• Published 11th Oct 2020
  • 4,507 Views, 856 Comments

Yugioh: Worlds Collide - ShootingStar25



If everything all relied on you drawing the perfect card, would you take it? Would you risk it all for one shot at being remembered? No matter how much skill/talent you have sometimes all you need is a little luck to turn the tide of a duel.

  • ...
9
 856
 4,507

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 167: Power Plays

It was another day at the training facility as everybody was doing their best to keep their skills sharp. The kids awoken to the sound of Pinkie blaring a flugelhorn as it sounded terrible. Soon they all stood outside of their rooms as the girl was still going.

"Shadow, how do you manage when Pinkie is your tutor?" asked Penny as she had her hair all messy from sleeping.

"I don't. I'm barely surviving." said Shadow as he pulled his pillow over his ears as he tried to drown the noise from the pink-haired girl as he was slowly losing his insanity.

"Hope everybody is up, big bro usually is the one to do this. But I told him, that I would do it if for him. Nothing like getting all of you here and present." smiled Pinkie. "Especially you, Shadow. I couldn't ask for a better student." stated the party girl as she just started to rub the boy's hair with a smile on her face.

"If only I felt that way with you being my tutor." muttered the boy under his breath.

"What was that?" asked Pinkie.

"Nothing. And stop touching my hair." said Shadow as he swatted away Pinkie's hand.

"Now then, everyone follow me." said Pinkie as she bounced up and down as the students all groaned as they quickly changed and then followed the girl.

Pinkie lead them to the training room as Rainbow, Applejack, and Fluttershy were already at work. Well moreso Aj and Dash as they were having a little competition on who could do more pushups as Fluttershy just cheered her friends on.

"I can do more than you, AJ." said Rainbow as she was sweating.

"Like hell." responded the country girl as she too was showing any signs if defeat.

"Maybe both of you could call it a tie." suggested Fluttershy.

"Never!!" shouted both girls. Soon both felt their arm strength starting to show as they struggled to push themselves off the ground. They mustered out the last bit of strength as both pushed up and then immediately fell face first with their limbs spread out.

"I... beat... you..." said Rainbow as she was breathing heavily.

"Kiss... my... flank..." responded Applejack as she too was out of air.

"You both good?" asked Fluttershy as she went to fetch her friends some water.

"Man, do they love to compete." stated Amber.

"Indeed." said Isaac as he jumped down from a stack of blocks as he was practicing his box jumps as the students watched their headmaster as he was jumping from the floor and landing on two boxes that were stacked on top of each other. "Hope you're all rested, cause you're all starting off with some laps."

"More running?" groaned Lucky Star.

"Boys first, meanwhile the girls will be doing some squats and jumping jacks. Then after 5 minutes, you'll alternate. By then both AJ and Dash should have at least recovered some energy." said Isaac he then sent the students off to do their things as the boys all climbed the stairs leading to the track above as the girls all began to get in position for their exercises. Isaac watched when the doors opened up and in came Rarity, Twilight and Sunset.

"So, who won?" asked Sunset as she was AJ and Dash behind Isaac lying on the ground still trying to recover.

"Why don't you ask them yourself?" chuckled Isaac. He then told the three girls what the students were doing as he appointed them to supervise and do the exercises with the kids. Meanwhile, he was going to go practice his arm strength. Isaac approached a huge stack of cards as they were piled on top of each other. He then placed his left arm behind his back as he used his right arm and began to draw the cards from the stack as he eventually picked up speed with each new draw.


So it went as for the next 2 hours, everybody was getting their daily dose of exercise in. The girls made sure to supervise the kids as they also took part in the training regiment. After a while, Isaac called it as he allowed everybody to take a break. With that, he dismissed the kids as they all left to the café section to fill up. The girls all soon followed as Isaac stayed behind as he approached a punching bag and began to hit it a bit. The girls returned as they saw their male friend still going at it as he was sweating a bit before he landed on final punch and took one big breathe. Both Spike and Tigre had also entered the place as they awoke from their nap as they went off to the side to watch the humans go at it. It was then that the kids came back as Isaac gave them their next assignments. It was now time for one-on-on battles as Isaac started to assign partners for the kids and the girls. Once they were given their opponents, they all disbursed to different parts of the room as they began to train.

"You ready, Jack?" asked Sunset.

"Ready as I'll ever be 'hot-stuff'." said Jack.

"Sorry to break your heart, but I my eyes on one boy toy." stated Sunset with a smug smile as she quickly looked at Isaac who was doing some pushups.

Sunset then slid on her duel disk as she slotted in her deck. It then activated as it produced a red card tray light. Jack then did the same as he slid in his deck into his duel disk as it projected a purple card tray.

"Opponent detected. Streaming data. Duel mode set. Initiating. Commencing duel." said their duel disks.

Jack's Life Points: 4000-

Sunset's Life Points: 4000-

Turn 1: Sunset

"I'll start things off," said Sunset as she drew her card, "I'll take things slow and play my Black Stone of Legend(0/0). And now I'll activate its effect, so I tribute it so that I can special summon one Level 7 or lower 'Red-Eyes' monster from my deck, and I'll choose my Meteor Dragon Red-Eyes Impact(1800/2000)." Sunset now had her stone start to crack as some light was escaping it and soon it hatched as out came a brand new dragon let out a growl.

"I'll then throw a facedown and end my turn."

Turn 2: Jack

"Then it's my turn." said Jack as he picked up his card and looked at his current hand as he saw some of the new cards that Isaac had given him. "I'll start by summoning my Battlin' Boxer Switchitter(1500/1400). And when I use Switchitter for an Xyz summon, it counts as 2 monsters." Jack's monster then had a mirage image of itself appear next to its original self. "Now I overlay both of my two monsters to build the Overlay Network." Jack's monsters then transformed into dark orbs of light as they levitated into the air as a portal opened up in front of him. Soon they disappeared into the portal as a pillar of light emerged. "I Xyz Summon, Battlin' Boxer Lead Yoke(2200/2000, OLU:2)!" Jack now had one of his staple monsters of his deck as it appeared with chains wrapped around its neck and fists as it carried the heavy pieces of wood and metal.

"Now time to attack, Battlin' Boxer Lead Yoke attack her monster." shouted Jack as his monster used its chains to take out Sunset's dragon.
Sunset's Life Points: 3600-

"Not bad, kid." said Sunset as she straighten her leather jacket.

