their speed. Jet and Coco are getting on each other's nerves during their confrontation.

"I'll get Heartfilla," Mary Hughes said. She runs after Lucy Heartfilla.

"Sure thing, I'll keep these Fairies in place," Sugarboy said. "Let's go, my little doggies," The mucous slime goes after Natsu.

"I don't think so!" Natsu jumps back. "Fire Dragon Wing Attack!" Natsu flames dissolve. "What the hell?"

Romeo and Wendy come into the fray to attack when their magic is dispersed all of a sudden.

"Hey, why has my magic stopped working?" Romeo is confused and then swallowed by the mucous slime.

"Romeo!" The mucous slime engulfs Wendy.

"Wendy!" Carla shouts.

"Cease this foolishness and complete the task at hand," The gigantic octopus jumps into the battlefield. Byro is riding on top. Byro uses nullifying magic, and he nullifies every Fairy Tail Wizard he sees.

"What the?" Coco uppercuts Jet. Jet lost his speed force magic.

"Time to end this," Coco punches and kicks Jet in circles and tosses him aside like paperweight.

"Natsu! That guy up there looks like-" Natsu cuts Happy's speech.

"Byro," Natsu grits his teeth.

"Sure thing, boss man," Sugarboy salutes to Byro.

Byro is a tall and muscular man with white hair. He's wearing armor, a purple shirt, gray pants, and black boots. He wields a crescent-shape bo staff. "I'll take care of these insects myself."

"Take this!"

Byro sees an energy wave coming at him and nullifies it. "Who goes there?"

"That'll be me," Gildarts enters the battlefield. "There's something you punks should never ever do. Trying to take what isn't yours and messing with Fairy Tail."

"It's Gildarts!" Happy and Natsu cheers.

"Perfect timing. Now you bastards are in trouble," Romeo said.

"Sic em' my puppies," Sugarboy commands his mucous slime to attack Gildarts.

"Watch out! Don't let it touch you!" Wendy shouts.

"It couldn't do it even if it tried," Gildarts extends his hand and shatters the mucous slime into pieces. Sugarboy's jaw drops.

"My doggies!" Sugarboy shouts.

"Complete the mission now, Sugarboy! I'll deal with this one," Byro commands.

"Sorry, sir!" Sugarboy calls up his mucous slime and goes after Lucy Heartfillia.

"You gotta go through us if you want to get her!" Natsu shouts.

"That can be rearranged," Coco punches left and right with her immense Speed at Natsu and the others.

Sugarboy calls for his shattered mucous slime and attacks Jet, Droy, Levy, Romeo, Wendy, Carla, and Happy. They are absorbed and thrown aside. The mucous slime grabs Natsu and throws him into several trees. Sugarboy and Coco go after Lucy Heartfilla.

"Damn.., I can't use magic," Romeo feels weak like before.

Gildarts leaps at Byro. He uses his magic, and Byro nullifies it. Gildart's shatter magic is redirected into hitting the trees behind Byro. Gildarts punches Byro but, Byro uses his staff to absorb Gildart's strength and nullifies it. Gildarts now see the difficulty of this opponent.

"I don't have time for you," Byro uses his nullifying magic to strip Gildarts of his magic temporarily.

"Oh crap," Gildarts doesn't feel any of his magic power.

"Kanaloa, toss him."

Kanaloa is the name of the gigantic octopus Byro is riding on. Kanaloa uses his tentacle and throws Gildarts far away from the area.

"Gildarts!" Natsu screams in horror. He has never seen Gildarts defeated that way before. Everyone around Natsu that is defeated watches in horror. One of their strongest wizards defeated at ease.

"Kanaloa, we're done here," Byro said. "Let's get moving."

It's been twenty minutes of running for Lucy and Michelle. They stop by a tall oak tree to catch their breath.

"I...hope...the...others...are...having...a...better...chance...than...earlier..," Michelle pants.

"With Jet around, he can maybe even the playing field in the speed force. As for Sugarboy and Mary Hughes.., I'm not sure," Lucy said.

