• Published 7th Jan 2021
  • 11,119 Views, 7,093 Comments

Spike the Fairy - PonyJoel

  • ...
55
 7,093
 11,119

PreviousChapters Next
Small Coalition Day 1: Traveling in the Sea

It's been an hour since leaving Hargeon. Yukino is beside Lyon to help him navigate while reading the map. Rogue is enjoying every minute on Serpent's Fang with no motion sickness with Frosch. Kagura and Romeo are lounging a bit. Spike, Wendy, Carla, and Sherria are watching the dolphins swimming near the ship.

"So pretty," Wendy enjoys watching the dolphins swim.

"It's not every day you see dolphins," Sherria said with love.

"Enjoy the scenery while you can," Carla said.

Yukino is reading the map accordingly, instructing Lyon when to make a turn. "In about 150 miles North, sail to the right."

"Understood, Yukino," Lyon continues to steer the Serpent's Fang.

Spike decides to observe the cannons mounted on Serpent's Fang. "Wow, these cannons are cool."

"I think so too," Frosch is near Spike.

"These cannons create self-regenerative lacrima cannonballs. It is impressive," Rogue said.

"I wonder how Popeye managed to get these cannons," Spike ponders the endless possibilities.

"Buying may be out of his element. Perhaps some spinach-eating contests or helping Mark Anthony with several jobs in the sea."

"I'm going with that answer, Rogue."

"Also, I want to apologize to you for my remarks at you during the Grand Magic Games. I was a different man back then."

"I forgive you, no hard feelings whatsoever. I'm looking forward to fighting against the pirates with you."

"The feeling is mutual, Fairy Dragon."

"I think so too," Frosch concurs. "Look at the fishies," Frosch sees a dolphin hopping out of the waters for a second. It's all it takes to make Frosch run after it.

"Frosch, no!" Rogue goes after Frosch and grabs him before he falls overboard.

"Sorry.., I wanted is to play with the fishie," Frosch sniffs.

"Frosch, we're on a sailor ship, not the aquarium. You have to be more careful and mindful, okay?" Rogue nurturing says.

"Okay," Frosch sniffs.

"Want some candy?" Rogue asks.

"There's candy!" Frosch smiles, instantly forgetting why he's crying.

"There is," Rogue carries Frosch to the lower deck where the kitchen is.

"Incoming wave!" Lyon warns while seeing a wave that can potentially do some damage. "Yukino, take the map inside the ship!"

"Right," Yukino goes to the lower deck.

"I got this," Wendy steadies herself. "Sky Dragon! Rooooooooooar!" Wendy unleashes her windy breath at the upcoming wave.

"Not alone, you're not! Sky God! Belloooooooooow!" Sherria unleashes her divine windy breath at the upcoming wave.

The two breath attacks become one, hitting the upcoming wave and disrupting the path. By doing so, the Serpent's Fang shifts a bit, causing Wendy and Sherria to lose balance and fall off the Serpent's Fang.

"Wendy!" Carla shouts in fear.

"Sherria!" Lyon shouts in fear.

"I got them!" Spike and Kagura dive into the waters.

Wendy and Sherria have a little difficulty adjusting underwater due to their combined breath attack. Their wind breath caused many ripples and movements in the sea. Kagura grabs Wendy while Spike grabs Sherria. The two swim to the surface, gasping for air.

"Kagura, you go first," Spike uses his fire breath to teleport Kagura and Wendy on Serpent's Fang. Spike takes a second to catch his breath and uses his fire breath to teleport himself and Sherria on Serpent's Fang.

Kagura is doing CPR on Wendy. Wendy wasn't breathing after Spike teleported Kagura and her first. Spike does the same thing for Sherria after taking a second to look and see her not breathing.

"Wendy..," Carla is worried sick about Wendy. After Kagura does mouth-to-mouth, Wendy coughs water and coughs hard. "Wendy!" Carla said in tears of joy and hugs Wendy.

"Thank you for doing that," Wendy said with gratitude.

"What are friends for?" Kagura replies.

Wendy turns to see Sherria unresponsive and becomes worried. Spike continues to do CPR on Sherria. Spike does mouth-to-mouth when Sherria grabs Spike's head and kisses him during the mouth-to-mouth, thinking it's Lyon. Spike wasn't anticipating that while Sherria continues to kiss him.

"My hero," Sherria smiles. Then she gasps when she sees that Spike wasn't Lyon.

Spike pants a bit and becomes worried that Wendy may see him as a cheater. Spike turns to Wendy, expecting the worse.

"Sherria, not cool," Wendy is upset with Sherria.

