• Published 11th Oct 2020
  • 4,508 Views, 856 Comments

Yugioh: Worlds Collide - ShootingStar25



If everything all relied on you drawing the perfect card, would you take it? Would you risk it all for one shot at being remembered? No matter how much skill/talent you have sometimes all you need is a little luck to turn the tide of a duel.

  • ...
9
 856
 4,508

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 182: Severed

“Finally, some peace and quiet.” said Black Robe Mentalist as she entered her room and closed the door. She then approached her mirror on her dresser as she took off the hood of her cloak as she saw her reflection. For a second it was her, but the demon inhabiting the mirror showed her inner demon persona as she held a straight face.

“Looks good.” said Black Robe Mentalist as she saw the demon.

She then noticed the small picture hanging on the corner of the mirror as she grabbed it with her magical aura as she looked at it. It was when she hung out with her master during Halloween as he spent all night trying to get her to smile and open up. Despite being a tad annoying with all his positivity, she did admit that Isaac was persistent which in the end was what made the goth teen smile. She then put the picture back with her magic as she floated in the center of her room as she hovered in the air floating above a ritual circle as she began her usual mediating sessions. She crossed her legs and closed her eyes as she let her mind do its thing.

“Focus, concentrate. Concentrate. Clear your mind.” said Black Robe Mentalist as soon some ghostly spirits appeared as part of her sessions. While they circled the circle and room, the goth magician was centering her mind. Soon something happened, as the visions that she saw when she looked into her master’s mind came into her subconscious.

“What’s going on?!” said the spellcaster as the visions came to her. Soon she saw something.

The vision she saw was one that she had seen before. The image of two shadows who appeared to be two duelists was battling was shown, soon it became more clear and filled in as she saw the battle with Starlight and Isaac as she remembered when she was on the field. Then the scene changed as it was another vision she remembered as this one saw one of those shadows falling down onto their knees and laid on the ground. Like with the previous vision, it had now come to pass as it showed the final moments of the duel as Isaac was defeated by Starlight as he fell to the floor. At that moment, her mind felt a surge.

“Master! AHHH!!!!” yelled out Black Robe Mentalist as she let out a blood curled shriek as it shook her room and fell down as she laid on the floor.

“Girlfriend! What happened?!” said Mana as she happened to be passing by in the hallway and heard her friend scream.

“I… can’t feel Isaac.” said Black Robe Mentalist as clutched her head. Her mind was aching as the vision that she saw had come true. “Take me to Mahad, now!”

Mahad was busy doing some training with some of his fellow comrades in the combat grounds when he heard something.

“Mahad!”

“Mana! What is it?!” said the man as he saw his student as she held Black Robe Mentalist in her arms.

“It’s her,” said Mana.

“What’s wrong?” asked Mahad.

“Mahad, it’s Isaac,” said Black Robe Mentalist. She then put her hand out as Mahad grabbed it and used his magic to see what Black Robe Mentalist saw as it got him to have his eyes widened.

“The master, I… can’t feel him,” said Mahad.

At that moment, all of Isaac’s monsters in his deck halted as they let out a scream for a second as they felt something inside of them as they clutched their hearts. Soon the pain was gone as they all looked at each other. Back at the palace, Mahad looked at his hand as he could feel the connection with his master was now gone, or rather it was severed.

“Mahad, what do we do?” asked Mana.

“Get her to the infirmary. Make sure she’s alright.” informed the adult.

“Alright, Mahad. Let’s go, girlfriend.” said Mana as she started to lead her friend to get checked up.

“Breaker!”

“Yes, master Mahad.”

“Check on our comrades, see how they’re doing. I fear the worst.”

“At once, my liege.” said Breaker the Magical Warrior as he went off.

“I must check on the master.” Mahad put his hand out and tried to open a portal to check on Isaac, but nothing was coming out. “I can’t appear before my master. Then it’s worse than I thought.” Mahad then teleported himself to the library of the palace where he taught as he pulled out a scroll and pen as he began to scribble something. “I must get a letter to Lady Priestess, I am not able to communicate with my master. But the least I can do is get Lady Sparkle informed of what’s happened.” Mahad finished writing his message as he sent it away.

