• Published 7th Jan 2021
  • 11,120 Views, 7,093 Comments

Spike the Fairy - PonyJoel

  • ...
55
 7,093
 11,120

PreviousChapters Next
Astral Spirytus

Spike lands on a foggy mountain. Princess Hisui, Arcadios, Yukino, Natsu, Happy, Lucy, and Levy hop off Spike's back, allowing him to revert size.

"Follow us," Arcadios commands.

"Thanks for the ride, Fairy Dragon," Princess Hisui graciously says.

"You're welcome," Spike replies. He follows Arcardios to the Astral Spirytus.

The location of the Astral Spirytus is closer than Arcadios thinks, thanks to Spike's flying. There's an area where is so foggy you cannot see what lies ahead.

"It said fog is the doorway to the Astral Spirytus," Princess Hisui says.

"You mean the fog itself?" Natsu asks.

"That's right. Throughout the course of human history, numerous legends were born from this place, the sacred sight of Astral Spirytus. Countless souls have journeyed here to see the origin of Celestial Magic. Those who enter this fog were never heard from again. This spot is where all quests for Astral Spirytus have ended," Princess Hisui finishes explaining.

"So.., this is the point of no return..," Lucy is worried about the circumstances.

"No one has made it through alive?" Happy asks.

"So the legend says," Princess Hisui turns away. "However, forward is our only option."

"Now, take your keys," Arcadios opens the box.

Everyone grabs a key. Princess Hisui says that holding the keys will carry through the rest of the journey. She uses one of the keys to enter the Astral Spirytus. Natsu and Happy take the lead in finding the Zodiacs. They interrupt Leo the Lion's enchantment for the Liberum ritual. Spike, Lucy, Levy, Yukino, Princess Hisui, and Arcadios arrive on the scene.

"Damn you to hell!" Leo unleashes his dark flames at the group.

"Fire Dragon Iron Fist!" Natsu unleashes his fire punch to disperse Leo's dark flames.

"Where is the globe?" Levy demands the Zodiacs.

Leo the Lion continues to shoot his dark flames at the group. Natsu intercepts each attack thrown by Leo.

"It seems we'll have to locate it ourselves," Arcadios said.

"Please, you have to stop this," Lucy begs the Zodiacs to cease their ritual. "I know you don't want to believe me, but even if the Liberum spell does what you want it to, you'll only be free for twelve days. And then.., it'll all be over..,"

"We know," Leo responds.

Everyone except for the Zodiacs gasps; they didn't think the Zodiacs fully understand the consequence of performing the ritual.

"Why go through with it?" Yukino is puzzled by the revelation of the Zodiacs knowing.

"Twelve days isn't really much time, you know?" Happy said.

"That's more than enough time for us," Leo the Lion said confidently. "Whatever the cost for freedom is, we'll gladly pay it."

"Seriously?" Natsu couldn't believe the Zodiacs are okay with twelve days of freedom.

"The only birthright we spirits can claim is our enslavement to humans. We exceed them in every possible way, and still, that is our fate in life! Or should I say that was our fate! What we do here will change that! Even if it cost us our lives!" Leo proclaims.

"I would never consider any of you to be my slaves. You've always been my most treasured friends. Your like family! I can't bear the thought of losing you!" Lucy said to her Zodiac Spirits.

"I don't care what you think!" Leo angrily responds.

"These losers are nothing but talk anyways. I have their closure keys right here with me," The son of Pisces holds the fake closure keys. It vanishes right before his very eyes. "What the?"

"Where they go?" Sagittarius demands an answer.

"Hate to break it to you, fish face; those ain't the real things," Natsu smirks.

"What you stole were fake keys," Spike said.

"We have the real one," Princess Hisui says while Arcadios reveals the keys to the Zodiacs.

"That's so smart. Good job, kids," The mother of Pisces compliments her enemies.

"Don't compliment for it, you crazy hag!" The son of Pisces disrespects his mother.

"How can you be so cruel?" The mother of Pisces cries.

"Not this crap again," Natsu is sick and tired of the lame comedic routine.

"Forgive me, Leo. I totally screwed that up," The son of Pisces apologizes.

"Time for punishment," Virgo takes out her whip.

"Leo, we all been punished enough. What do you suggest we do?" Taurus asks his leader. "I think the use of force is necessary."

"I'm totally down with that," Aries is wild up. "There's way more of us than them," Aries becomes cocky. "Let's rip them to shreds."