"Next, I'll throwdown a facedown and end my turn."

Turn 3: Sunset

"My draw, and I'll now play my spell card, Cards of the Red Stone. So I'll send my Red-Eyes Toon Dragon from my hand and one from my deck so that I can draw 2 cards." Sunset then sent the card in her hand to the graveyard and used her duel disk screen as she sent off the one in her deck as she picked up some more cards. "Now I play the spell card, Red-Eyes Fusion. Now I can fuse monsters from my deck, so I'll combine my Red-Eyes Black Dragon with my Dark Blade!" Sunset's two monsters then appeared in spirit form as a vortex appeared behind her as they were sucked into the vortex in a color of orange and purple. "I Fusion Summon, Red-Eyes Slash Dragon(2800/2400)!" Sunset now was showing off a new monster as it appeared. Out came a dragon as it was covered in metal plating, as on its front claws there was blades attack to the side of its claws as well as its wings were super sharp.

"Now to attack, cause now I'll have my Red-Eyes Slash Dragon target your monster. And now my monster's effect activates, since a 'Red-Eyes' monster declares an attack, I can now equip 1 Warrior monster from my graveyard and place it on my Red-Eyes Slash Dragon and it gains 200 extra attack points, making it now have 3000 attack points." informed Sunset as her dragon powered up as it swooped over and used the blades on the side of its claws and charged at Lead Yoke.

"My monster's going to be tough to take down, cause I'll activate my Battlin' Boxer Lead Yoke's special ability, by using one overlay unit, I can not only save my monster from being taken out but it gains 800 more attack points." informed Jack as his monster broke one of its chains as it raised its fists to meet with Sunset's dragon.

"Maybe, but you still take damage." stated Sunset.
Jack's Life Points: 3200-

"Fine, cause now my Lead Yoke has 3000 attack points, which means both of our monsters are no even."

"Now I'll activate the effect of my Black Stone of Legend in my graveyard, so I'll add it back to my hand and then shuffle back my Red-Eyes B. Dragon back into my deck." stated the bacon-haired girl as her duel disk slotted out her two cards as she added one to her hand and placed her dragon on top of her deck as the autoshuffler kicked in.

"With that, I'll end my turn."

Turn 4: Jack

"My turn, and since I control a 'Battlin' Boxer', I can special summon my Battlin' Boxer Sparrer(1200/1400). And now I'll have my Battlin' Boxer Lead Yoke attack Sunset's dragon." shouted Jack as his monster then raised its fist to punch Sunset's monster. "Both our monsters, have the same attack points, but I'll remove the last overlay unit of my Lead Yoke so that not only does it survive the encounter but it gains 800 more attack points."

"Well, your monster's not the only one who has a special ability, since my Red-Eyes Slash Dragon was destroyed, it can summon any monsters that it had attached to it, so now my Dark Blade is back in play." stated Sunset as her warrior appeared in attack mode.

"Doesn't matter, cause I got this card, Rush Recklessly. So I'll give my Battlin' Boxer Sparrer an extra 700 attack points so now it's stronger than your monster. So take her other monster out!" shouted Jack as his monster raised its punch and took out Sunset's creature.
Sunset's Life Points: 3500-

"With that, I'll then end my turn." said Jack as his Sparrer returned back to its original attack points.

Turn 5: Sunset

"My turn, and now I'll play my Dark Dragon Ritual so I'll send my Gearfried the Red-Eyes Iron Knight to the graveyard so that I can ritual summon my Paladin of Dark Dragon(1900/1200)." Sunset's new monster then appeared as it was dark black dragon as both it and its rider were covered in black armor as the person on its back wielded a lance. "Now Paladin attack his Battlin' Boxer Sparrer!" shouted Sunset as her monster raised its lance and took out its target.
Jack's Life Points: 2500-

"Then I'll activate the effect of my Paladin of Dark Dragon, so I'll tribute him so that I can special summon one 'Red-Eyes' from my hand or deck, so now I'll bring out my Red-Eyes B. Dragon." said Sunset as her smaller monster was now shining in a light as out from the light came Sunset's ace monster. "But it doesn't stop there, cause now I play my Black Stone of Legend and then I'll activate it's effect so that I can tribute it so that I can summon my Red-Eyes Alternative Black Dragon(2400/2000)!" Sunset's small stone then cracked as soon another dragon came out as it let out roar.

"Two dragons?!" said Jack as he was fearfully of what the girl was about to do.

"I now overlay both of my dragons to build the Overlay Network!" Sunset's two monsters then transformed into dark orbs as they levitated in the air for a bit as a portal opened up in front of her. Soon the orbs were then sucked into the portal as a pillar of light emerged. "I Xyz Summon, Red-Eyes Flare Metal Dragon(2800/2400, OLU: 2)!" Sunset's new monster then let out a roar as it caused the boy to drop on his bottom as seeing Sunset's dragon. Sunset just smiled as her dragon then bent down as it curled its body around the girl as he lowered his head near its mistress as she stroke his face as she gave it a kiss.

"Still jealous of Isaac putting his hands on me?" said Sunset as all of her monsters were protective of their mistress. To Sunset, her dragons recognized Sunset's scent as she had a bit of fire as it reminded them of their lava homes, but they also smelled Isaac's pheromones due to their hands-on sessions.

"I now end my turn."

Turn 6: Jack

"My turn, and I'll start off with the spell card, Xyz Treasure. So now I can draw a card for each Xyz monster on the field, so since there's two, I'm allowed to draw two cards." said Jack.

"Yeah, well that won't come without a price, cause thanks to my Red-Eyes Flare Metal Dragon, since it has Xyz materials, you lose 500 life points each time you activate a card or effect." said Sunset as her dragon shot a fireball at Jack.
Jack's Life Points: 2000-

"Then I better get the cards, I need." said Jack to himself as he drew his cards. "Nice, I now play Battlin' Boxer Spirits, so I'll send the top card of my deck to the graveyard so that I can bring back my Battlin' Boxer Switchitter."
Jack's Life Points: 1500-

But it doesn't stop there. Cause like I mentioned before, Switchitter counts as 2 monsters. So now I overlay my two Battlin' Boxer Switchitter to build the Overlay Network!" Jack's monster then transformed into two separate orbs as they hovered in the air for a bit as a portal opened up in front of him. Soon they disappeared into the portal as a pillar of light emerged. "I Xyz Summon, Number 79: Battlin' Boxer Nova Kaiser(2300/1600, OLU: 2)!" Jack now had managed to summon one of the new cards that Isaac had given him as it reigned over the battlefield next to its comrade as clamped its fists together to make a sound.

