• Published 11th Oct 2020
  • 4,508 Views, 856 Comments

Yugioh: Worlds Collide - ShootingStar25



If everything all relied on you drawing the perfect card, would you take it? Would you risk it all for one shot at being remembered? No matter how much skill/talent you have sometimes all you need is a little luck to turn the tide of a duel.

  • ...
9
 856
 4,508

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 39: Fluttershy v. Sour Sweet-Round 1

Fluttershy was looking at Sour Sweet as she did her best to put on a tough act. Sour Sweet just simply gave her a glare which caused her to jump back a few feet as she tried to hide behind her hair. She looked at her friends and saw they were giving her supporting smiles and Isaac was giving her one of his signature smiles with a thumbs up. Fluttershy then patted her check as she refocused her attention.

"My whole school is counting on me. Time to show everybody here what I can do."

"Oh please? You really think they're cheering for you. They're just trying to comfort you when they see me wipe the floor with you!" Sour Sweet had a smile on her face that was genuine.

"Tough talk coming from someone who lost to Isaac yesterday. He's shown that you guys aren't as tough as you make it out to be." replied Fluttershy.

Sour Sweet was now laughing at how funny the situation was. This caused Fluttershy to be concerned with how much enjoyment Sour Sweet was getting from her comment.

"Oh that is too funny. You really think that your 'boyfriend' won all on his own. I let him win!"

"What!?" Fluttershy was confused at what she was hearing.

"You heard me, I let him win! In fact, it was all part of our plan to figure out what kind of duelist he was. You see, before the games even started, we've actually collected enough information on all of you that we've come up with the proper counters to each of your decks. We've even practiced against them to get a first hand experience on how to shift the duel into our favor. The only one we didn't have any data on was that 'boyfriend' of yours, so Principal Sombra devised a plan to get one of us to challenge him before the games. Safe to say that our plan was a success because now we've seen what he can do and now we know he's the owner of the Dark Magician. It may have resulted in me losing, but sometimes that's what you have to do in order to make sure you gain the upper hand." Sour Sweet had a sinister smile appear.

"That's not fair."

"Aw, sweetie, life's not fair. Now prepare as I send you and your furry little animals packing. And then once I'm done with you, maybe I'll set my sights on a different prey." Sour Sweet now shifted her eyes as she looked her target. "It's only natural for a predator to find her next meal and I think I found my next tasty treat. I wonder what he'll taste like." Sour Sweet had her eyes locked on Isaac who still had a serious look on his face.

While they couldn't see her expression, Fluttershy knew what Sour Sweet was saying and the thought alone was enough to get her angry. "Get your greedy hands off of Isaac, he's mine!"

"Oh really, what makes you think he's yours? Well that won't matter because after this duel he'll be my 'man'. And I promise to enjoy him as I devour him." Sour Sweet let her tongue lick her lips a bit before shooting a glare at Fluttershy.

"Opponent detected. Streaming data. Duel mode set. Initiating. Commencing duel" said the mechanical voice of their duel disks.

"Let's do this!" shouted both of them.

Fluttershy's Life Points: 8000-
Sour Sweet's Life Points: 8000-

Turn 1: Fluttershy

Fluttershy picked up her starting hand and then drew her card. She gulped and let out a breath to calm herself. "Okay..." She looked at her hand and she fumbled a bit before she finally got a good grip on them. "To start I'll summon Baby Raccoon Ponpoko(800/0) in attack mode." A small raccoon with a tiny drum strapped to its chest jumped in front of Fluttershy, scratching its ear. "I'll then activate Ponpoko's special ability, when he's summoned I can then special summon 1 level 2 or lower beast-type monster from my deck in facedown defense position." Fluttershy then touched her screen as she looked for the monster she wanted; once she made her decision, she then tapped her screen and pulled her card from her duel disk and set it on her card tray. "I'll then end my turn and set 1 card facedown."

Turn 2: Sour Sweet

Sour Sweet grinned. “Aw, it’s so cute! It’s such a shame it has to die!” She then drew her card and looked at her hand. She devised her plan and shot a glance at Fluttershy. "Time to play a card that you've all seen. I'll activate the spell card Amazoness Call, now I can add 1 'Amazoness' monster from my deck and add it to my hand. So I'll choose my Amazoness Princess(1200/900) but she won't be there for long because I'll then summon her." A small, dark-skinned warrior woman in red and purple armor landed from a portal in the air in front of Sour Sweet. She stood up, smirked, and lifted a spear from her back, twirling it to point it toward Fluttershy.

"Now since I summoned my Amazoness Princess, I can now add 1 'Amazoness' spell/trap from my deck to my hand." Once again, Sour Sweet searched through her deck and got the card she needed. "I'll choose my field spell Amazoness Village, and you know what it does. It raises the attack of all my Amazoness monsters by 200 extra attack points. Now my princess has a total of 1400." A large jungle of trees sprang up from the ground around Sour Sweet. Branches and grasses on the ground around her came together and joined together to form a circle of huts and tents.

Sour Sweet pointed. “Amazoness Princess, time to hunt your dinner! Attack Baby Raccoon Ponpoko!” Amazoness Princess hefted her spear and charged across the field. "Hope you didn't forget about my Princess' other ability, which I'll activate now. Whenever my princess declares an attack, I can then send one card to my grave and special summon 1 'Amazoness' monster from my deck in defense position. So make way for the mighty leader of the Amazoness, appear Amazoness Queen(2400/1800). One of the huts behind Sour Sweet cracked apart and fell open, revealing a large wooden throne decorated with animal skulls. Sitting on it was a blue-haired warrior clad in armor of animal hides. A large curved sword with a spiked guard rested between her legs, her hands on the end of the hilt.