"Wow, finding you was way easier than I thought," Mary Hughes is behind him. "Now that I know who you are, there's no point in running, Lucy Heartfillia."

"That does it! Open Gate of the Golden Bull, Tauras!" Lucy summons Tauras.

Taurus wields his ax. "Wow, Lucy. Have I ever told you, you have a nice body?"

"Big sis, the cowman is a perv," Michelle said.

"Don't remind me. Taurus, take out Mary Hughes right now!"

"Yes, Ma'am," Taurus goes after Mary Hughes.

"Do you have short-term memory loss or something?" Mary Hughes uses her conducting magic to manipulate Taurus, but it does nothing for her.

"Sorry, darling. No one mooves me around," Taurus swings his ax at Mary Hughes.

"It didn't work," Michelle said in glee.

"Oh yeah, it didn't. Her magic can control humans, not Celestial Spirits."

"Maybe it works on baby dragons?" Michelle said.

"No way. Her magic didn't work on him, remember?"

"He was too big to be controlled."

Taurus continues to swing his ax at Mary Hughes. She continues dodging each attack. Taurus sees Mary Hughes' chest, and his mind explodes with all sorts of perverted imagery. All Taurus thinks about is smooching Mary Hughes so, Lucy closes his gate key and summons Scorpio.

"Wicked! You leave this one to me, Lucy. Sandblaster!" Scorpio unleashes his sandblaster at Mary Hughes.

Mary Hughes dodges out of the way and decides to use her conducting arts magic to grab hold of Lucy. She uses Lucy like a shield. Scorpio moves his sand away but causes Michelle to get hit instead. Michelle is knocked out due to the impact of the sandblaster.

"Think fast!" Mary Hughes uses her magic to hurl Lucy at Scorpio. Scorpio takes the hit and returns to the Celestial Spirit World. "Now, come here," Mary Hughes forces Lucy to walk towards her. She relishes Lucy's cries as her body is forced to walk to Mary.

"Stop! Please! What do you want from me?" Lucy is at the mercy of Mary Hughes.

"There is something in your possession that I'm after," Mary Hughes uses her magic to force Lucy into handing her the clock piece that's in the briefcase.

"This is what you're after?" Lucy is trying to resist Mary Hughes' magic.

"Yep. Now, hand it over," Mary Hughes chuckles a bit.

"NO! This is my father's memento, and he gave it to me! There's no way I'll let you have it!"

"That makes it more fun for me," Mary Hughes takes delight in Lucy's suffering of stripping an artifact from her. She takes the briefcase away from Lucy while Lucy drops to the ground. "Thank you for your donation. The Archbishop is going to freak."

"Give it back!" Lucy said in tears.

"I'll give you something," Mary Hughes kicks Lucy away from her and throws a lacrima flare in the skies. The lacrima flare alerts Byro, Samuel, Sugarboy, and Coco that their job is a success. They leave the forest to regroup and go back to headquarters.

Twenty minutes later, Erza and Gray see Lucy and Michelle on the ground in defeat. The two come up to them.

"What happened here?" Erza helps Lucy up.

"They took it..," Lucy sniffs.

"Who?" Gray helps Michelle up.

"The ones behind the church burnings. These wizards came at absolutely nowhere and beat us up badly earlier today, but Spike even the odds and dominated them. Then they ambushed us a while ago. They took the clock piece."

"That's horrible," Gray said.

"Where was Spike?" Erza said, sounding serious.

"He's with Elfman, Mirajane, and Lisanna. Somehow, they had info about me living with Spike. They were looking for me but they never seen me before. We decided it would be best that Spike doesn't sleep in my apartment to protect my identity."

"I see. Well, this is a dangerous situation," Erza said.

"With much discussion and rumors swirling around, we may be in the midst of a Holy War," Gray said.

"Holy War?" Lucy is confused.

"It's what we heard around town. Rumors spread rather quickly to our dismay. Where are the others?" Erza asks.

"Probably still fighting Sugarboy and Coco."