"Hmm." said Isaac as he watched Jack summon one of the new cards he gave him.

"Nice. Huh?" Jack's duel disk then sent him a message as it was relaying some info for the boy to read. "Cool. Let me show you my new monster's special ability, once per turn, I can attach a 'Battlin' Boxer' from my hand or graveyard as Xyz material to my Nova Kaiser. And for every Xyz material that my monster has equipped, it gains an additional 100 extra attack points. So I'll take my Battlin Boxer Sparrer and transform it to an overlay unit, then my Nova Kaiser has 3 units giving it 300 more points for a grand total of 2600 attack points."

"Either way, it comes at a cost." said Sunset as her dragon's ability burned another 500 life points.
Jack's Life Points: 1000-

"Don't worry, cause I'm about to take your dragon out. Now Battlin Boxer Lead Yoke attack her Red-Eyes Metal Flare Dragon!" shouted Jack. His monster then raised its fists as it looked to take out Sunset's monster.

"I'll activate my dragon's effect, so by using one overlay unit, I can bring back one 'Red-Eyes' normal monster in my graveyard." Sunset then grabbed her Red-Eyes B. Dragon as she slid it to the graveyard to activate her monster's ability, then it it ejected it right back as she placed it on her field in defense mode as her monster was destroyed.
Sunset's Life Points: 2500-

"Then time for Nova Kaiser to attack your Red-Eyes!" declared Jack as his new monster then took out Sunset's dragon.

"Now I'll activate my facedown, Red-Eyes Spirit which allows me to revive a 'Red-Eyes' monster."

"Well, I'll activate my facedown, Xyz Block!" shouted Jack as he played another new card given to him. "Thanks to this baby, all I have to do is remove an Xyz material from my monster and I can negate the effect of your card." Jack then did just that as he removed an overlay unit from Nova Kaiser as he rendered Sunset's card useless.

"Damn." muttered Sunset to herself.

"With that, I'll lay one facedown and end my turn." said the boy. "Man, do I love these new cards from Isaac."

Turn 7: Sunset

"My turn, now I'll activate the effect of my Black Stone of Legend in my graveyard, so I'll return it to my hand and then shuffled back my Red-Eyes Alternative Black Dragon back into my deck." Sunset's duel disk ejected her cards as she placed one in her hand and the other on top of her deck as the autoshuffler kicked in. "Then, I'll play my Red-Eyes Baby Dragon(1200/700) in defense mode and then place one more card facedown."

Turn 8: Jack

"My turn, and like before, my new monster can take a 'Battlin' Boxer' from my graveyard and become an Xyz material." Once more Jack took his Battlin' Boxer Sparrer as he transformed it into another overlay unit for his monster as it was back up to 2600 attack points. "Now I'll have my Lead Yoke take out your baby dragon." Lead Yoke then took out Sunset's tiny monster with ease.

"Now baby dragon do your thing, whenever it's destroyed, I can replace him with one Level 7 or lower 'Red-Eyes' monster from my deck and then I can equip my baby dragon to give that new monster 300 extra attack points. So welcome to the game, Red-Eyes Alternative Black Dragon(2400/2000)!" shouted Sunset as her new monster appeared with her baby clinging to its neck.

"Fine by me, cause I'll still attack your new monster, especially when I banish my Battlin' Boxer Counterpunch to raise Nova Kaiser by 1000 attack points until the end phase." said Jack as he removed his card and the spirit of his monster gave its energy to its comrade as it allowed it to take out Sunset's dragon.
Sunset's Life Points: 1600-

"Now my Red-Eyes Alternative Black Dragon's effect activates, since it was destroyed it battle, I'll now bring back my original Red-Eyes, but this time, it's got twice the attack points." said Sunset as brought her dragon back as it let out a loud roar.

"I'll then summon my Battlin' Boxer Big Bandage(1100/1400) in defense mode. And then end my turn with a facedown."

Turn 9: Sunset

"Then it's my turn, and first up, I'll play my Black Stone of Legend then tribute it so that I can bring out another Red-Eyes Alternative Black Dragon." Sunset now had two dragons on her field. "So go, Red-Eyes attack his Battlin' Boxer Lead Yoke! Inferno Fire Blast!" shouted the girl as her dragon took out Jack's monster.

"Now I activate my Defense Draw so now I take no battle damage and draw one card." said Jack.

"With that, I'll call it a turn." said Sunset.

Turn 10: Jack

"My turn, and now I'll summon my Battlin' Boxer Headgeared(1000/1800). And when I summon him, I can send a 'Battlin' Boxer' from my deck to the graveyard. And don't forget about my Nova Kaiser, so I'll take my Lead Yoke and transform it into an overlay unit so now my Nova Kaiser has 2700 attack points. Then I'll play another Ring Announcer to summon my Battlin' Boxer Veil(0/1800). I now overlay my Battlin' Boxer Big Bandage, Veil, and Headgeared to build the Overlay Network once more!" Jack's three monsters then transformed into dark orbs of light as they hovered in the air as a portal opened up for the boy. Soon they all disappeared as they entered and a pillar of light emerged. "Oh yeah, I Xyz Summon, Number 105: Battlin Boxer Star Cestus(2500/1600, OLU: 3)!" Jack now had another brand new monster as it appeared and made a small crater. "Now this is what I needed, all of these new cards. Now to finish this duel, Star Cestus attack Sunset's Red-Eyes Black Dragon!"

"What?!" said Sunset as she was shocked that the boy was choosing to attack her dragon as it had 4800 attack points.

"Now I activate my Star Cestus, special ability, by using one overlay unit, not only is my monster not destroyed, but any damage I would have taken from that attack, you take instead." informed Jack.

"Shit." muttered Sunset as her dragon fired a fireball at Star Cestus who used his arms to block it as it was now heading towards Sunset who put her arm up as she dropped to one knee.
Sunset's Life Points: 0-

Winner: Jack

"Yes, yes!!" shouted Jack. "I knew it, these cards would make a difference. Oh, I'm so glad to have them. Now I can finally put up a fight, hell I can take on anyone. And it's all thanks to these new additions to my deck." Jack now pulled out his deck as he was admiring the new cards that Isaac had given to him as he couldn't stop praising them.

