• Published 7th Jan 2021
  • 10,902 Views, 7,082 Comments

Spike the Fairy - PonyJoel

  • ...
55
 7,082
 10,902

PreviousChapters Next
Sunset's Dilemma

Sunset Shimmer is trotting down the hallway, feeling gloomy. It's 9:45 in the morning at the School of Friendship. Sunset Shimmer sees different creatures of all kinds entering the school, talking about how excited they are to learn more about friendship.

"I can't wait for Professor Discord's exercises and field trips," A Changeling named Kevin says.

"Trixie's class has to be the best one. Headmare Glimmer makes her appearances to watch us grow together as friends while helping Trixie with demonstrations for team exercises," An earth pony named Caramel says.

Sunset Shimmer decides to avoid the old and new students that come into the main hallway. She decides to go on a different route to avoid the attention of some creature checking on her.

"Why am I feeling like this? It is a new school year for me. I should be excited about the new friends I made already." Sunset Shimmer thought to herself.

Sunset continues to trot down the hallway when she inadvertently enters Discord's classroom. Sunset looks up to see floating desks made of cotton candy.

"Hello, Sunset," Discord waves at his desk. He's drinking a barrel of chocolate milk.

"Hey, Discord..," Sunset sounds a bit sad.

"What's wrong? Are you okay?" Discord notices Sunset's behavioral pattern. Something is amiss with Sunset.

Sunset sighs sadly and sits on a desk made of marshmallows. "No..," Sunset admits her feelings. "I feel out of place being here, and I don't know why. It's a new school year, and yet, I feel that something is missing."

Discord hovers to Sunset Shimmer. "Do you miss your old friends in that other world?"

Sunset nods. "I miss my friends, Discord. I don't want to associate myself with the counterparts that ruined Spike's life here. I know that they're at peace with him but, Twilight Sparkle lied to me. She gave me a guilty conscience that made me think about the other Sunset Shimmer from the other world. Thanks to Twilight, she made me believe I was stealing the life away from that Sunset Shimmer. What should I do?"

Discord takes it to heart and thinks about a way to help Sunset Shimmer. He needs a second opinion on what to do; he takes a look at the clock. It's 9:50 in the morning.

"Follow me, Sunset," Discord hovers out of the classroom.

"Okay," Sunset Shimmer follows Discord.

Starlight Glimmer sees that it's 9:53 in the morning. Starlight decides to wait for another 10-15 minutes before instructing the students to their classes as she did months ago. She hears her door knocking.

"Come in," Starlight says.

Discord opens the door, he and Sunset Shimmer enters Starlight's office and closes the door. "Headmare Glimmer, have a few minutes?" Discord asks. He sounds serious.

"Of course. What's the situation?" Starlight looks up at Discord.

"It's me, Headmare Glimmer," Sunset said. She sees Starlight turning to her.

"What seems to be the problem, Sunset? You can tell me anything, and I'll help you any way I can." Sunset slightly smiles then frowns. Starlight sees how severity the situation is.

"I feel lost, Starlight. I miss my friends from the world I left behind. I don't want to associate myself with the counterparts that ruined Spike's life. I know that they're at peace with Spike. Twilight Sparkle lied to me and gave me a guilty conscience. Twilight's words scarred me into thinking I was robbing the life out of the Sunset Shimmer from the human world. I didn't get to say goodbye to my friends. I packed up and left," Sunset looks down. "What should I do?"

Starlight thinks about it for a few moments. Starlight is putting herself in Sunset's hooves and how to tackle the situation. After thinking about it, she starts nodding, agreeing with her solution.

"Alright, I'll tell you what; you should go back to the human world one last time. Be with those friends of yours, then come back in a week. That way, you have a proper farewell, and the other Sunset Shimmer can have her life back, knowing that everything will be okay in the end."

Sunset Shimmer smiles at the idea. To see her friends again after being away for so long. She walks up to Starlight. "Thank you," Sunset hugs Starlight Glimmer.

"I'm sure Princess Celestia and Luna would approve it so you can close that chapter properly. When you do come back, Discord will catch you up to speed with what you missed."

"I'll take Sunset Shimmer to see Princess Celestia and Luna, to see if they approve of this," Discord said.

"Go ahead. As for your first class, I'll be covering for you with a trust exercise."

"Thanks, Headmare Glimmer."

"Don't mention it, my friend," Starlight Glimmer trots past her friends and goes to the main hallway.

"Let's get going," Discord snaps his claw and teleports him and Sunset to Canterlot Castle. They arrive in the dining room for a late breakfast.

"Discord, Sunset. Want to join us for breakfast?" Princess Luna proposes.

"No. There's something I want to ask of you two," Discord said.

"What is it, Discord?" Princess Celestia turns to him after eating a slice of banana waffle.

"Celestia, Luna..," Sunset approaches the two. "Before I came here for Twilight's purpose to bring Spike back, Twilight lied to me about the law about creatures staying where they originated from and gave me a guilty conscience about robbing the life of Sunset Shimmer from the human world. I never got to say farewell to my friends back in that world, and it's been eating me alive."

"You wish to return to the human world, pay your friends a visit one more time?" Princess Luna asks.

"Yes," Sunset nods. "Please.., allow me to return for one week. To have a proper send-off so I can close that chapter in peace."

Princess Celestia turns to her sister. She and Luna nod in agreement and understanding. "Very well, Sunset. Luna and I will allow you to return to the human world for one week. After that, your new life can begin properly here."

Sunset Shimmer smiles widely. "Thank you, Princesses!" Sunset Shimmer graciously thanks.

"You're welcome. We'll see you next week so you can tell me all about it," Princess Celestia says.

"Me as well," Princess Luna says. "I would like to hear all about it. However."

"What do you mean, however?" Sunset is confused with Luna's statement.

"When you do return, please allow your friends' counterparts another chance. I believe you should hold no grudges. Considering Spike the Fairy accepting the apologies from his tormentors."

Sunset was about to respond when she thinks about Luna's statement thoroughly. She nods as every creature deserves to have a second chance unless they are not worth it. Her case being, Twilight does not get her forgiveness; she doesn't deserve any redemption.

"Alright," Sunset Shimmer takes a deep breath. "When I return next week, I'll give the counterparts a chance. It'll be comforting to have familiar faces as my friends."

"Thank you," Princess Luna and Celestia say in unison. They hope it's a clear path for forgiveness.

"Thank you for your time, Princesses," Discord bows in respect and honor; Something he doesn't do.

"You're welcome," Princess Celestia and Luna say in unison.

"Let's go," Discord snaps his claw, teleporting him and Sunset to the Castle of Friendship where the portal is. Discord claps his claw and paw three times to activate the portal. "There you go. It should lead you back to..," Discord doesn't remember where the portal will take Sunset too.

"Canterlot High School. I'll spend my last week there with my friends, and I'll be back next week as promised."

"Good," Discord takes a deep breath. "Have a good time, roommate. The portal will be active until you come back. Don't make me come after you when your week is up."

"Don't worry. I'll be back. See you next week, Professor Discord," Sunset Shimmer steps in the portal.

"Have fun," Discord takes an umbrella and opens a window. The winds carry him to the School of Friendship.

Author's Note:

Be sure to be on the lookout for a sequel that'll reveal Sunset's adventure back in the EQG's world. It's a six-chapter series. As for why six chapters, horror month coming in less than a week.

PreviousChapters Next