• Published 11th Oct 2020
  • 4,508 Views, 856 Comments

Yugioh: Worlds Collide - ShootingStar25



If everything all relied on you drawing the perfect card, would you take it? Would you risk it all for one shot at being remembered? No matter how much skill/talent you have sometimes all you need is a little luck to turn the tide of a duel.

  • ...
9
 856
 4,508

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 146: Closing First Round

"And there you have it, everybody. The person moving on to the next round of this tournament is Lucky Star. She made have had a rough time penetrating through Ms. Pinkie Pie's defense, but in the end she came up with a plan and prevailed as he was able to swoop and grasp victory from the talons of defeat." said Luna as her sister had just finished eating her sweets.

"Well, seeing as how we've nearly reached the end of the first day of the tournament and that we have our final matchup already set. We're going to take a bit longer break before we resume." said Celestia as she wiped her mouth of the delicate, sweet treat as she licked her lips.

"Fat horse." stated Luna as it got a glare from her older sister.

"I've never been relieved to have a duel end. I'm going to need therapy after this duel." stated Lucky Star.

"Lucky for you, Dr. Pinkie is in." said Pinkie as she now appeared in a doctor's outfit as she wore a lab coat, stethoscope, a doctor headlamp, and a clipboard in her hand. "So what's bothering you, today?"

"Help!!!!" shouted Lucky Star as she began to run as fast as she could away from Pinkie.

Everybody was soon given a break as it allowed both Applejack and Jason to have extra time to fine tune their decks as their match was the final one of the day. Isaac had managed to track down Pinkie as she was still looking for Lucky Star so that they could begin their therapy session.

"Where she'd go? I'm charging by the hour." said Pinkie.

"Pinkie, what are you doing?" asked Isaac as he stood with his arms crossed and had a scowl on his face.

"Isaac!" stated Pinkie in a cheery voice. "Duh, what does it look like? I'm trying to have a therapy session with Lucky Star. She said she had a headache after the duel. And so I took it upon myself to help cheer her up and put a smile on her face.

"I think she'll be happy if you leave her alone." said Isaac. "Besides, look what I got." Isaac then pulled out a toy as he waved it in front of Pinkie like she was a pet.

"Ohh, shiny." said Pinkie as she followed Isaac's movements with her tongue hanging out in anticipation like she was a dog. She then followed Isaac as he led his little sister away. "Gimme, gimme." shouted Pinkie as she tried to reach up and grab the object from Isaac.

"Hold on. I want to share a few words with you." said Isaac as he put the toy back in his pocket. "That was a solid duel, little sis."

"Ohh, that... well... I did my best." smiled Pinkie.

"Even in defeat you're still chirper." stated Isaac.

"I guess, but... can I..." said Pinkie as she approached Isaac. He just nodded as Pinkie put her head into Isaac's shoulder's as she let out some tears.

Seems despite having a positive outlook on her losing, she still felt like she could have done more and impressed her big bro. Pinkie just released everything she had as she pounded Isaac's shoulder lightly as she cried; Isaac just brought his left arm up and started to run his hand through Pinkie's hair as he tried to comfort her.

"It's okay, Pinkie. Not everybody can win every duel. Sometimes how you play, is much more rewarding than actually winning." stated Isaac as he pulled back a bit to look at Pinkie.

"That's easy for you to say." said Pinkie in a somber tone.

"Do you really think I go with the intent of winning every duel that I find myself in?"

"Yes?" answered Pinkie.

"Pinkie, I just play a duel and let things play out as they happen. Winning just occurs naturally, look I don't go with the mindset that I need to win every duel. Sure when there's some kind of evil trying to destroy all that we love, then yeah I tell myself that I have to win. But other than that, I'm solely focused on not winning. I try to use my dueling skills as a way to tell a story that I want to project for everybody else." said Isaac. He then wiped the remaining tears from Pinkie's face as he placed a hand on Pinkie's shoulder. "Do you remember what I said long ago when we hung out and I called you annoying?"

"Yeah, you said that you would do the dueling for both of us." responded Pinkie.

"Only if you would do the smiling for both of us. And how can you if you're feeling down in the dumps. What happened to the pretty girl that would always throw parties for anything, even dumb stuff. Who always makeup holidays and special occasions just cause she felt like it. Where's the girl that's the best little sis I could ever ask for?" said Isaac with a smile.

"She's right here, silly." giggled Pinkie as she laughed and began to poke Isaac in his side.

"Hey, stop that." said Isaac as he swatted her hand away.

"Sorry, I told you. You're cute and pokable." stated Pinkie.

Soon both of them let out a laugh as Pinkie was now feeling a bit better. She then gave Isaac another great big sibling-like hug as he returned it. He then kissed Pinkie's forehead as he showed his love for his little sis.

"So..." said Pinkie as she put on her pleading face with her eyes going wide.