"You okay, Sunset?" asked Isaac as he was by his friend's side checking on her.

"That barely did a scratch." snickered the bacon-haired girl. "But, I don't mind you carrying me, boy toy."

"So, he won?" said Isaac as he looked at Jack. "Is that what you believe in?" muttered the boy, "Sunset, go trade places with Rainbow and tell her to come here."

"Why?" asked the girl.

"Just do it." said Isaac as he still looked at Jack as he was too busy looking at the cards he had given the boy. Sunset then went to fetch Dash as Isaac was now walking towards the boy.

"I love these cards."

"You do, huh?" said Isaac as he made his presence.

"Hey, Isaac. Thanks for these bad babies, now I can stand a chance. Before don't even think about, but now I'm unstoppable." said Jack.

"Is that so? Then how about taking me on?" stated Isaac.

"What?" said Jack as he now stopped looking at his cards and looked at his head professor.

"You and me, one on one." said Isaac in a competitive tone as he quickly slotted in his deck into his duel disk as it projected a gold card tray.

"Uh, sure. I think I stand a chance of beating you." said Jack as he put his deck back in as the autoshuffler kicked in and his duel disk projected a purple card tray.

"What does Isaac want me to be here for?" asked Rainbow to herself as she arrived just in time to see her friend and her mentee about to throwdown.

"Opponent detected. Streaming data. Duel mode set. Initiating. Commencing duel." said their duel disks.

Isaac's Life Points: 4000-

Jack's Life Points: 4000-

Turn 1: Jack

"I'll start off," said Jack as he drew his card, "I'll play my spell card, Ring Announcer which allows me to special summon a 'Battlin' Boxer' from my hand, so I choose to summon my Battlin' Boxer Switchitter(1500/1400). Then I summon my Battlin' Boxer Headgeared(1000/1800) in defense mode. And when I summon my Boxer Headgeared, I can send a 'Battlin' Boxer' from my deck to the graveyard, so I'll choose my Battlin' Boxer Rabbit Puncher." Jack's duel disk then ejected his chosen card as he sent it to the graveyard. "Now time to show my new monster once again, my Switchitter counts as 2 monsters when performing an Xyz summon. So now I'll overlay my monster." Jack's monster then transformed into two dark orbs as it hovered in the air for a bit. A portal then opened up as the orbs disappeared into the portal as a pillar of light emerged. "I Xyz Summon, Number 79: Battlin' Boxer Nova Kaiser(2300/1600, OLU: 2)!" Jack now had the new monster appear as it had its materials circling around it. "As stated before, once per turn, I can attach a 'Battlin' Boxer' from my hand or graveyard and give it to my Nova Kaiser and then for every overlay unit it has, it gains 100 extra attack points. So with three, that means my monster has 2600 attack points."

"Impressive for summoning that monster out on your first turn. You're definitely improving." said Isaac.

"Damn right, these cards are really doing the job." said Jack.

"Well then..." said Isaac.

Turn 2: Isaac

"It's my turn, I draw. And I'll start by summoning my Magician Boy(1500/1200) in attack mode. And he's not alone, cause now since I control a Level 4 or lower monster I can special summon this, his best friend Mage Annette(1300/1700) in defense mode." Isaac now had both of his kid magicians on his field as they appeared to serve their friend and master. "And when Mage Annette is summoned, I can draw an extra card."

"Here you go, Isaac." said Mage Annette as she opened her textbook and inside was a card as it floated over for him to grab.

"Thanks, Annette." stated the boy. "Now to attack, Magician Boy attack his Nova Kaiser!" shouted Isaac.

"What?!" said Rainbow as she was stunned by the move her friend made.

"Uh, Isaac?" asked Jack as he too was shocked.

Magician Boy then tried to lift his staff up as he used his tiny arm to aim it at the big fighter. He then pushed his hat that was covering his eyes up a bit as he launched his spell and the blast made his fall face first.

"Whenever my Magician Boy battles, he can't be destroyed in battle, and any damage done is throw to your life points instead of mine." said Isaac as the spell now hit Jack as he lost some points. "But it doesn't stop there, cause whenever my Magician Boy fails to destroy a monster, he can take out one of yours and then you take damage equal to its attack points. So your Battlin Boxer Headgeared is now gone." stated the boy as he took out Jack's other monster and lost even more life points.
Jack's Life Points: 1900-

"Something's wrong, why didn't Isaac target Jack's Nova Kaiser. If his Magician Boy allows him to destroy a monster and have its user take damage to its attack points, wouldn't it make sense to get rid of the big guy? That way, he only have 300 life points." stated Rainbow as she was observing. "It's almost like he intentionally didn't do that, almost like... he's... toying with Jack."

"You good, bud?" asked Isaac to his Magician Boy.

"Yeah, all good." said Isaac's small magician as he pulled his face from the ground in animated way. "Didn't feel anything."

"Hold still." stated Mage Annette in a stern tone as she was checking on her best friend.

"Annette, what are you doing?" asked the boy magician.

"I'm checking to make sure your dumb actions didn't get you hurt like always." said the girl as she began to place her hands on her best friend's forehead looking for any bumps.

"I told you, I feel fine." said the boy magician. "You're so headstrong, it's like you like me or something."

"I don't like you!" shouted Mage Annette as she had a bit of red on her face when she said that statement. "Besides, what would I ever see in you? You're childish, reckless, not to mention naïve." All the while Mage Annette turned her back to her friend all the while she was playing with her hair as she thought about all the traits that made up her best friend as her face was heating up even more.

Isaac was just watching the interaction between his kids magicians as he couldn't help but smile at how the pair acted. "Hey guys, don't want to break up this interaction, but we still need to win."

"Isaac's right, Annette. So let's do this." said the tiny boy as he was now pumped up.

"Fine, for Isaac." said Mage Annette. "Just try to be more careful."

"Now where were we, oh right, I'll lay a card facedown and end my turn."

