• Published 7th Jan 2021
  • 11,120 Views, 7,093 Comments

Spike the Fairy - PonyJoel

  • ...
55
 7,093
 11,120

PreviousChapters Next
Spike vs Gildarts

It's been a few days since Spike has come home from the Akane Resort trip with Lisanna. Spike wakes up after dreaming about Wendy going on a date. He wants to make that a reality someday. Spike sees Lucy, Natsu, and Happy sitting by the table.

"Morning, Spike," Natsu chuckles.

"Morning, sleepyhead," Said Happy, chowing on a fish.

"Had a good sleep, Spike?" Lucy asks.

"I did. Today's the big day for me. I get to spar with Gildarts," Spike sees Natsu and Happy smiling more than usual. "Okay, what's the deal?"

"Well, after finding out that you'll be fighting with Gildarts, everyone will be watching and betting to see who will win," Natsu said.

"Whaaaaaaaat?!" Spike freaks a bit.

"Yea and my money is on Gildarts," Natsu said.

"Really? You don't think I can beat him?"

"I fought the old man plenty of times. He's wicked powerful. I don't know how long you will fare. If Gildarts were with us in Edolas, a lot of those chumps, including that Knightwalker guy, would be creamed."

"You do remember that my Edolas counterpart was the one who killed Gildarts Edolas counterpart, right?"

"Well, Gildarts is the strongest. That means that Edolas Gildarts had to be the weakest," Natsu replies.

Spike was about to counter, then he rethinks a little, agreeing with Natsu's statement. "Well played. However, this is different. I think the outcome will be different, so better switch sides before it backfires."

"Nah, I know Gildarts better than you and Lucy. Gildarts is going to cream you," Natsu eats his breakfast.

"We will see," Spike goes to the bathroom to freshen up for the day. He looks at himself in the mirror. "You got this. No bet is going to alter my thinking in this sparring. I can't make myself look like a fool in front of Wendy if she's watching."

"Spike," Natsu knocks on the bathroom door. "Lucy, Happy, and I will be waiting for you downstairs," Natsu, Happy, and Lucy leave the apartment to wait for Spike.

"Alright, Natsu," Spike leaves the bathroom and goes to the fridge. He makes a sandwich and takes it with him. He leaves the apartment and meets up with his friends.

"So, I'm guessing we're watching behind the guildhall?" Lucy asks Natsu.

"Yea, by the beach. The place where I fought Gildarts," Natsu chuckles.

"And lost badly," Happy snickers.

"Don't remind me!" Natsu fires back at Happy.

"Wow, I bet Spike can last longer than you did, Natsu," Lucy laughs a bit.

"Oh, c'mon!" Natsu is getting irritated, which causes Spike to laugh.

"How long did he last, Happy?" Spike asks.

"20 seconds," Happy teasingly says, which causes Lucy and Spike to laugh.

"That's a lie, and you know it, Happy! I lasted two minutes with the guy!"

Natsu, Happy, Lucy, and Spike arrive at the guildhall to see everyone outside. Master Makarov directs everyone to the beach where Gildarts is. Max Alors sets up a betting booth on the beach, taking all bets. Every Fairy Tail Wizard except for Wendy and Carla place their bets.

"So, what's the bet, Max?" Lucy asks.

"So far, I have over a hundred Fairy Tail Wizards betting their money in Gildarts on winning the fight. No one has chosen Spike the Fairy to win the fight."

"Seriously?!" Spike sounds a little upset.

"Well, I'm betting you to win or tie, Spike."

"The odds are not in your favor, Lucy. Wish you luck anyway, Spike."

"So, Fairy Dragon. You ready to fight?" Gildarts asks. He's betting himself to win the fight.

"I'm ready to win," Spike said. He looks at Gildarts.

"Sounds good, let's see what you're made of," Gildarts distances himself a bit.

Everyone gathers around to watch the fight. Carla and Wendy are with Gray and Erza. Wendy doesn't want to see them fighting each other like this. She is rooting for Spike. Carla thinks it's inhumane to bet against each other in a simple fight. Gajeel and Panther Lily are standing next to the Thunder Legion. They ask about Gildarts. They reply by saying that Gildarts is one of the strongest wizards in Fairy Tail.

