• Published 26th Feb 2015
  • 15,263 Views, 1,181 Comments

Straight to Belle - dinkyseviltwin



I get a second chance at life waking up as Sweetie Belle, and proceed to abuse the hell out of it.

Comments ( 46 )

Hm.

Uhm-Ah wanna apologize fer not bein' all dillegent-andwhutnot on commentin. It was kinda a mixture of laziness an' disinterest, especially when Sweetie Ghost appeared. Ah plum tuckin' thought that was dumb. Also ah've been readin stories on phones. And it won't let me comment while usin 'em.

Ah felt obliged to push open mah computer an' leave a comment. Cause... you've improved. Ah'm a bit stunned that yer bein more creative and impactful with yer words, and ah've missed those moment when you'd make me guffaw like a loon.

This comment covers this an' the last three chapters.
First off, the parent scene was brilliant. The reactions were spot on, an' ah fell in love all over again.
Second, havin' Sweetie Ghost disappear kinda made mah inner me throw a party. Ah especially loved how Ghostys disappearance just made our protagonist feel even more crazy.
Third, again the dynamic with the parents, Rarity, an' self-the-insert was flabbergastin' frickin fantastic! Now ain't that a treat.
Fourth, ah really like how you utilized song into this chapter. It was... nice.

Heck. This long comment was mostly another way of me sayin' "thank ya." You made me, and countless others, smile. An' heck ain't that somethin precious.

Thank ya.

SRY
SRY #2 · May 1st, 2016 · · ·

Glowing machine, Remnant, making the land safe again.....very very interesting.

Good chapter, and I just love all the little world building details you add in to the story.

git gud

I see. :rainbowlaugh:

A most lovely chapter once more. Thanks. :twilightsmile:

I have to wonder; how sexual will this get? So far it's been masturbation and causal glances under tails, but will it get into any true underage sex? FillyXunderage? FillyXadult? Just curious, but if it's too spoilery you don't have to answer.

7175898
I sincerely hope this doesn't get answered. I would prefer to avoid as much perversion is possible in this story. The stuff that's present is justifiable as a combination of 'stress atavism' for lack of a better borrowed term and the protagonist being twitterpated.

7175185

Uhm-Ah wanna apologize fer not bein' all dillegent-andwhutnot on commentin. It was kinda a mixture of laziness an' disinterest, especially when Sweetie Ghost appeared. Ah plum tuckin' thought that was dumb.

Yeah, I did too. But I did say I was going to do everything wrong in this fic. Unfortunately "Sweetie Ghost" is sort of central to the underlying plot of this story, and much as I would have loved to write about just Sweetie deluded into thinking she's a chantard, it just would have made me toss out so much good stuff. So, I do realize "headvoices" are stupid and cliché, but I'll try to make it as unannoying as possible, until things start getting interesting.

Ah'm a bit stunned that yer bein more creative and impactful with yer words, and ah've missed those moment when you'd make me guffaw like a loon.

Well... I got hit pretty hard emotionally, last winter. The holiday season takes a lot out of me. It's good to hear that I'm not the only one who thinks I'm doing better!

First off, the parent scene was brilliant. The reactions were spot on, an' ah fell in love all over again.

Me writing this:
"Oh gawd, I have to do Sweetie Belle's parents? Those annoying clichès? This is gonna suck! Why am I even writing this?"
(1 hour later)
"Holey moley, Sweetie's parents are awesome! These are the best characters I've ever done in my life! They're so happening and real! Oh boy that's a great idea, this is gonna be so awesome."
(1 hour later)
"...what the hay did I just write?"

Second, havin' Sweetie Ghost disappear kinda made mah inner me throw a party. Ah especially loved how Ghostys disappearance just made our protagonist feel even more crazy.

I sense the schadenfreude is strong in this one!

Fourth, ah really like how you utilized song into this chapter. It was... nice.

I love the idea of "heart songs" you don't even know. I used to train myself as a child to always be affected by some earworm or another, just so that I'd have musical accompaniment to the events of my life. Just wish I was better at the actual making of those songs... but nice is fine. I always feel kind of awkward when my story starts heading towards a musical number, like I shouldn't be inflicting it on other people, but I just say YOLO and do it anyway.

You made me, and countless others, smile. An' heck ain't that somethin precious.

Hi! :pinkiehappy: I missed you! I thought you'd gone! Thanks for coming by and giving me your beautiful words. I'll try to actually earn them, as best as I can.