Sherria nervously giggles. "Sorry, I couldn't help it. It was the perfect setting. I kinda wish it was Lyon, but he's still in control of steering Serpent's Fang."

Spike sigh in relief when Wendy understood Sherria's game. He dodges a major misunderstanding bullet that, at other times, can ruin a relationship.

"Well, I'm glad everyone is alright," Lyon said, checking on Sherria and Wendy. "Perhaps combining Sky Wind attacks is considered unnecessary."

"Agreed," Sherria and Wendy said in unison.

Lyon helps Sherria up. "Be more careful next time. I better get us back on course," Lyon walks back to the steering wheel of Serpent's Fang.

"Wendy, are you-" Wendy interrupts Spike's speech by kissing him. She wants Sherria to know that Spike is her dragon and hers only.

"I'm better, Spike," Wendy smiles.

Spike smiles widely after the kiss. It was heavenly for him. "That was awesome, Wendy."

"There, now you can forget what happened a moment ago."

"Thanks, Wendy."

"Anytime," Wendy smiles.

"Sorry about the kissing. I honestly thought it was Lyon," Sherria said apologetically.

"I forgive you, Sherria. I have to admit that's a clever tactic but, be sure you feel who's giving you mouth-to-mouth."

"I will for next time," Sherria replies.

Yukino comes back up with the map. She stands beside Lyon after hearing everyone is doing okay. Wendy, Carla, and Sherria decide to sit down and relax a bit. Romeo walks up to Spike.

"Hey, Spike. Want to do some training?"

"Sure," Spike nods.

"Hand-to-claw training. I don't think it'll be wise to use magic on our only mode of transportation," Romeo stations himself.

"Agreed," Spike stations himself.

Spike and Romeo start throwing punches and kicks at each other. Rogue and Frosch come back to the upper decks with some candy; Frosch is licking on a carnival lollipop.

"Hey, what did we miss?" Rogue asks.

"Two Sky Sisters fell overboard, and Spike and I saved them from nearly drowning. Right now, Wendy and Sherria are relaxing with Carla, Spike and Romeo are doing hand-to-claw training. I'm thinking about doing some meditation to concentrate on my magic power," Kagura answers.

"Yukino helping Lyon?" Rogue asks.

"Yes, they're steering us in the right direction after getting sidetracked," Kagura goes to the lower decks on the ship to find a quiet place and meditate.

"Rogue, are you okay?" Frosch asks.

"I'm fine, Frosch. There's no need to worry about me."

While Lyon steers Serpent's Fang, Natsu, Happy, Lucy, Erza, and Gray return to the guildhall in Magnolia. Natsu and Gray are highly upset about not going with Spike, Wendy, Romeo, and Carla on the pirate mission. Lucy is glad Erza did the right thing of letting them go and grow together as friends.

"Hey, have any of you seen my son, Romeo?" Macao frantically asks. During the past few hours, no one in the guildhall knows where Romeo is. Mirajane is with Lisanna and Elfman on a job.

"Yeah, I've seen where Romeo went," Natsu said.

"Zip it, Natsu," Erza commands.

"Don't zip it, tell me! Tell me right now!" Macao demands.

"We can't keep secrets, Erza; might as well tell him before things get ugly," Gray suggests.

Erza and Lucy sigh heavily and relents. They don't want to say where Romeo is but, hiding the truth is not the Fairy Tail way.

"Romeo is on a small coalition job," Erza said.

"WHAT!?" Macao shouts angrily. "Who's with Romeo?!"

"As far as I know, Lyon, Sherria, Spike, Wendy, and Carla. We didn't snoop around to see who are the other two guilds that joined the mission," Erza calmly replies.

Macao sighs heavily. "I'm going to give that boy a beating when he returns."

"So, what was the job offer for the small coalition about?" Wakaba asks.

"Retrieving a ship that pirates stole," Natsu answers.

"Wait, hold on. I remember reading the news a while back ago. This was weeks before you guys came back to the guild," Warren said.

"Yea, the pirates are actually a magic pirate guild not affiliated with the Magic Council," Max Alors said.

"A pirate guild?" Erza, Gray, Natsu, Happy, and Lucy said in unison.

"Yea," Kinana said. "They are known as the Seven Deadly Sins."

"Whoa, that gave me bad vibes..," Lucy cringes a bit.

"That sounds similar to the Seven Kin of Purgatory," Happy states.

"They're supposed to be stronger than the Seven Kin of Purgatory," Reedus said while drawing a portrait of Freed Justine with his sword.

"I heard about the Seven Deadly Sins, and no guild in Fiore will go after them. They reside in the seas, and they are efficient with their magic skills. I remember reading a news article about picking up three new members into their guild after three perished by the hands of Captain Sparrow," Warren said.