Spike is a few feet away from Gildarts on the sand. Gildarts and Spike smirk at each other. Master Makarov rings the bell, signaling the two to fight.

"You're going down, Fairy Dragon," Gildarts said.

Spike's claws start glowing. He claps and creates his metallic flame sword to wield.

"Nice trick, Fairy Dragon. Though I'm going to show you how pointless the weapon is," Gildarts uses his Crush in the form of an energy blast to destroy Spike's sword.

Spike drops his sword as his claws are still glowing Sparkling Green and grab firm of the energy blast.

"What are you doing?!" Gildarts asks. He has never seen anyone grabbing his energy blast like that before.

"This!" Spike slams the crush energy blast into his metallic flame sword. "Sparkle Merger!"

"What's that?!" Gildarts is in shock.

Spike grabs his sword. "Spike wants!" His arms, his legs, his tail are expanding. His arms grow muscular, his chest and stomach are becoming ripped. Spike's scales on his head expand into a pointer spike. His teeth grow into fangs. His eyes are the same as he is now, the size of Laxus. "Say hello to my Metallic Sparkling Green Flare Shatter Sword," Spike chuckles.

"You gotta be kidding me!" Natsu is in shock. Everyone gasps after hearing what Spike said.

"A bluff," Gildarts say as he smirks. "It's a nice trick but, my magic can't be manipulated just like that."

"Damn, he figured me out that quickly." Spike thought to himself.

"Though, I'll admit. You look like Laxus if he were an actual dragon."

"Flame Sword Slicer!" Spike jumps in the air and slashes Sparkling Green Flames at Gildarts.

Gildarts blocks the attack by shattering it. Gildarts jumps in the air to punch Spike. Spike uses his fire breath to teleport Gildarts.

"What?" Gildarts could have sworn Spike was in front of him.

Spike uses his tail to swat Gildarts from behind. Gildarts lands on the sand and looks up. "So, that's what Master meant by teleporting people with your breath. Clever tactic. I give you that."

Spike smirks. "Ice Spike!" A Sparkling Green Ice Spike appears under Gildarts. It cuts a piece of his cloak as Gildarts jumps in the air.

"Impressive. I didn't think you can use ice magic as well."

"Fairy Dragon! Roooooooar!" Spike uses his fire breath attack at Gildarts.

"Not this time, kid," Gildarts shatters Spike's fire breath attack and punches Spike. Spike feels the full force of the punch and lands on the sand hard.

"Down and out," Natsu said.

"Well, least he lasted longer than you did, Salamander," Elfman said.

Spike gets up after the punch. Gildarts is impressed with Spike's durability. "Is that the hardest you can throw a punch, or were you holding back?" Spike asks.

Everyone oohed at that statement. Gildarts lands on the sand; he looks at Spike and reads his body language.

"So, you really want to go all out, huh?"

"You asked me to spar with you to test your body. It wouldn't be much of a test if you hold back."

"Very well," Gildarts powers up. "Your wish is my command!"

Everyone around feels Gildarts' magic power reaching higher peaks. They become a bit scared with the intensity building from Gildarts. Master Makarov remains calm as he knows what Gildarts is doing.

Spike senses Gildarts' power increasing. He positions himself to counter any attack Gildarts may throw at him. Gildarts takes the first step shattering the sand. Spike now sees the intensity of Gildarts' magic. Spike's claws start glowing again.

"You're going down, Fairy Dragon," Gildarts lunges at Spike, throwing another punch at his face.

Spike catches his punch with his claw. The impact of Gildarts' punch caught in Spike's claw causes the sand they stand on to explode. Everyone around gets whiplashed with sand in their faces.

"My eyes! I can't see!" Natsu screamed.

"That punch, so powerful!" Wendy shouts.

"Man, all of that from a single punch. It makes me wonder how strong Gildarts is," Said Gray.

"My turn," Spike gut punches Gildarts with the same force of energy Gildarts used. Gildarts is hurling back as he stands his ground. He clutches onto his stomach a bit, not anticipating that kind of maneuver.

"What..? How..?" Gildarts looks at Spike.

