• Published 7th Jan 2021
  • 11,168 Views, 7,094 Comments

Spike the Fairy - PonyJoel

  • ...
55
 7,094
 11,168

PreviousChapters Next
Demon Tail's Arrival

Author's Note:

Merry Christmas to everyone reading this. My gift to you is another chapter.

It's 10:30 at night. Midnight Sparkle is leading her legion with Lord Tirek.

"There's a train that comes to Ponyville around this hour. Our legion will embark on this train heading to the Crystal Empire."

"I'm on my way there," King Sombra commands his legion to follow him. He goes into his shadows, and they do the same.

"They won't see us coming from the skies," Cozy said. She's flying in the skies while Storm King rides on her back. Using his staff to generate storm clouds so thick, it won't reveal the entire legions flying in the sky.

Lord Tirek and Midnight Sparkle see the train arriving in Ponyville. Not many ponies leave and get onboard the train. They wait a few moments for the train to leave the station.

After a few moments, the train departs. Midnight flies beside the train and uses magic to stop the train. The Conductor comes out to investigate, only to have his strength absorbed by Lord Tirek. He gains more power in the process. Lord Tirek enters the train, and many ponies onboard scream in horror. Lord Tirek devours their strength and magic, rendering them weak. Lord Tirek tosses the ponies off, allowing the legion to enter the train.

"Not much we can fit into it," Lord Tirek sees each train car filled with a hundred soldiers.

"The train is the first wave. King Sombra is bringing the majority of our army to the Crystal Empire," Midnight Sparkle replies. Her hands glow pink, enabling the train to move.

At the Crystal Empire. Princess Cadance and Shining Armor are with Princess Luna and Chrysalis, discussing battle formations with the changelings, yaks, griffons, and dragons. Thorax, Pharynx, Gilda, Prince Rutherford, and Ember are also in the room. They received word from Discord about the possible invasion and have decided to end the war before it begins.

"All areas in place. The Changelings will provide backup magic power from the rear end. We will also provide backup magic power with the Storm Nation's Air Force," Thorax said.

"Thanks to Applejack's family, they brought in the Buffalos. We'll have them on the front lines with the Yaks and Crystal Guards. I'll be in the front line as well," Pharynx said. "With the Storm guy, I doubt he can handle the strongest creatures in close-quarter combat."

"The Griffons will be armed with spears and swords. We'll be in the center. We need to break off and combat if they come from a different angle," Gilda explains. "We have Archery Griffons guarding the Crystal Heart with the two clones standing by."

"The Dragons are the second air assault and will be positioned at the rear of the battle lines. We will separate and try to weaken any foe that comes near. Hopefully, the Crystal Ponies unification can trigger the Crystal Heart into thwarting Midnight and her allies away from the Crystal Empire," Ember said.

"Don't you think this may be overkill?" A Crystal Guard asks Princess Cadance.

"No," Princess Cadance shakes her head.

"Midnight Sparkle is highly intelligent. She may have a small army for all we know. The army can be based on crooks that want to get even with some creatures. It could be the Diamond Dogs, creatures of the badlands; Any creature that hates a nation within the Bar of Alliance. Better in numbers to end a war before it begins, soldier," Shining Armor replies.

"Very well, Shining Armor. Should we be in formation now?" The Crystal Guard asks.

"That won't be-" Princess Luna cuts Princess Cadance's speech.

"Yes."

Every creature in the room turns to Princess Luna.

"Why is that, Princess Luna?" Prince Rutherford asks. "War normally starts at daybreak."

"In history, many wars do start during the day. However, we need to think as Midnight Sparkle would. In her mind, most creatures will be asleep, and it'll be the perfect setting to launch an attack."

"That maniacal genius," Thorax said in shock.

"Alright, that's good enough for me. Prepare the armies," Shining Armor commands.

"Yes, Sir!" The Crystal Guard leaves.

"I'll prepare the front lines. Every creature else, get in position!" Shining Armor leaves.

"Yes, Sir!" Every creature says. They leave to inform their groups about preparing for a nightly battle.

Two hours later, Midnight Sparke stops the train with her magic.

"This'll do. Lord Tirek, assemble the army."

"Yes, Midnight," Lord Tirek turns to the legion. "Soldiers, rise and follow your commanders."

The Techno-Magic-Soldiers rises and leaves the train. They follow Lord Tirek and Midnight Sparkle up the hill. The Crystal Empire is miles away from their position; however, the streets are filled with various creatures.

"It appears they were prepared for us," Lord Tirek sees many creatures in battle formations.

