• Published 10th Apr 2018
  • 8,768 Views, 359 Comments

Not Another Anon-a-Miss Fic - Justice3442



Sunset Shimmer goes to a couple slumber parties with her friends before Hearths Warming, and then a bunch of really stupid stuff happens.

  • ...
40
 359
 8,768

Break the Curse or Anon-a-Fix

That’s what COULD have Happened.

But how about this?


The bell of the shop’s front door rang.

“Yeah. It was us.”

The girls looked over as Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo all stood before them, all three looking particularly ashamed.

“WHAT?!” Rainbow Dash, Rarity, and Pinkie all exclaimed in unison as many of the girls rose to their feet.

“It’s pretty obvious if you think about it,” Twilight with an irritated expression on her face. “Sunset… is… is this how you feel like all the time?! Because, if so, I get why you can be so snippy!”

“Apple Bloom! How could you!” Applejack cried.

“Yeah!” Pinkie chimed in. “And why did you three just show up right as Sunset was going to reveal who the culprit was?!”

Apple Bloom shrugged. “Ah saw Sunset freak out and decided to get Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo so we could confess… Ah guess we just showed up specifically at the most convenient moment.”

“Well…” Pinkie Pie turned and stared directly at one of the shop’s four walls. “That’s just a reference I already made in the first alternate ending.”

“We didn’t mean it to go this far!” Apple Bloom insisted. “Honest!”

Sunset raised a hand. “Apple Bloom, it’s okay!”

“It is?!” The trio of new arrivals said in disbelief.

Sunset nodded. “This experience has taught me a valuable lesson about family.”

The girls around Sunset all smiled expectantly.

Sunset continued, “and that’s that it sure the flying fuck isn’t any of you deplorable cunt-knuckles.”

You could hear a pin drop.

Twilight swallowed. “Does that include me?”

Sunset leveled an index finger at Twilight. “You’re on probation!”

Twilight mulled that over for a moment. “That’s tough but fair.”

“Also, I live at your castle now!”

Twilight nodded. “Sure! I think you Spike and I will get along perfectly!” Twilight laughed. “Unless of course, we get someone else to live there who interrupts our dynamic in hilarious ways, amIright?!”

“Sounds oddly specific!” Sunset said. “But perfectly agreeable! Let’s roll!”

“B-but what about your life here, darling?!” Rarity exclaimed. “What about your life as a human?”

“Well…” Sunset pondered this for a moment. “There is one thing I’ll miss about living here.”

“Really?” Rainbow Dash asked, her face lighting up.

Sunset nodded. “Yep! The birds!”

Fluttershy smiled. “Oh, birdies? I love birdies.”

Sunset continued, “Specifically these two right here!” With that, Sunset raised her hands up and gave all the girls of Canterlot High the double deuce.

Some of the girls let out whimpers and others glared at the display in front of them.

“Twilight, help me out here,” Sunset requested.

“Uh… Oh!” Twilight added her two middle fingers to the mix. “Okay… but what does this mean?”

Sunset gently grabbed Twilight by the arm and walked them both to the door. “It sure the fuck doesn’t mean ‘peace amongst worlds,’” Sunset said as the bell to the café door rang. “Ponies OUT!” she added as she and Twilight departed, the door closing behind them.

For a long moment, no one said anything, all of them simply electing to stare at the door that Sunset and Twilight had just left through.

Finally, after a profound sense of dread had fallen over almost all the girls present, Applejack chuckled and looked at her friends. “What a bitch, am I ri—Whoa, Nelly!”

Applejack raised her hands up in front of her face as four glasses full of half drank items were suddenly lobbed at her.


Well, that was certainly a thing!


But what about…


The bell of the shop’s front door rang.

“Yeah. It was us.”

The girls looked over as Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo all stood before them, all three looking particularly ashamed.

“WHAT?!” Rainbow Dash, Rarity, and Pinkie all exclaimed in unison as many of the girls rose to their feet.

“It’s pretty obvious if you think about it,” Twilight with an irritated expression on her face. “Sunset… is… is this how you feel like all—”

Pinkie leaned over and covered Twilight’s mouth, much to the princess’s confusion. “Shhhhhh…” Pinkie said as she raised a finger to her lips. “Let’s just move this along, shall we?”

“We didn’t mean it to go this far!” Apple Bloom insisted. “Honest!”

“But why did you do it?” Sunset asked, leaning her hand on the table.