7175666
Hardest thing is keeping the story moving, and not turning into a big question-and-answer chapter, where I ask myself how my own arbitrary universe rules work, and then answer myself. "So, the fleebnots are frobbles, but how are they frigglish?" "Duh, they're farbling frigglish!" "Oh, obviously."

Just have to remember that in real life, it's hard to pay attention long enough, with reality intruding on your quiet little isolated discussion.

7175802
git gud or get out :raritywink

7175898
I don't have any true, underage sex planned. I don't want to say it's a foregone conclusion though. But the world here isn't as gratuitous as the ones I usually write. The characters get what they need here, more than my assumption of what the readers want. Both are important, but... if I have to make it forced and contrived to get a colt in a filly, I'll probably pass on doing that in this story. If it follows naturally in the story though, it's certainly in the realm of possibility there'll be more sexual escapades.

7178501
Well, maybe they're not on the show. And it really depends. Twilight's "Nightmare Moon" book is the only book in Equestria that uses pictrographic letter forms. Most of the show just has blank bindings, or a picture, or a squiggle.

I am bothered by organization changes that come out of left field because I find it unnecessary, irritating, and annoying.

Um, sorry, I think? Which of my organization changes came out of left field? Sweetie Ghost?

7179116
Poor Luna, having to deal with a disturbed human's nightmares. This case must be stressin' her out... kind of reminds me of The Exorcist.

It's been a while so I don't remember (I'm following several fics where the human is fearful of being discovered by Luna during sleep)... but does Luna know that this Sweetie isn't a pony? Does she recognize Sweetie Belle as a Ponyville filly?

Dinkie you're posting semi regularly! Did you find a way to post safetly or was it all paranoia? I love the chapter btw~

Compared to the other chapters I can't help but notice how light it is on the sexual thoughts. Can't tell if this is from a focus change or what but it was a nice little change of pace.:scootangel: And the next chapter will just be loaded with dirty dirty thoughts since I brought it up. Muahahaha:trixieshiftright:

dwarved

I believe the past participle of dwarf is dwarfed.

Ah, so that's how you're handling Everfree's ecological liberty contrast. Was there an Earth pony named Terra flu-:trixieshiftleft: :trixieshiftright: pfui. Or should I saysing PFUDOR?

I almost want sweetie ghost's disappearance to be due to lack of masturbation. Like it gives her the energy to become apparent for a few days.

Watching our protagonist deal with the mixed emotional baggage of fueling her consciousness by "abusing" "her" body would be interesting.

Hehehe
Git gud Scruba Loo.. :trollestia:
I'm enjoying this story, I hope for a new update soon!
The awkwardness of anon(his name hasn't been brought up yet right? Lol) about being Sweetie Belle and experiencing these female urges.. I mean.. If we break it down, all the urges are caused by a chemical being released in the brain. I would say it's likely due to him experiencing similar urges in his male form that with the brain swap those urges may be transferred through as well... If I were him i would be absolutely beside myself with the urges... #annoying :rainbowlaugh:

7179116 I wonder if Luna killed Sweetie Ghost, and now Pervie Belle is slowly assimilating the remaining fragments...? I miss Thrackerzod; I'm going to go rewatch MAS and RBDP... Again...:twilightblush:

I really love the worldbuilding in this. Like, so, so much.

I just wanna give not-Sweetie and the author a hug.

Ah, alas, there is yet no more story. You know, I hadn't realized it while I was reading but all of this feels... very organic and natural. These ponies are interacting exactly the way I would expect them to, even down to forgetting things from time to time. You've obviously put a lot of time and effort into this, so I just want to thank you for caring so much about what is shaping up to be quite the tale.

7181711
That is a very good question.

7188014

Dinkie you're posting semi regularly!
#1,069 · 4w, 2h ago

:fluttershyouch: I found a way to post safely... for now, at least.

7190877
Oh yes, must rewrite all those dirty thoughts in, just to bother people *scribbles furiously*

7191446
Yes.

7200968
Well, good luck getting what you want. I'll try not to disappoint, but I'm not going to change what's going on so, hopefully you find it satisfactory.

