• Published 11th Oct 2020
  • 4,508 Views, 856 Comments

Yugioh: Worlds Collide - ShootingStar25



If everything all relied on you drawing the perfect card, would you take it? Would you risk it all for one shot at being remembered? No matter how much skill/talent you have sometimes all you need is a little luck to turn the tide of a duel.

  • ...
9
 856
 4,508

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 138: Influence

"Then I suggest you get it up before Friday. Work hard, listen to the girls, but most importantly, practice. I'll be spending all this week checking in with the others to tell me of your progress, I'll also be working on the brackets. So, get ready you guys. Cause if you're serious about your skills and want to learn the 'advanced' tactics, then you all need to bust your ass!" With that Isaac dismissed the group as they all headed in separate directions to meet with their mentors.

Bryant Lopez was making his way to meeting with his mentor. Safe to say, when he found out that Fluttershy was going to be his mentor, he wasn't too sure of the choice. Mostly, cause the vibe he got from the girl was, well... shy. And it proved to be true when she first spoke to him at how timid she was. So Bryant just merely nodded and waved; he felt like he got stuck with the pity member of the group. Not to mention he was concerned on how someone like her was chosen to be a tutor. Safe to say he had an entirely different opinion on that when he noticed a video playing that had her competing in the Fall Formal in which she had made it to the top 8 and most of all, she had managed to take on Isaac in one of the quarterfinal rounds. Granted she had lost as Isaac had won and eventually would win the whole tournament to become champion of CHS, but the fact that Fluttershy was able to face Isaac and hold her own surprised him and the others.

The one thing that he and the others students all thought was that when they first saw Fluttershy, they assumed her to be the weakest member of this collective group based on her appearance, personality, and some of the cards she showed off to the group. However, that assumption was quickly shattered during the test evaluation in which Fluttershy took on Jack and was able to win in such a convincing fashion as she shocked the expectations that they each had. Now that Bryant knew that Fluttershy had some skill and could hang with the others, he was pleased to have the shy girl as his tutor. He had grabbed his backpack as he made his way to the front of the school. He was able to see Fluttershy sitting in front of her school statue as she had Angel in her arms as she was petting the small bunny.

"How's that Angel?" asked Fluttershy as she was scratching her bunny's back.

"You sneak a bunny into school?" asked Bryant as he stood over his tutor.

"Oh, Bryant. Well, not really. See I have to bring Angel to his doctor's appointment later, but given that we have our tutor session. I won't have enough time to go pick him up. So I kinda tucked him into my bag." said Fluttershy as she smiled sheepishly.

"Then how has Principal Celestia not caught you red-handed?" asked the boy.

"Well, I guess being shy has its perks, not too mention timid, scared, terrified of bad things happening." said Fluttershy as she was now starting to shake from all the things she said as she hid behind her hair.

"Okay, I get it. So are we gonna get started?" said Bryant as he sat down in front of his teacher.

"In a little bit, just relax." said Fluttershy as she kept on snuggling her pet.

Sometime had passed as Fluttershy was just playing with Angel as Bryant just sat with a bored expression on his face. Eventually, Fluttershy started to reach into her backpack. Bryant thought she was going to pull out her deck so that they could get started, but it turned out to be a carrot as she was just feeding her bunny.

"There you go, Angel. Eat up." said Fluttershy with a calm voice.

"Ahh!" said Bryant as he let out a yell.

"Something wrong?"

"It's just... the tournament is Friday. And I really want to learn from you. I thought I was given the pity pick by having someone like you as my mentor, but after seeing your skills in person, I'm now more than excited to have you teach me. Besides I need to, if I'm to stand a chance against Isaac." Bryant then looked at his hand as he made a fist. He still remembered the fight he had against his headmaster as he squashed him with ease.

"I put this red X on my chest because I know I am the target. So a little piece of advice to whoever wants to come at me next, remember one thing. They stop manufacturing the cloth that I'm cut from!!"

"Try to not get stressed." said Fluttershy as she put her hand on top of his fists. "Here. Hold this." Fluttershy was holding Angel in her hands.

"Um, why?" asked Bryant as he had his eyebrow raised.

"Holding a bunny always makes me feel better." Fluttershy then handed her student her pet.

