• Published 7th Jan 2021
  • 11,053 Views, 7,083 Comments

Spike the Fairy - PonyJoel

  • ...
55
 7,083
 11,053

PreviousChapters Next
Act IV: Relapse

Author's Note:

Characters for the play already revealed:

Skeeter - Fairy Rage
Mika - Carla
Galvin - Spike
Titan - Orga
First Narrator - Yukino
Second Narrator - Lyon

The stage curtain rises after a few minutes pass. The background reveals a small, broken-down village. The scenery appears to be nighttime, with some candles lit around. Galvin aimlessly walks due to his sight no longer being available.

"Okay, Galvin. No need to..," Galvin gets startled by a faint sound in the background. It shows the viewers that losing a sense can be costly for any outcomes not yet encountered.

Sounds of rustling with the winds cause Galvin to panic, especially with footsteps echoing. The echoing becomes louder as a man wielding a long sword confronts Galvin and kicks his face. Galvin lands on the floor hard with his sword separated from him.

"Who's there?!" Galvin shrieks and pants heavily. All he sees is darkness.

"I have many names. The Butcher; The Relentless. You may call me Richard the Ruthless!" Richard uses his long sword to slash Galvin's chest.

Richard is Rufus' character. Richard wears a long red overcoat with golden edges, a black inner armor vest with blood stains spelled Ruthlessly, brown mildly baggy pleated pants tucked inside his black boots knee high, a red archery cloth face mask, and a long leather belt buckle that holds two swords. Richard also has an eyepatch on his right eye.

"Richard!" Galvin stumbles back. His first encounter with Richard ended up succeeding by taking his right eye, preventing his ability to shoot incinerating heat vision that vaporizes anything on contact instantly.

"Galvin," Richard lifts Galvin. His tone sounds bitter with the distaste of defeat from the last encounter. "So defenseless without your vision, huh?" He slaps him hard and throws Galvin into a barrel full of wine. "Now, I can claim victory and vengeance for taking what I love!" Richard's left eye glows. Since he cannot use his heat vision, Richard can channel the energy into his strength. "Fight me!" Richard taunts Galvin's dilemma and laughs with satisfaction.

Galvin conjures a new metallic flame sword and holds it close to him. His defensive stance trembles due to the uncertainty of Richard's prowess and positioning. Galvin swings his sword at the slightest sound, which is not Richard's doing. Richard leaps over Galvin and kicks his back into a run-downed house in the background. It collapses on him.

"How Spike ever agreed to this is beyond me," Laxus said. He wonders who else will beat up Spike's character in this scene.

"Huh, did you expect a beating like this, Sting?" Lector asks Sting. He continues to watch Richard shamelessly give Galvin a beating of a lifetime.

"To be honest, I don't know, Lector. I didn't anticipate Orga and Rufus demonstrating their prowess against Spike in a play like this. I wonder if Wendy and Sherria are healing the actors slightly, so the pain doesn't overwhelm them," Sting replies.

"That's a possible theory," Lector said. He's putting Sting's theory into thought.

"This is heartbreaking to watch," Lucy said, watching Spike's character pummeled.

"Spike can take a pounding. Plus, he agreed to this for his role," Gajeel replies.

"The beating should be nothing compared to fighting Acnologia," Gray said, injecting himself into the conversation.

"I agree with my beloved," Juvia concurs. "Also, it's to tell a story that not all beginnings have an easy path."

"Point taken," Natsu, Happy, and Lucy said.

Galvin drops his sword after taking a pounding from the onslaught Richard gave him. Galvin has a hard time breathing due to the amount of pain he has. Richard grips his sword and aims to strike Galvin's exposed neck.

"For ten years, I waited for this exact moment! You took my ability to incinerate anyone I want! Now, I take your breath away!" Richard shouts.

If Galvin could close his eyes, he would have done it and waited for the inevitable. However, a loud clang happens within a flash. Galvin wonders what Richard struck.

Richard sees another sword that saved Galvin's life. "Who are you?"

"I'm Angelina," Angelina is Kagura's character. She wears a beautiful blue kimono, a black ribbon wrapped around her waist, white thigh-high socks, and wooden sandals. Also, Angelina wears a white headband with a white ribbon tied at the middle in a bow, pointing straight up. "Attacking my brother is a grave mistake!" Angelina disarms Richard roughly and kicks his stomach, causing Richard to drop to his knees, not knowing how strong Angelina is.