"My Queen also gets the power boost of my field spell, so her true strength is 2600."

"I'm ready for you. I'll activate my trap card, it's called Beast Soul Swap." Fluttershy then touched her screen and activated her facedown as it appeared and rose up in front of her. "Now I can target 1 beast-type monster that I control and return it to my hand. Then I can special summon a beast-type monster that's the same level as the one I returned to my hand; return to me, Baby Raccoon Ponpoko!" Ponpoko glowed and shot away in an orb of white light, the spear piercing the air where it had been.

Fluttershy then looked through her hand and once she made her decision, she held her card up high. "Taking the place of my raccoon will be my Mogmole(800/800) who I'll summon in defense mode." A small anthropomorphic mole with goggles and a giant hand drill popped out of the ground, blinking up at the Amazon standing over it. Amazoness Princess looked down in return.

Sour Sweet was not impressed with what Fluttershy had done as she just simply held her hands up. “Whatever, it’s still dead. I continue my attack.” The Princess grinned and twirled her spear to stab it down at Mogmole. Mogmole screeched and exploded. “Oh well,” Sour Sweet smirked. The ground next to the tunnel Mogmole had drilled shook, and another drill head emerged preceding a familiar pair of goggles.

"Don't think so!" smiled Fluttershy.

"What's happening?" asked Sour Sweet as she had a confused look on her face.

"See my Mogmole has a special ability, once per turn when Mogmole is destroyed in battle I can revive it back in face-up defense position."

“Go ahead, it’ll die again next turn.” Sour Sweet tossed her hair. “I end my turn.”

Turn 3: Fluttershy

Fluttershy drew her card and began to formulate her plan. She then shot a quick glance at Isaac as she was hoping that he was going to see what she was about to do. "You wanted a fight, well I'm giving you a fight! To start I'll summon my Baby Raccoon Ponpoko once more and then I'll activate its special ability to set another beast-type monster from my deck in face-down defense position. The raccoon appeared in front of Fluttershy beside a face-down card. “I then flip up the monster I set last turn, Baby Raccoon Tantan(0/800)!” A raccoon with a larger vertical drum over its chest rose from the card backing, banging padded drumsticks on its instrument. “Now his ability activates, when Tantan is flipped up, I can special summon a level 2 beast-type monster from my deck. I call upon Catnipped Kitty(0/500) in defense mode.” A pastel purple cat hopped onto Fluttershy’s field, a jingling bell on its collar, and rolled onto its back.

Sour Sweet made a face and stuck out her tongue. “If your cards get any more sickeningly cute, I’m gonna hurl.”

Fluttershy had a smile on her face when Sour Sweet made her comment. “Don’t underestimate animals just because they’re adorable.” Fluttershy held her hand out towards her new monster. “Catnipped Kitty has a very powerful special ability. Once per turn I can select a monster on your side of the field and make its defense points become zero for the rest of the turn.” She pointed her finger. “I target Amazoness Queen!”

Catnipped Kitty rolled onto its paws and bounded across the field and up to the collapsed hut Amazoness Queen’s throne was in. It purred loudly and rubbed up against her ankles, nuzzling affectionately. The Queen looked down at it and her scowl faded into a soft smile.

"Oh come on!” Sour Sweet protested.

“I’m not done yet.” Fluttershy looked towards the stands.

“Go for it!” Rainbow called. Applejack nodded.

"Show them what you can do." said Isaac as he knew what Fluttershy was about to do.

Fluttershy smiled and reached to her card tray. “I overlay my Baby Raccoon Tantan and Mogmole. Using my two Level 2 Beast monsters, I construct the overlay network!” The two beasts turned into transparent red outlines and slid together, undulating.

The crowd of CHS burst into gasps and cheers. Sour Sweet growled and stepped back. "This can't be! How could you pull off such a complex move in just your few short turns!?"

"Watch closely! I unite the powers of the raccoon and the mole, to summon a brave new animal guardian!” She then grabbed the card that ejected from the top of her duel disk and then played it on her duel field. “I Xyz Summon Number 64: Ronin Raccoon Sandayu(1000/1000, OLU: 2)!” The red light burst apart, revealing a humanoid raccoon in red samurai armor, its eyes glowing. Two orbs of red light orbited the air around it, trails in their wake. Twin capes of yellow burst from its shoulders to flutter in the air. It reached to its back and pulled out a large polearm, spinning it twice and then pointing it at Sour Sweet.

The crowd was in shock as they were surprised that Fluttershy had managed to do an advanced summoning method on her second turn. Her friends were cheering her on as she managed to pull off one of her most powerful monsters in such short time. Even though Fluttershy couldn't see him, Isaac just gave her a thumbs up to show his support. Meanwhile the students of Crystal Prep were losing their shit as almost all of them were surprised to see a student of CHS pull off one of the trickiest summoning method of Duel Monsters. The rest of the Shadowbolts knew about Fluttershy having an Xyz monster, but even they were shocked to see Fluttershy bring it out as fast as she did.

Sour Sweet put a hand on her hip and snorted. “An armored rodent with a thousand points. That’s your big play?”