"Well, that's ridiculous. Who in their right mind would...but... ooh. It actually kind of works." stated Bryant as he felt his anger and worries drift away as he held the small and cuddly little creature.

"See." smiled Fluttershy as she watched her student being happy. "And don't let your defeat to Isaac get to you. I get it, but think about it. Compare your current level with that of Isaac's. As much as I hate to use the word, 'rookie'. You and the rest of the students are essentially that. Now you all have different levels of when it comes to dueling, but when you measure up against, Isaac. You have alot to learn." stated Fluttershy.

"But I have a huge admiration for Duel Monsters. All the great legends of the past that have made their mark in this game, I want to be a great duelist, but if I can't even takedown Isaac, then I might as well give up."

"Why is it so important that you takedown Isaac?" asked Fluttershy.

"Cause he whupped my ass. It wasn't even close, he manhandled me." said Bryant.

"Did he now? Or were you just not giving it your all?"

"What do you mean?"

"Let me pick your mind a bit. Do you think Isaac won because he had better cards? Cause he had a better strategy? Or maybe cause he says a catchphrase that gives him superpowers." said Fluttershy as she had a sly smile. "I know, maybe he's just that damn good?"

"What are you getting at?" said Bryant.

"What I'm saying is that you claim you want to be a duelists like those before us, but you're missing the one thing they all had. A bond."

"Excuse me?"

"Yes, Isaac has top notch skills and cards. But the major thing that drives him towards victory is the bond he shares with his deck. Everytime Isaac gets on the dueling field, he takes a moment to acknowledge his deck and talk with his cards for a few seconds."

"Talk with his cards?" said Bryant. "Look I can believe a kid would do something like that. Given Duel Monsters and how it captivates everyone at a young age. But Isaac isn't a kid."

"Still, he has that bond with his cards. Something that everybody takes for granted; that bond is what allows him to draw the cards he needs when he's in a tough predicament. Its what's driven him to be the duelist he is today. It's the reason why he beat you all so convincingly." stated Fluttershy.

"So what do I do?" asked Bryant.

"Take a moment to look at your cards and talk with them. Let them know that you're not just someone who calls on them whenever he's in battle. You need to develop a trust and acknowledge that you can't just expect them to do what you ask of them, without giving them trust." stated Fluttershy.

Bryant then put Angel in his lap as he reached into his pocket and pulled out his deck. He then began to look at them as he started to see if he could do what Fluttershy was telling him to do. If he really wanted to be a duelist and defeat Isaac, then he had to do something that he didn't fully understand. So try as he might, Bryant closed his eyes as he tried to come up with a connection with his cards. Moments passed and there was nothing, some more time passed and all he could hear was nothing but silence as he opened his eyes as he was sweating.

"Nothing." said Bryant.

"Don't fret. Everybody goes at their own pace; you'll develop your bond with your monsters eventually." smiled the shy girl.

"Well, what about you?! Someone as timid as you would get tons of responses that say you would never be a good duelist. They probably treat you as a doormat and just step on you." replied Bryant.

"If people think that of me, then why did I get to the top 8 of the Fall Formal. Hmm." said Fluttershy with a smug smile. "I'll admit, in the beginning I was a terrible duelist. Anybody could beat me, even some of the younger people. Cause I was just so afraid of the idea that I would fight by myself and that I didn't have strong cards per say. But even so I still kept my deck. And it was the right choice when Isaac arrived."

"He improved it." stated Bryant.

"Yes, but real he rebuilt from the ground up. He did something that I never asked him to do and he made me a new deck as a sign of our friendship. He was able to help and show me some tricks, but when it really came down to making it my own. I did just that and made Isaac proud. Now I'm doing moves that I never thought I would do; let alone my confidence from where I started has shot up significantly. Now everybody knows to think twice about my animals and they show they can be just a fierce as any other deck. I took a mediocre concept of a deck and showed just how versatile it could be; not to mention I developed a bond with my cards." stated Fluttershy.

"Huh? Still, I'm not sure about this whole connection with the cards." said Bryant.

"Well, maybe this will help." Fluttershy then stood up as she dusted off her dress and reached back into her backpack as she pulled out her duel disk and put it on her arm as it morphed and projected a yellow card tray. She then reached into the side pocket of her bag as she slotted in her deck.