Turn 3: Jack

"My turn, and time I take control of this duel. And with the cards I got, there's no way that's not gonna happen." said Jack as he drew his card. "Now I'll detach an Xyz material so that I can special summon my Battlin' Boxer Shadow(1800/1400). But I'll then activate the effect of my Nova Kaiser so then I'll reattach that material I removed and give it back to my Nova Kaiser. Then I'll play the spell card, Battlin' Boxer Spirits, so now I'll send the top card of my deck to the graveyard so that I can bring back my Battlin' Boxer Headgeared." said Jack as he brought his monster back as he now had a trio of monsters on his field. "Now I'll overlay both my Battlin' Boxer Headgeared and Shadow to build the Overlay Network!" Jack's two monsters then transformed into dark orbs as they hovered in the air for a bit as a portal opened up in front of the boy. Soon they disappeared into the portal as a pillar of light emerged. "I Xyz Summon, Battlin' Boxer Lead Yoke(2200/2000, OLU: 2!" Out emerged another powerful monster as Jack had a smile on his face while Isaac had a straight face.

"Now I'll play the spell card, Xyz Treasure. So now based on the number of Xyz monsters on the field, I can draw that many cards, so since there's currently two it means I draw two cards." stated Jack as he drew some more cards. "I now play the spell Overlay Flash. So by removing one Xyz material from my Battlin' Boxer Lead Yoke, I can negate the effects of your Magician Boy. And by removing an overlay unit, my Battlin' Boxer Lead Yoke gains 800 more attack points making it now have 3000 attack points. So go my fighter attack his Magician Boy!" shouted Jack.

"I reveal my facedown, Magicians' Defense!" said Isaac as his facedown flipped over. "Now the damage I take is cut in half."
Isaac's Life Points: 3250-

"Well, it won't matter, cause now I'll have my Nova Kaiser attack your Mage Annette." said Jack as he had his other monster take out Isaac's other tiny spellcaster. "I'll then summon my Battlin' Boxer Sparrer(1200/1400) in defense mode. And then place one card facedown."

Turn 4: Isaac

"My turn, and I'll start by placing one card facedown. Then I summon my Imperial Bower(1500/1500). And now I activate his ability, since I control no other monsters, I can tribute it so that I can summon 2 'Royal Knights' to my field from my deck. So I choose to summon my King's Knight(1600/1400), and Jack's Knight(1900/1000) to the field in defense mode. And then from my hand, I summon Queen's Knight(1500/1600) also in defense mode." Isaac now had his three royal knights as they all put their swords together as they swore an oath to fight in the name of their master.

"With that, I'll end my turn."

Turn 5: Jack

"That's all? My monsters are gonna have no problem taking them out. Watch." said Jack as he drew his card. "Especially since I got these new cards, my victory is at hand. Now I summon another Battlin' Boxer Headgeared and like before when it's summoned, I can send another 'Battlin' Boxer' from my deck to the graveyard, so this time I choose my Battlin' Boxer Glassjaw. And when my Glassjaw is sent to the graveyard, I can add another 'Battlin' Boxer' monster from my graveyard to my hand. So I'll take back my Battlin' Boxer Shadow back to my hand." said Jack as his duel disk then ejected his card for him to grab. "Now I can special summon my Shadow by detaching an Xyz material, so I'll do that from my Nova Kaiser so that I can summon my monster. But it won't be gone for long, cause then Nova Kaiser allows me to add that material I detached back to it so it's attack points are still 2600, however, I now have three Level 4 monsters which is what I need to construct the Overlay Network!" Jack's three monster now transformed into orbs of light as a portal opened in front of the boy. Soon they disappeared into it as a new monster was being called upon. "I Xyz Summon, Number 105: Battlin' Boxer Star Cestus(2500/1600, OLU: 3)!" With that, Jack now had a total of three Xyz monsters on his field as he looked to clear out Isaac's entire field.

"Well, what do you think? I mean, I am liking my deck now." said Jack.

"Hmm." was all Isaac said as he still had a straight look on his face.

"Keep it up, Jack." said Rainbow as she too was lending her moral support for her student. "Just like I taught you, hit 'em hard and fast."

"Rainbow." said Isaac as he shook his head as he finally had his answer.

"Now time to attack, Battlin' Boxer Nova Kaiser take out his Queen's Knight, Lead Yoke attack his King's Knight, and then Star Cestus destroy his Jack's Knight!" commanded Jack as all three of his brawlers all raised their fists and took out Isaac's knights. "But don't think you're safe, cause I activate the spell card, Flaming Knockout. So now you take damage equal to the attack points of your Jack's Knight." said Jack as he dealt Isaac some damage as he merely blocked it with his duel disk.
Isaac's Life Points: 1350-

"How's that? My monsters pack quite the punch, literally." laughed Jack as Rainbow couldn't help but chuckle. Isaac had his arm over his face as they couldn't see his eyes, but then his mouth now had a sly grin.

"Well, then. I think that's enough as I'm almost about to win. So, I'll end..."

"Hold on!!!" shouted Isaac. "I activate my facedown, Magicians Navigation! So now I can summon my Dark Magician from my hand and then special summon one Level 7 or lower Dark spellcaster from my deck. So I'll also summon my Magician of Dark Illusion. But why stop at just one, cause since I activated a spell or trap card during your turn, I can special summon my second Magician of Dark Illusion(2100/2500) from my hand." Isaac now had more monsters on his field, just like that he was able to replace three monsters that were destroyed with three new monsters and it only took the help of one card.

"You may have your magician, but like I said, my cards are powerful. There's nothing you can do to stop me from winning. Thanks for the cards by the way, they work wonders for me." said Jack.

"I wouldn't thank me just yet." spoke Isaac in a serious tone that it caused both Rainbow and Jack to look at the boy. "In fact, you won't be saying that when I'm done with you!"

Turn 6: Isaac

"Time to end this!" said Isaac as he took his turn. "I now overlay all three of my magicians to build the Overlay Network!" Isaac's monsters then transformed into dark orbs of light as they hovered in the air as a portal opened up in front of the boy. Soon all the orbs disappeared into the portal as a pillar of light emerged. "Show the world your wizardly and wonder! I Xyz Summon, Chaos Mageía(3000/2500, OLU: 3)!" Out emerged a sorceress who had long flowing red hair with vanilla skin tone. She wore an emerald necklace and had white gloves that covered her smooth hands. Her outfit consisted of light blue dress that stopped at her knees; she wore black heels that weren't too high, as well as earrings that matched her necklace.

"Rainbow!" shouted Isaac as he got the chromatic girl to look at him. "You disappointed me."

"Huh?" said Rainbow as she didn't understand what her friend was saying.