High Priestess of Prophecy was currently in her personal library as she sat in a chair with her legs crossed as she had a cup of tea levitating next to her as she was currently reading a book.

“Twilight would love this book.” smiled the female as she thought of her master. Soon a scroll appeared before her.

“Well now,” she then closed her book and looked at the seal as it belonged to Isaac’s Dark Magician. “A message from Mahad, perhaps he’s finally following in his Master Isaac’s footsteps. Though if he thinks that simply asking me to go on patrol is his idea of asking me out on a date, he needs to do better.” chuckled Priestess as she grabbed the scroll and looked at it. She began to read it as her playful expression turned into a serious one. Once she finished the letter, she immediately teleported to her room.

“If what Mahad said is true, then there’s something that’s happened to him and Isaac,” said the women. “I may not be able to communicate with Twilight the same way as Mahad and Mana do with their master. But I can at least get a message to Twilight through her dreams.” said the magician as she started to use her hand as she started to draw some magical lines made of energy as she made a symbol. Once it was completed, Priestess then closed her eyes as she concentrated on contacting her master.

“Twilight, wake up. It’s Isaac.” said the woman.

Twilight was asleep in her room as she was dreaming. She then tossed and turned a bit as she was hearing a voice in her sleep.

“Uh… uh…” said Twilight.

“Twilight… Twilight…” said Priestess as she was reaching out to her mistress.

“Who’s there? Who’s talking?” muttered the girl.

“Twilight… wake up… it’s Isaac,” said her monster.

“Isaac… Isaac… Isaac!!!” shouted the girl as her eyes opened up as she sat up with some sweat rolling down her eyes. When Twilight sat up she unintentionally knocked off Spike who was sleeping on her bed as he hit the ground with a dog yelp.

“Twilight?” asked the dog.

“It’s Isaac… something’s happened to him.” said the girl as she looked at her deck and her hand.


Twilight was now running through the school as she was concerned. For some reason something was telling her something happened to Isaac during his duel with Starlight as it got the girl to be legit scared. She turned the corner as she saw the door to the nurse’s room as she saw a few other students crowding the door.

“Did you hear what happened to Isaac?” said one student.

“Something about not dueling again.” said another student as they were chattering among themselves while trying to listen in on the conversation inside.

“Get the hell out of my way, everybody!!!” screamed Twilight as everybody let her pass without hesitant as she opened the door and entered the room.

Twilight entered the place and saw the girls all standing together a few feet apart from Isaac as he was sitting down and awake as Nurse Redheart was touching his forehead as she did her final evaluations on the boy’s health. Principal Celestia and Vice-Principal Luna had told the nurse about the situation and wished they could stay but they had some business to take care of for the school. So they let the girls stay with Isaac and tell them if anything happened.

“What happened?” asked Twilight.

“Twilight, glad you’re here.” said Sunset as she gave her friend a hug.

“So what? There’s the rumor going around that Isaac can’t duel anymore.” asked the bookworm.

“Well, that’s what we’re figuring out.” stated Rainbow. “Cause according to Isaac, he can’t see any of his cards.” said the chromatic girl as she pulled out his deck from inside her jacket as she gave it to Twilight.

“He claims they’re all blank,” said Applejack.

For the girls, Isaac’s cards were visible. But for the boy himself, all he could see when he looked at his cards were nothing but white.

“They look fine to me.” said Twilight as she fanned out Isaac’s entire deck and looked at all of his cards as she saw the same thing anybody else saw. “What’s the deal?”

“The cards aren’t the problem. It’s Isaac.” said Nurse Redheart as she finished her evaluations and had a clipboard in her hand as she sat across from the boy. “During his last duel, something must’ve happened to ‘im.”

“Are you messing with us, geek?”

“Ha ha. Not this time.” said Isaac. “Oh, well. What are ya gonna do?” Isaac then stood up as he approached Twilight and took his deck and began to walk towards the door.

“Where are you going, darling?”

“I just… need to chill by myself, Rarity.” said Isaac in a straight tone as he left through the door.