“No. This is: Ronin Raccoon’s special ability.” One of the red orbs around the samurai shot across the field and circled Amazoness Queen. Red light leaked off of her into the orb. “By detaching one of Ronin Raccoon’s Xyz materials, I can Special Summon a ‘Kagemusha Raccoon Token’ with attack points equal to the strongest monster on the field. Since your Amazoness Queen has 2600, my Kagemusha Raccoon Token(2600/0) now has that same amount.” The orb of light floated back to Ronin Raccoon and grew into a ghostly red samurai raccoon, a katana strapped to its back.

Rarity applauded. “Marvelous!”

Rainbow Dash grinned. “I told her she could do this, she just needed the confidence.”

“You said it, Dashie!” Pinkie high-fived the other girls with a squeal.

"Now time to attack, Ronin Raccoon Sandayu take out her queen! This is what happens when you mess with my friends; also keep your grubbing hands off of Isaac, he's mine!" The samurai charged across the field, the blade of its polearm held out. Amazoness Queen raised her head from the cat at her ankles to see the enemy approaching. She narrowed her eyes and raised a hand to her face.

Sour Sweet just had a calm and collected look on her face. Ronin Raccoon jumped in front of Amazoness Queen and stabbed its spear forward. The Queen jerked her hand and the blade clanged off her gauntlet to embed itself in the wood of the throne next to her head. The samurai blinked, confused. The Queen glared and took hold of the shaft of the spear, then jerked it back to pull it from the wood, the momentum sending Ronin Raccoon stumbling off the hut and falling to the ground, its spear falling beside it.

"Did you really forget about the ability of my Amazoness Queen? Thanks to her she's not only indestructible, but so are all my other monsters! If you really want to take down my proud ruler of her tribe, you're going to have to do a lot more than just some silly rodent."

"Oh... right." Fluttershy realized what she was saying as she tried to hide behind her hair for forgetting such an important detail. She had been so caught up in the moment that she completely ignored that small fact when she was watching Isaac's duel. "Well then your monsters may not be destroyed, but I can still deal you damage. So I'll have Kagemusha Raccoon Token attack your Amazoness Princess!" The spectral samurai leapt up and slashed with its katana as it fell. Amazoness Princess screamed as the katana sliced across her torso in a wave of red light, leaving no wound.
Sour Sweet's Life Points: 6800-

"With that I'll set one card facedown and end my turn. Now the effect of my Catnipped Kitty wears off and your Amazoness Queen gains back all of its defense points." Catnipped Kitty shook itself and ran across the field to rejoin Fluttershy, Amazoness Queen watching it go.

The students of CHS cheered. Applejack smirked. “Look at that, got in the first hit and it was a good one.”

“Keep it up!” Rainbow called.

Sunset was talking with Isaac so that their friends couldn't hear. "What do you think?"

"Fluttershy really made a good move, but I can't help but feel like something is wrong."

"Yeah, I mean based on your duel yesterday with her. You had a fair bit amount trying to get past her Amazoness due to them not being able to be destroyed. As long as that queen of hers is out there, Fluttershy is going to have a difficult time just getting through. I fear she may not last long." Isaac placed his hand on Sunset's shoulder to reassure her that everything would be alright.

Turn 4: Sour Sweet

Sour Sweet sighed and tossed her hair. “Ya know, I was trying to go easy on you, since you looked ready to faint if I tried attacking.” Her duel disk beeped and ejected its card. “Buuut, if you can handle the rough play, let’s go for it.” She drew her card, looked at it, and grinned as she turned it over to show it to Fluttershy.

"Oh, no." Fluttershy was now pale and had her eyes widen.

"You should be scared!" Sour Sweet swung the card into her duel disk. “I activate ‘Polymerization’!” The stands of Crystal Prep roared as a swirling purple vortex appeared in the air. “I fuse my Amazoness Queen with the Amazoness Swords Woman in my hand!”

"I don't like what's coming!" shouted Sunset all of Team CHS looked on with concern in their eyes.

The Queen stood up from her throne and looked up at the portal, then leapt into it. Sour Sweet held her hands out. “Ruler of hunters and swordbearer of hunters, combine your wisdom and wit, and reign supreme over this battlefield!” She brought her hands together. “From the deepest depths of the darkest jungles, I Fusion Summon Amazoness Empress(2800/2400)!” A bolt of light shot out of the vortex and into the former throne of Amazoness Queen, shattering it and the hut it had been placed in in a shower of splinters and bone. The smoke cleared to reveal a massive warrior woman with white hair and red war paint on her muscles. Animal skulls adorned her shoulders, her waist, and her head, forming a horned crown. She snapped her hand out to the side, a red cape blowing out behind her, and in a flash of red light a massive curved, spiked sword appeared in her grasp.

"W-wow," Fluttershy whimpered.

"Impressive, isn’t she?" Sour Sweet chuckled. “Don’t worry, soon you’ll get to see her in action, up close and personal. But first, from my graveyard I activate the second effect of Amazoness Call.” Amazoness Empress lit up in a purple aura, the monster inhaling deeply.

"What your card has another effect?"

"I told you that I was holding back when I faced your man. My trap has a second effect which I'll activate right now; by banishing Amazoness Call from the graveyard, I can allow my Amazoness Empress to attack all monsters you control!" Sour Sweet laughed. "What do you think happens next?"

Fluttershy swallowed heavily. "I think you’re going to hurt me a bit."

