• Published 20th Mar 2017
  • 19,801 Views, 612 Comments

Love is Harsh - MaxBeezy



So, I thought it would be a good idea to ask Ms. Harshwinny on a date. Considering how it turned out, it's not the worst idea I ever had.

Comments ( 84 )

Damn. Sad to see the best Harshwhinny romance story is complete. Will there be any slice of life side stories or is this it?

Cute AF.

What a way to end. It's been fun.

👏👏👏

Wow, it’s over and as a bonus a day after my birthday.

MaxBreezy, let me be the first to congratulate you on your achievement. You have written a wonderful story that for many of us, it will go into our favorites in library to be read at a later date.

Thank you for your great story, have a wonderful 2018.

This was so good I absolutely loved it

i woner if there will be a sequal with little hybrids running around

Beautiful ending I've been reading this since you posted the first chapter and I can say I am not disappointed. Great story continue the great work.

Damn, what a ride you offered us! Thanks for the amazing story dude!

This is one of the most cheesy, love filled, sincere, and believable love stories I've read so far. I like it. A LOT.

This was a great story. Loved how you made things come to a grand conclusion for them. Thank you for making this. It was a terrific read. :twilightsmile:

This story was an absolute joy to read. I grinned through every chapter. I partially feel that I'd like to see a sequel, yet at the same time, I feel that this is perfect as it is. Perhaps someday this could become a novel. I'd pay to have that on my shelf.

8707720 I share your sentiment dude I too started reading this from the first chapter they posted. This story was so beautiful. I hope there is more to come from this wonderful author.

*stands up whilst initiating slow clap*

Haven'T read it yet but is there a chance for a sequel? I just get the feeling it will feel to short for my liking, but at least it was a nice story so far.

I demand for the sequel/side stories :twilightsmile: Thou hast Kevin and Crystal storyline in thy stash.
Besides, the motive of solving the "getting foals issue" may drive thee to another awesome story.

P.S.: *ponders if unliking then liking the story, just for the sake of that act, is...* "Meh, tis stupid! I shall arrant like the ability to place the second "thumb up", if possible..."

I remember seeing the first chapter when it was posted and thinking to myself, "A romance story about Harshwhinny? Sounds kinda boring."

I've never been so glad to be wrong.

Damn... it's ended at last? Wow, it has certainly been one hell of a run! :rainbowdetermined2: I was on a Harshwinny binge when I found this, and to this day it still holds up as one of the best Harshwinny Romance fics out there, truly a piece of work and a wonderful read start to finish! :heart:

Damn good work on this, Author, this was a wonderful read, an awesome show, and I enjoyed reading this, day in and day out from start to finish!

So I bid you all adieu, and I will see you all next time!

~Dustchu :heart: :rainbowdetermined2:

Heh, Rainbow Dash had the perfect approach for being the face of the Games - indeed, what's the point if you're not having fun?
Besides, I bet she already had plenty of money, and she doesn't seem like one to be greedy so she can waste money on pointless frivolousness.

One thing though... I don't remember Filthy Rich speaking with a country accent. I mean, I might be wrong, but I think he speaks like everyone else.

How Violet solved the little issue with her husband's family not yet knowing...
Well, that was a blitzkrieg plan if I ever saw one :rianbowlaugh:
Shock and awe indeed. Seems like a family visit is due earlier than anyone expected.

And this concludes a wonderful tale of love. Bravo, bravo! *claps*
I'm sad to see that it is over... but glad for the journey. Thank you :twilightsmile:

When reading a good story, there is nothing I hate more than a poor ending. :trixieshiftleft: And I think this story does exactly that. It all felt very rushed, to the point where it was OBVIOUS the author was trying to tie up loose ends as quickly as possible. :facehoof:

Mrs. Harshwhinny's marriage? Psht, no one wants to see that! Skip!
Honeymoon? Skip!
Fast Pass's assistant? Marriage.
MC's friends? Also marriage, because why not?

Parents don't know about us yet? "Hi there, I married your son and he didn't tell you because you made him uncomfortable. Have a nice day!" :raritywink:

I don't understand why more time couldn't have been taken to make these moments feel genuine. The ending is how a lot of readers will remember the story. And I certainly don't want to recall this when remembering a good story like this. :applejackunsure:

I have a feeling that "ex" of Violet is gonna make an appearance.

THE.LAST.CHAPTER? NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!:raritycry:

*sighs* Well I better get started on the second to last chapter...

Another Story Over,
A New One Just Begun.

Next on The Harshwhinneys.

Family Life:A Satyr On Child Rearing. :trollestia:

Congratulations on completion of a nice slice of life.

