• Published 7th Jan 2021
  • 11,120 Views, 7,093 Comments

Spike the Fairy - PonyJoel

  • ...
55
 7,093
 11,120

PreviousChapters Next
Training

Spike arrives at the campsite. He sees his friends setting up camp near the river.

"Yo, Fairy Dragon. Are we in the clear?" Gajeel asks.

"Yes," Spike nods. "I've talked with the Guild Masters, and every Fairy Tail Wizard is in the clear of working with other guilds. The men of Fairy Tail aren't allowed to work with Mermaid Heel, and the women of Fairy Tail aren't allowed to work with Quatro Cerberus."

"Make sense. Considering what Gray and Natsu pulled during the Wizard Exchange Program," Lucy remembers what Gray did that tarnished Mermaid Heel's reputation.

"And done," Wendy and Carla finish pitching Spike's tent.

"Thank you," Spike smiles at them.

"You're welcome," Wendy and Carla reply.

"Let's go, Fairy Dragon," Gajeel grabs Spike. "It's time for some serious training."

"Oh no, you don't," Wendy grabs Spike's claw. "I'm training with my boyfriend."

"I'll spar with the both of you. Two dragon slayers versus a dragon."

"You sure?" Gajeel asks.

"Yes, I'm sure," Spike increases his size into Laxus. "However, I want you both in your Dragon Force modes."

Wendy gulps a bit. Gajeel is unsure about tapping into his Iron Shadow mode.

"Uh, Spike. I'm not sure about this," Wendy has concerns about tapping into her Dragon Force.

"We're just sparring, Spike."

"You two don't have a choice," Spike smirks. "I am your Fairy Tail Master, and I order you to tap into your Dragon Force to spar with me because I'm not holding back."

Gajeel's eyes widen then he smiles. "Understood, Fairy Dragon," Gajeel taps into his Iron Shadow Dragon Mode.

Wendy looks at Spike's eyes; she sees him happy and excited. She smiles and taps into her Dragon Force.

"Just to let you know, we're not holding back," Gajeel and Wendy said as they power up.

"I'd be insulted if you did!" Spike powers up.

Spike, Wendy, and Gajeel charge at each other and clash. The trio is fighting in close quarters of hand-to-claw combat. Spike grabs both punches from Gajeel and Wendy. They're stronger than he anticipated. He spins the two and releases, creating some space.

"Iron Shadow Dragon Lance!" Gajeel turns his arm into a large spearhead. "Demon Logs!" Gajeel shoots many steel spears at Spike.

"Sky Dragon Wave Wind!" Wendy swings her hand and generates a large and powerful tornado at Spike.

Spike flies in the skies. Gajeel and Wendy divert their attacks into the skies. Spike claps his claws and conjures a metallic flame sword.

"Flame Sword Slicer!" Spike slashes at the attacks. Gajeel's Demon Logs spell melts while Wendy's tornado disperses.

Wendy uses her fast move to get behind Spike. "Sky Dragon Rooooooooooar!" Wendy unleashes her breath attack at Spike.

"Nice going, kid!" Gajeel is in position. "Iron Shadow Dragon Rooooooooooar!" Gajeel unleashes a large amount of iron and shadows, generating a large, powerful, destructive blast at Spike's face.

The two breath attacks explode on Spike. Gajeel and Wendy hear Spike consuming their magic energy.

"Oh crap," Gajeel wonders what Spike is about to dish out.

"Not good," Wendy positions herself for anything Spike may do.

Spike conjures another sword. An Iron Wind Sword. "Say hello to my Iron Wind Sword."

"WHAT?!" Gajeel and Wendy are surprised. They forgot Spike can do that.

"Sky Dragon Crushing Fang!" Wendy flies at Spike, attempting to punch him with powerful winds.

"Nice try," Spike uses his tail to grab Wendy. He releases his metallic flame sword. "Feel the burn," Spike conjures a fireball.