7233062
What, all males who aren't married are not hip deep in the bitches? :scootangel:

7253951
Well, someone wanting to give me a hug feels really good too. :twilightsmile:

And I wish I could give her a hug too. :fluttercry:

7255699
Sorry! If you spot any errors, I'll try to correct them. Um... I don't think there are a lot though. Someone did do pretty meticulous grammar checking on most of my earlier chapters, before they got scared away by Sensory Overload. Later chapters, no promises, sorry. I'm pretty much by myself here.

7255787
Oh come on, there's a train! Most of the way! It's only past the edge of the frontier of civilization after that. In a blasted wasteland full of monsters. ...the three of them weren't doing so well, by the end of it. :applecry:

7256845
Whoops!

7259121
Plus I'm not sure they take submissions where the protagonist is constantly worrying about her new little girl parts.

7259496
Really?? Wow, thanks! I really like writing songs, but I'm not too confident of being good at it. But in this pony genre I've really wanted to do something along those lines. Try to take back the notion of healing songs from the marketers and the moralists. And seriously, I would really appreciate it if you could tell me where the editing mistakes are.

7259832
7259938
The story begins about a week after the Sisterhooves Social episode. But the episodes are not necessarily in chronological order. I'm being kind of lenient on their order in this story, but I really do think a lot of them are more like nostalgic flashbacks, that cover points of their lives that may have come far before the episode's relative air date. The Social for instance was probably before Fall Weather Friends, because Rarity still hadn't learned that sometimes it's good to make concessions for friends, even if you have to get a little dirty. She sacrificed herself in the Sisterhooves Social, but in Fall Weather Friends she learned how it can be a good thing, so it's not really a sacrifice, if you put them in show order.

You sort of have to just pay attention to see what hasn't happened yet, but a general guideline is it's set right after the Sisterhooves Social episode went horribly wrong. They're done with season 1, are working on season 2, and haven't gotten to season 3, yet.

I personally find it inconceivable that those three would go one single Hearts and Hooves Day, without trying to help their favoritest schoolteacher in the whole world get laid, so that'd be pretty early on in their lives.

I mean, honestly show continuity was pretty much forked when the protagonist woke up as Sweetie Belle a hundred miles away from home in the middle of the Badlands. But there is admittedly a reason I'm not sticking to strict canonical show order in everything, outside of just convenience.

7262075
You have no idea how grateful I am to read that. I do put a lot of effort into this story... probably too much effort, but you only live once, right? Seeing people enjoying it enough to even give me a running commentary makes me feel all fuzzy inside, like I'm at least not a total waste of time. I do write this story because I get in the mood to muse about life in a different world, for a little pony who's not a little pony, who's lost her way. I enjoy writing about her life, and what develops. But... I also write it because it's probably the most well received thing I've ever written. I love making people like you happy!

7268640
And I love finding little gems like this.

Whoever edited this did a decent job, but there are a few scattered errors which I honestly don't want to go digging for. However, if I read back through this (which I most likely will) I will keep an eye out, and I'll record my findings in a different tab as I go. For now, I have other stories in my read later list that I'm trying to get below 100 stories on. Good luck with updating this. I wish you luck.

And as always, Never Stop Writing.

7340753
Actually, I believe the font is more legible in the Ponyville Confidential episode. Not all books in that universe are hand written, hence a printing press. Most of the spelling and grammar structure is the same, even if the text is mirrored or disorganized.i32.photobucket.com/albums/d12/GabrielsThoughts/maxresdefault_zpsqbmnrvek.jpg

U LOAL EERF qRISZ U
Exwusie!

Is still close enough to legible even if s/he couldn't spot the blended letters in 'Exclusiev!,' the upside down 'F,' or mirror writing of free. It's not nearly as complicated as reading German.

Holy crap, so much skimming...

7269095
Well, the good news is I haven't stopped writing. I have been having trouble motivating myself to write this story though, and perhaps changing something up might be called for after all.

7295153
I don't think it's right, but I do think it's true. Honestly, I think Rarity's summation is very permissive and generous, compared to our society. As I was growing up, girls stayed very far away from boys, and vice versa. It was mostly self motivated, because they didn't want to be singled out or ostracised, just a general chilling effect on intermingling. Any holdouts left were pretty much taken care of either by the gender segregated activities, or parents worried about teen pregnancy. They don't call it the "Boy Scouts" because it doesn't exist to keep boys from interacting with girls, after all.

It's nice to know some people didn't have a childhood like that.

7341592

Actually, I believe the font is more legible in the Ponyville Confidential episode.