"Since I used 'Dark Magician' to summoned this monster, I can negate the effects of all other monsters currently on the field. I now activate Chaos Mageía's special ability, by using one overlay unit, I can send all other Xyz materials from all other monsters on the field to the graveyard and then she gains 500 extra attack points for each of those materials and it gains an extra attack." said Isaac.

"Wait..." said Jack as he fell on his bottom at hearing Isaac say that.

"You have three Xyz monsters, your Nova Kaiser has three units, Lead Yoke has one, and Star Cestus had three as well, which brings the total to 7. So that means my Chaos Mageía can attack seven times and she'll get a power boost of 3500 extra attack points for a total of..."

"6500?!!!!" shouted both Jack and Rainbow as they had their mouths wide open.

"End this!" demanded Isaac to his monster.

"With pleasure, Isaac." said Chaos Mageía as she heard the orders given to her by her beloved master. She then had her wand transform into a bow as she pulled out some magical energies in the shape of an arrow out of her quiver as she pulled the bow back and locked in on her targets.

"Hmm, too easy", laughed Chaos Mageía, "Divinity Arrow!!"

She then released her arrow as it flew through the air with tons of speed and velocity. It then shattered into seven smaller arrows as three of them pierced through Jack's monsters as the four remaining were racing towards the boy who just put his arm up as they exploded around him.
Jack's Life Points: 0-

Winner: Isaac

"Just what I thought." said Isaac as he was not happy.

He then started to approach Jack who was still on floor as he was slowly coming to, at that moment his deck had slotted out of the duel disk as it was in front of him. Just as he reached over to it, Isaac placed his foot on top of the boy's hand as he couldn't move it from under his headmaster's foot. He looked up and saw Isaac's face as it told everything.

"Isaac... I... can explain..."

"You know, people thought I was crazy for picking someone like you given your backstory to be a part of my program. And I wanted to prove them wrong, which is why I chose you to be one these students. Because I believed in you." said Isaac.

"I can explain..."

"No this is where you Zip It! The adult is talking!!" spoke Isaac with a bit more volume in his voice. "I get that you struggled with your deck; I get it you didn't have the resources to improve it. Which is why I went out of my way to help you. I went out of my way to talk to one of my close acquittances to give me some of his spare cards so that I can help my students. He understood the situation I was in, in fact he gave those cards to me in a heartbeat. He knows what I'm doing and is willing to help get this program to be a success. But how can it, if you have that mindset. Is that what you thought when I gave you those cards, that you suddenly let them go to your hand. You think cause I gave you some supped up powerful cards that you can just do whatever you want with them. Let me tell you something, Jack. You go with that mindset in Duel Monsters and in life, you're gonna fall on your ass, hard. If he was here and he saw how you were treating the cards that he lent me to give to you, he too would be disappointed."

"Isaac?" said Rainbow.

"I'll deal with you in a bit, Dash!" said Isaac as he turned to glance at his friend.

"Do you know what would happened if you did that shit during the final exam? If the Board of Education was here and they saw that duel, you think they would be impressed? You think they would like to see a kid be overconfident and think that because he's got new cards that he's unstoppable, untouchable. Is that the example you want to set for future generations that will enroll in this program?!" asked Isaac with some volume. "What would have happened if you took the test right now and failed? Different story, cause that's on you. And if you fail, I feel like that's on me. I don't need that on my conscience to know that I failed a friend."

"I'm sorry." said Jack as he felt some tears forming at Isaac's words.

"Sorry doesn't cut it."

"I... I... I just... wanted to be like you."

"And I wanted you to be better." replied Isaac as that sentence hit hard. He bent down as he picked up Jack's deck and then took out all the cards he had given the boy as he placed them in his pocket. He then handed the boy back the deck.

"No, don't do this, Isaac. I need those."

"No you don't."

"You don't understand, this is all that I have. I'm nothing without those cards!" replied Jack.

"If you're nothing without these cards, then you shouldn't have them." responded Isaac. He then turned as he began to walk away as he left Jack to grab his deck as he looked at it with some sadness in his eyes. Rainbow saw the whole thing as she made her way to the boy as she placed her hand on his shoulder as she offered some comfort.

Isaac was walking through the corridor to his room when Rainbow stopped him.

"What the hell?!" asked Rainbow. "You could have lighten up on the kid."

"I know you're not one to talk about being brash." said Isaac. "Besides, I told him the truth. If he acted that way during the final exam in a few mouths, he jeopardizes everything. He puts the entire school at risk, the reputation, of not just me. But also you Dash. You want people to have that notion about you, that you tutored a student who turned out like that."

"No... but..."

"But nothing. Answer me this, Dash. Have you been criticizing Jack's progress?"

"Well, yeah..."

"Don't bullshit me!!!" shouted Isaac as he punched the wall with his voice echoing in the hallway that if anybody was nearby they would have heard him.

"A little... not really..." spoke the chromatic girl.

"Rainbow, Rainbow, Rainbow." said Isaac as he put his hand to his head.

"You saw how happy he was to finally have his deck be upgraded. He's a beginner and well, he wanted to know what it feels like to win." spoke Dash. "Ever since our encounter, I've been trying to be a better teacher. I finally got used to the kid and well so did he. And whenever we practiced using those cards, I just gave him a smile and thumbs up since he was ecstatic to see the progress he's been making."

"Very little progress." said Isaac. "Rainbow, I get you wanted to make Jack happy by saying he was doing okay. But he's not improving his skills or he develops this attitude and belief when it comes to Duel Monsters, and all you're doing is smiling and waving. You're straight up lying to his face. This game means too much to me, and I will not stand by to see someone disrespect it."

"I get it, but... you know what he's been through." said Rainbow as she reminded her friend of her student's backstory. "This is the one time in his life that he feels happy."

"Happy because you're telling him a lie. I went easy on him, you think others, the world will be as harsh as I was. No, they will be harsher because we live in a world where most people don't care about your feelings." said Isaac. "I had faith in you Rainbow, and I truly believe that you're doing all you can to help young Jack. But you let me down, and as my friend, you lied to me. Again."

"Isaac." spoke Rainbow in a soft voice.

"Okay, it's not working. I'm going to make some changes. First, give me back my cards." said Isaac as he took Rainbow's deck and started to take all the cards he added to her as he pocketed them.

"For how long?" asked Rainbow.

"Forever." said Isaac as he tossed her cards back at him.

"You can't do that?! They're my cards!" shouted the girl.