"Wait!" Richard pleas before receiving another blow from Angelina's sword. He gets stuffed into a barrel and rolls off the set. Many people cheered for Kagura's role and stopped the senseless beating.

Angelina turns to Galvin and notices the scenery getting darker and bleaker. "No..," Angelina knows what's coming and picks up Galvin. "I won't let you take him!" Angelina runs off stage, carrying Galvin to safety while the darkness draws near. The stage curtains descend.

"So, Rogue is casting that shadow. I wonder what else he does," Sting said.

"I wonder what character Frosch will be, Sting," Lector said. He sees Rogue's shadows engulfing the stage as the stage curtains descend.

"I'm surprised that Kagura has chosen to become Galvin's sister for the play. Here I thought she'll be a mentor of some sort," Beth Vanderwood said.

"Well, if it's Kagura's role, I wonder what Erza's character portrays as," Risley Law said now that she and her guildmates see their leader in action.

"I wonder what else Rogue will do in the play. Any ideas, Gajeel?" Panther Lily asks.

"Probably sinister. Like darkness within a soul or a creature that lures those fallen so low into a deeper pit that shines no light for relief or comfort."

"Wow, that sounds terrifying," Levy said, imagining a likely scenario in the play.

The stage curtains rise, revealing a bedroom on the stage with birds singing and trees in the background. Galvin is on the bed while Angelina is right beside him.

"I can't see.., I'm.., I'm.., I'm..," Galvin starts tearing up. "USELESS!" Galvin bursts into tears, crying his eyes out, which causes more pain when the tears sting his wound.

Angelina looks down and wipes her brother's tears. She softly coos to him. "You're not useless, Galvin. You never were," Angelina rubs Galvin's head. She removes Galvin's modified blindfold to see his eyes. She gasps in horror.

"I'm useless!" Galvin blurs in sadness and anger. "I lost my sight, my fight, and the love of my life! I fought honorably and still lost!"

"It's okay to lose once in a while, Galvin," Angelina nurturing speaks to comfort Galvin's anguish.

"NO, IT'S NOT!" Galvin shouts angrily and pants. "I CAN'T SEE YOU, SEE THE BEAUTY OF OUR WORLD. HELL! I CAN'T EVEN SEE IF SOMEONE WERE TO ATTACK ME! OUT THERE, I'M TARGET PRACTICE!" Galvin didn't mean to lose his cool, but the frustrations got him.

Angelina takes a deep breath. "I understand your-" Angelina gets interrupted.

"NO, YOU DON'T! YOU'RE NOT BLIND! I AM! YOU DIDN'T GET YOUR ASS KICKED! I DID! YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT LOSS IS UNTIL YOU LOSE IT!"

Angelina sheds some tears. "I lost you to darkness once. I refuse to allow it to happen again."

Galvin sarcastically chuckles at the statement. "LOST ME TO DARKNESS. WELL, GUESS WHAT? ALL I SEE IS DARKNESS!"

"No, I didn't mean it like-" Angelina gets interrupted a second time.

"GET OUT!" Galvin points to the window. He thinks he's pointing to the door.

Angelina sadly sighs. "As you wish," Angelina gets up and walks to the door. She turns back to look at her brother and sighs. Shaking her head, she leaves the room, walking off stage.

Silence reigns, with everyone awestruck by Galvin's outburst. Some in the audience feel connected when they lose something precious and can never get it back. The wizards watching are amazed to see how good the performance is and feel the tensions rising.

Galvin groans as the scenery get darker and shrouded in shadows. Two red eyes and sharp teeth emerge. Happy gets flashbacks from his visitation with Tergeri; He remembers purple eyes watching his every movement.

"Hello, darkness, my old friend," Galvin said when the area got cold.

"NOOO! NOT AGAIN!" Angelina comes rushing in, only for the darkness to knock her down on the floor.

"He's mine now," The Darkness replies.

"NOT AGAIN!" Angelina uses her sword to fight the darkness, keeping it away from Galvin. "DON'T LISTEN TO IT, BROTHER! FIGHT IT!" Angelina screams. She's scared that this'll be darkness extinguishing her only relative.

"I've come to talk with you again," Despite Galvin's lack of vision, he knows his darkness has come for him as he still remains in place.

PreviousChapters Next