“Big bro must be devastated.” said Pinkie as she and the others all had concerned looks on their faces.

“Isaac can’t talk to his cards anymore,” said Sunset.

“What happened in that duel, Rarity?” asked Aj as she was told by the girl herself that she, Fluttershy, and Pinkie all followed Isaac to his battle with Starlight during the middle of the night as they fought under the blanket of darkness.

“Well, Isaac had his duel with Starlight. If you can call it that, it wasn’t a duel, it was a straight up fistfight for the both of them. All duel they only cared about taking the other out, trying to get rid of each other.” said Rarity. “I’ll admit, when I saw how Isaac was acting, I got scared. Starlight was able to drive Isaac towards his frustration and vice-versa.”

“What we saw was a shoot fight rather than a duel,” said Pinkie, “The brutality, the violence, the trash talking, all of it. They didn’t hold back with their punches.”

“In the end, they both were hurt and bruised, but… Starlight won.” said Fluttershy as it got the others to let out a huge gasp.

“You’re joking? No way Isaac lost.” said Rainbow as she looked at the shy girl to see if she was messing with her, but her face told she wasn’t. “No way.”

“The city slicker got defeated. Guess, Isaac really is mortal.” said Applejack as she took off her hat to pay respects.

“I never thought I would see the day where big bro would lose a duel.” said Pinkie as the last moments of the duel kept playing in her mind as she saw the person who was like her older sibling fall down.

“So what now?” said Twilight as the girls didn’t know what was going to happen next.

Isaac was walking through the hallway of the school as he had his hands in his pocket as he kept his head low as his cap covered his eyes. Some of the students saw him as they just did some small talk and went on their way as they let the boy pass without getting in his way. The CMC of all people saw their tutor walking as they stopped him in his tracks as they tried to cheer him up. Isaac just put his head down even lower as he rubbed each of their heads as he passed them by and continued to walk as the girls were left with sad faces. Isaac was now standing in front of the school as he looked at the building one last time.

If I can’t duel, what’s the point of staying here?

Isaac pulled out his deck as they remained blank through his eyes. He then put them back into his pocket as he started to walk, he passed by the statue in front of the school as the portal that connects it to Equestria flickered a bit when Isaac grazed his hand against it.


Somewhere in a secret place, there was someone who was lying down as they had their eyes closed. Their mind was busy dealing with something, soon they opened their eyes as their vision slowly became clear. The person looked around as they saw they were in bed, and in a room as it had a bookshelf in the corner, a table next to her, and some posters on the wall. Soon the door opened up as someone came in.

“You’re finally awake,” said the person.

“Sunburst?”

“Easy, Starlight. I’m here.” said the boy as he helped his friend to sit up as the girl had a bandana around her forehead.

“Where am I?” asked Starlight.

“You’re safe, you’re in our clubhouse.” said Sunburst.

“What am I doing here?” asked the girl. “Last I remember, I was dueling… dueling against… against…” Starlight’s fists now clenched as her memory was coming back to her. “What happened?”

“Maybe you should eat. You’ve been unconscious for three days.” stated Sunburst in a nervous and stuttering tone as he presented a tray to his friend.

“What happened!!!” demanded Starlight as she screamed at the boy.

“Starlight, eat.”

“Sunburst!!! What the hell happened!!!” yelled the girl.

“You… you… won the duel… but after that, you passed out.” said Sunburst as that answer got Starlight flip the tray of food over as all of it went splattering across the room as the girl was pissed.

“WHAT!!!!” shouted Starlight.

“Starlight!” called the boy as he saw his friend acting.

“I passed out after our duel! And what of Isaac?!”

“Well, he too passed out, but the next morning, I hacked into the school’s system like you’ve shown me and well, he was walking like normal.”

“He walked away on his own two feet and I had to be carried out?!!” Starlight was seething that despite her actually winning the duel against the boy, she wasn’t able to walk away confidently as she had to be carried out by her friend.

“Starlight, what’s the matter?” asked Sunburst as he was concerned for his friend.