"Cards that I gave you. Remember what I said to you, who gave you this position as teacher. Me. So you report to me. And like I said, these were my cards long before they were ever yours. You said it yourself when we first met, you don't need to change up your deck, cause it's perfect the way it is. I'm just keeping what you said true. Remember." stated the boy. "Now get out of my sight, I've got a lot to think about." Isaac then entered the passcode on the door as he entered his room as he left the girl standing there.

Isaac now sat down on his bed with his hands to his head as he was deep in thought. He then took out the cards he took from Jack as he looked at them. He then looked at one of the many photos on the drawers as it had the picture of Isaac's acquittance who had let him borrow said cards. For Isaac he had promised the person that he would make sure that the cards would be treated with respect and use to their full potential, but it seemed he couldn't live up to that promise. Especially given who his acquittance was.

"Forgive me for betraying your trust, Y..." was all Isaac said before the scene cut him off.


It was now nighttime as everybody had got to sleep. Well almost everybody, Jack was still in the training room as he sat down in a chair as he had his deck in his hand. Every since his encounter with Isaac, he never once stopped looking at his deck. He then flipped it over as it was his Jinzo card as the words of his professor echoed in his head.

"If you're nothing without these cards, then you shouldn't have them."

"I'm sorry." said Jack to himself. Soon he heard some footsteps as the shadow of a person loomed over him.

"This seat taken." asked Rainbow. She then pulled up a chair as she sat next to her student.

"Is Isaac..."

"Ehh... he's... thinking about making some changes." was all Rainbow said. "Listen, Jack. I'm sorry."

"No, I'm sorry." said the boy. "I just felt like since I now had some good and powerful cards, I felt like everything would come naturally, especially winning. I guess I got carried with showing off the new cards that Isaac gave me."

"Well, I also apologize. As your teacher, I should have been more honest with you. Crazy, Aj is usually the one that fits that description. I'm always the loyal one, but I wasn't loyal to my own student. I just wanted you to be happy. Once we got training and Isaac gave you those cards, I felt happy for you kid. Especially once you started to actually do different moves instead of the same old thing." stated Rainbow. "I guess, I wanted you to be happy to know that you were improving and that you were starting to win your duels despite being a beginner. But I see that I was wrong, I should have told you what you were doing and give proper pointers, instead of stringing you along thinking you were doing good. Sorry."

"I understand and... I forgive you. But, Isaac is right. If I'm not anything without those cards, then I don't deserve to have them. I can't take advantage and think that winning will come with ease. I need to show why I can win. Besides, Isaac said he got these cards from an acquittance of his, I just hope whoever they are understands that I wasn't trying to disrespect him or Isaac." said Jack.

"Then let's go." said Rainbow as she stood up her. "Let's do some special training."

"Right." smiled Jack as he stood up and put on his duel disk as it projected a purple card tray as Rainbow's produced a sky blue color. Both looked at their decks as they knew that there were missing some cards due to Isaac but that didn't stop them.

"Opponent detected. Streaming data. Duel mode set. Initiating. Commencing duel." said their duel disks.

Rainbow's Life Points: 4000-

Jack's Life Points: 4000-

Turn 1: Rainbow

"I'll start off," said Rainbow as she drew her card, "I'll start by summoning my U.A. Midfielder, then I'll switch him out so that I can summon my U.A. Mighty Slugger(2300/700)." Rainbow’s newest monster descended from a portal above her, a baseball star in black and silver sports armor. It posed with an arm held out, a metal cylinder in its hand, and with a flash of light it extended a holographic red light in the shape of a baseball bat.

"With that I'll lay a facedown and end my turn."

Turn 2: Jack

"My turn, and I summon my Battlin' Boxer Switchitter(1500/1400). And when using Switchitter to Xyz summon, he counts as two monsters. So now I overlay my Battlin' Boxer Switchitter to build the Overlay Network!" Jack's monster then transformed into two dark orbs of light as they hovered in the air for a bit as a portal opened up in front of him. Soon they disappeared inside of the portal as a pillar of light emerged. "I Xyz Summon, Battlin' Boxer Lead Yoke(2200/2000, OLU: 2)!" Jack now had his monster appeared as it had its hands chained together. "Now I'll remove one Xyz material so that I can special summon my Battlin' Boxer Shadow(1800/1400). And since I removed an Xyz material, it means my Battlin' Boxer gains 800 more attack points making it now stronger than your monster. So Lead Yoke attack her Mighty Slugger!" shouted Jack as his monster broke one of its chains and then raised its fist to as he managed to take out Rainbow's monster.
Rainbow's Life Points: 3300-

"Now you're wide open, so now I'll have my Battlin' Boxer Shadow attack you directly."

"Not this time!” Rainbow growled. “I activate my trap card, Reinforce Truth!” The card flipped over and lit up. “This lets me special summon a Level 2 or lower Warrior from my deck.” Rainbow tapped the hologram of her selected card and it ejected. “I’ll summon X-Saber Pashuul(100/0) in defense mode!” An elderly warrior with a massive mess of tangled black hair, dark blue armor, and a massive sword, appeared in front of Rainbow and knelt.

"X-Saber Pashuul can’t be destroyed in battle." informed the girl.

"In that case, there's no point in me continuing my attack. So I'll end my turn with a facedown."

Turn 3: Rainbow

"My turn, and like before I'll summon U.A. Midfielder so that I can switch out to summon my U.A. Dreadnought Dunker(2500/1800)." A portal opened up as out materialized a muscular basketball player in dark blue and black pants and a thick silver and orange chestpiece. "I'll now attack your Battlin' Boxer Shadow!" shouted Rainbow. Dreadnought Dunker held up a hand, an orb of blue energy gathering from its fingertips. Dreadnought Dunker grinned, spun in place, and hurled the ball of energy it held across the field. The orb struck Battlin' Boxer Shadow and blew right through it, leaving a gaping hole before it exploded.
Jack's Life Points: 3300-

"Now we're even." said Rainbow. "Now the effect of my Dreadnought Dunker activates, since it dealt damage, I can now destroy one card on the field, so I choose your Lead Yoke!"

"Not gonna work this time, cause I'll remove the last overlay unit so that I can protect my Lead Yoke from being destroyed." said Jack. "And since I removed an overlay unit, my monster now gains 800 more attack points for a grand total of 3800."

"So much for that idea." stated Rainbow. "I'll then end my turn."