“Because… because of you, Sunset,” Apple Bloom admitted at she looked down at her feet. “I was jealous that my sister was spendin’ time with you and her friends and family. I wanted to make you look bad. So I made up Anon-a-Miss and posted the story about Applejack and made it look like you’d done—”

Pinkie’s hand shot up into the air. “It’s fiiiiIIIIIiiiine~” she warbled. “The relatively few of us here who haven’t heard this can piece together the rest, I’m sure.”

A face mire with confusion came over Sunset. “I… I don’t actually know what to think about any of this… or what to do…” she admitted.

“I do,” Twilight said.

Sunset gave her friend a warm smile. “Oh… well of course you do,” Sunset said, “you always know just what to say… erm… usually…”

Twilight nodded then looked Sunset Shimmer dead in the eye. “We should set fire to everyone here, then burn down the school for good measure.”

A series of confused and alarmed “What?”s erupted from the group, no more confused or alarmed than Sunset Shimmer’s.

Twilight thought for a moment. “No, no wait… that’s ludicrous.”

“I’ll say!” Sunset exclaimed.

Twilight continued, “We better destroy the planet and every living thing on it…”

Sunset worked her mouth for a few moments, words taking slightly longer to come out of it than usual. “Twi-Twilight… You’re the most forgiving, trusting person or pony I know!”

Twilight shrugged. “Friendship apparently means nothing in this world, I’m disappointed in basically everyone, and you know what?” Twilight pointed to herself with her thumb. “Princess of Friendship, bitches! I can’t have this way of thinking infecting anywhere else!” Twilight did an about face and walked towards the café’s door. “Come on, Sunset. Let’s go back to Equestria and figure out how to end this fucked up planet that’s apparently devoid of morality or rational thinking!”

“Uh… Okay!” Sunset said as she chased after Twilight. “But I think you’re missing the irony in your statement!”

“Don’t care!” Twilight said as the door closed behind Sunset causing the bell of the café to ring once more. “I’m thinking we make a spell that erases this entire plane of existence,” Twilight paused for a moment then added, “It’s the only way to be sure.”

“… Twilight, what the actual fuck?”


Well!

Or maybe…


The bell of the shop’s front door rang.

“It wasn’t us!”

“Huh… that’s new!” Pinkie quipped as the CMC stood before the rest of the girls, something human-shaped and a bit larger than them tied up under a tarp with a burlap sack over its head.

“What in tarnation is going on here?!” Applejack demanded.

“We caught her!” Sweetie Belle exclaimed. “We caught the real Anon-a-Miss!”

Sunset gave the three girls in front of her a skeptical look. “Girls, I really wish it wasn’t you, but you’re the only logical suspects!”

“But what about illogical!” Scootaloo suggested.

Sunset Shimmer groaned. “I tried that already. I accused everyone at school!” Sunset hugged herself and shivered. “Even Principal Celestia… She didn’t stop crying for hours because she was so hurt…”

“Everyone except ONE!” Apple Bloom said. With that, the girls took off the sack.

Everyone gasped.

“Nurse Redheart!” Sunset exclaimed.

“Bleh! It’s me!” Nurse Redheart said.

“But… but how?!” Sunset exclaimed. “And more importantly, why?!”

Redheart smiled evilly. “For the blood!” Her smile faded slightly. “I mean… I’d have thought that was pretty obvious.”

Faces tightened across the room.

“I don’t understand,” Sunset said.

“Oh! Well, I guess it wasn’t obvious then!”

“You said you already had a huge stockpile!”

“Yesssssss!” Redheart hissed. “But it wasn’t enough! I needed more! Even with the friendship games coming up, the occasional magic attacks, the frankly, incredibly… just incredibly irresponsible things we let our students do in general at school… I still needed more! And you, Sunset Shimmer… you were the perfect scapegoat! All I had to do was make an amazingly obvious site that pointed to you so hard, you’d have to be woozy from constant blood loss to even suspect it could be you!”

Sunset’s eyes narrowed. “Oh, you clever bitch!”

Nurse Redheart’s smile grew even wider, showing off a pair of pointed fangs in her mouth.

“But why me?!” Sunset demanded. “You caused all this drama by opening one little My Stable page! Even without making me a suspect, the school would have no doubt descended into the chaos it did anyway.”

“Oh! Uhhh…. Hrmmm…” Redheart shrugged. “You got me there. Fuck you, in particular, I guess?”

Sunset grumbled in annoyance. “Okay, but how? How did you find out about AJ’s nickname or get the pictures from my phone?!”