"Here." said Isaac as he let out a sigh. He then pulled out the toy from his pocket and gave it to Pinkie.

"Just what I wanted. I love you, big bro." said Pinkie as she gave Isaac a kiss on his cheek as she nuzzled her cheek against his.

"Just making my little sis happy." stated Isaac as he tried to relieve himself from Pinkie's crushing hug.

Lucky Star had finally gotten the peace and quiet she needed as she had managed to escape from Pinkie. She then splashed some water on her face as she managed to get her hair wet. She took some deep breaths as she finally got to relax.

"At least she's out of this tournament. I can't imagine her winning this whole thing."

"Is that such a bad thing?!" said Isaac with a stern tone as he was standing behind the girl.

"Why is she your honorary little sister?" asked Lucky Star as she had some whining and moaning in her tone.

"You get used to it, though I will admit at times Pinkie can be a handful and give me a slight headache. But hey, that's what siblings are for, right." said Isaac.

"I wouldn't know, since I've never had any." said Lucky Star.

"So then, has Applejack made you feel like you have a home?"

"In weird sort of way, sort of. I'm not fully convinced on the idea that friends can family, but I'm willing to step out of my comfort zone and give it a try."

"That's all I ask. Speaking of which, Applejack told me about your story. And how you meet a famous female duelist; gotta say, impressed that you were able to hide a celebrity in your house." stated Isaac.

"Well, I didn't think much of it at the time. Not to mention I didn't even know who the hell she was until she told her backstory. But she did offer me some words of wisdom. And I guess, she did sort of inspire me to actually study this game and not BS my way through it." answered Lucky Star.

"Well, then. I can tell that if she was standing here, she would be proud to know you took her advice to heart. Especially when you have a chance to take me on and possibly become champion. Keyword: possibly." informed Isaac.

"How about: Definitely." Lucky Star then looked up at Isaac. "After that loss, I'm am going to make you pay for humiliating me. So enjoy your days as champ, Isaac. Cause I'm taking that title away from you!" stated the girl as she stood her ground.

Isaac just laughed with a smug smile, "We'll see about that." responded Isaac as he looked back at the girl with an intense focus. Soon he started to leave but both individuals still kept their eyes on each other even as he started to walk away.


"Well, we've just about reached the end of this day, as the sun is starting to slowly set. And over the course of this day, it's been a rather interesting one to say the least. Not only have we've seen some pretty interesting duels, but we've also seen who will be moving to the quarter final rounds of the tournament." stated Luna. "So for those of you who've been keeping score at home, let's run the results. The first two competitors received a bye due the number of individuals participating, Twilight Sparkle and Penny. After that the first round saw Shadow Moonrise as he defeated Sunset Shimmer in a hard-hitting affair, the next to follow was Amber as she was able to outpace Rainbow Dash as she zoomed to victory. The next duel had a surprising win as nobody thought she would do it, but she proved everyone wrong, Ms. Fluttershy. Then it was a battle of strength v. elegance as Rarity was able to style and profile her way towards a win. And after the recent battle, it was Lucky Star who managed to break through Pinkie Pie's defense and secure her spot in the next round." stated Luna as the portraits of the winners appeared on the screen behind Isaac.

"Well, looks you're still in this bet, Spike." meowed Tigre as she laid on her back while looking at the TV.

"Well, so are you. I'll admit, I didn't think Fluttershy would make it past the first round." exclaimed the dog as he grabbed a bag of dog treats and wolfed it down as he let out a burp which caused Tigre to have a look of disgust. "Either way, I'm not losing this bet to you, pussy cat."

"Let's see if that mouth of yours is actually useful other than licking your butt." meowed Tigre. Soon both pets turned their attention back to the TV as the last duel was about to begin.

"Now time to get on with the last duel of the evening. So this final bout will pit Jacklyn Apple against Jason 'Ironhide' Starrs." said Celestia as both duelists began to head towards the field.

"I really hate that name." said Applejack.

"I dunno know. It's kinda cute, Aj. Really gives you a 'fro-fro' charm." snickered Isaac as he said that from his throne chair. Applejack just stuck her tongue out at Isaac as her answer.

Soon both duelists appeared on the field as they turned on their duel disks with Aj's projecting a green card tray while Jason had a white card tray. They both slotted in their decks as the autoshuffler kicked in.

"Now... let the final duel... begin!!!!!" exclaimed Luna.

"Opponent detected. Streaming data. Duel mode set. Initiating. Commencing duel." said their duel disks.

Jason Starr's Life Points: 8000-

Applejack's Life Points: 8000-

Turn 1: Applejack

"Hope you don't mind, sugar. But ah'll make the first move." stated Applejack as she drew her card. "Ah summon mah Predaplant Ophrys Scorpio(1200/800)." A black scorpion appeared in front of Applejack, roots on its back running up to a plant sprout behind its stinger tail. "Now the effect of mah Scorpio activates, when he's summoned ah can send 1 monster from mah hand to the grave and in exchange I can special summon 1 'Predaplant' monster from mah deck. So an' send mah Predaplant Cordyceps to mah grave and special summon mah Predaplant Darlingtonia Cobra(1000/1500)." A snake with a body like a plant vine slithered in front of Applejack, its jaws patterned like flower petals.