"Nope; I’m gonna hurt you a lot!" Sour Sweet gnashed her teeth and held her hand out. “Amazoness Empress, rip her beasts apart!”

The Empress coiled her legs and sprinted forward, her sword held out to the side. “We’ll start with that disgusting rat that damaged my Life Points!” The Empress reached the Kagemusha Samurai and cleaved it in two in a shower of red sparks. “Next, the pesky vermin that evaded me last turn!” Amazoness Empress turned its head to glare at Baby Raccoon Ponpoko and sliced through the monster. It squeaked as it exploded into light.
Fluttershy's Life Points: 5400-

"That’s enough of that,” Fluttershy said, her face stern. "Like you, my Catnipped Kitty also has another effect. Now since I have another beast-type monster on my field, it prevents you from targeting it. Then the effect of Ronin Raccoon is that while I control another beast-type, he can't be destroyed in battle."

"Like that's going to stop me! Like you said, I can still deal damage to you!" Sour Sweet laughed. Ronin Raccoon braced itself and held up its polearm between its palms. Amazoness Empress struck the polearm and sent the raccoon sliding back across the ground.
Fluttershy's Life Points: 3400-

"Now time to see what you've been hiding." Amazoness Empress held its sword up and pointed the tip at Fluttershy’s face-down card. "Oh, my bad. Did I forget to mention about my Amazoness Empress' ability? Well anytime a 'Amazoness' monster attacks a defense position monster, it inflicts piercing damage. Sucks to be you!" The Empress stabbed her sword down.

"I'm not going out without a fight!" Fluttershy shot back. Her facedown card flipped over, revealing a small feathered mask and a pair of hands clutching a tiny axe. "The monster that you attack was none other than my Hane-Hane(450/500), and when you flipped it up with your attack, you activated its ability. Now I can return a monster on the field back to the hand, or in this case, your Amazoness Empress is going back your extra deck!"

"What!?" Screamed Sour Sweet as she had her jaw drop.

"Nice, what a move by Fluttershy. Now she doesn't have to worry about it." Rainbow pumped her fists at how she saw her friend pull out a good move.

Hane-Hane swung its axe and sent a massive gust of wind up at Amazoness Empress. The Empress was whirled up into the air and sent crashing into the trees of Amazoness Village. Her sword flew from her grasp and cleaved apart Hane-Hane.
Fluttershy's Life Points: 900-

Sour Sweet growled. "She won’t go without giving you a parting gift. When Amazoness Empress leaves the field, I can revive my Amazoness Queen!" The trees shifted as Amazoness Queen strode out of them and returned to the ruins of her throne, the wood magically reassembling itself around her as she sat on the remains. "Unfortunately my other monsters can’t attack the turn I use Amazoness Call’s effect, so I’ll switch my Amazoness Princess to defense mode and end my turn."

Turn 5: Fluttershy

"Ohh, that was a lot of damage. Fluttershy just barely managed to hang on." Sunset was concern with her friend and how much damage she was taking. Isaac just had his arms crossed in front of him as he looked on.

"It's my turn and I draw." Fluttershy looked through her hand when she heard Sour Sweet speak.

"Just give up. You're just delaying the inevitable, you know?" Sour Sweet said. "You got in one lucky hit, but now you know what my deck is really capable of, and you’re down to 900 Life Points. At this rate you'll be lucky to survive my next turn. You barely even survived that one. If you just forfeit, I'll let you walk and I promise not to harm your man too much."

"Never!" Fluttershy steeled herself and shook her head. "I’m not out of Life Points yet. I still have cards to play, and I’ve seen friends that have won with less against better than you. I won’t give up! As long as I put my trust in my deck, then it will trust me." Fluttershy quickly looked at Isaac. "And I told you before, stay away from Isaac!" She placed a card on her duel disk. "I summon Nimble Beaver(400/100)."

A small beaver with a twig in its mouth jumped up from a pool of water that spontaneously appeared at Fluttershy’s feet. "Now my beaver's ability activates, when he's summoned I can also bring out a level 3 or lower 'Nimble' monster from my deck or graveyard. So I'll bring out another Nimble Beaver. With that I'll then overlay my two beavers."

"Since when do you have another Xyz monster?" shouted Sour Sweet as she took a few steps backs.

"Let's say that a special friend helped me out." Isaac popped a quick smile on his face.

The two Nimble Beavers turned blue and slid together, then lowered into the water. Fluttershy clasped her hands. "I unite the powers of my two beavers and call on the spirit of the feline that dwells in the depths. I Xyz summon, come on out Cat Shark(500/500, OLU: 2) in defense mode!" A black and white aquatic monster jumped out from the pool and landed in front of Fluttershy in a spray of water, two orbs of blue light circling it. It stood on a pair of hind paws and waved a pair of front flippers in the air. A fish tail slapped the ground behind it and a cat’s face with whiskers and fur topped its body.

"Now I'll activate Ronin Raccoon’s special ability, and detach its final Xyz Material to summon another Kagemusha Samurai Token, copying the attack power of Amazoness Queen." The remaining orb of red light orbiting Ronin Raccoon flew around Amazoness Queen and then back to Fluttershy to form a spiritual samurai visage (2600/0). "I then activate the effect of Catnipped Kitty, to sap the defensive power of Amazoness Princess to zero." The cat ran up to the amazon and began to rub against her legs. She looked down at it and awkwardly moved the shaft of her spear to rub the cat’s neck.