“Haven’t you figured it out?!” Redheart cried. “I’m a fuck mothering vampire!” And with an evil laugh that echoed off the walls of the café, Redheart’s body seemed to disappear in a puff of white smoke, only to be replaced by a large albino bat that hovered over the crumpled sheet and ropes.

The room filled with mysterious mist, the girls all began to cough and sputter.

“Cough-cough-She’s escaping!” Twilight exclaimed as she pointed towards the café door.

“Ahahahahahaha!” Bat Redheart smacked directly into the closed door. ‘Thump!’ “Ow!” ‘Thump!’ “Shit! I didn’t think this through! ‘Thump!’ “Gha! I don’t have any hands…” She flapped and turned around to face the girls. “Little help?”

“Are you outta yer cotton pickin’ mind?!” Applejack exclaimed as she tossed her hands in the air.

“Yeah, I gotcha,” Sunset said as she walked over towards the door.

“What?!” Applejack exclaimed. “Sunset! What the actual fuck?!”

“It’s fine,” Sunset said. “I just want this to be over.”

With a ring of the café bell, the door was open.

Redheart gave out a triumphant laugh. “Over?! Oh, my poor, naive, girls! It has only JUST begun!”

Sunset rolled her eyes as she held the door open. “Would you leave, already?”

With that, Nurse Redheart flew outside. “HAHAHAH-AHHHH!”

And into direct sunlight.

“Fuck! FUCK! I forgot it was daytime outside! Ahhh! And there go my wings! Shit!”

‘Plop!’

“And my torso… and my he-”

Smiling smugly to herself, Sunset let the door close and clapped her hands to together in a quick rubbing motion.

For a few moments, no one said anything.

Pinkie walked over and leaned over the three freshman girls. “It’s okay!” she said as she placed her hands on Sweetie Belle’s and Scootaloo’s shoulders as she looked down at Apple Bloom. “You three can say it this time.”

The three girls looked at each other, then stared at the now closed café door as they watched what looked like a large pile of ash began to blow away outside.

“What the actual fuck?”


But here’s what really happened…


The bell of the shop’s front door rang.

“It wasn’t us!”

“Oh, this again!” Pinkie exclaimed as the CMC stood before the rest of the girls, something round, human-shaped, and quite a bit larger than them tied up under a tarp with a burlap sack over its head.

“What in tarnation is going on here?!” Applejack demanded.

“We caught him!” Sweetie Belle exclaimed.

“Him!” Pinkie said excitedly. “That’s new!”

“We caught the real Anon-a-Miss!”

Sunset gave the three girls in front of her a skeptical look. “Girls, I really wish it wasn’t you, but you’re the only logical suspects!”

“But what about illogical!” Scootaloo suggested.

Sunset Shimmer groaned. “I tried that already. I accused everyone at school!” Sunset hugged herself and shivered. “Even Principal Celestia… She didn’t stop crying for hours because she was so hurt…”

Pinkie frowned. “Okay, but we heard all that before…”

“But it wasn’t someone from school!” Apple Bloom said. With that, the girls took off the sack.

Everyone gasped.

“Middle-aged man Pander Bun!” Sunset exclaimed.

Twilight looked the light-skinned bespectacled man with a goatee and close-cropped hair that began slightly past his forehead. “… Who?”

“What!” Pander Bun scoffed once, twice, then a third time. “Middle-aged?!”

Sunset raised an eyebrow. “But why, though?” she raised a palm to the air. “More importantly, how?”

“He did it with this!” Apple Bloom exclaimed as she produced a perfectly smooth sphere that glowed a dull, brown color.

Sunset and her friends of Canterlot High all inched forward and peered at the mysterious item. “Okay…” Sunset said. “What the hell is that!”

Twilight gasped. “The ID-10-T ball!”

Everyone turned and looked at Twilight.

Twilight continued. “It’s an ancient artifact created by the mage Ignoramus Dunce the Twit! The tenth and only successful artifact he ever created.”

Sunset’s eyes shifted to her right. “Oh… I remember that. He created an item to dumb down all his peers because he was tired of not being the smartest… Also, probably because his parents named him ‘Ignoramus Dunce’ and he was understandably pissed off about that.” Sunset turned back to Pander. “Okay, but why?”

Pander offered Sunset a weak smile. “Well, in the right hands, I found that the ID-10-T tool can be a powerful narrative tool!”