"Since ah summoned Darlingtonia Cobra from mah deck, I can use it's ability. Now I can add one 'Polymerization' from mah deck to mah hand." Applejack's duel disk then slotted out the card for her to grab. "Ah then set one card facedown and end mah turn. Now let's see what you've got, partner."

Turn 2: Jason

"My turn, so watch out." stated Jason. Knowing what kind of duelist Ms. Applejack is, no doubt she has plans to fusion summon. Especially since she just added Polymerization to her hand. Well, lucky for me, I can counter that. "My turn, and since you control a monster, I can special summon this monster to your side of the field. So come on out, Gameciel, the Sea Turtle Kaiju(2200/3000) in attack mode." Soon Applejack's Predaplant Cordyceps disappeared as on her field there was now a giant sea kaiju that appeared from the patch of water that appeared on her field as it let out a cry that caused everybody to cover their ears. Even Applejack was taken back by how big of the monster she had on her field.

"So, this is mah monster now?" asked Applejack.

"Temporary." stated Jason. "I know you rely fusing together monsters and with you adding Polymerization your hand. And with easily you managed to bring out multiple monsters and add the spell card to your hand all in your first turn; you plan to bring out your fusion monsters."

"Is that right?" asked Applejack with a smug smile.

"That's why I have a way to get rid of your monsters before you plan to use them. I'll admit, you're good if you did all that in first turn." stated Jason as he gave the upperclassmen his praise.

"Ah, shucks. You're makin' me blush, sugar." said Applejack as she lowered her hat a bit. "But either way, you trade my little plant for a killer."

"Not necessarily, cause since you control a 'Kaiju' monster, I can summon this guy from my hand. Arise, Dogoran, the Mad Flame Kaiju(3000/1200)!" Jason's field then began to rumble as the ground opened up and soon out emerged a large dino-like monster as it had flames around it and let out a roar. "Now, Dogoran attack Gameciel!"

Dogoran then opened its mouth and soon a pillar of fire came from its mouth as it headed towards Gameciel who responded by opening its mouth and shot a beam of water as both elements collided and met in the middle. Upon collision a huge steam was created as it caused a huge smoke screen to appear. It was a stalemate at first, until the flames from Dogoran started to burn even hotter as it was using the oxygen around it as it caused the fire to become hotter that it pushed back the water beam faster than it could put the flames out. Soon it collided back with Gameciel as it was destroyed as Applejack had to put an arm up to cover herself.
Applejack's Life Points: 7200-

"Impressive." said Applejack as she now had one less monster on her field.

"Now you have one less monster to fuse with and I now have a strong monster on my field. Now I'll place one card facedown and end my turn." said Jason.

Turn 3: Applejack

"Mah turn." stated Applejack. "You think you stopped mah way to fusion, well I got other ways of dealin' damage. Like this, I play the spell, Predaplast. Now ah reveal any 'Predap' cards in my hand and then for each one ah place a counter on each of yer monsters." Applejack's hand then projected for all to see the cards in her hand, as all of them qualified. "Lookie, there a full house." stated Applejack as a tiny seed now attached to Jason's monster.

"Like that matters." stated Jason.

"It does sugar, let me tell you. See whenever one of yer monsters has a 'Predaplant' counter on it, its level drops to 1."

"What? It can do that?" asked Jason as he had never heard of that before.

"Looks like ah got my own ways to take your deck. Like this move, ah reveal my facedown, Predaplanet. Then ah activate the effect of my Predaplant Banksiogre(2000/100). Now ah summon it to mah field simply by tributin' a monster of yers that has a counter on it. So looks yer beast is about to hit the road!" stated Applejack. Soon Jason's mighty beast was gone as a tiny pinecone like monster appeared on Applejack's field as it opened its eye.

"Uh-oh." said Jason as he realized the situation in front of him.

"Now my trap, Predaplanet activates since a monster with a 'Predaplant' Counter left the field, ah can now add a 'Preda' card from mah deck to mah hand." said Applejack. She then looked at her options as she selected the one she wanted as she clicked confirm and it slotted out for her to grab.

"Now ah attack with Predaplant Banksiogre!" shouted Applejack as her tiny monster then floated over to Jason as he hit the boy in his stomach. "Now time for mah Predaplant Ophrys Scorpio to lay the sting on behind." responded Applejack as she had her tiny monster now leap into the air as it brought its tail on Jason's arm as he felt the pain as he flicked the creature off and crawled its way to Aj's field.
Jason's Life Points: 4800-

"Ah then end mah turn."