“What’s the matter!!” said the girl as she got out of bed and then started to confront the boy as he backed away slowly as she was walking towards him as soon his back hit the wall as Starlight grabbed him by his shirt as she was seething.

“I made it a point to eliminate Isaac from my life and from this very existence. And if he’s still walking about, then that means my plan and my mission doesn’t become a reality.” said the girl. “As long as Isaac is breathing, as long as he’s walking, this war is not going to be over between me and him.”

“But you won.” spoke Sunburst.

Soon he felt something as Starlight brought her lips to his as it caused the boy to have his eyes widen. Starlight then pulled back as she looked at her friend. Sunburst felt a small smile coming which was quickly wiped off his face as Starlight slapped her friend in the face as it caused the boy to bring his hand up to his cheek as he could feel it starting to turn red as he turned back to look at the girl as she was pissed off.

“You think that I’m satisfied with seeing that Isaac is still standing. Did Alexander the Great think that just because his enemies surrendered, he was satisfied? No, he made sure everybody remembered him, he made sure they feared his reign, which is why he slaughtered those he took prisoners so that there was no one left standing to challenge him.” said the girl. “Did the Roman Empire survive as long as it did, cause it showed mercy to those that opposed them? NO!!! They made sure to send a clear message to others, they made an example that if anybody tried to take them on, they would give their family a special gift which contained the mangled and severed remains of those that opposed to say you mess with us, you die!!”

“But… Starlight…” said Sunburst. Starlight then pulled the boy up as she gave him another kiss on the lips and then slapped his face once more as this slap wiped the good feeling of the liplock as he fell onto the floor.

“I thought you understood, Sunburst! My plan, our plan is to change Duel Monsters and make it a game that is fun again! But that will never happen, as long as Isaac is standing and breathing. The only way we can move forward with the plan is to make sure that he is gone. He’s erased from my existence, our existence, and that I show everybody that I am the Best in the World!!!” screamed the girl to her friend as she towered over Sunburst. Starlight’s head then began to hurt as she collapsed onto her knees as she felt weak.

“Starlight!” said Sunburst as he caught her from hitting the ground. “You still need to rest.” He then carried her bridal style as he placed the girl on her bed as he tucked her in and kneeled by her side as Starlight was back to being unconscious.

“Don’t worry, Starlight. I’ll handle this for you, you just rest. I made a promise to be there by your side and to help you execute your idea and vision of change. I know only then, will I finally have a chance to possibly be more than just a friend to you.” said the boy as he gripped Starlight’s hand as he hoped that once Starlight’s plan was fulfilled, they could enjoy being happy with each other’s lives. Despite her hitting him, he was still willing to take Starlight’s punishment and treatment as he knew where his loyalty lies.


Starlight wasn’t the only one who was affected, during that same time from when she fainted and woke up, Isaac was dealing with a lot on his mind. The girls told his parents, and Mr. Johnson that Isaac was struggling with something. His parents tried to get their son to smile, but all he did was smile back for a second before returning back to his straight look as he looked at his blank cards and deck.

“So, you guys heard?” asked Shadow.

“Seems like Professor Isaac might not duel again.” stated Amber.

“Come on, you don’t really believe this shit.” said Jack. “I mean, it’s Isaac. One duel isn’t enough to get him down forever.”

“Yeah, but how often does he lose?” asked Bryant.

“He…” started off Jack as he saw the point of his companion.

“Isaac’s been undefeated, and while it may have been an unsanctioned duel, he still lost. And when you take your first big time loss in a long time, it affects you mentally, hard.” said Jason.

“So, what are our tutors saying?” suggested Penny.

“From what Applejack told me, we still need to make sure we’re ready for the Board of Education,” said Lucky Star, “as much as I hate to say it, but they’re right. The only way Isaac can come out from his little depressed state is himself, and even if he doesn’t ever duel again, the least we can do is make sure that his hard work isn’t for nothing. He’s done a lot for us, he picked us to help lead a revolution. So let’s honor him.”

“Agreed.” said all the students as they all put their hands in.

“For Isaac!” said the group as they all broke apart and headed in their separate directions to meet with each of their individual tutors.