“…That is not at all what I asked,” Sunset said. “Also… I disagree vehemently at least with the implication that your hands are the right ones! I mean… This was, hands down, the worst week of my life and that includes the time I nearly destroyed the school and tried to take over Equestria!”

Pander sighed. “Well… it was necessary.”

“For what?!”

“To teach you the true meaning of family.”

Sunset paused. “I… I literally figured that out the night before you started fucking up my life.” Sunset produced her journal and opened it. “HERE!” she said pointing to the words ‘I feel like I finally have a family again.’

Pander frowned. “Okay well… Look… I wanted to do this before the sirens attacked, but… time makes fools of us all!”

Sunset narrowed her eyes. “I’m going to stab you now!”

“Wait a minute!” Pander exclaimed. “I mean… think about it! Had this happened before you saved the school, this would have made waaaay more sense.”

The girls thought for a moment.

“Erm… I guess it would be harder to trust Sunset before she proved herself,” Fluttershy admitted.

Rarity glanced at the journal in Sunset’s hand. “And she wouldn’t be able to write Twilight in the journal…”

“See, see!” Pander said, nodding enthusiastically.

Applejack raised an eyebrow. “That wouldn’t explain why my sister and her friends started posting everyone’s secrets, though.”

Rainbow Dash’s eyes crossed for a moment. “Or why Scootaloo even got involved? I mean... she really likes me!”

Sweetie Belle spoke up, "More like worships the ground you walk on!" Sweetie Belle nodded to Scootaloo who was busy petting a hairbrush filled with loose strands of hair the color of the rainbow and whispering sweet nothings to it. She quickly noticed she was the center of attention and hid the brush behind her with an embarrassed smile.

"Uh..." Rainbow Dash quickly knocked back the rest of her shake as if the sugary, sweet substance could erase what she just saw. "As I was saying... showing everyone I got an 'F' just sucks! It doesn't help me spend time with anyone!" Rainbow Dash shook her head. "I mean, what the actual fuck? ...In regards to that and that thing I just had to see right now..."

“No wait!” Pander exclaimed. “You’re thinking about it too hard!”

Sunset spoke up, “Or why it took me almost an entire week to figure out a logical culprit when I knew it couldn’t have been me…”

“Or how I got completely cheated out of any bullying whatsoever!”

Everyone stopped and stared at Pinkie.

“Pinkie, you don’t have any shame,” Sunset pointed out. “That’s probably why you got left out.”

“Oh, yeah!” Pinkie said. “Okay… how about the fact that school faculty did nothing about any of this!”

“That’s a good point!” Twilight chimed in with a nod.

“Okay, okay!” Pander exclaimed. “So, I maybe could have thought things through better!”

Maybe?!” Sunset sneered in disbelief.

“Look, it’s okay!” Pander said. “I got a nice, sweet ending, completely devoid of unfortunate implications in mind! All you have to do is untie me and give me back that super-useful narrative tool that’s not at all a crutch!”

Sunset turned and looked at her friends. “I don’t know girls, what do you think?”

Applejack raised an eyebrow. “Ah say Ah’ll hold him down and ya’ll take turns working him over.’”

“What?! HEY!” Pander exclaimed.

Sunset pointed at Applejack. “Now THAT’S the kind of family I want to be part of!”

Applejack smiled wickedly and strutted over to Pander. “Yippee-kai-yay, motherfucker,” she said as she grappled Pander tightly.

“Noooo! Twilight! Please stop this!” Pander pleaded.

Twilight glared back at Pander. “The Princess of Friendship abides.”

“Ahhh! NO! NO!”

‘POW!’

“OW!”

Twilight shrugged. “Maybe next time don’t fuck with my friends and my heads.”

‘SMACK!’

“OW!”

“FLUTTERSHY HELP!” Pander cried.

“Erm, we’re going to fuck your shit up, now… even if that’s not okay with you.”

‘KICK!’

“OW! Oh that’s it! I will have my REVENGE!”

‘CLOBBER!’

“AHH! I MEAN IT! I’M GOING TO WRITE A STAR SWIRL THE BEARDED RAP OFF WITH THE DAZZLINGS STORY!”

‘THUD!’

“Ghhhh! Hahahaha-OUCH!- and there’s not a DAMN thing-AHHHH-that you or anyone else can do about-GRRRK-it!”

-~A few years later~-

“Stygian was a pony like the rest of us, though more scholar than hero. He recognized our emerging world would need champions to defend it.”

