• Published 7th Jan 2021
  • 11,038 Views, 7,083 Comments

Spike the Fairy - PonyJoel

  • ...
55
 7,083
 11,038

PreviousChapters Next
Equestria's Depletion of Magic Day Two: Tartarus

Twilight Sparkle, Starlight Glimmer, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, Applejack, and Rarity are on their way to Tartarus. They've been traveling since yesterday. The flies and weather have gotten the better of everypony during their travel. After hours of traveling, the girls approach the gates to Tartarus.

"Finally, we're here," Twilight said.

"We only have today and tomorrow before Equestria loses all of its magic. Time matters, so we better make sure every second count," Starlight said.

"Gotta give it to the kid for suggesting to take the Key of Unfettered Entrance," Rainbow said.

"No kidding. Otherwise, we'll be sitting ducks," Pinkie said, eating a moldy cupcake.

Starlight takes out the Key of Unfettered Entrance to unlock the seal of Tartarus. The doors to Tartarus open while the key shatters. Starlight forgot that using the key only works once. Twilight and her friends enter Tartarus when a cockatrice stares at them. Everypony shields their eyes except Pinkie Pie. She alerts that the cockatrice's magic has failed.

"Oh no, it's the second day. That means creatures lose their magic abilities," Fluttershy said.

"Uh, that may have been a good thing for us. Otherwise, we'll turn to stone," Applejack said.

"No, that's bad. That means we have less than two days to complete our objective," Said Twilight.

"Now, where is Cerberus," Starlight said.

Twilight and her friends wander off to find Cerberus in Tartarus. A few seconds later, Cerberus approaches them and wonders why they are here. Fluttershy volunteers to talk to Cerberus and politely asks to visit Tirek. Fluttershy pets and shows Cerberus a little love and care like a pet. Cerberus licks Fluttershy a little and escorts them to Tirek's cage.

"The Princess of Friendship. Here for a visit," Tirek turns to Twilight and her friends walking up to his cage. "What have I've done to earn the honor of your company?"

"We want answers, Tirek. Magic is disappearing from Equestria."

"Oh, I know. What a waste of delicious power," Tirek licks his lips.

"So, you are behind this!" Rainbow shouts at Tirek.

"Silly filly, if I had all that magic, you still think I'll be locked up in this cage? However, I may know something about it," Tirek chuckles a bit.

"Where is Equestria's magic going to, Tirek? What's making it disappear?" Twilight demands.

"If you let me out, I'm sure it'll make me more persuasive," Tirek smirks a little. "What do you say? I scratch your back, and you'll scratch mine."

"How about you tell us what you know or, you'll be stuck here forever because we're all out of magic keys, and no pony can open the door," Rainbow Dash grabs hold of Tirek's goatee.

"Oh, that's right. We only had a way in, not out," Starlight looks at the ground a bit.

Tirek laughs in triumph. "What a pity. Well, for you, that is and sweet revenge for me. It seems that my little protege's plan worked out after all," The girls gasps after hearing that statement.

"Which little protege?" Applejack asks Tirek.

"Oh, we've never met. We're pen pals. Each letter had so many questions about draining magic."

"And you answered them?!" Pinkie jumps onto Tirek's cage to get closer to his face.

"Well, I was bored. Being locked in the cage for the rest of your life is boring, and I needed the entertainment. So, I pointed my pen pal in the right direction," Tirek answers while Pinkie falls off the cage.

"Can't you just tell us who the protege is since we'll be stuck in Tartarus for the rest of our lives?" Fluttershy asks.

"Oh, why not. The irony is too perfect. Her name is Cozy Glow," Tirek smiles.

Twilight and her friends' jaw drops in horror and shock. Twilight couldn't believe that she taught Cozy Glow so much in so little time. Starlight couldn't believe that a young filly like Cozy Glow is the one draining all magic in Equestria. Tirek is laughing at the faces Twilight and the girls are showing.

"I'm not a fan of ponies, but draining your precious world of magic so she can trap the seven of you was inspiring!" Tirek proclaims.

"Oh no.., and.., and..," Starlight starts freaking out a bit. "The School of Friendship is under siege because of her! Spike and Discord are under the weather! There's no protection, and the Princesses have no clue what's truly happening!"

"We gotta get out of here!" Rainbow Dash soars fast and hopes to tear down the doors with her immense speed. Instead of bursting through the door, she crashes and falls.

"Fail," Pinkie said.

"How are we going to get out?" Fluttershy asks.

Twilight looks at the creatures in containment. She understands that the creatures are losing their magic power. However, she affirms that they could borrow the magic power of what makes each creature who and what they are. Twilight commands that Applejack and Rainbow Dash should help entertain and tire Cerberus.

"You ponies are trapped here forever like me. If my protege's plans work as I instructed, tomorrow when the sun sets, all magic in Equestria are gone forever!"

Twilight flies up to Tirek's cage. "Have you even thought about what losing magic would mean?"

"It means that the seven of you will be trapped here. Like me," Tirek laughs.

"Exactly," Twilight smirks. "It means you're trapped here. Forever. With us," Twilight has a smug look on her face.

Tirek groans a little as he miscalculated the fall of Equestria a bit. "I haven't thought about it like that..," Tirek becomes a little worried with the unfortunate possibilities of torture that Twilight and her friends can unleash.

"So, what's next?" Starlight shouts to Twilight.

"We'll have to tire Cerberus a bit more to use his magic. Fluttershy is going to talk with the other creatures in lending their magic to help rescue theirs."

"I'm pretty sure Tirek has some magic we can use and, I'll be the pony who'll extract it from him," Pinkie trots to Tirek's cage.

Rarity helps Applejack and Rainbow Dash tire Cerberus long enough for him to transfer his magic to Twilight. Starlight hopes that everyone in the school is doing okay. She wonders if Spike and Discord are trying to stop Cozy Glow's plans. Pinkie Pie is annoying Tirek into submission with her fun-loving attitude. Pinkie goes even further by saying she can keep it up for all eternity. Tirek taps out to Pinkie's antics and decides to help Twilight and her friends leave.

It takes Applejack, Rainbow, and Rarity three hours to tire Cerberus long enough to borrow his magic. Fluttershy has every creature in Tartarus willing to lend their magic to Twilight. Tirek wants Pinkie to stop tormenting him with her fun-loving attitude. Starlight couldn't stop circling. She's worried about every creature in the hooves of Cozy Glow's clutches.

"Now, Tirek. Give Twilight your magic, or I'll give you a big huuuuuug," Pinkie is ready to hug Tirek.

"No! Take it!" Tirek shoots his magic energy at Twilight.

"Every creature, time to share," Fluttershy said. Every creature in Tartarus lends its magic to Twilight.

Twilight takes the magic from Cerberus and turns to the gates on Tartarus. She uses the magic to open the gates, allowing her friends to leave. She flies out of the gates as the door shuts behind her.

"I'm glad we're out," Starlight sees the sun setting. "We have one day to get back to Ponyville and stop Cozy Glow."

"Let's get moving. We still have a chance to save Equestria before it's too late."

Twilight and her friends gallop as fast as they can to Ponyville. Starlight hopes that Discord is well enough to stop Cozy Glow from taking all the magic in Equestria.

PreviousChapters Next