Isaac was now on the rooftop as he was sitting as the breeze was blowing in his face. The wind brought the boy to look out at the sky as he couldn’t help but think back to what happened.

3 days since I lost to Starlight, and I still can’t see my cards. Isaac then looked over the horizon as for a second the image of his magicians and Kuriboh appeared and disappeared.

“Mahad? Mana? Kuriboh? Is that you all? Hello?!” said Isaac as he looked at the clouds while putting his hand over his face to block himself from being blinded by the sun’s rays. Isaac saw nothing but clouds as he let out a sigh; then reached into his deck box and pulled out his deck as he saw nothing but blank, white cards.

“Quit moppin’ already.” said a voice.

“Rainbow? What are you doing here?” asked Isaac as he saw the girl standing a few feet away from him as she looked out at the view.

“I came out here to think, all right?” said the chromatic girl, “Besides I was sick of everyone going on and on and on about how much they’re worried about you. Everywhere I go, it’s always Isaac, Isaac, Isaac! Ah, anyway… Is it true you can’t talk to your monsters anymore?”

“I guess,” said Isaac.

“Snap out of it, man!” shouted Rainbow. “And stop bumming everyone out!”

“Listen, Dash. Dueling is all I’ve ever cared about. And now, I can’t do the thing I love the most.”

“I know what you need. Let’s duel now.” stated Rainbow. “That’s the only way you’re gonna get over this! Come on! I’ll even go easy on ya!”

Isaac just stood up as he began to walk towards the stairs leading to the roof.

“Don’t walk away!” shouted the athletic girl. “Let’s get our game on!”

“Maybe later, Rainbow.” said Isaac as his back was turned to the girl as he gave a small salute and left.

“What a loser.” said the girl. Rainbow then took another glance at Isaac as he disappeared as she too had a face of sadness.

Sometime later the girls were all at the house when Pinkie came bursting through the door with a concerned look on her face.

“Girls, we have a problem on our hands!” shouted Pinkie.

“What is it, Pinkie?” asked Sunset.

“It’s Isaac! He’s gone! He grabbed all of his stuff and just took off!”

“He what?!” said the girls as they were shocked to hear that. Soon they all exited the house as they splitted off individually and began to search for their friend as the sun was slowly setting.

“Isaac!” shouted Rarity.

“Are you out there?!” shouted Rainbow.

“Can you hear me, big bro?” said Pinkie.

“Isaac, this isn’t funny!” stated Fluttershy as she let out some tears of sadness.

“City slicker, come on out!”

“Take it from someone who knows, boy toy! You can run, but you can’t escape your problems!” said Sunset.

“Isaac!!!!” shouted Twilight the loudest she could. “If you don’t come out right now, I’m breaking up with you! You hear me, we’re through!” Twilight hoped that response would get the boy to show himself, but nothing. “Isaac? Please, where are you?” said the girl as she looked up at the sky as the stars were coming out with the moon hanging high in the night sky.

Isaac was now looking at the school as he had his backpack over his left shoulder. Later, Canterlot High. I wish I could stay, but I can’t be here. Not until I find some answers. Isaac was now preparing himself to leave this place. He then started to walk.

“I wish things could be like they were before this all happened… back to when I could still see my cards… back when losing a duel didn’t mean losing your mind… back when I still had the will to duel.” said Isaac. “But that’s all in the past. What am I supposed to do now?” He then stopped in front of the CHS statue as he looked up at the nighttime sky.

“Hey, up there! How about giving me a sign!” yelled out Isaac. “Should I give up or duel again? Tell me.” Isaac’s eyes formed some tears as they rolled down his cheek.

Soon something caught Isaac’s attention, the statue that had the portal that connected his home and Equestria. Isaac looked at it, as it began to phase out and fizzle as soon a bright light was coming from it. The boy covered his eyes to avoid it blinding him as the light got brighter and brighter with each passing second. Soon it grew and eventually enveloped Isaac in it as soon it died down. Once the light died down, the statue’s portal returned back to its regular state but Isaac was nowhere to be found. The only thing that remained was his backpack on the ground, but Isaac… was gone.

PreviousChapters Next