Pander stared at the TV screen dejectedly. “Awwww, man!”

The End

Author's Note:

Closing thoughts on the comic (1:22):

Congrats to those who guessed a LITERAL idiot ball. You should be proud. Also, for the record, the writer of this debacle has produced some IDW pony comics I legitimately have enjoyed… Good thing, too. It was hard not to name the character “Blanderson.”

And, once again, thanks to all those awesome and beautiful people in the description of this fic! Hopefully between all of us we let beauty come out of ashes. :pinkiesmile:

Comments ( 62 )

Alright I’m just going to come out an ask here so forgive me for this.
What is anon-a-miss and why is there so many stories about it?

8946188

Anon-a-miss was a fuster cluck of an IDW Christmas Special comic released a while back.

It has so many stories about it, because it took the worst part of the Gabby Gums episode, removed 90% of a plausible reasoning for doing it at all - much less continuing to do it. Then turned the whole thing into a trauma conga line for Sunset in particular, and the CMC were instantly forgiven, despite effectively ruining their sisters' and Sunsets lives out of spite.

A lot of writers feel the need to fix it, so they try.

8946194
Oh goodness that does sound like something. :rainbowderp:

Gabby gums did always seem to me like a lowpoint for the CMC, but I was glad everything worked out at the end of the episode.

I can only imagine how it must of went Down in the comic with them ruining everyone’s lives and getting off Scott free .

Personally I’m for the Ponies out ending. But the ball makes more sense.

It-it's beautiful

Top work, proper giggle reading this though I will miss best Nurse/NOTVampire

8946203
There's no reason she can't show up in other EqG fics I might write. I don't have any immediate plans to have her star in a fic, but her personality is certainly a winner.

8946199
Most of AJ's lines and the first ending from the penultimate chapter - save the blood and Krampus undertones, were lifted straight from it. So they did get six month's detention, but yeah, that was literally the only punishment.

:rainbowhuh:



......What the actual fuck!?

That’s what COULD have Happened.

But how about this?

I think I'm going to prefer this.

“Well…” Pinkie Pie turned and stared directly at one of the shop’s four walls. “That’s just a reference I already made in the first alternate ending.”

Classy.

Sunset continued, “and that’s that it sure the flying fuck isn’t any of you deplorable cunt-knuckles.”

WHOA! I mean you're not wrong, but WHOA!

Twilight mulled that over for a moment. “That’s tough but fair.”

Accurate.

Twilight nodded. “Sure! I think you Spike and I will get along perfectly!” Twilight laughed. “Unless of course, we get someone else to live there who interrupts our dynamic inhilariousways, amIright?!”

What?

Sunset continued, “Specifically these tworight here!”With that, Sunset raised her hands up and gave all the girls of Canterlot High the double deuce.

She's great.

Well, that was certainly a thing!


But what about…

What?

Twilight nodded then looked Sunset Shimmer dead in the eye. “We should set fire to everyone here, then burn down the school for good measure.”

What?

Twilight shrugged. “Friendship apparently means nothing in this world, I’m disappointed in basically everyone, and you know what?” Twilight pointed to herself with her thumb. “Princess of Friendship, bitches! I can’t have this way of thinking infecting anywhere else!” Twilight did an about face and walked towards the café’s door. “Come on, Sunset. Let’s go back to Equestria and figure out how toendthis fucked up planet that’s apparently devoid of morality or rational thinking!”

... You're turning into Zamasu. Or Goku Black. No real difference.

“But… but how?!” Sunset exclaimed. “And more importantly, why?!”

This I gotta hear.

Redheart smiled evilly. “For the blood!” Her smile faded slightly. “I mean… I’d have thought that was pretty obvious.”

...

Sunset’s eyes narrowed. “Oh, you clever bitch!”

Indeed.

“Haven’t you figured it out?!”Redheart cried.“I’m a fuck mothering vampire!”And with an evil laugh that echoed off the walls of the café, Redheart’s body seemed to disappear in a puff of white smoke, only to be replaced by a large albino bat that hovered over the crumpled sheet and ropes.

You do not deserve that title.

Smiling smugly to herself, Sunset let the door close and clapped her hands to together in a quick rubbing motion.

...

Twilight looked the light-skinned bespectacled man with a goatee and close-cropped hair that began slightly past his forehead. “… Who?”

The real Justice3442 maybe?

Twilight continued. “It’s an ancient artifact created by the mage Ignoramus Dunce the Twit! Thetenthandonlysuccessful artifact he ever created.”