"Well, they made their demise much simpler. We can wipe them out quicker. I'm sure they're in for a rude surprise," Midnight Sparkle sneers as thick clouds hover the horizon.

"Alright, Wonderbolts!" Spitfire is outside with her platoon. "Out there is our ultimate enemy, and we will not be shaken! We will fight and aid our comrades in the sky!"

Rainbow Dash has her Wonderbolts uniform on and her goggles. She will use her Sonic Rainboom to bring down Midnight Sparkle.

Applejack is with Big Mac, Braeburn, and the Buffalo Tribe on the front line. She has her lasso and is ready to bring down her former friend.

Shining Armor is on the front line with the Crystal Guards and Yaks. He's standing next to Applejack.

Pinkie Pie is with the Archery Griffons with her party cannon. She feels she must guard the Crystal Heart.

Princess Luna is with the clones to protect the Crystal Heart.

Tempest and Grubber are in their warships. They are in the skies within the Crystal Empire.

Princess Cadance is looking through her telescope to spot Midnight Sparkle's presence. She continues to observe every corner around.

"First wave, go!" Midnight Sparkle commands. "Storm King, invade on their parade."

"Yes, Madam," Storm King laughs and uses his storm to bring his swarm to the Crystal Empire.

The Techno-Magic-Soldiers shout their warcry run down the hill. They draw their swords.

Princess Cadance hears a faint warcry and turns to the right. She sees an army running down the hill. "Shining! To your right!"

Every creature turns to see a wave of soldiers running down the hill. They are as tall as Midnight Sparkle and Storm King. There are hundreds of them rushing.

"Here we go!" Shining Armor uses his magic to levitate his sword.

"Ground force, huh?" Tempest looks down from her airship.

"I guess we should drop some bombs on them," Grubber advises.

Gilda looks up at the skies. "Those clouds look angry."

"Charge!" Shining Armor commands. Every creature shouts their warcry and runs towards Midnight's army.

Storm King laughs while flying in the air. "Take out their airships!" The storm clouds fade away, revealing a swarm of soldiers flying in numbers.

"Crud!" Grubber shouts in fear.

"Erase of action!" Tempest commands. "Storm Soldiers, fire orbs now!"

The Airships sway while some Techno-Magic-Soldiers destroy some in the process. Storm Creatures are shooting magic orbs at the Techno-Magic-Soldiers. Some turn into crystalized statues. Some repel with their magic shield after scanning the magic properties within the orbs.

Dragons and Griffons separate and attack the Techno-Magic-Soldiers in the air. The Yaks ram some Techno-Magic-Soldiers but, the Techno-Magic-Soldiers start scanning their physique and apply to themselves, pushing the Yaks back.

King Sombra laughs and rises from the center of the army. The Griffons in the center break away while many Techno-Magic-Soldiers rise from the shadows.

"I am home," King Sombra laughs and unleashes his black crystals from the ground, thwarting several Crystal Guards and Changelings away. "Attack my army! Leave none of these creatures alive! Only the Crystal Ponies."

King Sombra's Techno-Magic-Soldiers start attacking the Changelings and Griffons around them. The Griffons uses their sword to combat the Techno-Magic-Soldiers in close quarters while the Changelings morph into bigger animals to combat the Techno-Magic-Soldiers.

Storm King hops off Cozy Glow lands on Tempest and Grubber's airship. "Traitors! I will have my revenge!"

"You lied to me about my horn!" Tempest charges after the Storm King.

Storm King uses his new staff jab Tempest and throws her overboard. Tempest bites the rope of her airship and swings her way back to the Storm King. She strikes him from behind but, Storm King elbows her in the chest.

"Nice try, puny pony!"

"Leave her alone!" Grubber grabs a shield and sword and charges after the Storm King.

"Stubby little termite!" Storm King points his metallic staff at Grubber and shoots lightning at him. Grubber is burnt to a crisp from the shock.

"Ow," Grubber's shield turns to ash.

"Golly, look at the carnage already!" Cozy flies and uses her wings to unleash a barrage of powerful winds at the dragons coming close to her. The Dragons are whiplash from the force. Some crash into the ground while some try to recuperate.

"Lord Tirek, go. Have your fill," Midnight Sparkle's hands glow aqua blue. "I'll leave my mark in a few minutes."

"Excellent," Lord Tirek smirks. He charges into the fray, wanting to absorb magic, strength, and flight from any creature he sees.

"All Techno-Magic-Soldiers, see the flare and come to this fight!" Midnight Sparkle shoots a flare in the sky, initiating the rest of her army to join the fight.

PreviousChapters Next