"Finally, I'll activate Cat Shark’s effect. By detaching an Xyz Material from it, I can select an Xyz monster I control and double its stats for one turn. I choose Ronin Raccoon which raises him to 2000." One of the blue lights surrounding Cat Shark floated into Ronin Raccoon. It puffed its chest and stood up straighter.

Sour Sweet huffed. “So what? It doesn’t matter how strong your monsters are, you can’t destroy my Amazons in battle while Amazoness Queen is in play. You’re just doing the same moves you pulled last turn."

“Not quite. I learn from my mistakes, which is why I set this card on my last turn.” Fluttershy held her hand up as the hologram of her card flipped over and rose. “I reveal my continuous trap card, Roaring Earth! While this card is in play, when a Beast-type attacks a defending monster, it can pierce its defenses and still deal damage to you.”

“You little bit…” Sour Sweet snarled. "That’s the same effect my Amazoness Empress had! You’re just copying me!”

“Well, actually, I had set my card on my last turn, before you summoned your Empress.” Fluttershy gave a small smile. “So, really, it's more like you copied me.”

Sour Sweet’s response was to growl louder.

“Ronin Raccoon Sandayu, attack Amazoness Princess!” The samurai charged and stabbed its polearm through the Princess’ shoulder. It pulled it back and the Princess stumbled to a knee.
Sour Sweet's Life Points: 4800-

“Since the effect of Roaring Earth lets me inflict damage to you, its second effect activates. I can select a monster on your side of the field and decrease its stats by five hundred points. I choose Amazoness Queen.” Fluttershy’s card sent out a rippling wave of energy at Amazoness Queen. “And then, my Kagemusha Samurai attacks!” The ghostly samurai stabbed the Princess’ other arm, driving her to her hands and knees. Roaring Earth shot a wave of energy at Amazoness Queen again.
Sour Sweet's Life Points: 2200-

"Looks like the mighty queen has fallen off her throne" taunted Rainbow.

"I'll set two cards and end my turn. At this time the stats of Ronin Raccoon return to normal.” Fluttershy put a hand to her chest and took a breath. She turned to see her friends clapping her for not giving up; Fluttershy was full of happiness as she was glad she was able to persevere.

“Is it another trap card that’s gonna piss me off?” Sour Sweet asked. “Ya know what, don’t answer that, I don’t care either way. You should have lost this duel last turn!”

“Maybe. But I didn’t.” Fluttershy smiled proudly. “I’m not winning, sure, but I haven’t lost yet, either.”

“You idiot!” Sour Sweet snapped. “You really think those cutesy little animals can handle my Amazon deck another turn?”

“They’ve done a good job so far.” Fluttershy shook her head. “I believe in them, the same way my friends and my school believe in me. With them behind me, I won’t give up, even if I have no cards left to play.” The Canterlot High students applauded at her words.

“Gimme a break,” Sour Sweet muttered. “You know why my school cheers for me? Because I’m the best. They know it, I know it. And by the time I’m done with my next turn, you’ll know it too!”

Turn 6: Sour Sweet

Sour Sweet drew with a growl and a glare. “My move!” She looked at her drawn card, slipped it into her hand, and pulled out another. “I summon Amazoness Sage(1400/700).” A woman with a pale beige cloak and blue hair materialized in front of Sour Sweet, a wooden staff adorned with animal teeth in her hand. "I'll then switch my Amazoness Queen to attack mode and then have her attack Ronin Raccoon Sandayu!" The Queen hefted her sword and hurled it across the field.

"I reveal my trap card Draining Shield!” Ronin Raccoon held up its arm and a glowing disk appeared over it, projecting a barrier of green energy around it. “Your attack is negated and I recover Life Points equal to your monster’s attack points!” The sword hit the green barrier and shattered into sparkles that kept going and washed over Fluttershy.
Fluttershy's Life Points: 2500-

"You're gonna need single life point you can get!" Sour Sweet snapped. “Amazoness Sage, attack the samurai!” The sage raised her staff and shot a beam of yellow light. Ronin Raccoon endured the hit, its heels digging into the ground. "Since Amazoness Sage attacked, her effect activates, letting me destroy a spell or trap on your side of the field. I choose Roaring Earth!” The sage chanted and sent a rippling wave of magic from her staff. Roaring Earth shuddered and shattered. "Next, Amazoness Princess attacks Ronin Raccoon. This also activates her effect, summoning an Amazoness monster from the deck in defense mode. I call out Amazoness Fighter(1500/1300).” A particularly muscled woman in furred green armor rose from the ground, pounding a fist into her palm. Amazoness Princess hefted her spear and threw it, the blade piercing Ronin Raccoon’s armor.
Fluttershy's Life Points: 1500-

"I'll then set two more cards facedown and end my turn." A face-down card materialized in front of Amazoness Queen’s throne. Sour Sweet crossed her arms. “Make your move.” Not that it will matter, I've already one this match.