That'd do it.

“Oh, yeah!” Pinkie said. “Okay… how about the fact that school faculty didnothingabout any of this!”

I want to make a joke, but I remember in my high school, there was no bullying BECAUSE the teachers actively gave a shit. Yes I'm real. I'm also in Europe, because I doubt that would ever happen in America.

Applejack smiled wickedly and strutted over to Pander. “Yippee-kai-yay, motherfucker,” she said as she grappled Pander tightly.

Now that's the first correct thing you've said in this entire story.

Twilight glared back at Pander. “The Princess of Friendship abides.”

Ooof.

Twilight shrugged. “Maybe next time don’t fuck with my friends and my heads.”

Noted.

Closing thoughts on the comic (1:22):

I can do you one better: img00.deviantart.net/1163/i/2018/026/7/0/this_comic_sucks___linkara_by_kouliousis-dc18b76.jpg

...oh yeah, I definitely prefer this to what we got.

THANK YOU.

It was nice to see a twist - SEVERAL twists - on the whole mess and I appreciate that (even in jest) - you did the "CMC didn't do it" thing, which is something I've been waiting for someone to do.



(Why do I think that, you might ask? Doing that it turns the whole thing into a more interesting thing - first a mystery, second, perhaps the opening salvo of something new an interesting.


I am vanishingly unlikely to write anything of the sort myself, but I have imagined one possibilty thusly - Applebloom turns up to the girls with a laptop, proudly annoucing she and the CMC, steamed about how everyone is treating Sunset, decided to do a little investigation of their own and worked out where Anon-o-Miss was posting from in the school library. They set up a camera to film it (but in their excitement didn't check the footage before rushing to show it off) and she loads up the footage, grandly annoucing that Anon-o-Miss is... *dramatic music* Herself. To her complete astonishment, disbelief and not a little fear. *cliffhanger*)

8946194
I'd argue some aren't trying to fix it, they just want to pile on the angst and bitterness in the name of "realism."

Or you know, just go all out with the violence, hatred, and everyone being an unforgivable asshole as some kind of personal catharsis.

8946227
With that Linkara quote, I'd say go for the way he says it on "Justice League: Act of God".

8946290

I don’t think I’ve found an anon a miss story that actually tries to fix it.

Ri2

Phew. That was much better than the previous chapter's ending.

And I suspected Redheart was a vampire due to the garlic. Although...how can she have a day job at school? There are windows with sun shining through everywhere. I'd ask how she commutes, but she probably has her coffin hidden on school grounds. And the Crusaders were able to get her to Sugar Cube Corner using the sack. Yeah.

Okay, I definately prefer any of these endings to the one in the previous chapter, cause fuck me that was depressing. I mean seriously, look, I'm just going to say it. WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK!?

8946273
A lot of people focus on the CMC because they get away so easily. The problem I find is that EVERYONE is guilty of being incredibly mean, stupid, or most often BOTH in the comic. I'm sure many want justice (no pun intended) by the end and it must sting that CMC are barely punished and possibly even rewarded for their actions.

While this irks me, the other problem I have is, like everyone else in the comic, this isn't the CMC we know. Sure, in the show they can lose sight of things and have caused damage, both involving property and emotions, but they usually mean well or have some sort of outside influence pushing them to the "dark side". In Gabby Gums they caused plenty of harm, but ponies initially LOVED their stories until they ended up in the paper (which is part of the moral that I think gets lost, quite a few of the cast members don't see the harm in what GG is doing until THEY'RE the ones in print). The CMC also recognized it had gone too far but Diamond Tiara blackmailed them. HERE they start with mostly selfish desires, go MUCH further with the information they release (Gabby Gum stories where embarrassing, but the comic pretty much states some of the secrets released are causing drastic life changes), and are clearly making as many miserable as they are happy... and little of it makes sense with what we've seen from them. Let's not forgot that wanting to spend more time with their siblings comes up a lot in the show proper, and what usually happens is the girls will get mad AT their sibling for not paying enough attention, not place that blame on an outside source.

Also, you reminded me of a small point I accidentally left out that I added to the second to last chapter, so thanks for that. :twilightsmile: I'll add it to a blog post so people don't Anon-a-Miss out (and yeah... also gonna use that pun in the title :derpytongue2: )

8946509
That pretty much confirms what I've heard about the comic in question. Which is why I think that making it be some villain behind the scenes - or your own final solution (or your first!), which is nearly the same thing - would make the events make more sense.

