• Published 7th Jan 2021
  • 11,082 Views, 7,083 Comments

Spike the Fairy - PonyJoel

  • ...
55
 7,083
 11,082

PreviousChapters Next
Happy's Request?

Happy heads over to his home where Natsu should be, expecting a not-so-smart conversation about love since he knows Natsu doesn't have a love interest. He can't wait to embrace the new world of tomorrow.

"Natsu, how was your day!" Happy shouts, entering his home. He doesn't see Natsu. "Natsu?" He looks around and doesn't see Natsu anywhere. "He must be at Lucy and Spike's apartment. Aw man, Spike could be revealing my lies to them!" Happy panics. "Wait, I know!" Happy finds a club. "I'll whack myself on the head and give myself amnesia. Then, when the questions come, I won't remember what happened!" Happy goes to his bed and whacks himself on the head. By the time he wakes up, he won't remember the lies he made.

The next day. It's a bright, shiny day in Magnolia. It's 9:45 in the morning. Happy wakes up and notices that the house got ransacked.

"AAAAAH!" Happy screams. "I can't believe it! We've been robbed in our sleep! Natsu!" Happy frantically calls for Natsu. "Natsu!" Happy searches around the house in search of Natsu. "Wait a minute," Happy sees dust on the floors, plates shattered, and roots from trees sticking out. "What is happening?" A funny thought comes to Happy. "Of course, It's Warrod's doing. That guy knows how to bring comedy with his plant magic."

Happy decides to leave the house. Outside of his home, the grass is withered, the walls of his home have mold, and there are dead wingfish everywhere.

"Yuck!" Happy covers his nose. "They smell worse than taste!" The odor gets to Happy, causing him to vomit on the grass. "Oh.., I'm sure Natsu won't mind cleaning that up."

Happy jumps as usual to activate his flight magic. Instead, he falls flat on his face. "Ow!" He gets up and rubs his cheek. "What's up with my magic?" Happy gasps and remembers why he can't fly. "Rage," He balls his fists. "Rage must have neutralized my flight magic with his flames!"

With no other choice, Happy runs to the guildhall. Happy hopes to see if anyone can help regain his flight magic from Fairy Rage's spell. Ten minutes later. Happy arrives in the streets of Magnolia to see it mainly annihilated.

"What the?!" Housings and many buildings are ruined. The Kardia Cathedral has many windows broken and smokes coming out of the rooftops. There's much white marble statued debris all over the streets of Magnolia, people outside using metal barrels to keep warm. "What did I miss?" Happy runs into the streets of Magnolia.

Many people and their remaining families are suffering. Some kids are crying for food. The misery from many people gets the better of Happy, and he wants to know why Fairy Tail isn't helping out. Happy runs to the guildhall, only to see it as a crater.

"Not again?!" Happy grabs the back of his head. He looks around in search of any of his friends. "Where are they?!" Happy becomes frustrated. An idea comes to his mind. One that is dreaded and makes him sweat. "Aw, man. I have no choice but to seek Spike and Fairy Rage."

Happy runs to Lucy and Spike's apartment. The apartment is in shambles. Without giving much thought, Happy runs inside and goes straight into Lucy and Spike's apartment. He opens the door to see the room covered in dust. Spike's bed is missing. "Lucy! Natsu!" Happy doesn't want to say Spike and Fairy Rage's names. He hopes they're somewhere trying to fix maybe.., Crocus.

Happy doesn't hear anyone and leaves. Fear succumbs to his mind, and he doesn't know who or where to turn. "The Fairy Hills Dorm!" Happy hopes at some miracle, the dorm still stands, and there are Fairy Tail Wizards.

Happy runs to the Fairy Hills Dorm. He gets tired and hungry from exerting a lot of energy into running and should be walking. Happy continues to push himself. It turns out on foot; it's a forty-five-minute run to the dorm. Happy arrives and sees the building burnt but still standing.

"What a relief," Happy sighs in relief and enters. This is Happy's first time in the dorm. He walks up the stairs. "Hello! Anyone here?!" Happy hears the door opening. Two Fairy Tail Wizards and- "Carla!" Happy runs up to Carla.

"Happy.., you're alive!" Carla is not in her humanoid cat form. She's in her exceed form wearing a dress. She runs and hugs him.

"Happy?" Wendy comes out of the room. She's wearing a black jean jacket and blue torn jeans. Her blue hair is short, and no longer has pigtail extensions.

"I can't believe it!" Erza is in tears. She's wearing her armor, but it's dented and old. Erza's red hair is shorter.

Happy returns the hug. "What happened to the guildhall? What happened to Magnolia?"

"You don't remember?" Carla asks. She's puzzled as to why Happy is behaving the way he is.

"Remember what?" Happy is confused. He turns to Wendy and Erza. "What happened in Magnolia? Why is it desolate? Where's Natsu, Lucy, Gray, Gajeel, and the others?"

Erza and Wendy look at each other with sad expressions. They sigh sadly.

"Have you forgotten what happened, Happy?" Carla steps back a bit, knowing Happy will not like the outcome.

"Please! Tell me! What happened to our guild! What happened to Magnolia!" Happy shouts. He wants answers.

"Happy, the war with Tartaros ended over a year ago. We lost," Carla answers one of Happy's questions.

"What?!" Happy steps back a bit. "No.., no, no, no, no, no, no, no," Happy shakes his head. "That's not possible. We defeated them. I remembered that battle!"

"We fought Tartaros, and we lost, Happy. They succeeded in rendering Earth Land's magic power useless entirely," Wendy sits down. The memories come back to haunt her. "We couldn't beat them!"