Turn 4: Jason

"Lucky break. My draw, and I'll start by playing the spell Trade-In. So I'll send my Dragon Spirit of White to the graveyard so that I can draw 2 more cards." Jason then sent his dragon card into his graveyard as he picked up some more cards off the top of his deck. "Now I'll reveal a 'Blue-Eyes' in my hand so that I can special summon my Blue-Eyes Alternative White Dragon(3000/2500)." Out came a dragon as it let out a cry as it caused everybody to do a double take to make sure they were seeing what they saw. "Next up is my spell The Melody of Awakening Dragon which allows me to add 2 dragons from my deck to my hand so long as they have 3000 or more attack points and 2500 or less defense points as long as I discard a card." Jason then used his duel disk as he sent away his card and added his other two copies of his Blue-Eyes White Dragons to his hand as he now had all 3 of them on standby.

This could be a problem. Applejack now knew what cards Jason had in her hand as she had to prepare for the worst.

"Now Blue-Eyes Alternative White Dragon attack her Predaplant Banksiogre!" shouted Jason as he had his great beast open its mouth and unleash a powerful beam of energy that blasted Aj's tiny plant off the field with ease.
Applejack's Life Points: 7000-

"Now mah monster's effect activates, since it was destroyed ah can place a counter on each one of yer monsters." stated Applejack. Soon two tiny seeds then were attached to Jason's monsters. "And like before any monsters that have a counter are reduced to Level 1."

"With that, I'll then end my turn with a facedown."

Turn 5: Applejack

"Mah turn, and ah play Predaponics spell card. Now once per turn, ah can special summon a one Level 4 or lower 'Predaplant' monster from my hand or graveyard with its effects negated. So welcome back mah Predaplant Darlington Cobra." Applejack’s field shook and ripped open a chasm; Darlingtonia Cobra slithered out from within it. Applejack picked a card from her hand and swung it into her duel disk. “Next, ah activate Polymerization! Ah fuse Darlington Cobra with Ophrys Scorpio!” The crowd cheered as Applejack’s two monsters swirled together in a vortex of green light. “Ah combine mah stingin' predator and mah venomous predator, and let a vicious new plant bloom!” Applejack took the card her duel disk ejected as she held it up high. “Ah Fusion Summon Predaplant Chimerafflesia(2500/2000)!” A large coil of vines burst from the chasm and splayed out on the field. A large circular mouth ringed with teeth and surrounded by plump pink petals was at the end of the largest of the vines, and two smaller mouths rose up beside it on smaller vines.

Applejack pointed at Blue-Eyes Alternative White Dragon on Jason’s field. “Ah activate Chimerafflesia’s effect; ah can target any monster on the field with a lower level than it, and banish it!” Chimerafflesia lashed out its two mouthed vines towards Blue-Eyes.

"I reveal my facedown, The Ultimate Creature of Destruction! Now my Blue-Eyes is unaffected by card effects this turn. So he's not going anywhere." shouted Jason as his dragon used the power of his trap as he avoided the effect of Aj's monster.

"Crafty." said Applejack. “Ah end mah turn with a facedown.”

Turn 6: Jason

"My turn, and I'll play Pot of Greed so that I can draw two more cards. Next I play the spell card, Successor Soul. Now I tribute my Blue-Eyes Alternative White Dragon and then I can also send one of your monsters to the graveyard. So say goodbye to your Predaplant Chimerafflesia." shouted Jason as both he and Applejack had their monsters be destroyed. "Now I can special summon one Level 7 or higher normal monster from my hand or deck. So I choose to summon my Blue-Eyes White Dragon(3000/2500)." Jason now replaced the dragon on his field as he had a more powerful on his field.

"Don't forget, my trap Predaplanet is still in play. Now since your monster had a counter when it left the field, ah add a 'Predap' card from my deck to mah hand." stated Applejack as she selected the card she wanted as it slid out for her to grab.

"Doesn't matter, you're still wide open. Now Blue-Eyes White Dragon attack Applejack directly!" shouted Jason.

"Ah reveal my facedown, Defense Draw! Now all damage ah would've taken shimmer downed to 0. And ah get to draw a card." A wall of cards then appeared in front of Applejack as it acted as a barrier that protected her from the attack. Once it died down, she then had her duel disk eject her top card as she added it to her hand.

"Alright, I'll admit that was something that I didn't expect. In that case, I'll end my turn."