I just hope real life isnt stood impatiently behind you tapping the baseball bat with nails in menacingly. :twilightoops:

”I didn’t keep that announcement of Done Deal and Elizabeth getting married from you, did I?”

Ehhh, again with pointing out how there are many others getting in on interspecial relationships. It makes Mr. and Mrs. Harshwhinny seem less special.

8636494
I'm afraid it's rather common for celebrities to get lesser sentences for crimes.

Could we expect a sequel for the next Equestria Games?

A great ending for a great story

*realises I have no other stories to wait on updates for now*

Life is cruel...

Bravo! This was an absolutely beautiful love story! As a hopeless romantic, I tend to enjoy these :raritywink: All the while, I'll be here waiting for the day a lucky lady comes into my life but I digress :twilightblush: From start to finish, the story was wonderfully done and was so much fun to read! Thank you for making this! :heart:

“That’s…that’s fine….um…” Mom thinks for a moment or two, “As for the teasing…I…um…well…it was all in good fun, we weren’t really against any sort of…”

I think, normally, most parents would cried "SON!! Why didn't you invite us to your own wedding?!".

My only "wut" was hearing Diamond Tiara's daddy with such an accent. Unless that's a different Filthy?

Nice work, man.

This was apretty fun one to read.

~Skeeter The Lurker

8708116
So quickly, though? Even in Star Trek: Enterprise, a show set around when humans and Vulcans Have been working together for either 150 or 200 years, There was still nothing said about anyone having interspecies relationships. And when Commander Tucker found interest in T’Pol, It was considered strange and bizarre by the people around them, with only his friends understanding why he felt that way. This story has been saying that mankind when met another species, that it takes only a year to pass for interest to start with a species that doesn’t even have human heads. Before interspecies relationships can be possible, both cultures have to have died down in the xenophobia. And it sounds like the equestrians are pretty xenophobic, And I’m willing to bet some humans are too.

Kinda was hoping for a chapter of Harshwhinny meeting Mister’s parents but oh well. Such a lovely sorry and thank you for the hard work into making it. Truly a marvelous story that makes me want to reread it again and again.

8708312
Still, It would take at least four hundred years before Interspecies relationships would become accepted. Mankind can be pretty intolerant.

True amazing story and a strong finish!
Great work!:moustache:

Hhhhhmmm it feels like forever when I had the last chapter, but it probably wasn't that long. Well anyway the chapters ending.....was okay, better than most I guess, but since I wasn'T so deep into the feelings this time, it was just okay.

I kind of hope for a sequel with a not to big timeskip. I'm hoping for an adoption since that would also give us alredy a child old enough to cause some trouble or interact with them. Normally I'm not into it but I would maybe actually want the pov of the child.

Comment posted by Damien Darkside deleted Feb 3rd, 2018

This is easily one of the best Harshwinny stories and is in general just a great romance.

I can't wait to see what else you come up with next. I've been here releasing since the first chapter and I always got excited when I saw a new one come up.

My only request is to not write a sequel. I think it would be an absolute waste considering how everything this story was meant to do has been done.

Keep up the great work!

This is probably the only "human in Equestria" story I've ever enjoyed.

For once, I'm not watching some Gary Stu have his way with the Mane 6 and play concerts with DJ Pon-3. The Anon here is flawed, yet determined, and has a lot of growth throughout the story. I don't necessarily project myself into it, but the narrative works very well.

The characterisation is excellent. A lot of it relies on logical extensions of characteristics we've seen in the show, and to that I'd say that Ms. Harshwhinny in particular is very believable.

The romance is very well crafted. It's developed, it's sincere, it's not contrived, and it's intimate. You really feel the close bond Anon and Harshwhinny have, especially during scenes where they're fiercely at odds with another character. Even the sex is romantic and sensual - I think that we can appreciate tasteful sex scenes even if they don't necessarily do much for oneself.

I'd like to thank you for creating such a superb story. I wasn't expecting to Favourite it when it first popped up on the front page all that time ago, but here we are.

a perfect ending to a super story.

A great series, Harshwinny is a guilty like of mine and you wrote her very well. I'm sad to see it end but glad for the journey. Cheers

An absolutely beautiful story! As much as I wish to see more, I can't say I'm disappointed by the ending. :pinkiesmile:

Sad to see it end but it ended on a high note.

Well done, sir! It was a pleasure reading this story, and while I'm sad to see it end, it is one of those bittersweet sad feelings, like after you finish a really good story. Which this was. Well done, sir! :pinkiehappy:

That was a dope experience. Well done and hats off to you, good user.:twilightsmile:

Pretty rushed ending, but otherwise a good read. Take a like and fav.

That story was red hot from start to finish! :rainbowkiss:

Login or register to comment