"Something feels weird," Gray said.

"Like what?" Natsu asks.

"For once, I don't feel like I'm getting stalked by you-know-who," Gray refers to Juvia.

"Juvia and Gajeel went on a job by the waters of the sea. A sinister creature is creating havoc and fear upon people. Claiming that he's King of the Waters."

"No skin off my bones," Gray sits at a table and relaxes. "I'm going to enjoy the peace and quiet while she's gone."

Macao is highly upset that Romeo is going after the Seven Deadly Sins. He turns to Erza. "Please, go after my boy and bring him home. Please," Macao is on his knees, pleading that Erza saves Romeo.

"I understand the heartache. However, this is a test for you as a father. Let your kid grow up into a young man to take on many challenges in life. I assure you that Romeo will return to the guildhall. You watch."

Macao gets up after hearing Erza's response. He is not happy with the decision that Erza is indicating. Macao knows that Erza will not go to bring Romeo back home. Now, what Erza did say is true about letting Romeo grow and experience the life of a Fairy Tail Wizard. He sighs heavily and accepts the challenge.

"If my boy doesn't return in a week, I'm going to search for him," Macao said.

"That's fair," Erza said. "Have faith in Romeo. Have faith for him to succeed on a big mission like this."

"I will," For Macao, this is a hard pill to swallow.

It's now 3:30 in the afternoon. Lyon continues to steer Serpent's Fang in the right direction. The solar navigation system is showing that the Serpent's Fang is still heading North. Only 90 miles left to travel before changing direction. Romeo and Spike stop training. They trained in close quarters combat for two hours now.

"That was a good workout, Spike," Romeo said.

"It was. Man, you know how to throw your punches," Spike compliments Romeo's fighting techniques.

"Thanks. You hit hard though," Romeo compliments Spike's strength.

"Well, we did train before the Grand Magic Games. It's still an improvement but, I still need to get stronger to one day slay Acnologia. So far, only Fairy Demon Dragon can perhaps pose a threat but, it's hard for me to tap into."

"Why you say that, Spike?" Romeo asks.

"For the longest, I carried the hatred of my former friends in Equestria. With the burden uplifted, I no longer feel that hatred I once have. With that said, Fairy Demon Dragon is now harder for me to tap into."

"I understand. Plus, you have a ton of love from friends and family in Fairy Tail."

"Exactly. Plus, I have another sister in my family. Kagura. However, I still owe her a real fight so, I'm planning on doing so after the coalition job."

"Now that's a fight I want to see. Also, you have a rematch to give to a Wizard Saint."

"Jura. Don't worry about that. I'm planning for the right day to grant Jura a rematch," Spike's stomach growls.

"Hungry?" Romeo asks.

"Yea, considering that I skipped breakfast," Spike starts heading towards the lower deck. "Anyone hungry?" Spike shouts to everyone on Serpent's Fang.

"I am," Lyon said.

"Same with me," Yukino replies.

"I can eat," Romeo said.

"Same with me," Wendy said.

"I concur," Carla said.

"Me too," Sherria replies.

"Yea, I haven't eaten since breakfast," Rogue said.

"Me too," Frosch said.

"Alright, I'll be cooking. I'll let you know when it's ready," Spike goes to the lower deck.

Kagura overhears Spike and stops meditating. She goes to the kitchen and sees Spike putting on an apron. "Need help, Spike?"

"I got this, Sis. Thanks," Spike smiles.

Hearing Spike calling her Sis puts a smile on Kagura's face. "Are you sure? I don't mind helping."

"Don't worry. I have a passion for cooking, and this is what I want to do for my friends and family."

"Alright. Well, I'm going to help anyway. You won't be doing this alone," Kagura said.

Spike chuckles. "Very well. Let's begin," Spike puts a chef's hat on.

Spike and Kagura start cooking in the kitchen. The two are having fun making spaghetti with meatballs, chicken, and broccoli, and two banana pies. The two are having fun, bonding together in the kitchen. For Kagura, it feels like being in Rosemary Village with Simon all over again. The two would do all sorts of things together in their home.

After spending two hours in the kitchen, Spike and Kagura finished making the entrees. Kagura looks at Spike and hugs him.

"That was fun, Simon."

"Uh, you mean Spike, right?"

During the two hours of cooking, Kagura imagines Spike as being Simon. She blinks a few times to wake herself up from the dimension she put herself through.

"Yes," Kagura recomposes herself. "I meant to say, Spike. My apologies. Spending this much time with you reminded me of my time with Simon. We would do all sorts of things together like family. It may take some time to readjust my mindset whenever I'm with you. It's been too long since I been close to someone I call brother."

