• Published 7th Jan 2021
  • 11,120 Views, 7,093 Comments

Spike the Fairy - PonyJoel

  • ...
55
 7,093
 11,120

PreviousChapters Next
Midnight Sparkle & Rarity

Rarity's mind

"You see that, Rarity?" Midnight Sparkle walks up to the sphere still containing Rarity. "I displayed my dominance in Canterlot."

"All I saw was you preying on the defenseless and taking down many innocents. You're evil, Midnight," Rarity said in disgust.

"I stood up to Princess Celestia! I've beaten her in my own game."

"Oh, please," Rarity sounds unimpressed. "Princess Celestia defeated you. She's right about you. The more you stay as a demon, the less intellect you uphold. You become predictable with your fight patterns as well as behavioral. Deep down, you're just a frail tantrum baby. Bitching and moaning because you didn't have it your way."

"SHUT UP!" Midnight Sparkle angrily shouts at Rarity. "For that remark, I'm going to slay Sweetie Belle, slow. So she can die while looking at an image of you!"

"Your threats are empty promises. By now, the clones of Discord could be helping everypony find a haven to stay."

"That's what you think, and you're wrong! Dead wrong!"

"You've become the Acnologia of this story," Rarity said.

"I'm nothing like Acnologia!" Midnight Sparkle feels offended by that statement.

"Acnologia will kill anything and anyone without a care in the world. He'll do what he wants to achieve his goals. Just like you."

Midnight Sparkle grits her teeth. "I can have you killed right now and go into a different body!"

"Do you think death scares me? It's obvious that I'm going to die with you when you face humiliation and defeat," Rarity boldly claims. "My fate is sealed from the moment you possessed me."

"Why am I talking to you anyway? Soon, we'll be best friends once more, and you'll get to date Spike. I get to be his mother. Everything will go back to normal."

"Spike will more likely commit suicide or wish himself away. Do you intend on keeping your word cause you've broken it in front of Spike's face during the Grand Magic Games?" Rarity painfully reminded Midnight Sparkle's worst defeat.

"Spike won't commit suicide or make that stupid wish!" Midnight Sparkle grabs Rarity's face. "I will take care of him as a mother would! I will be more responsible, and I will-"

"Neglect and forget all over again. Last I checked, the others were mean to Spike and controlling the other species through our side of friendship. With you around, history will repeat itself."

Midnight Sparkle slaps Rarity's cheek hard. "How dare you!"

"What, does the truth hurt?" Rarity rubs her cheek. "Spike defeated you twice to make a statement, and you still don't listen. You don't learn from your mistakes, and you push yourself to newer lows. You're going to lose everything in the end unless you start atoning right now."

"Me, atoning? For what!?"

"Genocide and spreading Disharmony throughout the land," Rarity calmly expresses.

"I am the embodiment of Harmony, Rarity!"

"You were until the Spirit of Harmony manifested itself and stripped you of that title. You're everything that Disharmony represents and don't care. I bet you killed your parents in Canterlot and have not acknowledged the consequences of your actions."

"In the new timeline I'm creating, they'll be alive and well. So will you and everyone else," Midnight Sparkle proclaims. "I see the future when I'm the Princess of Friendship and Spike as Ambassador of Friendship!"

Rarity smugs a bit. "How do you know that's your timeline and not the future of the other Spike and Twilight?"

Midnight Sparkle is silent from that statement, the idea of Mard Geer lying to her for his benefit. "No. I may look a little different with glasses on but, I believe that my eyesight for reading too many books got the better of me."

"Sounds like your future is misconstrued and misleading. It appears that Mard Geer lied to you, and you fell for it. Just like any weak-minded fool."

"I'm not weak-minded! I chose to work with him! He gave me Demonic Curses that override magic power!"

"Demonic Curses were not powerful enough to withstand the cleansing of the Crystal Heart's magic power. Last I check from your memories, Fairy Tail destroyed and defeated Tartaros with their magic power. Demonic Curses are overrated, and you refuse to accept the reality of the situation."

"Fairy Tail is not coming to the rescue! No one in Earth Land is coming back! My Spike believed he defeated me, and that will be his downfall!"

"You sound uncertain," Rarity taunts Midnight Sparkle's claim. "Deep down, you're scared of failing. You failed to bring Spike back, and you know that changing the past doesn't solve anything. May I remind you what happened when Starlight sought to change the past? Equestria was in despair with each timeline altercation. What makes you think things go with right with your altercation?"

"I'll know what to do and what not to do!" Midnight Sparkle retorts.

"No, you won't," Rarity calmly responds, showing no fear to Midnight Sparkle.

"Yes, I do! When I restart time, I'll probe Spike's mind and make him forget all the times he was neglected, abandoned, used, and abused. I'll do a lobotomy if I have to!" Midnight Sparkle snorts.

"You're willing to cause Spike brain damage shows that you don't care about him. No mother would ever cause her child to suffer brain damage."

"What do you know about being a mother? As far as I remember, you're neglectful of your sister. You put work and your friends first before your own flesh and blood."

"You're right. I was neglectful towards my own sister. That's why I'm hoping to have a second chance to redeem my life and engage more with Sweetie Belle. Hopefully, by some miracle, the others separate you from my body, and I can have my life back without you trying to ruin it any further."

"I can restart time for you to have that opportunity," Midnight entices the offer.

"If you think I'll sell out, you're wrong. I refuse to allow you to create more carnage using my body!"


Mid-flight to Ponyville

Midnight Sparkle's body starts to quake and loses control. She falls while the others soar ahead of her. Cozy Glow watches and notices that Midnight Sparkle has an internal struggle. Midnight Sparkle lands near the railway heading to Ponyville. She hears the alarms sounding off in Ponyville.


Rarity's mind

"You hear that? It sounds like there'll be no creature in for you and your cronies to take magic and power from," Rarity mocks Midnight Sparkle's operation.

"There is something I have in possession that no one knows about, the Alicorn Amulet. It's magic flowing through me. I'll have enough to-"

"What? Conquer the Crystal Empire? Take possession of what? Do you listen to yourself? No matter what you're planning, it'll fail. Just like you failed yourself as a true friend."

Midnight Sparkle grabs Rarity's mouth. "SHUT IT, WILL YOU!" Midnight Sparkle leaves a sticky substance on Rarity's mouth, preventing her from speaking further. "I had enough of your mouth!"

Midnight Sparkle takes a deep breath and concentrates on taking possession of Rarity's body.


Midnight Sparkle takes flight and goes to Ponyville.

PreviousChapters Next