"I've been learning something new with my magic, transferring energy into my body and redirecting it back. Defense is sometimes my best offense."

"Wow, Spike continues to impress me. He's using his head and strengths like the time during the 24-Hour Endurance Race," Master Makarov said. He couldn't help but smile at Spike's focused mentality.

"He's a wonder to behold, Master," Erza said.

"No joke, when he first came, he didn't even know the basis of magic. Now, he's getting stronger by the day," Said Lucy.

Spike raises his claw, creating a Sparkling Green Fireball. Gildarts hits the ground with a powerful strike, fused with his crash magic that sends shockwaves at Spike. Disrupting Spike's Fireball as he hobbles over but, Gildarts notices the look in Spike's eyes.

"Gotcha again," Spike's Fireball absorbs Gildarts crash magic on the ground with his fireball and presses his claws. "Inferno Crashing Wave!" Sparkling Green Flares with Crash Magic infused; is fired at Gildarts.

Gildarts extends his hand to neutralize Spike's Inferno Crashing Wave. It shatters and explodes on contact. Spike roars as he's all fired up. Spike charges at Gildarts. After Gildarts hears Spike's warcry, his body starts trembling. When he looks at Spike, he sees the Black Dragon he fought and lost.

"No..," Gildarts tries to punch the dragon but, it dodges out of the way. He grits his teeth as he sees the Black Dragon toying with him. He tries using his energy blast to shatter the Black Dragon but, it absorbed it like was nothing and breathes fire at him. Gildarts gets hit with the fire breath attack and gets knocked down to the sand.

"No way! Gildarts is losing to Spike?!" Natsu shouts.

Everyone around is in shock; they are watching Gildarts now getting his ass handed to him by Spike. Spike is punching left and right. He uses his Fairy Dragon Roar to knock down Gildarts. Spike is getting excited as he's powering up. Master Makarov is the only one watching Gildarts' body language. Two things pop into his mind, Gildarts is letting Spike win or Gildarts having his PTSD.

Gildarts powers up while fear is getting a hold of him. Spike leaps at Gildarts to hit him with his Inferno Blazing Fist. Gildarts, nearly full-powered, punches the Black Dragon so hard on his head. He sees the Black Dragon down and stomps on his neck. Gildarts is then tackled by several of his guildmates.

"No! Stop! I need to kill the black dragon!" Gildarts frantically pleas.

Natsu slaps Gildarts several times in the face. "Get a grip, old man! That wasn't what you saw! That was Spike!" Natsu grips Gildarts shirt to pull him up and point. "Look!"

Gildarts sees Spike motionless on the ground as Wendy is tending to him, using her Sky Magic to heal Spike from the gruesome attack. Spike is no longer the size of Laxus as he's reverted to his size. Wendy has tears in her eyes while Lucy and Erza are comforting him. Everyone else is in shock and horror. Master Makarov feels a little guilty and should have stopped the fight.

"I.., I should go," Gildarts gets up and leaves.

Half an hour later, Spike is on a bed in the infirmary. Wendy, Carla, Lucy, Erza, Gajeel, Panther Lily, Natsu, and Gray are by his side. Gildarts returns to the guildhall and feels dreadful for what he did. He walks up to Master Makarov by the bar stool.

"You saw it again, did you?" Makarov looks up at Gildarts.

"I lost control of my senses when Spike roared. I wasn't seeing him but the dragon that scarred me. How is he, Master?"

Master Makarov sighs. "He's durable. In most cases, what you pulled would have killed someone. Spike will pull through in a couple of hours. Give or take."

"I see. I should consider myself lucky that he's tougher than he looks."

"Agreed. So, how long are you staying in town?"

"I'm thinking about leaving after what I pulled at the beach. Something on your mind, Master?"

"Yes. The S-Class Trials are coming up, and I could use you as an instructor."

"Alright, Master. Also, for what I caused today, you should have Spike compete in it."

"He's my first entrant to compete. I've decided to extend the participants from eight to nine this year."

"Alright then, I better get going," Gildarts leaves Master Makarov and the guildhall. He'll come by to check on Spike later.

PreviousChapters Next