I try to stay show accurate where possible, but the portrayal of the pony writing system is extremely inconsistent. Binary typewriters that produce cursive. Vague, English-like letters jumbled together. Literal pictographs that bear no resemblance to English at all. And "WELCOME PRINCESS CELEST". Is that a hint that Celestia is a human in Equestria, and the ponies are trying to make her feel at ease by using the alphabet of her homeland? The fact is that the show staff don't use actual English writing simply because it's convenient, and in the rare instances when it becomes less convenient to leave the written word ambiguous, it's written in plain English.

7367636
Skimming...?

7449721
Scouters give notoriously poor measurements of ballsiness.

7533104
Oh, I get into the silly magibabble later on, but you might be surprised to know I don't actually know a working way to summon forth arcane forces, so really I do know a lot more about genitals than magic. The main character has little recourse at this point, for learning about magic, so she's going to have to occupy her thoughts with something else for now.

7547282
Good catch. Thanks.

7566300
Honestly I think it's mostly projecting. The protagonist is expressing some opinions that might set people off, but they're a good ways away from preaching the virtues of Karl Marx and Libertarianism.

7573073
I look at the show's chronology sort of like a series of flashbacks. If ponies came to Earth and watched it, they would see it like home movies. (Taken without their awareness with an invisible teleporting camera.) "Remember that one time we fought over the Running of the Leaves?" That sort of thing.

7575251
I would very much like to see an update of this story.

7575251
Is it just writer's block? Because I can think of several points you could ask yourself about to try to come up with further plot points to shoot for.

Kudos on having Twilight out of the way though, because I would definitely have run straight to her if I were in this situation.

That pony called Sandy seems -very- familiar. Not sure from where... :P

Seriously loving this story. One detail that I especially like is while it has some erotic moments, the focus is the story. And the whole story is being told very well.
(Also, the scene where Sweetie discovers the magic of the Big O, yeah... done perfectly.)

I do hope that this story updates soon. It has earned a spot in my Best of the Best shelf.

7657617 I agree, I really hope this updates soon.

Well, I never thought I'd read a thick fantasy novel about physical therapy, but here we are!

It's been good, though frustrating at times. Why wasn't the first priority of our nameless protagonist to ask Sweetie what the letters were? Learning to read is important! And establishing a communication protocol and figuring out for real whether others can hear the ghost or if she has to whisper! I guess this guy just isn't very smart.

And not a champion masturbator either, if finding a "tool" to help hasn't been thought of yet...

*knock knock, falls over and shatters* i did not kill him, he was already dead

I really want an update for this. It's so good. :fluttercry:

Rip in kill, story.

Author got gud n left pones.

I cri
:fluttercry:

I want this to update so bad, but there are others who want me to update my stuff so I understand. I hope you haven't given up.

Never Stop Writing

*checks last update*
*checks last time author was online*

well fuck

insert Fort Minor here

8276357
well last seen july 15 now. Maybe they're coming back?

8360101
maybe but that doesnt mean there is much hope fot the story to coninue

8535162
odd i dont remember saying this

8563460
Wasn't there a random episode of the 90s X-Men cartoon where Rogue said that?

It's funny what a young man recollects.

8459131
That was funny as hell, I haven't even read the story, but visiting was worth it just for that comment

9109171
Bit of a late response there :S

I am pretty sad u dont update anymore xc

I hope that sweetie belle eventually gets back to normal and I wonder where the author when the story is so good

“Take one step, and one step again,” he sings, taking a step beside me, and tilting his head encouragingly.

I blink, and look up at him and...(——

pressed right against him.(——

——) “And it ain’t like we’re always running around.

“Yeah! Yeah... just... um...” I feel my ears dropping and just force them up. There’s nothing wrong, it’s just a little errand I want to run. I just have to tell her... a little.

“Say,” I tell my friend, “I think I remember a spiral shaped tower, somewhere in Ponyville...”

*end of chapter

I don't care if this story goes into an indefinite hiatus but PLEASE don't cancel it, this story is the best one I've read on this site. Please continue it, I really want to see this story's conclusion.

*sigh* What a shame this story is necrotic. Had a real nice stream-of-consciousness thing going on.

10740389
You could argue however that the speaker doesn’t know this either and in universe there’s some other x-factor.

10402535
Seconded!

There are so many plot threads that I want to see fleshed out in this story.

Login or register to comment