"You mean?"

"Come on, get up." said Fluttershy as she took her position.

Bryant then put Angel down and stood up as he took off his bag. He then pulled out his practice duel disk as it combined together, he then pulled out his deck as he shuffled it manually as he slotted it into the compartment.

"Opponent detected. Duel mode set. Streaming data. Initiating. Commencing duel." said their duel disks.

Bryant's Life Points: 4000-

Fluttershy's Life Points: 4000-

Turn 1: Fluttershy

"I'll start things if you don't mind." said Fluttershy in a calm voice as she drew her card. "I summon Eucalyptus Mole(300/1300) in defense mode. Then I'll play one card facedown and end my turn."

Turn 2: Bryant

"My turn, so here goes." said Bryant as he drew his card. "I summon my Performapal Friendonkey(1600/600). And when he's summoned, I can also summon this guy. So take the stage Performapal Sword Fish(600/600) in defense mode." Bryant now had two monsters on his field as he looked to make the first attack. "Now I'll have my Performapal Friendonkey attack your Eucalyptus Mole!" shouted Bryant as he gave his monster its order as his donkey raced over and stomped on the head of Fluttershy's mole as was pushed into the ground and destroyed.

"Since my Eucalyptus Mole was destroyed in battle, I can summon a 'Koala' from my deck. So come on out buddy, Big Koala(2700/2000)!" shouted Fluttershy as behind her came a huge Koala as it had leaves in its mouth and sat on its behind.

"I get the feeling that this koala isn't just fluffy." stated Bryant. "With that, I'll throw a facedown and end my turn."

Turn 3: Fluttershy

"Not bad, very good job." said Fluttershy as she was still cheering her student on.

"No offense, but you shouldn't you be trying to act more seriously." asked Bryant.

"Oh, right. My bad." smiled Fluttershy sheepishly. "Now then I play this, Polymerization so that I can fuse my Big Koala with my Des Kangaroo in my hand." said Fluttershy. Her two monsters then appeared as their spirits were being fused together into a vortex that appeared behind Fluttershy. "I Fusion Summon, the thunder from down under, Master of Oz(4200/3700)!" shouted Fluttershy as she was showing off a brand new monster to her deck and a new summoning method.

"Woah, woah. Wait! You also know how to do Fusion Summoning." shouted Bryant as he was caught off guard.

"I dabble a bit." snickered Fluttershy. Won't Isaac be surprised by what I learned behind his back.

"That's why you need to bond with your cards, that way you can your open world to so many other possibilities." said Fluttershy. "But back to our duel, I'll summon Baby Raccoon Ponpoko(800/0) in attack mode." A small raccoon with a tiny drum strapped to its chest jumped in front of Fluttershy, scratching its ear. "I'll then activate Ponpoko's special ability, when he's summoned I can then special summon 1 level 2 or lower beast-type monster from my deck in facedown defense position." Fluttershy then touched her screen as she looked for the monster she wanted; once he made her decision, she then tapped her screen and pulled her card from her duel disk and set it on her card tray.

"Now Master of Oz attack his Friendonkey!" shouted Fluttershy as her monster charged forward.

"I reveal my facedown, Last Minute Cancel. So now all the monsters I control are changed into defense mode." said Bryant as he had managed to protect his life points as Master of Oz brought its fist down and took out his monster. "Now the other effect of my Last Minute Cancel activates, so instead of my Friendonkey going to the graveyard, it returns to my hand." Bryant then picked up his card as he placed it back into his hand.

"Wonderful job, Bryant. Well, I end my turn."

Turn 4: Bryant

"My turn, so I'll summon my Performapal Skeeter Skimmer(500/1600) in attack mode." said Bryant as he had an insect appear as it floated on some water. "Now I activate my Performapal Sword Fish's special ability. Which allows me to lower a monster of yours by 600 attack points till the end of the turn." Sword Fish then fired off a couple of swords as they landed near Baby Ponpoko as it covered itself with its tiny paws as its attack dropped to 200. "Now Skeeter Skimmer attack her Baby Raccoon Ponpoko!" commanded Bryant.