Turn 7: Applejack

"Now mah turn. Applejack then drew her card. "First, in order to keep my Predaponics in play, Ah have to give up 800 of mah life points." said Applejack.
Applejack's Life Points: 6200-

"Then ah use it powers to bring back mah Predaplant Banksiogre in attack mode. Lastly, ah use the effect of Chimerafflesia in mah graveyard. The turn after it gets destroyed, ah can add a Fusion card from mah deck to mah hand.” She then touched her screen and searched for the card she wanted from her deck and then clicked on it as it slid out for her to grab. “Ah’ll take Fusion Recovery and activate it immediately to get Polymerization and Predaplant Ophrys Scorpio back to mah hand. And then ah’ll summon Scorpio to the field.” Applejack flipped a card out from her hand as her scorpion appeared in front of her. “Ah’ll use Scorpio’s ability and discard Rose Lover from mah hand, to summon Predaplant Flytrap(400/800) from mah deck!” The ground in front of Applejack cracked open. A small spindly vine with hand-like leaves and a pair of jaws formed from two large leaves grew up from the crack.

"This little thing is going to help lead me to victory." smiled Applejack.

"That small weed? Don't me laugh, it's barely anything compared to my powerful dragon. He doesn't even have to break a sweat to get rid of that seedling." said Jason.

"Is that so? Then how 'bout this. "Ah use Predaplant Flytrap’s special ability and place a ‘Predator Counter’ on your monster.” Flytrap opened its jaws and shot a glowing purple seed at Blue-Eyes. The seed landed on Blue-Eyes’ shoulder and sprouted into a tangled mass of green and purple vines, a growth in their center pulsing with purple light. “As long as that Predator Counter is on your monster, its level is sapped down to 1.” Applejack pointed. “And now, Predaplant Flytrap attacks Blue-Eyes!” Flytrap lowered to the ground and slithered like a serpent toward Blue-Eyes.

"Well, I knew plants were annoying." taunted Jason as he watched the tiny monster stand up to his great dragon.

"Well then, this will make you hate them even more. Cause Flytrap’s got a special ability. See, any time it battles a monster with a lower level, that monster gets destroyed instantly.”

Jason’s eyes widened. “No!”

Flytrap stopped in front of Blue-Eyes, raised up, and opened its jaws. The Predator counter on Blue-Eyes glowed brighter and exploded in a cloud of green spores. The spores fell around Flytrap and it took on the same glow as the counter. Before Jason’s eyes, Flytrap grew taller and bigger, until it towered over Blue-Eyes and its jaws were as large as a person. It dove down and snapped its jaws over Blue-Eyes’ head. The dragon convulsed and exploded in a spray of purple and green spores.

Applejack smiled. “When Flytrap destroys a monster with that effect, its level increases by its level. So now my Flytrap gains 8 levels which makes him become level 10.” Flytrap slunk back to Applejack’s field, still glowing. "And my trap, Predaplant activates. So I add another 'Preda' card from mah deck to mah hand." Applejack then decided on what card she wanted as she looked at her options; she then clicked confirm on her duel disk screen as it slid out for her to grab.

"Ah then end mah turn."

Turn 8: Jason

I can't let this girl beat me, not with the cards I've got. "It's my turn!" shouted Jason. "I play another Pot of Greed! Then I play the spell card, Interrupted Kaiju Slumber! Now all monsters on the field are destroyed. Then I can summon 2 'Kaiju' monsters to take their place with one of them on your side of the field!" Soon the entire ground in front of both duelists began to crack and rumble. It then opened up as all the monsters on both duelist's field fell through. "Now as for my spell card, I'll give you another Gameciel, the Sea Turtle Kaiju. And on my field appear Thunder King, the Lightningstrike Kaiju(3300/2100)!!" Soon the sky above started to form some thunder clouds formed, soon they pulled back a bit as it revealed a beast that had three heads as lightning came out of their mouths. "Then I'll play Silver's Cry to bring back my Blue-Eyes White Dragon!" exclaimed Jason as he had his dragon rise up.

"You are not winning this Applejack, you hear me! I am!" shouted Jason with intensity in his eyes. "Thunder King, attack Gameciel!" Thunder King then opened all three of its mouth and then fired a powerful beam that conversed into one as it collided with the monster on Applejack's side of the field.
Applejack's Life Points: 5100-

"Now Blue-Eyes strike her!!" shouted Jason as his dragon opened its mouth and fired off a beam of pure white light that was headed towards Applejack. Applejack put her arms up to cover herself, as she did that, her feet started to move along the dirt. She then plunged her duel disk into the ground in front of her as she dropped to one knee; she was able to keep herself from being thrown onto the grass as she stood her ground and took the attack.
Applejack's Life Points: 2100-

"I end my turn with a facedown!!" said Jason with some fury in his voice as he let out some heavy breathing.

Turn 9: Applejack

Applejack then got up from the ground as she dusted the dirt off of her knee and straight out her denim skirt while she looked at Jason. "Alright, sugar. You want me to bring the bull, ah gladly do it, draw!!" shouted Applejack as she drew her card. "Ah destroy mah Predaponics spell card. Then I banish mah Predaplant Cordyceps from mah graveyard so that I can special summon two Level 4 or below 'Predaplants'. So time sprout again, Predaplant Flytrap and Predaplant Darlingtonia Cobra!" Applejack now had her two monsters appear on her field. "Then Darlingtonia Cobra's effect activates, since it summoned using the effect of one of its comrades, ah can add a 'Polymerization' or fusion spell card from mah deck to mah hand." Applejack then grabbed her spell card as she added it to her hand.