Turn 7: Fluttershy

"Thanks for the assist, because I'll activate one of my facedowns Survival Instincts. Now since I took damage I can call upon two monsters from my deck who's attack is less than or equal to the total amount of damage I took." Fluttershy then searched for the cards she wanted. "I'll call upon Valerifawn, Mystical Beast of the Forest(400/900) and Gallis the Star Beast(800/800)." Now two more monsters appeared in front of Fluttershy. "But they won't be around for long because I'm going to use them to call upon an even greater beast. I tune my Valerifawn with my Gallis the Star Beast; I Synchro Summon Thunder Unicorn!" Fluttershy's mighty beast roared from the sky as it raced down and landed with the sound of thunder. Thunder Unicorn let out powerful cry as it stomped its hooves to show Sour Sweet it wasn't afraid of her; he then made his way over to Fluttershy who showed his affection for her rubbing his face against as she petted him. Fluttershy smiled as she smiled at her monster for showing that he was willing to stand by her.

"I’ll then activate Cat Shark’s special ability. I detach its Xyz material to grant Cat Shark double the stats this turn.” The feline fish puffed up as a blue aura lit over it. “Then I use the spell card Pot of Avarice. I return my two Nimble Beavers, Mogmole, Hane-Hane, and Baby Raccoon Ponpoko to my deck, and draw two cards.” Fluttershy looked at her new cards and held out another. “I activate the spell card Cross Breed. I banish Ronin Raccoon Sandayu from my field and Dark Desertapir from my hand. Since these two monsters have the same Type and Attribute, a monster with those same stats can be added to my hand. I choose Chow Chow Chan.”

As Ronin Raccoon dissolved, a ghostly black tapir appeared behind Fluttershy. “Banishing Dark Desertapir triggers its effect, reviving a Beast monster in the Graveyard. I revive my Baby Raccoon Tantan in defense mode. Then, I'll overlay Baby Raccoon Tantan and Catnipped Kitty! Using my two Level 2 Beast monsters, I construct the overlay network once again!”

"What are you doing now!?" screamed Sour Sweet.

"You thought I only had one copy of my raccoon? Well the you're sorely mistaken. Watch as I overlay me monsters; I unite the powers of the raccoon and the cat, to summon a brave new animal guardian! I Xyz summon another Number 64: Ronin Raccoon Sandayu in defense mode!" Another samurai jumped out of the portal, twirling its spear and stabbing it into the ground when it landed. "Then I'll activate Ronin Raccoon’s ability, and detach one of its Xyz Materials to summon a Kagemusha Samurai Token with attack power equal to the strongest monster on the field. Right now that’s my current Token, so I get a second copy.” The ghostly red image of the Kagemusha Samurai lit up and split into two. "Now time to attack!"

Sour Sweet sneered. “Yeah, not yet, you don’t. I reveal my face-down card ‘Amazoness Shamanism!” Glowing magical glyphs appeared under each of Sour Sweet’s monsters. “First, every monster I control is destroyed. Then, for each of them, I can revive an Amazoness monster from my Graveyard in defense position.” Sour Sweet’s four monsters lit up and exploded in showers of green magical sparks. “I destroy my four monsters, and revive in their places Amazoness Sage, Amazoness Fighter, Amazoness Princess, and Amazoness Baby Tiger.

"As you summoning Amazoness Princess activates her effect, letting me add Amazoness Call from my deck to my hand.” Light shone from the Graveyard on Sour Sweet’s duel disk. “Also, now that an Amazoness monster has been destroyed, the effect of Amazoness Village activates, letting me summon an Amazoness from my deck with a Level equal or lower than that destroyed monster. I’ll target Amazoness Queen as the monster that was destroyed, and summon a second Amazoness Queen!"

Amazoness Queen materialized in her throne, her sword between her legs. In a row in front of her, Amazoness Sage, Princess, and Fighter, kneeled with their arms crossed over their chests. At the end of the row lay a small tiger with a ring on its tail. Sour Sweet grinned. “Go ahead, attack all you like. I just hope you remember my Amazoness Queen’s effect.”

"I do.” Fluttershy frowned and looked at her hand. “I can’t deal any damage to you now, but I won’t let you damage me, either.” She took a card from her hand and held it up. "I'll play the spell card Nightmare's Steelcage with this you can't attack me for two turns." A giant cage then appeared around Sour Sweet and her monsters. "With that I'll then end my turn."

Turn 8: Sour Sweet

Sour Sweet drew her card and then looked at Fluttershy. When they first start, she felt like this would have been a squash match but she proved her wrong. She had managed to survive a huge onslaught from earlier and then found a way to hit back even harder. Sour Sweet had to commemorate her for trying. "Ya know, I hate to admit it, but you’ve been one of the most annoyingly persistent opponents I’ve had in a long time.” She smirked and shook her head. “I never would have expected a duel this interesting from a Canterlot student, of all people. You’ve really put on an impressive duel today.” Sour Sweet had a smile on her face.

Fluttershy saw this and returned the smile back. "Do you really mean that?"

"Hell no!" Sour Sweet’s smirk turned into a vicious grin. “I’m just screwin’ with ya.” She drew her hand back and slotted a card into her duel disk. “I activate the spell card Fusion Recovery and return Polymerization and Amazoness Swords Woman in my Graveyard to my hand, and then activate Polymerization!” A sparking purple vortex appeared behind Sour Sweet. “I treat my Amazoness Baby Tiger as ‘Amazoness Tiger’ and fuse it with my Amazoness Fighter!” The two monsters flickered and were drawn up into the vortex. Sour Sweet held her hand up. “Prince of the jungle and brawler of hunters, combine your ferocity and strength and awaken the predator that even hunters fear!” Her card ejected from her duel disk and she snatched it up to slap it on her duel disk. “I Fusion Summon Amazoness Pet Liger(2500/2400)!”