"That sounds like a lot of fun to me," Aquarius said.

"You know I wanna," Virgo is itching to fight.

"The time to strike is now," Sagittarius prepares his bow and arrow. "They're powerless against us."

"Tell me, humans. Do you wish to rob us of what little freedom we have and force our gates to close?" Leo said while trying to ignore Spike's sheer size.

"It's not like that at all! The only thing I want is to save your lives!" Lucy responds.

"I heard enough!" Leo ignites his hand with his dark flames. "No more lies from you!"

"Spike wants!" Spike increases into a full-size dragon. The Zodiacs watch in awe and horror. The mother of Pisces now knows she can't match the sheer size of Spike. "What was that about being powerless against you?" Spike looks down at the Zodiacs. Sagittarius turns pale and sweats a bit when his statement backfires on him.

Gray, Gajeel, Erza, Cana, Juvia, Wendy, Elfman, Mirajane, Carla, and Panther Lily arrive.

"Fall back! Let them come after us if they dare to stop us from accessing true freedom!" Leo commands. He and the Zodiacs enter doors that depict their worlds.

"Hey, how did you found us?" Lucy asks her friends.

"You guys can thank Warren for this," Cana said.

"For real?" Natsu is happy about it.

"Warren used his telepathy to track Spike. He had a stronger hold on Spike than you guys for some reason," Mirajane said.

Spike reverts to his size. "I increased my size a while ago to fly here. I guess me being big made it easier for him to track."

"We'll have to thank him for sure," Levy said.

"So, mind tell us what the buzz is about?" Gray asks.

Princess Hisui and Lucy explain the situation to everyone. How they were able to stop the Liberum ritual from activating. Princess Hisui tells everyone about the closure keys, and each of them needs to ensure that the Zodiac is unable to fight.

Gajeel chuckles. "I always wanted to go a couple of rounds with Celestial Spirits."

"Someone is going to have to sit this one out. Not enough keys to go around," Arcadios said.

"I'll sit this one out," Spike volunteers.

"You sure, Spike?" Natsu turns to Spike.

"Yes. I have a feeling that I'll be more helpful for something else. Perhaps there's something here in the Astral Spirytus I can piece together. Something that could be hidden in here that can be vital."

"Alright, let's go, Happy!" Natsu takes Leo's closure key and enters Leo's door.

"Aye, Sir!" Happy follows Natsu.

Princess Hisui gives everyone else a closure key. Lucy has Virgo's closure key. Yukino has Libra's closure key. Elfman has a Taurus closure key. Erza has a Sagittarius closure key. Gray has a Cancer closure key. Wendy has an Aquarius closure key. Mirajane has a Pisces closure key. Gajeel has a Gemini closure key. Juvia has an Aries closure key. Cana has a Scorpio closure key. Levy has a Capricorn closure key.

Spike, Princess Hisui, and Arcadios watch everyone entering the door to the Zodiac worlds. Lacrima visions of the twelve worlds appear above to show the progress each wizard is going through. So far, Elfman is the first to defeat a Zodiac Spirit and closes his gate.

"It seems that the bull is first to fall," Arcadios said.

"Wonderful," Princess Hisui smiles. "I was confident that Fairy Tail won't let us down."

"Since when have Fairy Tail let anyone down?" Spike rhetorically asks.

"Fair enough. Now, eleven remain. Good luck to you all," Princess Hisui prays for the best.

"Princess Hisui."

"Yes, Fairy Rage?"

"Something just came to me. The Eclipse Gate, how many keys you used to get it opened again?"

"Twelve. I used all twelve Zodiac Keys," Princess Hisui answers.

"Why are you asking her that, Fairy Rage?" Arcadios turns to Spike.

Spike's jaws drop. "We forgot one."

"What?" Princess Hisui and Arcadios are confused.

"The Thirteenth Zodiac. The Snake Charmer."

Princess Hisui and Arcadios gasp horribly. The two completely forgot about the thirteenth Zodiac. Princess Hisui didn't take account of making a closure key for the thirteenth Zodiac. She tears up a bit.

"Somewhere in here, there's another doorway. We're going after the Snake Charmer. Let's go, Spike."

"Right," Spike takes flight looking for the thirteenth doorway.

"How..," Princess Hisui falls to her knees. "How can I forget about the thirteenth Zodiac..?"

PreviousChapters Next