"Next up ah activate my Flytrap's ability to place a counter on yer Thunder King. Now ah play Polymerization and with it ah fuse together mah Predaplant Flytrap and Darlingtonia Cobra!!" A purple vortex with tendrils of green energy appeared behind Applejack and drew in her two monsters. The vortex spun and flashed, its light growing. "Now, the luscious leaves and succulent stems of these two precious plants will give birth to a vicious, vengeful, diabolical botanical! I Fusion Summon! Starving Venom Fusion Dragon(2800/2000)!!!" She slammed her card on her duel disk, the card tray lighting up purple.

The ground shook as a massive plant bud grew behind Applejack and rose into the air. It shone purple and burst apart, a dragon flying out of it and circling the field. Its body was lithe and green, armored in hardened purple growths with thorns emerging from them. Orbs of orange light lit up on its claws, shoulders, and wings, pulsing with energy. The dragon stopped its flight above Applejack, a vine-like tail lashing the air, and roared.

"Since ah just Fusion Summoned mah dragon, he gets an attack boost equal to all special summoned monsters on yer side of the field for the rest of the turn." stated Applejack. An aura of purple energy lit up over Blue-Eyes and Thunder King and trails of it swirled into Applejack’s dragon. The orbs on its wings grew brighter.

"9100 attack points!?!" shouted Jason as he watched Applejack's dragon let out a huge roar.

"This is what you get when you mess with the bull, you get the horns!!!" Applejack then thrusted her arm out. "Starving Venom Fusion Dragon, take out his Thunder King, the Lightningstrike Kaiju and end this duel!!!" Starving Venom Fusion Dragon swooped down and flew forward. The orbs covering its body sent streams of energy curling into its mouth, congregating into a large fireball. The fireball launched and engulfed Block Dragon, a plume of smoke shooting into the air.

"I can't lose, I activate my facedown Negate Attack! So now the battle phase ends!" Jason's card then activated as it caused Applejack's dragon to stop.

"Now am gettin' pissed." growled Applejack. "Ah end my turn with a facedown. And mah dragon's attack points return to normal." Starving Venom Fusion Dragon then lowered its head next to Applejack as she started to pet it while still looking forward at Jason as both were angry.

Turn 10: Jason

"I will end this!" shouted Jason as he drew his card. "I play the spell card, Pot of Extravagance. Now I banish either 3 or 6 cards from my Extra Deck facedown and for each 3 cards that I banish, I draw a card. So I'll get rid of 6 cards." Jason then used his duel disk as he removed his cards as his duel disk then moved them into the banished compartment of his device as he drew his cards. Now Blue-Eyes take out her Starving Venom Fusion Dragon!" Blue-Eyes heard its command as it opened it mouth and unleashed a massive attack that collided with Applejack's dragon.
Applejack's Life Points: 1900-

Applejack shook her head as the smoke of the attacks cleared, the air crackling. “Ah ain’t goin’ without a fight. When Starving Venom is destroyed, he takes all yer Special Summoned monsters with him.” The ghostly image of Starving Venom flew out of Applejack’s duel disk and into Jason's monsters. It convulsed and shattered, its pieces raining to the ground and fading.

"My monsters?!" said Jason as he realized that he had nothing left on his field to attack with.

"Now mah trap card activates again and ah can add a 'Preda' card from mah deck to mah hand." said Applejack as she got another card.

"This isn't over, I now play Return of the Dragon Lords. To bring back my Blue-Eyes White Dragon from the graveyard. Then I play Polymerization so that ah can fuse together it with the other two in my hand to fusion summon Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon(4500/3800)!" Jason now had a giant and powerful monster on his field as it looked to put Applejack down.

"Then ah end my turn."

Turn 11: Applejack

"Mah draw!" Applejack drew with a flourish, holding her card out. She drew it back, looked at it, and grinned. “Ah activate Dragon’s Mirror!” A large mirror appeared in the air, the wings, claws, and tail of a dragon carved from its frame. “This lets me banish the Fusion parts needed to summon a Dragon-type Fusion monster from mah graveyard, and summon it. Ah banish Predaplant Flytrap and Starving Venom Fusion Dragon!”

The mirror pulsed and glowed purple, its surface cloudy. Applejack reached to her duel disk, fingers poised. “Ah combine mah botanical nightmare and mah carnivorous predator, to bring out a toxic terror like no other!” The mirror cracked down the center, the image of glowing purple eyes appearing in either half. “Ah Fusion Summon Greedy Venom Fusion Dragon(3300/2500)!” The mirror shattered and a massive dragon flew out of the frame. Its serpentine body was glowing blue, purple, and yellow, streaks of light along its limbs. Wings like the growths of a plant spread behind it, crackling with energy. It circled to float in front of Applejack, roaring down at Jason.