"I reveal my facedown, Beast Soul Swap." Fluttershy then touched her screen and activated her facedown as it appeared and rose up in front of her. "Now I can target 1 beast-type monster that I control and return it to my hand. Then I can special summon a beast-type monster that's the same level as the one I returned to my hand; return to me, Baby Raccoon Ponpoko!" Ponpoko glowed and shot away in an orb of white light; Fluttershy then looked through her hand and once she made her decision, she held her card up high. "Taking the place of my raccoon will be my Mogmole(800/800) who I'll summon in defense mode." A small anthropomorphic mole with goggles and a giant hand drill popped out of the ground.

"In that case, I'll hold off on attacking." stated Bryant had his monster stop its attack. "So I'll end my turn with a facedown." Sheesh, Fluttershy ain't no joke. Despite her kind nature, she knows how to hold her own. That's something nobody would have thought of.

Turn 5: Fluttershy

"My draw, so now I'll flip up the monster I set last turn, Baby Raccoon Tantan(0/800)!” A raccoon with a larger vertical drum over its chest rose from the card backing, banging padded drumsticks on its instrument. “Now his ability activates, when Tantan is flipped up, I can special summon a level 2 beast-type monster from my deck. I call upon Catnipped Kitty(0/500) in defense mode.” A pastel purple cat hopped onto Fluttershy’s field, a jingling bell on its collar, and rolled onto its back. "Then I'll summon my Key Mouse(100/100)." Fluttershy then had a tiny little mouse that held a key in its mouth as it appeared on her shoulder and nuzzled against her as she let out a giggle.

"5 monsters on the field?" said Bryant as he was scared by what Fluttershy was thinking.

"Don't worry, most of them won't be sticking around for long. Cause now I tune my Level 1 Key Mouse with my Level 2 Baby Raccoon Tantan and Mogmole." Fluttershy's tiny mouse then transformed into a giant green ring as her other two beasts jumped into it as they were calling on a powerful monster. "Feel the winds blow and watch the storm clouds up above rumble with electricity as I Synchro Summon, Thunder Unicorn(2200/1800)!" Fluttershy's great beast then raced down from the heavens and landed with a thud as the sound of thunder went off which caused Bryant to jump back a bit.

"Good boy." said Fluttershy as she petted her monster who gave an affection nuzzle to its princess. "Now time to strike, Master of Oz attack that Skitter Skimmer." stated Fluttershy. Her monster then nodded as it leaped forward to strike down the small insect.

"I activate the effect of my Performapal Skitter Skimmer. Since you targeted it for an attack, Skitter Skimmer can switch itself into defense mode. And then it can negate the attack." said Bryant as he had managed to not only stop Fluttershy's attack but save his monster from being destroyed.

"Okay, well how about stopping my Thunder Unicorn. Take out that Sword Fish." stated Fluttershy.

"I activate my facedown, Draw Muscle. So now since I control a monster with 1000 or less defense points. I can draw a card, and if it's a monster than I get to add its defense points to my Performapal Sword Fish's defense. Furthermore, it can't be destroyed in battle." exclaimed Bryant. He then drew his card as he closed his eyes for a second. "Nice! I drew Odd-Eyes Dragon and since it has 2000 defense points, my Performapal Sword Fish gets a 2000 points boost to his defense bring it up to 2600." said Bryant as his monster got the extra power. "So now it's stronger than your attack and you take the difference as damage." Thunder Unicorn then collided with Sword Fish as it managed to hold off the great beast and repel it.
Fluttershy's Life Points: 3400-

"Good move." said Fluttershy as she couldn't help but give an applause for her student as he had managed to survive both of her monster's attacks.

"Thanks." stated Bryant.

"Now I end my turn."

Turn 6: Bryant

"My draw, so to start, I'll switch my Performapal Skitter Skimmer back into attack mode. Then I'll play Pot of Greed so that I can draw two more cards. Oh yeah! Now since I control 2 'Performapal' monsters, I can summon my Performapal Elephammer(2600/2000) without tributing." Bryant now had his own massive monster appear as an elephant gave a cheerful trumpet.

"He seems very happy." said Fluttershy as she felt herself communicating with Bryant's monsters. Now she was seeing my Isaac had made him her student. "Even so, my Master of Oz is still the strongest monster on the field."