Turn 4: Jack

"My turn," said Jack as he drew his card. "Now I'll play my spell card, Battlin' Boxer Spirits so I'll send the top card of my deck to the graveyard so that I can summon back my Battlin' Boxer Shadow. Then I'll sacrifice my Battlin' Boxer Shadow so that I can summon Jinzo(2400/1500)!" Out came a cybernetic robot as Jack looked at the monster that had been with him since his incident. "And thanks to Jinzo, since he's on the field, all trap cards are useless." Jinzo then shot some beams from his eyes as both Jack's and Rainbow's facedowns were gone.

"Now to attack, Lead Yoke take out her Dreadnought Dunker." shouted Jack as his monster took out Rainbow's monster.
Rainbow's Life Points: 2000-

"With that I'll end my turn."

Turn 5: Rainbow

"My turn, and I should thank you for taking out my facedown. See you destroyed my U.A. Penalty Box and so I can banish it from my graveyard so that I can add one 'U.A.' spell card from my deck to my hand." informed Dash as she used her duel disk to add the card she wanted as it slide out for her to grab. "Now I summon Midfielder then tag out so that I can summon my U.A. Goalkeeper(1000/2800) in defense mode." Midfielder swirled up into another portal. With a large thud, Rainbow’s monster descended to the field, a massive creature in thick white and orange hockey armor with glowing green lines crossing the pads. It crouched and held its hands out to the side, a red visor over its eyes lighting up.

"That's all."

Turn 6: Jack

"My turn, and now to take out your Goalkeeper." said Jack as he commanded his Lead Yoke.

"Not this time, cause my Goalkeeper allows me to grant one 'U.A.' monster to not be destroyed in battle." informed Rainbow as her monster survived the attack by getting banged up a bit.

"Then I'll end my turn."

Turn 7: Rainbow

"My turn," said Rainbow as she drew her card. "I play Monster Reborn to bring back my U.A. Dreadnought Dunker and since I control a 'U.A.' monster, I can special summon this guy, U.A. Strategist(1000/600)." Next to Midfielder rose a monster in a silver uniform with blue and orange stripes, a clipboard under one arm and a whistle dangling from its neck. The monster raised its head, eyes staring sharply under a white baseball cap, and let out a grunt. "Now I tune my Level 7 U.A. Dunker with my Level 3 Strategist." Strategist’s whistle echoed as it turned into 3 green rings that floated into the air. Dunker rose up into them as they began to spin. A pillar of blue light shot down through the rings. “I align brains and brawn, coach and player, and call in the unparalleled master of the field! Meet a superstar like no other! I Synchro Summon! Rushing in, U.A. Star Player(2700/2500)!” Clad head to toe in a silver bodysuit with glowing blue and orange stripes up the sides, it hung ominously in the air. The monster raised its head, scruffy blond hair blowing in the wind, and dropped to the ground, landing on its feet. It held a hand to the side and a pair of orange sunglasses appeared in its fingers; it slipped them on, grinned, and reared up to its full height, arms crossed.

"Now I'll play the spell card, U.A. Support. So now I can send one 'U.A.' monster from my deck to the graveyard so that my Star Player can gain its attack points, so I'll send U.A. Playmaker to the grave so that my Star Player gains its stats so now it has 5100 attacks." said Rainbow as her monster glowed blue. "Now Star Player attack!"

"I reveal my facedown, Lightning Clinch. Since you declared an attack, I pay 3000 life points to negate all attacks from you for the entire turn." said Jack as he lost a huge part of his life points to survive Rainbow's attack.
Jack's Life Points: 300-

"Well, in that case, I'll end my turn."

Turn 8: Jack

"My turn," said Jack as he drew his card and looked at Rainbow's side of the field as he looked to execute his plan. "Now I play the spell card, Brain Reboot! I can only activate this card when my life points are 1000 or less, so now I can return all the monsters on your side of the field back to your hand and then you take damage equal to the combined levels of the monsters times 500. So while your Star Player may be returning back to your Extra Deck, your Goalkeeper still counts so since it's Level 6, that means you're taking 3000 points of damage." informed Jack as his spell started to take effect, as her monsters started to shine in a white outline as they resulted in a thunderbolt to fall on her as she took the damage.
Rainbow's Life Points: 0-

Winner: Jack

The duel ended as Jack fell on his back with his arms and legs out as he was breathing heavily, Dash was on one knee as she too was breathing.

"Good, job. Kid." said Rainbow as she tried her best to give a thumbs up.

"Thanks." said Jack as he too put a thumbs up while lying on his back. Soon another shadow loomed over him as he looked and saw who it was.

"Not bad." spoke Isaac as he had been watching the duel and the little moment between the two. "So?"

"I think I get it now." spoke Jack as he sat up.

"Then you're gonna need these." said Isaac as he handed back the cards to Jack as the boy was now looking at them with a different purpose and outlook other than just obtaining a win.

"I promise to treat these cards with a bit more respect and to the person who lent them to you." said Jack.

"That's all I ask." Isaac then offered his fist as Jack returned a fist bump to his headmaster. "Now get to bed, it's late." responded the older teen as he dismissed the younger teen boy as he left towards his room. Isaac then turned back to look at Rainbow who was now sitting as the duel had taken a bit out of her.

"So, change your mind?" asked Rainbow.

"Yeah,... friends again."

"We never stopped being friends, geek." chuckled Rainbow.

"Here." said Isaac as he handed back his cards to Rainbow as she held them tightly before putting them back in her deck. "Now it's late and we've all had a long day." Isaac then began to leave when he saw that Rainbow was still sitting.

"Can... you... carry me? Please?" asked Rainbow while trying to hide her face of red.

"I thought you weren't for touchy feeling things." snickered Isaac.

"Never mind then, idiot!" pouted Rainbow. Soon she felt herself being picked up as Isaac was now carrying her in his arms. She then looked at her friend as he had a smile on his face as Rainbow wrapped her arms around the boy's neck as she nuzzled into his chest with her eyes closed.

"Man, you're heavy." complained Isaac.

"Hey!" shouted the girl.

"I'm joking, Dash." said Isaac as he gave a quick kiss to his friend on the lips and to her forehead. With that Isaac had to carry Rainbow to her room to where he dropped her off as he then left to his room where he looked at the photo of his acquittance and thanked him silently before getting into bed and drifting to sleep.

PreviousChapters Next