"I understand. Take all the time you need as well," Spike gives Kagura a reassuring smile.

"Thank you," Kagura smiles.

"Get everyone to the table while I set up the table."

"I will," Kagura goes to the upper deck while Spike starts putting plates and cups around the table in the dining room of Serpent's Fang. "Hey, everyone. Supper's ready. Come on down," Kagura announces.

"Finally," Sherria gets up after sunbathing.

"I wonder what Spike made," Wendy gets up while carrying Carla in her arms.

"Let's go, Frosch," Rogue picks up Frosch.

"Romeo, drop the anchor!" Lyon commands.

"Right away, Captain Lyon," Romeo drops the anchor, parking Serpent's Fang. The waters are calm and won't be rocking the ship.

"Man, I can use a break," Lyon stretches a bit.

"I wonder what Spike made," Yukino takes the map and goes to the lower deck.

Lyon and Romeo follow Yukino to the dining room of Serpent's Fang. The dining room is decorated with many trophies, doubloons on the walls, and mermaid pattern cloth on the table. Everyone takes a seat and waits patiently for the food. Kagura comes to the dining room with two pitchers of apple and grape juice and places them on the table. Kagura returns to the kitchen and helps Spike bringing a tray of food. Kagura brings a large tray filled with chicken and broccoli, while Spike brings a large tray of spaghetti and meatballs.

"Thanks for the assist, Sis," Spike graciously said.

"Anytime, Bro," Kagura replies.

Everyone at the table sniffs the aroma of Spike's delectable cooking. "Woooow," they say in unison.

"I have more in case, so help yourself," Spike smiles.

"For dessert, we baked banana pie," Kagura said.

"I want the pie first!" Sherria said.

"Uh uh," Spike shakes his head. "No dessert until you have your meal."

"Awwwwwwwww...," Sherria pouts.

Everyone laughs a bit at Sherria's reaction. It feels like a family in the room. Everyone takes turns putting food on their plate. Kagura sits next to Spike and Lyon, while Spike sits next to Kagura and Wendy. Spike doesn't take the first bite; he watches his friends taking the first bite and fall in love with his cooking instantly.

"Woooow, Spike. This spaghetti is delicious. The sauce is marinated nicely," Lyon said.

"I have to say the meatball is delicious. The spaghetti is awesome," Rogue said.

"I think so too," Frosch is in love with the food on his plate.

"Dude, this is awesome. I'm not a veggie eater but, the broccoli is delicious," Sherria said.

"The chicken is amazing," Romeo said.

"Well, I had help in the kitchen. Thank Kagura as well," Spike said.

"Oh, you," Kagura slightly blushes now that everyone around is giving her credit and praise. "I will say, Spike, the spaghetti is delicious. How did you learn how to cook like this?"

"Well, remember that Twilight Sparkle I obliterated during Day 4 of the Grand Magic Games?"

Wendy cringes a bit hearing the name. Carla covers her ears a little, hoping to forget that girl for traumatizing Spike for many years of his life. Yukino can only imagine the horrors Spike went through. Lyon remembers the story of Twilight from Fairy Tail during the seven years they spent searching for Tenrou Island after asking how did Fairy Tail find Spike. Sherria shudders a bit after hearing the name. Romeo gets angry and imagines beating the stuffing out of Twilight Sparkle. Frosch doesn't understand who Twilight Sparkle is, and Kagura sighs a little.

"Judging from your reactions, you know who I'm referring to, anyway. I used to live with Twilight Sparkle at the Golden Oak Library then the Castle of Friendship."

Romeo coughs. "Fiendship!"

"Well, I used to cook for Twilight daily, and at the time before things got worse for me, I enjoyed cooking many dishes for her and sometimes her friends when they came over. I made sure my cooking came out perfectly to melt their tastebuds. Cooking was my solace to find happiness in what I can do as time went by."

"Wow," Is all everyone at the table can mutter.

Spike sighs a bit. "I've gone through so much in Equestria, and now, I'm living my best life here in Earth Land. The best part is that I now know that I originated here and not in Equestria."

"Say what?!" Lyon, Kagura, and Rogue shout. They are in shock.

"Oh, that's right. We didn't tell you about what Zirconis told us after the games," Carla said.

"I completely forgot that Zirconis is Spike's Uncle after eavesdropping on the conversation," Yukino said.

"Long story short, Zirconis is Spike's Uncle, and some dragons tried to preserve the young. Unfortunately, when the dragons used the Eclipse Gate, The Infinity Clock rang, and the dragon eggs went Equestria," Wendy explains.