"Now after I make my move. Cause now I play Double Summon so that I can summon my Performapal Whip Snake(1700/900)." Out came a snake as it was wearing a top hat and fancy bowtie. "Now my Whip Snake's ability allows him to switch the attack and defense points of one of your monsters till the end phase. I choose your Master of Oz. Then I'll activate the ability of my Performapal Sword Fish which as you know lowers a monster's attack points by 600." Sword Fish then launched a barrage of swords as they reduced Master of Oz's strength. "But wait, there's more. Now I play the spell card, Burden of the Mighty. So now all your monsters lose 100 attack points times its own level. So since Thunder Unicorn is Level 5 it loses 500 attack points, but the big thing is that since Master of Oz is Level 9 it loses 900 attack points which means it's grand total is now 2300." stated Bryant as he had managed to several weaken Fluttershy's monsters.

"Oh no!" said Fluttershy.

"So now Elephammer attack her Master of Oz." stated Bryant with a sly smile. Soon his elephant made contact with Master of Oz as it brought it hammer-like trunk down and made a cartoonish sound as it destroyed its target.
Fluttershy's Life Points: 3100-

"Next, I'll then have my Performapal Whip Snake take out your Thunder Unicorn." stated Bryant as he took out another one of Fluttershy's monster as he sacrificed one of his own. "Then Skitter Skimmer will take out your Catnipped Kitty. With that, I'll end my turn."

Turn 7: Fluttershy

"Excellent turn, you managed to take down some of my powerful monsters." giddy Fluttershy. "But that means... I can stop going easy on you." Fluttershy's expression then changed as one second she was innocent and the next she had a sinister smile on her face. "Now, I draw! First up is that I summon Nimble Momonga(1000/100) in defense mode. Then I'll end my turn."

Turn 8: Bryant

"My draw." What's she up to? All she's done is play a squirrel. "To start, I'll have my Elephammer attack your Nimble Momonga." Bryant gave his order as the elephant took out her squirrel.

"Now the effect of my Nimble Momonga activates, when it's destroyed in battle, I gain 1000 life points and can summon 2 more copies of my Nimble Momonga from my deck." said Fluttershy as her field was replaced with some more monsters.
Fluttershy's Life Points: 4100-

"Doesn't mean that I'm going to allow you to keep both of them. So Skeeter Skimmer take out another one of her Nimble Momonga!" shouted Bryant as his mosquito took out another one of Fluttershy's monsters. "And then Performapal Sword Fish will take the other out. Now I'll lay a facedown and end my turn."

"Don't forget their special ability, when they're destroyed in battle I gain 1000 life points and since I had a pair. That means I gain 2000 extra life points." stated Fluttershy.
Fluttershy's Life Points: 6100-

Turn 9: Fluttershy

"My draw, I play my Ayers Rock Sunrise. So now I can bring back a Beast-type monster from my graveyard. So come back, Master of Oz!" shouted Fluttershy as she had brought back her powerful monster. "Then all of your monsters lose 200 attack points for every Beast, Plant, and Winged Beast-type monster in my graveyard. Roll call, my furry little animals!" Fluttershy's duel disk then began to glow as the spirits of all of her monsters appeared. "I have a total of 11 monsters so that means all of your monsters lose 2200 attack points." stated Fluttershy as her little creatures all charged forward and zapped away the strength of Bryant's monsters as Elephammer was reduced to 400 attack points and both Performapal Sword Fish and Skitter Skimmer had all of their attack points drop to 0.

"This is a problem." said Bryant as he was in trouble.

"Indeed, now Master of Oz take out that Elephammer and end this duel!" shouted Fluttershy.

"I activate my facedown, Command Performance! Now I switch your Master of Oz into defense mode and it can't change position until the end of your next turn." said Bryant as he had managed to survive himself from losing one of his monsters and taking huge damage.

"Then I'll end my turn." said Fluttershy.

Turn 10: Bryant

"My turn, so I'll start by sacrificing my Performapal Skeeter Skimmer so that I can special summon my Performapal Sleight Hand Magician(2500/2000). Then I'll play Raigeki. So your Master of Oz is now gone." shouted Bryant as his card took out Fluttershy's powerful beast. "Now that your field is empty, time to strike. So I'll have my Performapal Elephammer and Sleight of Hand Magician as well as my Sword Fish attack you directly!!" shouted Bryant as his monsters delivered a huge blow to Fluttershy who covered up.
Fluttershy's Life Points: 500-

"Almost there. So I end my turn." stated Bryant.