"Ah now activate mah Greedy Venom Fusion Dragon's special ability, so now ah make your Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon lose all of its attack points till the end of the turn!" shouted Applejack. Her dragon then unleashed its power as it striped away Jason's monster.

"My dragon lost all of its power?" Jason was in disbelief that Applejack had managed to take down his mighty beast and with ease no doubt.

"Greedy Venom Fusion Dragon attack his monster!!" shouted Applejack as her dragon then let out a roar. Greedy Venom drew back its mouth and fired a jet of purple energy. Jason raised his arm and braced himself as the blast struck Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon, washing it away.
Jason's Life Points: 1500-

"Ah'll now end my turn with a facedown."

Turn 12: Jason

"My draw, and now I play Pot of Desires to banish the top ten cards of my deck and draw two cards. Now I play Monster Reborn, so rise up Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon once more." stated Jason as his monster once again appeared and it growled. "Now attack her Greedy Venom Fusion Dragon!"

"Ah reveal mah facedown, Negate Attack. So now I can end the Battle Phase." stated Applejack as she made sure that her dragon survived.

"Fine! I play the spell Pot of Avarice so that I can take 5 cards from my graveyard and put them back into my deck." Jason then selected the cards he wanted as he put them on top of his deck and then the autoshuffler kicked in. "Then I draw 2 cards. With that I'll end my turn with a facedown."

Turn 13: Applejack

"My turn, first up is getting rid of that facedown of yours, and I got just the card to do it, I play the spell card Mystical Space Typhoon. So now your little card is gone." said Applejack as the wind picked up and out started to blow away Jason's facedown.

"The card you just destroyed was my Waking the Dragon. So now I can activate its effect to special summon one monster from my Extra Deck. So I choose my Blue-Eyes Spirit Dragon(2500/3000) in defense mode!" shouted Jason as he had another monster on his field.

"I'll then end my turn." Almost done, just gotta survive this turn.

Turn 14: Jason

"It's my turn, and I'll play Premature Burial so by paying 800 life points, I can bring back a Blue-Eyes White Dragon from my hand." Jason now had 2 dragons on his field.
Jason's Life Points: 700-

"Now Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon take out her monster!" shouted Jason. His dragon then opened its mouth and fired a triple beam of destruction as it connected with its target. Aj's dragon let out a cry as it was obliterated.
Applejack's Life Points: 700-

The force of the attack was enough to cause Applejack to fall on her back. It took a while but, she eventually got back up and had a smile on her face. "Thanks for assist, partner. Cause you just activated Greedy Venom Fusion Dragon's special ability; when it gets destroyed I can wipe out yer entire field as well as get rid of all yer monsters! And then each person takes damage equal to the combined total attack of their own monsters. So since yer Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon has 4500 attack points, yer Blue-Eyes Spirit Dragon has 2500 attack points and yer Blue-Eyes has 3000 attack points, it means yer life points are 'bout to crash." snickered Applejack.

"No!" said Jason as his eyes widen.

From the smoke of Greedy Venom’s destruction, a beam of purple energy erupted over Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon, the dragon exploding. Soon the entire field was covered in a blanket of smoke. Everybody looked on as they wanted to see what had happened; given how Applejack had baited Jason into attacking her so that she could trigger her trap it seemed to be that she had won. The smoke began to clear, revealing two large silhouettes where Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon and Blue-Eyes were destroyed. It disbursed and sure enough there was the dragons as they let out a roar and remained unscathed.

"Ah don't believe it." said Applejack as she was shocked to see the creature was still there.

"I activated my Return of the Dragon Lords. By banishing it from my graveyard, I was able to save my dragons from the destruction of yours. And so it dodged your monster's effect." said Jason.

"Then ah guess... this is it." said Applejack as she put her arms to her side.

Jason now was in control, all he had to do was have his other dragon attack and he would move on. Still he just looked at Applejack as he took a moment to access the situation. Throughout the duel with Applejack, he was so focused on winning the duel and getting to face Isaac for his revenge that he stopped to see what the purpose of the duel was suppose to be. He then looked up to Isaac's throne as he had a scowl on his face as he looked at the kid judging what he was going to do. Jason then took a deep breath as he cleared his head of the any angry thoughts.

"Thank you." said Jason.

"Huh?" asked Applejack as she looked at the boy.

"I'm not the biggest person when it comes to expressing emotion and feelings, but my parents did show me to acknowledge someone when they're willing to put somebody else over. So... thanks Ms. Applejack. I promise you won't regret your decision." stated Jason.

"Just doin' mah job, sugarcube." said Applejack as she tipped her hat at Jason. "Now promise one more thing, that you go on and win this thing. And you knock Isaac off his throne."