"Iron Shadow Club!" Gajeel leaps in the air and attacks Spike in the gut with a shadow-cloaked Iron Dragon's Club. The damage dealt is increased by the addition of the swirling shadows.

Spike coughs from the impact, releasing Wendy in the process.

"Sky Dragon Wing Attack!" Wendy expels a whirlwind of air from her arms to attack Spike.

Spike gets knocked to the ground hard.

"Geez, his fighting is off," Gajeel notices that Spike isn't mindful of his surroundings.

"Yea, I'm starting to notice it," Wendy sees that Spike is fighting differently.

"Ice Paladin Strike!" Spike conjures many ice missiles with Sparkling Green Flames inside. Spike sees an image he fears.

"Hello, Spike," Spike sees Midnight Sparkle in front of him. She walks closer to him. "Is it fear or courage you have before me?"

"Launch!" Spike unleashes his missiles. Gajeel and Wendy prepare to defend against the attack when the ice missiles are striking the surrounding area around Spike.

"Something is horribly wrong with Fairy Dragon," Gajeel said.

"Spike!" Wendy shouts, getting the attention of Erza, Lucy, Panther Lily, Carla, and Romeo.

Spike is punching left and right at the image of Midnight Sparkle. She laughs at his defiance.

"Is that all you have, Fairy Dragon? What a pathetic name," Midnight Sparkle's hand ignites red. "Say goodbye to your family," She turns to incinerate Wendy.

"NOOOOOO! DON'T!" Spike lunges to strike Midnight Sparkle. Instead, he gets tackled by Wendy.

Wendy hugs Spike dearly. Spike blinks a few times and no longer sees the image of Midnight Sparkle.

Gajeel, Panther Lily, Carla, Lucy, Erza, and Romeo are next to Spike. Spike reverts to his size and hears Midnight Sparkle's laughter. "So close." Spike hears the voice of Midnight Sparkle in his head.

"Hey, any idea on what's going on with Fairy Dragon?"

"Yea, why is Spike like this?" Romeo asks.

"It's Midnight Sparkle," Panther Lily answers.

"Her?" Gajeel wants a piece of her for messing with his brother.

"Minerva, Happy, Lector, Frosch, Wendy, and I saw what Midnight Sparkle did to Erza and the psychological effects she's done to Spike. During the time, Midnight was going to make Spike watch his friends die, while at the time, he couldn't do much to stop the madness," Panther Lily explains. "She took me out with one blow. That's something I still haven't recovered."

"Spike is having a hard time recovering since," Lucy said.

"I'm trying to snap out of it. I was hoping to train hard with you two so I can focus on other things. With Fairy Rage no longer in me, in my head, it's hard for me to focus or remove certain images from my head."

"That explains why your fighting technique is off. You don't have the awareness Rage had," Gajeel now understands how vital Rage was for Spike this whole time.

"Rage left me a protection ring in my head. I'm immune to memory erase, mind manipulations, and mind trickery from other wizards. As for the images displayed and what I see, that can't be helped."

"You want to resume your training, Spike?" Erza asks.

No," Spike shakes his head. "I need to clear my head before I accidentally hurt one of you," Spike walks to his tent.

"How long was Fairy Dragon like this?" Gajeel asks.

"The night we had our slumber party. Five days ago, after coming home from the war, Spike has trouble sleeping but doesn't want to admit it," Lucy confirms.

"He sometimes talks in his sleep. I recall mentioning two names that I've never heard before," Carla said.

"What are those two names?" Romeo asks.

"Lord Tirek and Cozy Glow," Erza replies.

"We didn't want to say anything until he opens up," Lucy said.

"Well, hopefully, by being with friends and training some more should clear his head. Perhaps one of you should see Porlyusica about removing these dreams of his," Gajeel said.

"We'll resort to that if Spike's nightmares get worse," Wendy said.

"Alright," Gajeel turns to Wendy. "Let's keep training a bit more. I think Fairy Dragon needs some time alone."

"Okay," Wendy goes with Gajeel to train some more.

PreviousChapters Next