As it is, the impression I get from it that it is so bad that it the thing as it stands is not worth paying any attention to, aside from twisting it up in horrible ways.

It might conceivably e the worst MLP comic yet, and the Siege of the Crystal Empire was pretty awful.

(I think the MLP comics, excellent as they otherwise are (present company excluded) should never, ever, ever be allowed to use Sombra because WOW can they not do anything remotely good with him. The Siege of the Crystal Empire arc should have been the best one yet, but because they seem to have this utterly bizarre fixation with making Sombra a sympathetic villain (y'know, the only one in the entire show who was OUTRIGHT KILLED (Storm King mnight be debatable)) which is so far removed from what we have seen of him in canon to defy belief. I seriously buy Chrissy and Tirek (let alone the Dazzlings) being far more sympathetic, yet in Fiendship is Magic, SOMBRA (notably the only actual pony... species bias?) they one they chose to try and give a Tragic Backstory to. When he was supposed to be fricking Sauron!

...

I'm sorry, I went totally off on one entirely unrelated to largely anything there, didn't I?)

Twilight shrugged. “Maybe next time don’t fuck with my friends and my heads.”

Yeah, only she, Cadance, and Starlight are allowed to do that! And (if we count non magical head screwing) Discord, Celestia and Philomena, the mane 6 minus Rainbow Dash, the entire town of Ponyville minus Rainbow Dash, and a few others I’m pretty sure I’m missing (villain actions get a pass, they are villains after all). ... MLP really loves fucking with people’s heads.

Side note, while moving it before Rainbow Rocks does fix a few parts of the comic internally, going from it to Rainbow Rocks is still really bad, as they just went through all that and are still leaving Sunset out in the sidelines and still not trusting her (treating her worse than the start of the comic).

In all seriousness, this story was pretty great. The comedy was spot on, with the usual Justice flair on the characters. The twists and turns, while a bit predictable (I do feel dumb about forgetting the Idiot Ball exisisted in these stories) were still fun to read. That original ending in particular was pretty horrifying.

The only real complaint I have was that some parts were hard to follow. There were a few scenes where there was a lot going on and were difficult for me to parse (though that may be intentional given the source material).

Yeah, not much else to say, it was fun. I do want more, though I’m pretty sure it would wear out its welcome if it went for much longer.

8946290
That’s normal for pretty much everything that happens in the show, Anon-A-Miss just gets more attention because it has a lot and often hits featured.

8946675
Starlight would have made more sense, in a somewhat horrifying way, but yeah... Twilight has probably lost weeks of sleep to just late night reading. I can imagine her using spells to keep herself from falling asleep before she'd let a friend die. Sorry, die's not quite right here... DIE and then become a MURDER tree! It's also kinda a wonder no one told the rest of the cast? Did Twilight think that maybe she should drop a little "Hey guys, Zecora is probably going to turn into a tree that we'll need to burn for everyone's safety after the fact..." just, you know as a courtesy?! Maybe she figured it would disrupt everyone's sleeping schedules a bit too much to let them know. :ajbemused:

8946712
I kinda figured Cadences power sort of reminds pony the love they feel for each other rather than being total mind control. It's still arguably a form of manipulation, but not really as egregious as what Starlight did... I don't have any words to defend Starlight here, just... what the actual fuck, Starlight?

Ahh...

That was a satisfying ending. I should've seen a metanarrative resolution coming. Thank you for a fantastic dismantling of one of the more ham-handed pony comics.

And seriously, Applejack. What the actual fuck?

Ri2

8946825
How big would that braid be for a human?

And poor Oddjob, she looks so tired...

8946862
With Equestria girls proportions, I'd imagine it being like half the size of her chest (only because her hair is braided). Let's not forget how much hair these girls have.

Ri2

8946928
I was wondering more along the lines of length, but yeah, they DO have a lot of hair don't they?

8947038
The alarming thing here is I'm often lifting lines straight out of the comic, or at least expanding on the implications the things they say and do mean.

Finally, after a profound sense of dread had fallen over almost all the girls present, Applejack chuckled and looked at her friends. “What a bitch, am I ri—Whoa, Nelly!”

Applejack raised her hands up in front of her face as four glasses full of half drank items were suddenly lobbed at her.

I think I'm gonna call you Applejackass from now on.

