• Published 7th Jan 2021
  • 11,050 Views, 7,083 Comments

Spike the Fairy - PonyJoel

  • ...
55
 7,083
 11,050

PreviousChapters Next
Tartarus

Princess Luna and her squadron of Royal Guards are flying to the Gates of Tartarus. She hopes that her magic power is on par with Midnight Sparkle's. With the knowledge of knowing Earth Land's Magic Power, she wonders how powerful Midnight Sparkle became while staying in Earth Land for the past few months.

An hour later. Princess Luna and the Royal Guards arrive. To their shock, they see Cerberus scorched and barely breathing. The Gates of Tartarus are down.

Princess Luna is speechless. She commands two Royal Guards to stay outside the gate while every pony follows her. They enter Tartarus and see many creatures in captivity barely breathing. It scares Princess Luna and the Royal Guards to a degree. The magic that filters the air is the same in the presence of the Tree of Harmony. Midnight Sparkle had made her appearance.

"What did Midnight Sparkle do? What did she.., oh no..."

"Princess, are you..," The Royal Guard sees what Princess Luna sees; Two cages that were close to each other. One big and one small. Empty.


Ten hours ago.

Midnight Sparkle flies in the skies heading north. After destroying the Tree of Harmony and absorbing the magic within, she feels more powerful than before.

"I should have absorbed Erza's magic after killing her. No, instead, I made the bold decision of annihilating everyone else before getting to Spike. What good did that do to me? Spike's girlfriend intervened, the traitor tried to take me out, a cat grew in size. I decided to allow the demonic Tartaros side of me to have too much fun."

Midnight Sparkle flies over the mountains and thinks about forging a guild of her own; Something similar to Tartaros for her benefit. She devilishly smirks while hatching schemes to overrule Equestria.

"Now, who would join me on my conquest?" Midnight Sparkle thinks about the villains she once fought as Twilight Sparkle. "Discord and Nightmare Moon is out of contention. Fluttershy reformed him while my friends and I restored Luna to herself. Queen Chrysalis and Lord Tirek will do. Perhaps I can find remnants of King Sombra and resurrect him. Give each of them enticing false promises. In the end, I'll have what I want and will restore order."

Midnight Sparkle laughs and flies to Tartarus. An hour later. Midnight Sparkle arrives at the Gates of Tartarus. She remembers the Gates heavily guarded by all forms of magic known in Equestria.

"Try Demon Curse, door." Midnight Sparkle's horn ignites red. She blasts the doors of Tartarus down. Midnight Sparkle hears Cerberus growling and charges at her. "Lay down," Midnight Sparkle commands. Her right hand glows aqua blue and shoots flames at Cerberus, scorching him at ease. Cerberus yelps in pain and falls over. Midnight Sparkle's left hand glows green, absorbing his magic energy. "I can't have you interfering with my plan of action. Now, play dead!" Midnight Sparkle's right hand glows from aqua blue to crimson red. She conjures a fireball and hits Cerberus with it.

The creatures within their cages cower in fear at the presence of Midnight Sparkle. Midnight Sparkle decides to absorb their magic energy into hers. It's a waste for them to have while being in containment. Midnight Sparkle has better use for it.

Midnight Sparkle watches each creature fall limp after losing its magic power. She set her eyes on two cages next to each other.

"Tirek, we have a guest," Cozy Glow said in her cheerful tone. She sees a creature making her way up.

"It's Lord Tirek! Lord Tirek," Lord Tirek corrects Cozy Glow. "Also, we haven't had a visitor since-"

"Hello, Lord Tirek," Midnight Sparkle approaches the cages.

"See! She gets it!" Lord Tirek barks at Cozy Glow. "So, who are you?"

"Hey, why do you sound familiar?" Cozy Glow somewhat recognizes the voice of Midnight Sparkle.

"I was once Twilight Sparkle. Now, I'm Midnight Sparkle."

"Twilight!?" Lord Tirek and Cozy Glow can't believe the sudden change within the past few months.

"I'm not the weakling anymore."

"What happened to you?" Lord Tirek asks.