"You mean that Jade dragon you mentioned to me during the party was Spike's Uncle?" Sherria asks.

"Yep. You overheard Lucy mentioning if Spike was at peace," Wendy said.

"Oh yea, after I questioned him about his clothes," Sherria slightly chuckles.

"To be honest, I wasn't bothered by it. You were hiding your private, and I've seen you in the nude before," Lyon said.

"Ditto," Rogue said. "My dragon never wore clothes, so seeing one is kinda creepy."

"Thanks for being honest," Spike said.

"Anytime," Lyon and Rogue say in unison.

Everyone starts eating and enjoys each other's company. Spike and Kagura continue to receive credit and praise for their delicious cooking. Spike goes to the kitchen to bring two banana pies to the table. Everyone except for Spike and Kagura is in awe after taking their bite. Once again, Kagura and Spike receive praise for the dessert.

It's now 7:00 at night. Spike and Kagura are cleaning dishes together in the kitchen. Lyon decides to start sailing a bit more before calling it a night. Yukino brings the map and walks with Lyon. Wendy, Sherria, Romeo, and Carla decide to play a board game in the lounge room. Rogue and Frosch go to the sleeping quarters and rest on the bunk bed.

"Alright, let's get moving," Lyon raises the anchor. He then goes to the steering wheel and sails the ship.

"How long you want to sail Serpent's Fang?" Yukino asks.

"Two, three more hours before I call it a night. Krack's Riverine is a long travel," Lyon answers.

"Alright then," Yukino looks at the stars in the sky. "Such a beautiful night, huh?"

"Yea, I bet Juvia would have loved this," Lyon is imagining Juvia standing beside him and looking at the stars in the sky. Lyon starts sailing Serpent's Fang.

"Thanks for the help, Sis," Spike said after finishing drying the last plate and puts it away.

"You're welcome, Spike. I'm happy to help anytime," Kagura finishes drying the cup and puts it away.

Spike goes to the lounge room when he notices Popeye's office. He goes in and sees his files and journal. "This looks promising," Spike reads Popeye's journal. It dates all sorts of events and battles between him and Captain Sparrow versus the Seven Deadly Sins.

Kagura decides to go to the sleeping quarters and gets comfortable on a bunk bed. She closes her eyes, remembering the days with Simon at Rosemary Village. She also imagines what she and Spike can do on the ship as siblings.

An hour later. Lyon continues to sail the ship when he and everyone on board feel a thump on the right side of Serpent's Fang. Yukino looks down on the right side of Serpent's Fang to see what hit the ship.

"Hey! Anyone up there?!"

"That sounds like," Lyon runs over to look down at the right side of Serpent's Fang. "Juvia?" Lyon is in shock.

Juvia is on a canoe with Gajeel. Gajeel is suffering from motion sickness. The two are tattered and bruised from what looks like to be a gruesome attack.

"Lyon! Yukino! We need help!" Juvia pleas.

Spike, Wendy, Sherria, Kagura, Rogue, Carla, Frosch, and Romeo come to the upper deck to see what's going on. They look down to see Juvia heavily bruised while Gajeel suffers from motion sickness.

"I'm coming," Spike flaps his wings and hovers down to Juvia and Gajeel."

"Spike, thank heavens you're here. What are you doing here in the seas?" Juvia asks.

"I can ask you the same thing, but first," Spike uses his fire breath to teleport Juvia and Gajeel to the upper deck of Serpent's Fang. He flies up while Wendy and Sherria are using their healing magic on Juvia and Gajeel.

"Man.., this blows," Gajeel's motion sickness is getting the better of him.

"Here, take this," Rogue pops a pill in Gajeel's mouth. He swallows it feeling much better.

"Wow! My stomach is no longer queasy!" Gajeel said in delight. "What was the pill, Rogue?"

"Motion Relieve. The medicine uplifts motion sickness for 48 hours."

"48 hours!" Gajeel said in shock.

"Yes. So, mind telling us why you and your friend were drifting in the sea?"

"Yea. Why were you two tattered and bruised?" Carla asks.

"We will tell you in a while. First," Juvia's belly growls. "Got anything to eat?"

"Yea. We have leftovers from Spike's cooking. We'll take you two to the dining room, and you can fill us in on the details," Lyon said, escorting Juvia to the dining room. "Sherria, drop the anchor."

"Aye aye, Captain Lyon," Sherria drops the anchor.

"Follow us to the dining room. I'll reheat the food," Spike said.

"Thanks, bro," Gajeel said. He follows everyone to the dining room of Serpent's Fang.

PreviousChapters Next