"What?" Gray and Erza are in shock.

"It's not Edolas Sugarboy and Coco. It's Earth Land's version of them."

"Let's get everyone to the guildhall and recover from this mess. Then we'll conduct an investigation on the matter," Erza said.

Erza and Gray follow Lucy and Michelle back to the area they were fighting Sugarboy and Coco. When they arrive, everyone is down, drained of their magic energy, and defeated. Erza and Gray are shocked by everyone in the state their in.

"What happened here?" Gray asks Natsu.

"Total annihilation. Even Gildarts was defeated."

"No way!" Gray is flabbergast.

"We saw it with our own eyes. This guy came in with a gigantic octopus and defeated Gildarts by nullifying his magic," Droy said.

"I wish Spike was here to help. He would have evened the playing field for sure," Levy said.

"Or Elfman," Jet said.

"Or Mirajane," Romeo said.

"Who were those punks anyway?" Droy asks.

"Mary Hughes mentioned the Archbishop," Lucy said.

"What?!" Everyone said in unison.

"Damn that guy," Gildarts walks back and regroups with everyone. "Can any of you get up?"

Jet, Droy, Levy, Natsu, Romeo, Happy, Carla, and Wendy gets up. They are still drained of magic energy. Everyone returns to the guildhall. Wakaba, Cana, and Macao are surprised to see the anguish and sadness coming from their friends.

"We have a serious situation," Erza said.

Lucy explains all that she knows from her encounter with Mary Hughes and the mentioning of the Archbishop. Silence reign for a few moments. They now know the circumstance they're in.

"The Archbishop must have sent the Legion Platoon. That's who we encountered earlier," Wakaba said.

"Can't believe it's Zentopia's doing," Cana said.

"Why would the largest organized church of Fiore would do something like that?" Macao asks.

"Don't know why. All we know is they took Lucy's clock piece away," Gildarts said.

"Holy War is among us," Makarov said.

"All that matter is they stole from Lucy. I swear, we'll get back what rightfully belongs to you," Natsu turns to Lucy.

"Hey Lucy, should we get Spike to come back home?" Michelle asks.

Lucy sighs. "We'll grab him tomorrow. He's probably sleeping by now."

"We should start planning what to do next. The question is, why go after Lucy's clock piece?" Erza asks.

"I remember the incantation of the clock piece earlier today before they attacked us the first time. Time ticks forward untoward inevitable chaos."

"Chaos huh, that means no rules and I like the idea of laws being outlawed," Gray said shirtless.

"Now that, I can get behind with," Natsu said in excitement.

"We need rules, Natsu. That's how we function in life."

"Happy's right, Natsu. Rules were created to protect people's freedom and safety. Without them, there'll be strife and flawless," Makarov said.

"So, if Zentopia succeeds, they can rewrite the rules?" Macao asks.

"I don't like the sound of that," Wakaba said, smoking a cigar.

"Hold on, if they took Lucy's clock piece. What are the chances they search for all the other pieces?" Romeo asks.

"That would be a possibility. If we can determine what their goal is, then perhaps we can figure out the significance of Lucy's keepsake," Erza said.

"I say we find out where they went and make them talk," Gray suggests.

"Sounds like fun to me," Natsu concurs.

"I don't know where we should start looking," Lucy said.

"I'll see what my fortune-telling brings up. It's bound to give us a few ideas on where to start," Cana said.

"Until then, everyone get some shuteye. We'll be needing the energy for tomorrow's mission," Erza decrees.

"Please, can we bring Spike back home," Michelle begs Lucy.

Lucy sighs. "No. We need to let him be for the night. He's going to be highly upset that we were ambushed, and he wasn't around to help us. Now, let's go home. We had a long night."

"Okay..," Michelle said in defeat.

With the clock piece now in the hands of the Legion Platoon, Lucy and Michelle walk back home peacefully. It is 11:30 at night when they arrive at the apartment. Lucy and Michelle lay down on the beds and go to sleep after having a rough night.

PreviousChapters Next