Twilight shrugged. “Friendship apparently means nothing in this world, I’m disappointed in basically everyone, and you know what?” Twilight pointed to herself with her thumb. “Princess of Friendship, bitches! I can’t have this way of thinking infecting anywhere else!” Twilight did an about face and walked towards the café’s door. “Come on, Sunset. Let’s go back to Equestria and figure out how to end this fucked up planet that’s apparently devoid of morality or rational thinking!”

*Twilight dials a cell phone*
Hello, Thanos? Can I borrow the gauntlet?

Twilight gasped. “The ID-10-T ball!”

...Are you freaking kidding me.

“Haven’t you figured it out?!”Redheart cried.“I’m a fuck mothering vampire!”

I appreciate this reference.

Also... goddamn what a tale this was, if you could even call it that :rainbowlaugh: Hahahaha, just the insanity of it is... amazing, truly amazing.

Good work on this dude, good work!

This has been Dustchu, signing out, for now.

I don't read the comics, and from learning this is based off one, I'm kind of glad I don't. I'll check out info they've given in the wiki, but that's it.

Oh thank you!


The lack of savage ass kicking was making my head throb.

I was expecting Sunset to go all 0:51

8949041
Nice catch. :pinkiehappy:


8949250
A sizeable portion of this chapter is how the comic actually ends. It feels crazy out of character, and just plain crazy to me.

8950335
The final and real ending of the fic explains that.

God, I love Clue.

“Haven’t you figured it out?!”Redheart cried.“I’m a fuck mothering vampire!”
Huh. Guess I should have just read the last chapter before commenting.Now, the real question is whether Redheart is still canonically a vampire (in your Justice-verse, not the show, obviously), since this ending didn't happen. Maybe?
“Wait a minute!” Pander exclaimed. “I mean… think about it! Had this happened before you saved the school, this would have made waaaay more sense.”
Yep, definitely should have read the last chapter before commenting. That said, the writers don't get to complain about timing because they could have made the story a flashback to before the second movie, instead of setting it after. It was within their power and they didn't.

Anyway, not sure how I feel about the blatant metatextualness of the final ending. The IDIOT ball, I can accept but Pander flat out said his reasons were narrative, which... gets weird, since he's a character in the story, himself.

8949048
The sad part is a good portion of the comics are pretty freaking good. But once & a while you have shit like this.

*Finishes story, then slowly leans back in his chair*

Okay then.....

I’m not exactly sure what in the I just read here. This was the most disjointed and confusing thing I’ve ever read. It was still funny as heck, as expected from you. However, I was completely lost after the first chapter.

I think I’m going to go take a break for a moment before I pull a Sunset and have an aneurism.

There, see? I don't need to write. I have you. You even have been marathoning HISHE as of writing this chapter. Actually that kind of bothers me too. While I had a "parallel thought" hypothesis running ever since I read Foundation & Empire (note to self: get all of this series), seeing it in action and including my own thoughts is making the hardcore individualist in me extremely uncomfortable. And since that's the aspect of my being with the weighted gloves in my battles with depression, I'm kind of inclined to cater to it.

Ah, nothing like a brain full of crack at three in the morning.

Applejack raised an eyebrow. “Ah say Ah’ll hold him down and ya’ll take turns working him over.’”

y'all
___________

This chapter was epic. Hell this story was miles better than 99.99% of Anon-A-Miss fics out there.

... This is the prequal to the Madverse aint it? The bit with Sunset and Celestia was the tip off.

9077715
The series with the REAL ending certainly works as a prelude to MADness. :rainbowwild:

8946825
You've probably been asked this a dozen times, but important question: Now that I see she wears one, can Oddjob throw her hat?

Not a good one I'm afraid.

Dan

8946194
8946188
With Cyberbullying become an increasing problem, lots of media feel the need to do a "Very Special Episode" type thing on the topic.

Anyone see that S.W.A.T. 'school shooting' episode a couple weeks back? Textbook.
https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/VerySpecialEpisode
https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SomeAnvilsNeedToBeDropped

9405175
Why did you ping me and not the person who asked the bloody question?

9405071
I still subconsciously base my headcanon on this story, I think.

Man I'd have to admit that was the funniest chapter I've ever read! 😆 The alternate endings were funny as hell!

That’s what COULD have Happened.

I, too, count Clue as one of my favorite movies...

9792166
Nah, she lives with her aunts. Orphanloo exists only in fandom now.

Comment posted by RDDash deleted Jan 2nd, 2020
Login or register to comment