A pillar of dark red light burst out of the trees behind the Amazoness Village. The earth shook and the trees parted, revealing a massive liger, pale beige with black stripes. Armor plating with spikes covered its shoulders, gleaming blue against the dark orange of its mane. It prowled up next to Sour Sweet, glaring at Fluttershy with one red eye, the other closed by a jagged scar, and roared at her.

"He's such a cutie, isn't he?" Sour Sweet smiled and patted the monster on one of its armored portions. “He isn’t as cuddly as your little runts, but I think he makes up for it with brutality. You should also know he’s quite protective of his Amazon trainers. You see, as long as Amazoness Pet Liger is in play, you’re forbidden from attacking any Amazoness monsters except for my liger. Next I'll play the spell Amazoness Call and from my deck I'll add 'Amazoness Archers' to my hand." Sour Sweet then picked up her card. "I'll then set 3 cards facedown and end my turn."

Turn 9: Fluttershy

Fluttershy drew her card and then her mind began to turn. I have to play this just right, everything rides on what I do in this turn. I know for a fact that one of them is Amazoness Archers which will force lower my monster's attack points and force them to attack. Due to Liger's effect, he's the only one I can attack having a strength of 2700. "First I'll activate the spell card The Big March of Animals!” The field shook as auras of green light lit up over her cards. “With this card, for every Beast-type monster I control, all my Beasts gain 200 attack points! Since I have 5, they all gain 1000 points.”

"This is it, Fluttershy is going to win this!" shouted Applejack as she and everybody else leaned forward a bit.

The Kagemusha Samurai Tokens grew larger and their katanas longer (2600 → 3600), Ronin Raccoon’s polearm got a larger blade (1000 → 2000), Cat Shark’s fins grew longer and sprouted claws (500 → 1500), and Thunder Unicorn's horn grew larger as it stomped the ground (2200 → 3200).

“So you powered them up, big deal.” Sour Sweet shrugged.

“It is, because now, my Kagemusha Samurai Tokens and Thunder Unicorn have enough power to take the lead in this duel!” Fluttershy pointed. “Kagemusha Samurai Token, attack and destroy Amazoness Pet Liger!” The ghostly red warrior drew its katana and charged.

Sour Sweet sneered. “You idiot! I activate the trap card Defense Draw. Now your attack is negated and I draw a card."

"I figured you'd have something like that, so I'll activate the effect of Chow Chow Chan. Now by discarding him, I can negate your trap! So my attack presses on."

"I tricked you, now you have nothing to protect you. I activate my other facedown trap Amazoness Archers!” The card flipped up and lit up red. “This saps the attack power of all your monsters by 500 points, and forces them to attack! You failed and now you'll lose everything!”

"Not yet! I'll activate the effect of another card in my hand: Albert the Flying Squirrel. Now if I send him to the grave, I can negate another spell/trap on your field. So now it looks you're the one who's out of options!" A flying squirrel then appeared and then shoot straight towards Sour's card as it took it out.

Sour Sweet gaped. “No!” Amazoness Archers exploded and Albert faded away.

“And now my attack continues safely.” Fluttershy smiled. The Samurai Token reached Amazoness Liger and raised its katana over its head.

"This is it!" shouted Rainbow.

Sour Sweet’s expression of shock suddenly turned into a sneer. “One tiny little flaw in your deduction, by the way. I have still have my final facedown. She reached to her duel disk and tapped the screen, the card flipping over and rising into the air. “I activate Trap of Darkness. The front of the card shimmered and clouded over in dark purple mist. “Now by paying 1000 life points, this card lets me copy the effects of a trap card in my Graveyard.” Sour Sweet laughed. “Guess which one?”
Sour Sweet's Life Points: 1200-

Fluttershy’s eyes widened. “Oh no.”

“Oh yes!”

The clouds on the front of Trap of Darkness cleared, revealing Amazoness Archers. The card lit up and shot out a flurry of arrows, striking Fluttershy’s monsters. As they growled in pain from the arrows, their eyes began to pulse red.

Sour Sweet crossed her arms. “So much for your attack.”

The Kagemusha Samurai Tokens (3600 → 3100) stumbled to their knees at the arrows and swung their katanas into the Liger’s paw. Thunder Unicorn now had the same strength as Liger so they would tie and it would be destroyed. Amazoness Liger snapped its paw up and flung the Token away. It then collided with Thunder Unicorn as both were equal in power but it was protected by the queen to ensure it wouldn't leave the field.
Sour Sweet's Life Points: 400-

The red-eyed animals on Fluttershy’s field began to creep forward, eyeing Amazoness Liger. Fluttershy bit her lip and stepped back. “It didn’t matter which card I tried to destroy. You tricked me…”

“Welcome to the big leagues. Now, where were we? Ah, yes, I think you have a couple more attacks to declare.”

Fluttershy looked down and whimpered at the glowing eyes of her monsters. She sank to her knees swallowed heavily. “I… I attack Amazoness Pet Liger with my other monsters.” As soon as she finished, the horde ran forward. Ronin Raccoon jumped up and descended with its polearm. The Liger glared up at it and rose on its hind legs to swat it to the ground, keeping its paw on the raccoon to slam it into the dirt. Cat Shark ran up to the Liger’s paw and jumped to bite into it. The Liger lifted its limb to glare at the cat hanging off of it by its teeth.