"I'll explain the detail thoroughly later. Right now, I have a proposition to offer you both."

"And what would that be?" Lord Tirek and Cozy Glow ask.

"Join my guild. Together, we will overthrow the Kingdoms of the world."

"What's in it for us?" Lord Tirek wants to know the details of joining Midnight Sparkle's guild. "Surely, there's a reward for our services? Yes?"

"There are layouts I will address. I will grant you power beyond your wildest dreams and a nation for you to control. As for you, Cozy Glow. I'll give you a nation for you to dominate. The inhabitants will bow down before you."

"That is rather tempting," Lord Tirek gives it some thought.

"I'm in," Cozy Glow has no hesitation on her decision.

"What kind of power can you give me? Judging from your grotesque form, I say you uncover a new form of magic. Yes?"

"Before answering your question, I need to know. What do you know as of late?"

"Well, I heard lots of rumors and stories from the guards about Spike the Fairy; How he's prospering in a world filled with magic that is stronger than our world's. I want to feast on their magic but, I cannot. I need magic power to amplify my abilities to consume magic."

"Sometimes, the guards let us watch Spike's memories every other Friday as our movie night," Cozy Glow informs.

"Well, the power I possess comes from Earth Land, and I'm willing to share if you join my guild."

"Oooo! Oooo! I want that power! Give it to me now!" Cozy Glow wants to feel what it's like having Earth Land power.

"Anything else I need to know about, Lord Tirek?" Midnight Sparkle asks.

"Well, I heard some rumors of familiar faces running around but, they're rumors. As for the familiar faces, it's indescribable as far as I know."

"Fine. As for answering your question, I have something that far exceeds Equestrian Magic. Demon Curses."

"What?" Lord Tirek and Cozy Glow jaws drop.

"I'll tell you in full detail about how I possess Demon Curses. Right now, I need an answer from you. Are you joining my guild?"

"It'll be my pleasure to join you, Midnight Sparkle," Lord Tirek bows in respect. "I'll consume your magic the moment I get strong enough."

Midnight Sparkle's horn ignites green. She shares her demon curses with Lord Tirek and Cozy Glow. The two wail a bit from the overwhelming power. "Oops, I forgot to mention, sharing my power can be a little painful."

Cozy Glow's physique starts altering. She sprouts a horn; her color turns into crimson red. Her eyes become pitch black with white pupils. She grows fangs and starts laughing. She feels the Demon Curses coursing through her veins.

Lord Tirek grows in size as he would do. His horns grow, his muscles expand, his tail extends. The features remain the same except for his eyes and arms. His eyes are red with black pupils. His arms are blacker than darkness. The Demon Curses gives him a new perception of magic power.

"So, this is the power of Earth Land magic? I always wondered," Lord Tirek burst free from his containment. "Where did you find this source of power?"

"From a Dark Guild known as Tartaros," Midnight Sparkle replies.

"Golly. You worked with Tartaros and now busting us out of Tartarus. What a twist?" Cozy Glow ignites her horn red and causes the cage doors to explode.

"What's your guild's name?" Lord Tirek asks Midnight Sparkle.

"Demon Tail," Midnight Sparkle replies. "We have two more members to pick up. Queen Chrysalis and King Sombra."

"Let's go," Cozy Glow is eager to leave Tartarus.

"Follow me," Midnight Sparkle flies out of Tartarus. Cozy Glow and Lord Tirek follow closely.


A few minutes later.

Princess Luna looks around Tartarus to see if any relics are taken. She enters the forbidden library and finds out that the relics remaining are in place. She uses her magic to teleport the relics to her room at Canterlot Castle for safekeeping.

"Princess," A Royal Guard approaches her. "What are your commands?"

"Issue an emergency Bar of Alliance Meeting, pronto. I will not have any delays on the manner."

"Yes, Princess Luna," The Royal Guard leaves Tartarus.

Princess Luna sighs. "I wish you were here, Spike the Fairy. We can use your help right about now," Princess Luna leaves Tartarus and teleports to the Crystal Empire.

PreviousChapters Next