Turn 11: Fluttershy

"My turn, so here we go!" said Fluttershy as she drew her card. "I play the spell Card of Sanctity. So now we each draw till we're holding 6 cards in our hands. And with that, I'll then play Silent Doom so that I can bring back my Thunder Unicorn in defense mode." Fluttershy then had her mighty horse rise up as it stomped the ground. "Next up I summon my Valerifawn, Mystical Beast of the Forest(400/900) in defense mode. Now I activate the effect of my Valerifawn, so I discard a card from my hand so that I can summon a Level 2 or lower Beast-type monster in facedown defense mode." Fluttershy then used her duel disk screen as she selected the one she wanted as she placed it onto her tray facedown. "Now the card I sent to the graveyard to activate my Valerifawn was Nimble Angler, and when it's sent from my hand to the graveyard I can activate its effect. So now I can summon up to 2 Level 3 'Nimble' monsters from my deck. So I summon a pair of Nimble Beavers(400/100)." Fluttershy now had a field full of monsters on her field as she looked to give her lesson.

"Don't tell me..." stated Bryant.

"Let's not forget, that I'm teacher and even though I'm shy. I still have to teach you a lesson. So watch as first I tune my Level 2 Valerifawn with my Level 5 Thunder Unicorn." Valerifawn then jumped into the air as it turned into two giant green rings as Thunder Unicorn jumped in between them. "Watch as the storm clouds give way to a stampede of rolling thunder. Now I Synchro Summon, Voltic Bicorn(2500/2000)!" This time out came a different breed of horse as it had two horns on its head made of electricity and wore a chest plate of armor and had its tail in a curved pattern as it let out a neigh. "But it doesn't stop there, next I overlay both of my Level 2 Nimble Beavers to build the Overlay Network." The two Nimble Beavers then lowered into the water as a portal opened up in the ground and a pillar of light emerged as Fluttershy clasped her hands together. "I unite the powers of my two beavers and call on a brave new animal guardian!” She then grabbed the card that ejected from the top of her duel disk and then played it on her duel field. “I Xyz Summon Number 64: Ronin Raccoon Sandayu(1000/1000, OLU: 2)!” The red light burst apart, revealing a humanoid raccoon in red samurai armor, its eyes glowing. Two orbs of red light orbited the air around it, trails in their wake. Twin capes of yellow burst from its shoulders to flutter in the air. It reached to its back and pulled out a large polearm, spinning it twice and then pointing it at Bryant.

"Both Synchro and Xyz summon? In one turn?" asked Bryant as he was surprised by what Fluttershy was able to do.

"Now I activate the effect of my Ronin Raccoon." One of the red orbs around the samurai shot across the field and circled Performapal Sleight Hand Magician. Red light leaked off of it into the orb. “By detaching one of Ronin Raccoon’s Xyz materials, I can Special Summon a ‘Kagemusha Raccoon Token’ with attack points equal to the strongest monster on the field. Since your Performapal Sleight Hand Magician has 2500, my Kagemusha Raccoon Token(2500/0) now has that same amount.” The orb of light floated back to Ronin Raccoon and grew into a ghostly red samurai raccoon, a katana strapped to its back.

"Now I play my spell Big March of Animals, so now all my monsters gain 200 extra attack points for every Beast-type monster currently on my field. So since there's a total of 4 monsters, that means all of my monsters now gain 800 more points till the end of the turn. So now my token is stronger than your Sleight Hand Magician." stated Fluttershy as she had her monster leaped over and was about to bring it katana down on its target. "Then I'll have Voltic Bicorn take out your Performapal Elephammer." said Fluttershy as she had her horse take out Bryant's dragon.
Bryant's Life Points: 500-

"Ugh." stated Bryant as he tried to stand his ground as he was flung onto the ground.

"Now time to finish this, Ronin Raccoon take out his Performapal Skeeter Skimmer and end this duel!" shouted Fluttershy as she had her furry little creature leap high into the air as it did some fancy flips as it looked to bring down its polearm.