Sour Sweet smirked. “And this is how our duel ends; the game of cat and mouse ends with a whimper.”

With a growl, the Liger stomped its paw, shattering Cat Shark.
Fluttershy's Life Points: 0-

Winner: Sour Sweet

Luna then spoke into the microphone. "Ladies and gentleman, you're winner of the first round in the Friendship Games: Sour Sweet! With that Crystal Prep takes the lead." The scoreboard then changed to show 1-0 for all too see. On the projection of the tournament standings, Fluttershy’s portrait greyed out and receded back into the row of Canterlot High duelists, while Sour Sweet’s lit up purple in its row.

Fluttershy had fallen to her knees and had her arms hanging by her side as she let the realization sink in. She had her head down as tears began to form in her eyes. All thoughts were running in her head at how she was the first who lost and was the reason why CHS was behind. She wanted to show that Canterlot High could go toe-to-toe with Crystal Prep, but in the end she had been the one couldn't get the job done. Worst of all, the fact that Isaac had helped make some changes to her deck and couldn't win was enough to make her heart break. Fluttershy was scared on what he would think.

“As if there was any doubt?” Sour Sweet gathered her cards from her duel disk and snorted. “I’m just annoyed it took so long.” Sour Sweet looked at Fluttershy before leaving. "Pathetic. Tell Isaac, I'll be waiting for him." She tossed her hair and marched back to the Crystal Prep bench, crossing her legs.

On the field, Fluttershy slowly pushed herself to her feet, she turned off her duel disk and began to extract her cards from it. She then made her way back to her team as she still had tears in her eyes. The girls all did their best to cheer her up by offering smiles; she then looked at Isaac who still had a serious look as he had his arms crossed. He then stepped forward to confront Fluttershy as she had her head down preparing for what he was about to say. Not a thing was said at first, Isaac just stood there looking at her not changing his expression for one second. This scared Fluttershy as she was expecting him to give her stern talk.

"I'm sorry. I failed..." Fluttershy then felt a pair of arms wrap around her as she still had tears in her eyes.

"You did good, private. You did good." Isaac's expression changed as he was now congratulating/comforting Fluttershy on putting on a valiant effort.

Fluttershy was pleased to hear Isaac's response that she put more behind her hug as she grip Isaac tightly while burying her head in his shoulder trying to release all the emotions she was feeling. After a few moments, they separated as Fluttershy wiped the last bit of tears from her face and then followed Isaac as they returned back to their friends.

“You rock, Fluttershy!”

The cheer from the crowd drew her attention. The assembled CHS students cheered and clapped again, shouts of encouragement and congratulations among them. Fluttershy, her face red, bowed and hurried over to the bench where her friends were on their feet.

“Ya did good, hun,” Applejack said, nodding.

“Yeah, you whooped butt!” Pinkie chimed in.

“Thanks. I did my best.” Fluttershy put a hand on her chest. “I’m sorry I couldn’t win.”

“Don’t be.” Rainbow shook her head. “It’s one duel out of seven. We’re still in this.”

"If anything, you've shown Crystal Prep that if they want to beat us then they'll have to try even harder to keep us down. Not to mention, that we're not as predictable as they think. We've got a few tricks of our own." Sunset put her hand on Fluttershy's shoulder to offer her some more support.

Isaac looked at his friends not saying a word. Despite them losing the opening round, they still banded together and were reminding each other that they were a team. Isaac knew that this was far from over, sure they have be behind in terms of points but there was still plenty of time to mount a comeback. Then Luna began to speak into the microphone.

"We will now choose the opponents for the next round."

On the display the rows of students began to blink again, blue and purple cursors highlighting a portrait and enlarging it before moving on. After several seconds the cursors stopped and the portraits grew to encompass the screen.

“Our next duel is decided! Canterlot High’s Jacklyn Apple will face Crystal Prep’s Sugarcoat!”

The students clapped politely. Applejack adjusted her hat and raised her duel disk. “Well, that’s mah cue.” She nodded at the group and walked onto the field.

"Good luck, Applejack!" said Sunset as she gave her a thumbs up.

"Wait a minute, Applejack's name is Jacklyn?" said Isaac with a confused look as he raised his eyebrow.

On the Crystal Prep bench, Sugarcoat stood and followed Applejack. When Applejack stopped at her side of the field, Sugarcoat paused next to her and turned her head. “I heard you’re one of the best duelists at this school.”

Applejack nodded. “That’s right.”

"Interesting." Sugarcoat pursed her lip. "Well then beggars can't be choosers." She turned forward and continued to her side of the field, swiftly spinning to face Applejack.

“What’s that supposed to mean?” Applejack called, glaring.

"See I wanted to face someone who can actually give me a challenge. That boy of yours, really showed that he knows his stuff. Compared to everybody else here who attends this second-rate school, he's a cut above the rest and would provide a decent challenge. I was hoping to test my skills against him, but it seems I'm stuck with you. No matter." Sugarcoat raised her arm in front of her. “I’d prefer you at least make me exert effort to win. I have no patience for unfulfilling duels.”

Applejack’s glare turned into a small smile. “Well then, ya came to the right girl. I’m gonna give ya a duel ya won’t soon forget!”

“Let’s not get ahead of ourselves.” Sugarcoat pressed the button to activate her duel disk, the device projecting a card tray of pale purple light. Applejack activated her own disk and a tray of green light came out.

PreviousChapters Next