"Yes, ma'am." nodded Jason. "Blue-Eyes attack her directly! White Lightning Attack!" shouted Jason. Blue-Eyes heard its command as it opened its mouth and unleashed a powerful beam that made contact with Applejack as she stood there with her eyes closed and a smile on her face.
Applejack's Life Points: 0-

Winner: Jason


The attack died down and the result had been registered. Soon the holograms disappeared as the winner came up on the screen for all to see.

"And the winner of the final duel of the day is... Jason Starrs!" shouted Celestia. Everybody gave both duelists a round of applause as they enjoyed the duel that had happened before their very eyes.

"With that duel, we now know the remaining 8 participants who will move onto the next round. And here they are..." said Luna as she pointed to the screen behind Isaac's throne as their faces came up. "Twilight Sparkle, Penny, Amber, Shadow Moonrise, Fluttershy, Rarity, Lucky Star, and finally Jason Starrs. These are your final 8 competitors in this tournament." Luna's response was met with a rowdy set of cheers.

With Sunset, Rainbow Dash and Applejack; all of the front runners that people would have thought have been eliminated. Which means this tournament isn't going to be predictable as people think, which also means anything can happen. Isaac made sure to look at the fourth wall as his thoughts were heard.

"Students, you've done well. And so the rest of the tournament will take place on Monday. Best of luck to you all." said Celestia as she gave a sign to the camera crew to cut the feed and they went off the air.

It was just about to be nighttime as the sun was just barely setting behind the horizon as the moon was starting to get in place with a few stars in the sky. Everybody all started to gather their things and head home; Isaac gave some final praises to the students as he said he was impressed with all of their performances, apart if they won or not. They all smiled as he dismissed them. Soon he joined the rest of the girls as they all started to head towards their house.

It was about an hour since they arrived back home as the gang was starting to enjoy their Friday night. And for a certain trio, they were doing just that as Isaac, Rainbow Dash, and Sunset were all playing some video games. Well, the girls were in each of their rooms, while Isaac was down in the living room as they were all playing a game. And what game were they playing you may ask. Well...

"Who hit me with a red shell!!!" shouted Sunset into her headset as she was currently streaming in her room.

"He's another one!" said Rainbow as her character had managed to pick up another item. "Here you go, Sunset. A gift from my screen to your stream." snickered Rainbow Dash as she tossed another shell as it made contact with Sunset's avatar.

"Stop it!" shouted Sunset as she got hit and it allowed Rainbow to past by her.

"See ya, and now to win." said Rainbow as she looked to get past the final turn and win the race.

"Too fast!" said Sunset as she lost control of her cart and caused her to crash into the wall as she was trying to drift left but was too close to the wall. "No! No!"

"Victory!" shouted Rainbow as she was just seconds away from crossing the finish line.

Soon another cart appeared as it was launched off the ramp and soared through the air. It landed on top of Rainbow as it caused her to get hit as the avatar was shining gold from a star and it allowed them to steal the win from Rainbow.

"From 7th place to 1st! Oh, it feels good, huh Dash." said Isaac as he spoke into the headset. Soon the race results were tallied as Rainbow came in 4th and Sunset crossed the finish line in 9th place.

"I had that victory and you stole it from me, Isaac!" shouted Rainbow into her mic.

"There's something wrong with my controller!" shouted Sunset as she was pissed that she came nearly in last place. "There's something wrong with my controller!!" stated Sunset as she was furious and started to hit it on her desk.

"Yeah, it's the person holding it!!" responded Isaac into the mic.

"Ohh!!" said Rainbow and the rest of Sunset's chat as Isaac roasted Sunset with that comment.

"Fuck you, Isaac. You piece of shit!" shouted Sunset. "I'm going to come down there and beat your ass, myself." said Sunset as she turned off her stream and started to march downstairs in her Pjs as she looked to strangle Isaac.

Isaac had just turned off the game as he saw Sunset full on steamed as he stood on one end of the couch as Sunset stood on the other end.

"Get over here, boy toy. Say it again!" shouted Sunset as she cracked her knuckles.

"Come get me, then!" said Isaac.

Sunset then tried to jump at Isaac as he managed to side step her and she fell to the floor. Just as she was about to get up, Isaac leaped over the couch and began to head upstairs to his room in a hurry as Sunset was hot on his tail. He opened his door and locked it just as Sunset was trying to turn the handle and began to pound his door with her fists as Isaac put his back on the door to keep it from breaking down.

"Get out here, you can't stay in there forever!" shouted Sunset.

"I'll take my chances!" yelled Isaac from the other side.

Meanwhile, Rainbow was recording the incident on her phone as she smiled. The others all looked from the stairway as they just rolled their eyes at what they saw.

"I love these game nights. Can't wait to see how many views this gets on Snapgab." stated Rainbow as she continued to record the video of Sunset trying to kill Isaac.

PreviousChapters Next