"I activate my monster's special ability to switch it into defense mode and negate the attack." state Bryant.

"Very well, so I'll end my turn with a facedown." stated Fluttershy. Now, Bryant. Let's see if you can win this duel. Cause if not, my facedown will finish the job for me.

Turn 12: Bryant

"It's my turn." said Bryant as he placed his hand on top of his deck. This is it, Fluttershy has an array of monsters on her field and is all set to wipe my out on her next turn. Thankfully, her Card of Sanctity gave me some options, but can they help me? Am I really suppose to believe that Isaac has a bond with his deck which allows him to draw the cards he needs when he's in a tough situation? That just doesn't seem possible. Bryant was now started to doubt himself as he struggled to even draw his card as his hand was shaking.

He had closed his eyes and when he opened them, he saw a mirage image of Isaac standing there as he had his magicians standing behind them as they all had a fearless look on their faces. That image alone was enough to cause fear in Bryant's eyes as he soon remembered the beating that Isaac gave him in their duel. Soon he started to see the so called, 'bond' that Isaac had with his monsters as their spirits were being infused with him as well as the demon that lurked in Isaac. At that moment, Bryant opened his eyes in shock.

"I draw!" shouted the young boy as he picked up his card and slowly turned it over as he saw it. At that moment, everything was starting to become clearer to him as he saw what he needed to do. "Time for me to win."

"So tell me, how are you going to win. Cause if you attack my Ronin Raccoon, it can't be destroyed in battle." stated Fluttershy.

"I already thought about that, as well as your facedown. First I play Performapal Hurricane, so now I can return cards on your side of the field up to the number of 'Performapal' monsters that I currently control. So since I have 2, that means two of your cards are returned back to your hand. And I choose your facedown and your Voltic Bicorn. And Voltic Bicorn is Synchro monster, so it goes to the Extra Deck instead of your hand. Which means you have to summon it all over again." stated Bryant as a huge hurricane blew over the entire field as it was making its way toward Fluttershy.

Fluttershy felt the powerful wind as it was blowing her dress as she tried to stop it fluttering in the wind while also trying to avoid being blown away. Voltic Bicorn noticed this as he made his way over to his beloved princess and wrapped his entire body around her to shield the shy girl from the powerful wind. Soon the storm blew over as standing there was Fluttershy perfectly fine as her beast was nowhere to be seen as it was carried off by the hurricane.

"Now time to finish this and so I'll sacrifice my two monsters so that I can summon this Odd-Eyes Dragon(2500/2000)." A portal opened up and within arose the sauropod-eques dragon with red scales covering portions of its predominately purple body. Its head thrashed in a display of primal triumph, letting loose a most distinct call. Its distinctly dichromatic eyes lit up ominously.

"While your Ronin Raccoon can't be destroyed, in battle, I can still deal you damage. So Odd-Eyes Dragon attack Fluttershy directly and end this duel!" shouted Bryant as his monster then raced over and look to fire a beam at Fluttershy, instead it lowered its head down and gently nudged the shy girl. He then nuzzled himself into Fluttershy's embrace as she began to pet his nose and work her magic.
Fluttershy's Life Points: 0-

Winner: Bryant

Soon the duel was over as the monsters all disappeared as Fluttershy made her way to her student. She then gave him a pat on the back as she smiled.

"Congrats." smiled the shy girl.

"Thanks." Bryant then looked at his cards as he could feel something. It felt warm and was comforting; he still didn't fully grasp the idea of forging a bond with your deck, but he did have a starting ground on the concept.

Soon it was time to go as Fluttershy told her student that he needed to get home and that they would practice more in the coming days before Friday. Bryant nodded as he grabbed his backpack and waved goodbye to Fluttershy as he started to head home. Fluttershy just smiled as she too grabbed her backpack and picked up Angel as she started to make her own way to the animal center. Watching from a window was none other than Isaac who had seen the entire thing; he was happy to see that Fluttershy was able to step up and teach Bryant a valuable lesson. He then started to walk in the hallways as he overheard a conversation that was taking part in the gymnasium which caused him to listen in and soon it evolved into a duel to which he watched with a smile on his face.

PreviousChapters Next