"Then, Tartaros are the new rulers of Earth Land now?" Happy asks Erza.

"Not exactly. Demons of Tartaros are bound to Zeref, the Faces self-destructed. Zeref lost all of his magic. Without Zeref's magic, they ceased to exist."

Happy's jaw drops, and he covers his face. "They brought calamity on themselves..." Another thought comes to Happy. "What happened to Acnologia?"

"When the Faces self-destructed, Acnologia lost his magic and Dragon Slaying Abilities. He fell to his demise for being high in the sky," Erza answers. "I remembered like it was yesterday. Many of our friends died."

"What about Spike? Did he die?" Happy asks, knowing it's a painful question to ask.

"Who?" Erza, Wendy, and Carla counter Happy's question.

"Spike. You know, the Legendary Fairy Dragon? Spike the Fairy?" Happy see the confused looks on Erza, Carla, and Wendy's faces.

"We have no idea who you are talking about, Happy," Carla said.

"Who is this Spike you speak of?" Erza asks Happy.

"Fairy Dragon? Spike the Fairy? Doesn't ring any bells," Wendy said.

"WHAAAAAAAAAAT?!" Happy is in shock. He believes it's some sort of prank. "Erza! You and Spike created a brother-sister-type bond days after he arrived in the guildhall! Wendy, you and Spike are a couple! You held and kissed him, raving about how much you adore him! The entire guild knows you two are a young couple! Carla, you and Spike are friends. Also, he has a second soul, which you fell in love with, called Fairy Rage!"

"Did you hit your head hard, Happy?" Carla doesn't recall Spike the Fairy nor Fairy Rage.

"Are you feeling alright, Happy?" Erza approaches Happy to read his eyes and body language.

"Happy, I'm not in a relationship. Spike the Fairy doesn't exist. I know cause I have no idea who he is."

Happy pants. "That's ridiculous! Spike's been with Fairy Tail ever since he fell from the skies! Natsu and I brought him to the guildhall. A day before the Fairy Tail Battle Royale, Laxus and the Thunder Legion devised! He gave you confidence during the coalition with Lamia Scale and Blue Pegasus! You even kissed his cheek after showing gratitude. I saw it! He helped our guild in many battles and wars, helped bring the title of the Grand Magic Games, he even pulled Fairy Law against Twilight and Celestia during Day Four of the Grand Magic Games! Spike brought the fight to Acnologia before we went on our seven-year snooze!"

"Happy, you're hallucinating," Carla slaps some sense into Happy. "There is no Spike the Fairy. You must have been in a comatose state."

"WHERE'S NATSU?! HE'LL CONFIRM EVERYTHING I TOLD YOU! HE WAS THERE WHEN SPIKE ARRIVED IN THE EAST FOREST! HE HELPED SOLVE MANY RIDDLES, THEORIES, PUZZLES, AND MORE!" Happy is shaking his head. "He was there and ready to help. Fighting for Fairy Tail."

"Happy," Carla walks up to Happy. "Natsu is gone."

"NO!" Happy remembers that Natsu is E.N.D. Natsu is bound to Zeref and must have died. "Spike lives with Lucy in the apartment! Ever since he first arrived, Lucy allowed him to bunk with her ever since! She can tell you all about-"

"Lucy is dead, Happy," Wendy said.

"Most of our friends in Fairy Tail are gone, Happy. There's only a few of us remaining," Erza said. She sees Happy in tears.

"You're wrong!" Happy steps back and falls back. "You're.., you're..," Happy cries.

"Let's bring him inside," Wendy picks up Happy.

Wendy, Erza, and Carla return to their room. Their room is cleaner than anything outside. Happy cries for a half-hour before calming himself.

"We're sorry for bringing the bad news. Though it's great seeing you alive," Wendy said.

"We thought you died with Natsu. It's been over a year since we last saw you," Carla said. She sits next to Happy.

Happy gets the girl, but a dystopian future is the cost. He covers his face in shame. "Who's around?"

"Mirajane, Levy, and Romeo. They've gone their separate ways, not wanting to be in a depressing town," Erza said. She wishes the guild was still together, happily and thriving.

"What about the rest of the guilds in Fiore?" Happy asks Erza.

"Sabertooth disbanded after Sting and Rogue passed. Lamia Scale and Mermaid Heel stand united, but many members departed. Since there is no more magic, life without magic wasn't worth living."

"Many have tried to find purpose without magic, but..," Wendy sighs.

"Many brilliant minds have perished due to the Faces self-destruction sequenced. We have no backup plan to fix or make changes. All we can do is live until we perish," Carla depressingly expresses.

"Nonononononononono!" Happy refuses to accept the new reality. "This isn't what Magnolia or Earth Land is supposed to be!" A thought comes to Happy's mind. "Tergeri!"

"Who?" Erza, Wendy, and Carla ask.

"Tergeri is behind the change! Our world is not bleak but rich with magic power!" Happy shouts. Erza, Wendy, and Carla believe Happy has lost his mind. "I'll be back!" Happy leaves the room and decides to check the building from the dark alley.

"Should we follow him?" Wendy asks Erza.

Erza grabs a sword she forged many months ago. "Yes. We need to keep a close eye on him. Many scavs may want to eat Happy since food is scarce. Let's go."

Erza and Wendy follow Happy's trail. As usual, Carla will remain in the room where it's safe. For many months since food is scarce, many scavengers, cults, and even survivors have been eating Exceeds since other animal kingdoms are extinct.

PreviousChapters Next